TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Legalising Abortion.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Do you think Abortion should be legalised?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 64

nemisis
punchin NOS

Re: Legalising Abortion.

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 9:55 am

Mitsu I hear in the west incest is consensual

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 18th, 2012, 9:59 am

In the US only 1% of abortion are because of rape and incest, all else are elective.

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 18th, 2012, 10:01 am

nemisis wrote:Mitsu I hear in the west incest is consensual

West trinidad? :?

legalise gays, legalise abortion, god forbid legalise incest!

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 18th, 2012, 10:11 am

Look Pa! Another one of those threads for the religious zealots to spew their ignorance.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 18th, 2012, 10:17 am

hey while we legalizing gay marriage, abortion.. why stop there? let's legalize weed, murder, incest marriages between consenting adults!

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 10:19 am

rollingstock wrote:Look Pa! Another one of those threads for the religious zealots to spew their ignorance.

Coulda include your take on abortion also

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » May 18th, 2012, 10:23 am

While i personally hate the idea of an abortion and believe that if you are mature and old enough to have sex you should be able to mind a child, i would admit that there are situations that would arise that would warrant it.

I would rather an aborted fetus than a child growing up in an unloved abusive home, or a poor family and taken advantage of due to social standing.

Also the conception arising out of a rape, can hardly see a woman raising a child that as a result of this and the child acting as a reminder of that incident.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 18th, 2012, 10:27 am

Why is murder wrong?

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » May 18th, 2012, 10:28 am

mitsu_chick941 wrote:If legalised, it should be done only for women who are victims of crimes such as rape and incest. Ie. conditions in qualifing for getting an abortion IMO.

The rest of women who don't want to risk pregnancy should adhere to using protection 100% of the time.

Why are you and others all up in the uterus of girls/women by stating what should be the ONLY circumstance to preclude that CHOICE to abort???

No matter the cause, what I do with my uterus is MY choice, thank you very much.

You can lay your own laws and regulations with YOUR uterus. You have no right to attempt to do that for other girls/women.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 10:30 am

Habit7 wrote:Why is murder wrong?

Because honor is dead

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 18th, 2012, 10:30 am

rollingstock wrote:I would rather an aborted fetus than a child growing up in an unloved abusive home, or a poor family and taken advantage of due to social standing.

As this maybe, i think proper family planning should be practiced by people. Common sense have been a lost factor when it comes to family planning since my grandparents' days(over 10 kids). :|

Also underpriviledged families are the ones mostly seen with a bulk of kids, something should be done to educate these people about "biting off more than you can chew".

I am aware of family planning clinics but most people seem to take it for granted.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 18th, 2012, 10:34 am

nemisis wrote:

Because honor is dead

hey you! don't you dare come shoving your religious drivel down my throat!

RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » May 18th, 2012, 10:35 am

mitsu_chick941 wrote:If legalised, it should be done only for [color=#FF40FF]women who are victims of crimes such as rape and incest. Ie. conditions in qualifing for getting an abortion IMO.

The rest of women who don't want to risk pregnancy should adhere to using protection 100% of the time.[/color]

AGREED 100%

however if allyuh woman just stay in the damn kitchen and dont go out all yuh go be safe

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 18th, 2012, 10:36 am

that 'foetus' deserves the same rights as any other person- one person's rights should NEVER trump the rights of another- especially the right to life- without which we wont enjoy any other rights obviously

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 18th, 2012, 10:37 am

AbstractPoetic wrote:
mitsu_chick941 wrote:If legalised, it should be done only for women who are victims of crimes such as rape and incest. Ie. conditions in qualifing for getting an abortion IMO.

The rest of women who don't want to risk pregnancy should adhere to using protection 100% of the time.

Why are you and others all up in the uterus of girls/women by stating what should be the ONLY circumstance to preclude that CHOICE to abort???

No matter the cause, what I do with my uterus is MY choice, thank you very much.

You can lay your own laws and regulations with YOUR uterus. You have no right to attempt to do that for other girls/women.

IMO - in my opinion

Nor am i attempting to do anything for anyone. :roll:

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » May 18th, 2012, 10:37 am

To answer the question: YES, it should be legalized. It will help prevent the rise of unwanted children, impoverished communities and more importantly, can help save lives. Many lives have been lost in an attempt to abort illegally.

I think many individuals have a limited understanding of what options are available when making the choice to abort. It is not always the case of a developing child being sucked out of the womb by a vaccuum. There are abortion pills one can take (within the first trimester), not to mention Plan B (72 hours from time of possible exposure).

I do believe these should be made readily available in communities where sex education is lacking. I don't see or hear free condoms being handed out at schools, community centres and local clinics. Folks in Trinidad need to start talking to their kids about this reality and YES, providing your child with protection. Ignoring the pink elephant in the room isn't going to help change the rise in unwanted pregnancies, HIV/AIDs and STDs.

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 18th, 2012, 10:37 am

rollingstock wrote:While i personally hate the idea of an abortion and believe that if you are mature and old enough to have sex you should be able to mind a child, i would admit that there are situations that would arise that would warrant it.

I would rather an aborted fetus than a child growing up in an unloved abusive home, or a poor family and taken advantage of due to social standing.

Also the conception arising out of a rape, can hardly see a woman raising a child that as a result of this and the child acting as a reminder of that incident.

this is my sentiments exactly.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 10:39 am

Habit7 wrote:
nemisis wrote:

Because honor is dead

hey you! don't you dare come shoving your religious drivel down my throat!

Derp, is that you?

Where in that did you derive religious drivel?

RIPEBREDFRUIT
18 pounds of Boost

Postby RIPEBREDFRUIT » May 18th, 2012, 10:40 am

Just say that people who cannot afford children shoudl NOT be allowed ot LEGALLY have them !

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » May 18th, 2012, 10:40 am

redmanjp wrote:that 'foetus' deserves the same rights as any other person- one person's rights should NEVER trump the rights of another- especially the right to life- without which we wont enjoy any other rights obviously

Ah, but the question remains: which came first: the chicken or the egg? When does human life begin?

It's rhetorical. Don't want to open a can of worms with that one.

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 18th, 2012, 10:49 am

AbstractPoetic wrote:To answer the question: YES, it should be legalized. It will help prevent the rise of unwanted children, impoverished communities and more importantly, can help save lives. Many lives have been lost in an attempt to abort illegally.

I think many individuals have a limited understanding of what options are available when making the choice to abort. It is not always the case of a developing child being sucked out of the womb by a vaccuum. There are abortion pills one can take (within the first trimester), not to mention Plan B (72 hours from time of possible exposure).

I do believe these should be made readily available in communities where sex education is lacking. I don't see or hear free condoms being handed out at schools, community centres and local clinics. Folks in Trinidad need to start talking to their kids about this reality and YES, providing your child with protection. Ignoring the pink elephant in the room isn't going to help change the rise in unwanted pregnancies, HIV/AIDs and STDs.

i agree with what your saying but i also think that prevention should be promoted more. Also i really don't believe abortion should be used as a means of retroactive prevention, not all circumstances should qualify for an abortion although if there is a significant threat of an attempted "home" abortion this would meet the requirements.
As i said before counseling before the procedure should be undertaken.

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » May 18th, 2012, 10:52 am

i think abortions are legal in trinidad.....and performed...

shotta 20
punchin NOS

Postby shotta 20 » May 18th, 2012, 10:53 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
shotta 20 wrote:Abotion = SIN
Bad spelling should also be a sin.

What about people who do not follow your religious beliefs?

Oh goar bossman ...*Abortion*

This is not about my religious belief. Actually there is no religion that promotes abortions.

Instead of legalizing abortions, i would like the authorities and parents to implement mandatory activities & programmes in schools, communities etc aimed at counseling, raising awareness amongst teenagers/ young women/ young men. This should tackle the root of the problem which is irresponsible sexual behavior.

(Also ban cartel & movado music :lol: )

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » May 18th, 2012, 10:53 am

i say yes & i dont want to get into any long discussion about my opinion ... :|

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 18th, 2012, 10:56 am

shotta 20 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

This is not about my religious belief. Actually there is no religion that promotes abortions.

Instead of legalizing abortions, i would like the authorities and parents to implement mandatory activities & programmes in schools, communities etc aimed at counseling, raising awareness amongst teenagers/ young women/ young men. This should tackle the root of the problem which is irresponsible sexual behavior.

This is great thinking. BUT there will always be those for whatever reason, will seek an abortion and they will find a way. Legal or not.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 18th, 2012, 11:06 am

Why stop at the first trimester? Hell why not the second, third, fourth or even fifth!

Its a woman's body and no one can tell her what to do. She created the child asexually and even if her water breaks and contractions occur, she has the right to chicken out on motherhood, that is too much responsibility for someone anyways. Aren't parents always old ppl? I'm sure your's are.

What if abortion were done up to 8 years old. That way we could get to see the finanicial situation of the parents, how well behaved the child is, if they have any disability and how loveable they are. Anything past 8 years old should be wrong, wrong, wrong!

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 18th, 2012, 11:06 am

crazybalhead wrote:
shotta 20 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

This is great thinking. BUT there will always be those for whatever reason, will seek an abortion and they will find a way. Legal or not.

Thereby leading to the blatant disregard of the law. This is true you can inform people and make them aware all you want but it is up to said persons to do what is right.

shotta 20
punchin NOS

Postby shotta 20 » May 18th, 2012, 11:06 am

crazybalhead wrote:
shotta 20 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Yup, that is true

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 18th, 2012, 11:08 am

Better having legal abortions than the alternative.......

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » May 18th, 2012, 11:15 am

I think people who think they should tell others what to do with themselves should be murdered.
We all have one life each. Why people wanna control theirs and others'?
Same goes for the gay marriage issue.

Personally I'd go against abortions. As in if it were my SO, I'd fight her. Ever saw an abortion video? That's fcked up y0. I can't think of my offspring going through that. If she insists then we'll have issues, but I can't stop her. And if she doesn't want to put her body through that then I need to respect that also. Ever saw a birth video? That's fcked up y0.

Props to mothers yes, allyuh good.
The question was always "When does life really begin?"

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”