Forums

Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

Postby rollingstock » September 21st, 2022, 9:34 pm

Where accepts rat farts as legal tender though?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 21st, 2022, 9:49 pm

paid_influencer wrote:why d rass you calling it a pet? you so dotish you don't realize that is in no way a pet? it is a dangerous animal, even defined in law as such. you hadda be dotish or willfully cruntish to calling that a pet.

if you, for whatever god damn reason, want to keep that animal on your premises, you are responsible for it. there is no divine right to keep an animal like that on your premises. WE allow YOU to keep that animal under the condition you are responsible for it and all its actions. If it kill somebody, YOU are responsible for that.

If you not comfortable with that, do not have that animal on your premises. simple. it real basic. even dotish people who think that animal is a pet could understand that

Cuz it is :roll: . People keep animals for the PROTECTION of their castle and family. If a bandit entered your premises, and the dog deals with him, would you be saying the same thing? Dogs don't generally know strangers from family, so their protective/territorial instincts kick in and anyone is deemed a threat, even a child.
Are there irresponsible pet owners? Yes,
Should the solution be to broad brush all? No.
Not all "bad dogs" are frothing killers, especially when they are among people they know, or have been socialized to.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » September 21st, 2022, 11:10 pm

My pompeks bite more people than I can count. Almost all incidents from persons underestimating the ankle biters.

Rott, pit and shepherds only ever bit slippers, shoes, mats and mudguards. 4kin pompek bit me too. We should ban those small aggressive dogs also.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 22nd, 2022, 3:08 am

rollingstock wrote:My pompeks bite more people than I can count. Almost all incidents from persons underestimating the ankle biters.

Rott, pit and shepherds only ever bit slippers, shoes, mats and mudguards
. 4kin pompek bit me too. We should ban those small aggressive dogs also.

You forgot to mention water hoses and clothes drying on a line outside. :lol:

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » September 22nd, 2022, 10:33 am

hover11 wrote:Owner of killer dog in police custody

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ium=social

Hope the parent takes them to civil court as well it may not get back his daughter but ppl have to understand negligence has consequences
It's unlikely that the parents will take any legal action. The owner of the dog and the mother of the deceased are siblings. The mother is already saddened by the loss of her daughter, now she is fearful that she will also lose her brother to prison (her words). Also, both parents of the deceased hold active portfolios in the church so they're leaning towards biblical resolve rather than legal.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 22nd, 2022, 11:27 am

i find the law should include dogs and cats that being a pest- coming every single day to defecate on your lawn.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 22nd, 2022, 11:29 am

redmanjp wrote:i find the law should include dogs and cats that being a pest- coming every single day to defecate on your lawn.

You going to trigger the animal rights crew. You don't remember the big backlash when someone poisoned the stray cats by Caroni close to the Caroni tours area down there?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 22nd, 2022, 11:38 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:i find the law should include dogs and cats that being a pest- coming every single day to defecate on your lawn.

You going to trigger the animal rights crew. You don't remember the big backlash when someone poisoned the stray cats by Caroni close to the Caroni tours area down there?

so if i have a weed killer on my lawn to kill the weeds that happens to affect animals that trespass on it how that is my responsibility?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 22nd, 2022, 4:08 pm

killercow wrote:
hover11 wrote:Owner of killer dog in police custody

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... ium=social

Hope the parent takes them to civil court as well it may not get back his daughter but ppl have to understand negligence has consequences
It's unlikely that the parents will take any legal action. The owner of the dog and the mother of the deceased are siblings. The mother is already saddened by the loss of her daughter, now she is fearful that she will also lose her brother to prison (her words). Also, both parents of the deceased hold active portfolios in the church so they're leaning towards biblical resolve rather than legal.

Gtk they concerned about losing a relative to jail, but they don't have a say about it in the current investigation.
So if a jail hadda make, he's probably going to be the one that makes it

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » November 15th, 2022, 12:32 pm

Lovers of violent killer dogs will say to blame the mother for having the child in the first place not so? Cuz the dog is a good boy.

Monday Nov 15

A three-year-old boy is now hospitalised after being mauled by a dog at his Barrackpore home on Monday.

Cassyann Dass believes her quick action saved his life.
Attachments
image-3.3844727.213328.20221115145753.jpg

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » November 15th, 2022, 12:36 pm

ah pompek will bite u 2 to 3 times in quick succession ... ALL on ur ankle :D :D :D

rollingstock wrote:My pompeks bite more people than I can count. Almost all incidents from persons underestimating the ankle biters.

Rott, pit and shepherds only ever bit slippers, shoes, mats and mudguards. 4kin pompek bit me too. We should ban those small aggressive dogs also.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 15th, 2022, 7:37 pm

dogg wrote:Lovers of violent killer dogs will say to blame the mother for having the child in the first place not so? Cuz the dog is a good boy.

Monday Nov 15

A three-year-old boy is now hospitalised after being mauled by a dog at his Barrackpore home on Monday.

How come the child didn't get knocked down in the road? Because as parents you are supposed to take precautions with small children!
This is a full grown dog.Even playing quietly ,it has the potential to harm a person.Heck, I collect numerous scrapes all day from my dogs.If I have a baby in the house, common sense dictates that you ensure that the dogs and the child never meet.Big dog, small dogs,nice dogs,bad dogs.
In these situations,I find that the parents/guardians throw all the responsibility on the dog.It didn't get there by itself.Have the self honesty to say ' The child got bitten because I didn't secure both the child and the animal ".
Dog is an easy scapegoat.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » November 15th, 2022, 8:04 pm

dogg wrote:Lovers of violent killer dogs will say to blame the mother for having the child in the first place not so? Cuz the dog is a good boy.

Monday Nov 15

every parent's nightmare

owner needs to be charged.
^writing that again and again after these incidents getting me sick. whoever in authority need to make an example of one of these owners

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 15th, 2022, 8:26 pm

Fellas now ketching up here.

Most importantly, is the dog okay?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 15th, 2022, 8:53 pm

MaxPower wrote:Fellas now ketching up here.

No moron, the dog is dead.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 15th, 2022, 8:55 pm

De Dragon wrote:

Animal cruelty.

Irresponsible parents again…you should know what i talking about.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » November 16th, 2022, 9:43 am

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Animal cruelty.

All Guyanese dotish like you? I hope not.

Imbecile,
the child was at his home, in his gallery.

The dog belonged to a neighbour.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » November 16th, 2022, 10:34 am

Wait MaxPower is Guyanese?

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » November 16th, 2022, 10:43 am

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Animal cruelty.

Max I suggest you take time to read the article. The kid was in his home which was newly built and unfenced. The dog belonged to a contractor who's a neighbor and was allowed to roam the streets freely and was reported to have attached another kid before. The owner is to blame and the express today claimed he threatened the kid's parents if they went public. The dog is an Akita pot hound mix so banning dangerous dogs is irrelevant here unless people want to ban dogs on the whole

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 16th, 2022, 10:52 am

everyday im convinced more and more that maxpower is redvevo's alternate account

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » November 16th, 2022, 11:22 am

It have a neighbor a neighbor living on a back street that every morning and night as he passes the side of the house does he pelting the dog in the yard. His reasons is the dog does be barking at him when he passing the house. Tell me why I need to put up cameras at cost to myself to start to be able to get a handle on this stupidness

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 16th, 2022, 3:37 pm

nemisis wrote:It have a neighbor a neighbor living on a back street that every morning and night as he passes the side of the house does he pelting the dog in the yard. His reasons is the dog does be barking at him when he passing the house. Tell me why I need to put up cameras at cost to myself to start to be able to get a handle on this stupidness
Film him and turn footage over to the police.Theres a huge fine for those things now.

A little idiot by me keeps doing things to aggravate my dogs I spoke to his mother and told her in plain talk that if my dogs ever escape,they will be coming for him first.I have footage of him pelting my dogs from outside, and if he doesn't stop,I will be calling the police.I haven't had that issue again with him, so I won't pursue it further.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 16th, 2022, 4:08 pm

alfa wrote:Max I suggest you take time to read the article. The kid was in his home which was newly built and unfenced. The dog belonged to a contractor who's a neighbor and was allowed to roam the streets freely and was reported to have attached another kid before. The owner is to blame and the express today claimed he threatened the kid's parents if they went public. The dog is an Akita pot hound mix so banning dangerous dogs is irrelevant here unless people want to ban dogs on the whole

alf,

Thanks for the update.

Irresponsible parents, irresponsible neighbors, same thing.

RIP to the poor dog.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » November 16th, 2022, 4:10 pm

timelapse wrote:
nemisis wrote:It have a neighbor a neighbor living on a back street that every morning and night as he passes the side of the house does he pelting the dog in the yard. His reasons is the dog does be barking at him when he passing the house. Tell me why I need to put up cameras at cost to myself to start to be able to get a handle on this stupidness
Film him and turn footage over to the police.Theres a huge fine for those things now.

A little idiot by me keeps doing things to aggravate my dogs I spoke to his mother and told her in plain talk that if my dogs ever escape,they will be coming for him first.I have footage of him pelting my dogs from outside, and if he doesn't stop,I will be calling the police.I haven't had that issue again with him, so I won't pursue it further.

I buss cuss behind somebody child for this already. Coming in front my gate to tease my dogs. After the second cuss, it stopped

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 16th, 2022, 4:11 pm

Your next investment needs to be a wrist-rocket and a big bag of marbles. Same treatment he giving your animal in your yard, he should be able to take in return.

As regards the article, I really sorry for the kid.
And I know some short-sighted idiots go say "kill all dem bad dog before they bite somebody". But the fact is that the owner is responsible, not all dogs everywhere.

I wonder if it's feasible to have the state set up an obedience training program, where you go and pay a small fee and go to the class and get instruction on training your pet. No bitework or agitation, just basic commands. And afterwards, you have to show the animal is actually properly obedience trained to get a certificate for the animal.
As it is now, paying for training from a professional experienced trainer is expensive, and that is one of the main reasons why most people DON'T bother with it, they don't see the point in paying 2500-3500 to train a dog

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 16th, 2022, 4:31 pm

sins...that would apply to who?

general dog ownership?

or certain breeds of dogs?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 16th, 2022, 4:44 pm

88sins wrote:

Your next investment needs to be a wrist-rocket and a big bag of marbles. Same treatment he giving your animal in your yard, he should be able to take in return.

And I know some short-sighted idiots go say "kill all dem bad dog before they bite somebody". But the fact is that the owner is responsible, not all dogs everywhere.

I wonder if it's feasible to have the state set up an obedience training program, where you go and pay a small fee and go to the class and get instruction on training your pet. No bitework or agitation, just basic commands. And afterwards, you have to show the animal is actually properly obedience trained to get a certificate for the animal.
As it is now, paying for training from a professional experienced trainer is expensive, and that is one of the main reasons why most people DON'T bother with it, they don't see the point in paying 2500-3500 to train a dog
Any dog owner will tell you.The owner needs more training than the dog.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 16th, 2022, 4:50 pm

not always possible,
dogs can sense if a person has a weak personality,
no amount of "training" the owner can help

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 16th, 2022, 5:23 pm

pugboy wrote:not always possible,
dogs can sense if a person has a weak personality,
no amount of "training" the owner can help

There is some truth in this, and a misconception.
Proper obedience training is geared at achieving two goals

1-Teaching the dog basic commands and acceptable behavior.
2-Teaching the owner how to understand, control and interact with their dog, which gives them the confidence and necessary skills to manage the animal.

That second part, is what makes it possible for a 90lb teenage girl to be able to control and manage a 150lb mastiff.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 16th, 2022, 5:38 pm

88sins wrote:

That’s not practical and a waste of resources. If you can’t afford training doesn’t mean you even interested in getting the training. We need responsible pet ownership across the board. From pothound all the way up.
Too much dog sheit all over and strays bursting garbage etc.
A roaming and not secured dog should be a dead dog. Dangerous or not

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”