Postby Dave » August 25th, 2022, 1:10 pm

Truly a sad incident.
Was the dog put down?

st7
punchin NOS

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

Postby st7 » August 25th, 2022, 1:44 pm

really sad.

according to guardian the relatives tried to get the dog off her for about 15 minutes until the owner got home.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/dog-ent ... 0ad0c5bc3e

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 25th, 2022, 2:24 pm

damn. RIP yute.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 25th, 2022, 5:44 pm

put down both the dog and the owner

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 25th, 2022, 6:27 pm

I'm saddened the little girl suffered that fate. May she rest in peace.

When will people learn?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 25th, 2022, 6:35 pm

Shouldn't this be criminal negligence on the part of the parents for not properly securing the dog?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 25th, 2022, 7:18 pm

Funny, when a dog kills someone we immediately hear the calls to put down the animal yet when a human does the same act is throw him in jail. The dog didn't know better being a dumb animal but the human sure did.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 25th, 2022, 7:20 pm

Well this story will never end. Certain breed dogs especially need training and neutering. The owner just have them to look big and bad but they themselves cannot control their behaviour anyway, and don't realize how dangerous these animals can be and suddenly trip off on anyone because they were never trained. Once these bulldogs take it in their brain to attack, they just clamp down, shake and don't let go. Bulldogs are working dogs, and the American Bulldog was bred to hunt feral pigs, hold rough cattle, guard the farm against predators and sadly, also for blood sport. So they need training and to work them to keep their high intelligence brains occupied.

Irresponsible dog owners will never end. According to the mother, the dogs were locked up but broke out of the kennel (how exactly?) and then just attacked viciously without stopping, even attacking the owner.
Rest in Peace little girl.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 25th, 2022, 7:34 pm

when tv6 was showing d story on d 7pm news just now i had to mute & look away cause it was so very sad ... :cry:

R.I.P little girl & condolences to her family ... :(

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 25th, 2022, 8:46 pm

It have people out here with untrained aggressive animals for all the wrong reasons, and when this kind of thing happens, they generally get off unscathed.
As has been the trend, when this happens the victim and the animal pay the ultimate price, whil afterwards the irresponsible owner answer a few questions for about 3 days, and goes on with their lives.

If people only knew the difference that even simple basic obedience training can make in an aggressive dog's behavior. It makes a HUGE difference. Simple commands such as come, sit, down, out, leave it. These commands are not difficult to teach a dog, and don't require a person spending thousands of dollars. Just some time and a handful of rewards for the beginning. To show how not difficult it is, a pup at 8-10 weeks old can be taught to understand what it means to sit when given a verbal command in as little as 5 minutes. So, when you understand that you realize, a person keeping an aggressive, untrained adult dog (I don't care about the breed or size), is an intentional choice. And they should be made to pay for that choice should property be damaged or someone be hurt or killed as a consequence.

Time to stop allowing people to get away with this nonsense now.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 25th, 2022, 9:06 pm

I have a relative whose family love to keep big breed dogs like rotts and pits and GS. No training whatsoever, lots of pent up energy with no proper exercise, no snips on any of the males so they very aggressive, always biting up the car tires and bumpers to shreds. I stopped going by them. Just waiting for the day when one of the dogs get a wild vaps and trip off on them, they think it's their friend and familiar makes sense to these animals to stop an attack. They even allow the latest pit bull brother and sister dog to inbreed and make a new litter. So disgusting. And they have a history of the dogs escaping the gate and attacking persons on the road, and paid compensation to the victims.

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » August 26th, 2022, 2:46 am

The reason why nobody bothers to train Pit Bulls and other dangerous dogs is the same reason you see cars with rims and loud music but Triangle brand tyres. You can't outwardly flex obedience training. If they can't flex they ain't "wasting" money on it.

If you have a specified "Dangerous Dog Breed" you should be required to have it trained and have a certificate issued.

This will be forgotten until the next child goes down.

How much you want to bet a suspected case of Monkeypox suddenly gets reported here.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » August 26th, 2022, 3:16 am

DTAC wrote:The reason why nobody bothers to train Pit Bulls and other dangerous dogs is the same reason you see cars with rims and loud music but Triangle brand tyres. You can't outwardly flex obedience training. If they can't flex they ain't "wasting" money on it.

If you have a specified "Dangerous Dog Breed" you should be required to have it trained and have a certificate issued.

This will be forgotten until the next child goes down.

How much you want to bet a suspected case of Monkeypox suddenly gets reported here.

6 or 7 posts on tuner with similar conversation? it will happen again sadly.

agreed 100 especially with Major T.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 26th, 2022, 7:13 am

@ maj.tom
Boi, I hear you wrt your relatives and the lack of training their animals. That's a disaster waiting to happen.

But with the breeding of brother-sister, there's something you need to understand.
There's absolutely no breed of purebred dog with a well defined phenotype on this planet that doesn't have some degree of inbreeding or linebreeding in its history. It's done today still, by knowledgeable people, to improve the breeds they produce. Some people however do it because they too cheap to go find and pay for a stud outside and they breeding for the money. Only you will know what category your relatives fall into.
Inbreeding has its rewards, but is not without its risks. It can produce litters where some of the pups are exceptional, and other have some serious issues. Nerve and chemical imbalance problems, autoimmune problems, temperament extremes, physical deformities, etc. It's not something that you do for convenience, but with a purpose, and only if you know the genetic makeup and historical lineage of both dogs.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » August 26th, 2022, 8:29 am

Pet ownership needs to be regulated, and their owners need to be fully accountable for their well-being.

If is not "bad dog" big breeds, people seem to enjoy getting a pet as a flam thing. Often, there is little space for the creature or their little corner tp be housed and protected from the elements. People will boast about dropping thousands on dog X, then keeping it on a bare chain with no collar.

If this world was just, this particular dog's owner would have been driven from the area much like the woman who "failed" to stop the little boy who wound up dead in the body of water.

Very sad way to go. I really feel it for this child and her family.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 26th, 2022, 1:49 pm

All my dogs snipped and trained and even then, I don't allow children or strangers around any of them unsupervised.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 26th, 2022, 2:13 pm

post pics nah

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 26th, 2022, 2:20 pm

Two males
IMG-20200811-WA0004.jpg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 26th, 2022, 2:35 pm

it have dog and cats in my area that constantly coming and defecating on our lawn (it's an HDC townhouse so an open area so no gates). is there a number i can call to have them removed? i hope is not pet owners in the area allowing their pets to do this- if it is then hard luck.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 26th, 2022, 2:45 pm

redmanjp wrote:it have dog and cats in my area that constantly coming and defecating on our lawn (it's an HDC townhouse so an open area so no gates). is there a number i can call to have them removed? i hope is not pet owners in the area allowing their pets to do this- if it is then hard luck.
Building management?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 26th, 2022, 2:50 pm

timelapse wrote:All my dogs snipped and trained and even then, I don't allow children or strangers around any of them unsupervised.

You, sir, are an exemplar.
All mines intact, trained in advanced ob & bitework. All of them always loose with access to almost the entire property. If we have guests, no matter the age of the people, they get kenneled till the people leave (only for the peace of mind of the guests), and nobody is allowed to be in the area where they are kenneled. If it's a stranger on the property that I don't know, big boy & nice girl will remain with me on my side just in case they needed. And yes, I've had instances in which their abilities were needed while people were on the property.

Now, before some lunatic say yuh shouldn't train a dog to bite ppl, people hadda understand a few things.
Firstly, that I have my animals for pp, to protect not just the property, but myself and my family. So, as a result, in my house my wife, son or daughters can send them or call them off. Meanwhile, they patrol the property, and accept everything that they know lives there, even the cats. Makes no sense having a ppd if he is locked up every time while people around because you can't control him. At that point, he's more of an open ended liability than an asset.

Secondly, a lot of ppl don't know this, but training a dog in bitework is actually a GOOD thing. First off, the dogs advanced obedience MUST be on point before doing man work, no handler eh going and take a hit from a dog that the owner have little to no control over. Second, it teaches a dog not only that it can bite, but also where, when, and how to bite, and most importantly, as well as to release and cease & return to the handler when ordered to do so. It's that last part that does make the difference between a person getting a few hard bites and going to the hospital, or said person becoming a corpse that you as an owner hadda find an explanation for.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 26th, 2022, 3:18 pm

timelapse wrote:
redmanjp wrote:it have dog and cats in my area that constantly coming and defecating on our lawn (it's an HDC townhouse so an open area so no gates). is there a number i can call to have them removed? i hope is not pet owners in the area allowing their pets to do this- if it is then hard luck.
Building management?

not sure we have such. a few years ago an attempt was made to form a management company for the area but there were a lot of concerns, disagreements, etc. so that fell through.

i was referring to any public entity like dog catchers which go around to retrieve stray animals.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 26th, 2022, 5:24 pm

redmanjp wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Building management?

not sure we have such. a few years ago an attempt was made to form a management company for the area but there were a lot of concerns, disagreements, etc. so that fell through.

i was referring to any public entity like dog catchers which go around to retrieve stray animals.

Building management ain't go be much help, especially since it's probably other people in the area pets that they have roaming freely. For the dogs, a call to the regional corporation may yield results.
For the cats, you on yuh own there. I wish you the best of luck. You could trap them, but is what you go do with them afterwards. Poison is not an option either. Don't know who pet could get at it. Worse yet, when cats get poisoned, they go and hide in small spaces. Last thing you want is to be smelling a dead rotting cat carcass for 3 weeks straight.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 26th, 2022, 5:26 pm

paid_influencer wrote:put down both the dog and the owner

It’s not the dog’s fault.

But yes, put down the owner.

Those who put down the dog should be charged severely for animal cruelty.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 26th, 2022, 6:49 pm

We were having this discussion just yesterday. Chances are that kid use to provoke that dog. Seeing it happen often and many times I hope the dog catches them when nobody around.

We had to put extra measures in place to secure our gate because our dogs figured out how to open it. They move the latch with thier foot and nose.

We cover fluffy food with a bucket and he does hit away the bucket when he hungry. Also picks up the cat food bowl from a height without spilling one piece of chow and take it outside to clean it out.

He also has a criminal record. I kid you not.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 26th, 2022, 6:51 pm

One coworker jump in and said the dog wrong. I wanted to ask him if everytime I clout you when I walk through the door should we put you down when you retaliate?

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » August 26th, 2022, 7:33 pm

poor dog will be killed for doing what they are born to do but when man with a brain in they nappy head kill a next man he will get out on bail to kill again. idiots yes, idiots all around.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 26th, 2022, 7:37 pm

Shepherd / Belgian Shepherd / Akita callalloo
Very gentle around us but is very protective, so we won't trust her around strangers
We know this, so our property has several doors and gates so she can be sectioned off when we have visitors
We don't have kennels and she only wears a harness / collar to go by the vet
My buddy has some mastiffs and bullies and those are the most gentle and mooksy dogs I have ever seen....timid like a wild deer :lol:
In my experience, dogs raised at the end of a chain or confined to a kennel are the ones that become uncontrollably vicious / unpredictable
Attachments
Buff.jpeg

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 26th, 2022, 7:44 pm

she hair matt up. Get a very dull hacksaw blade and put it in a block of wood and comb her down. After a shampooing.

This contraption is called an EquiGroomerif you buy it.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 26th, 2022, 7:56 pm

maj. tom wrote:she hair matt up. Get a very dull hacksaw blade and put it in a block of wood and comb her down. After a shampooing.

This contraption is called an EquiGroomerif you buy it.
She has Akita in the mix.Grooming is a never ending job

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”