TunerGod

Re: San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway

Postby K74T » June 8th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Photos courtesy Kierron Yip Ngow

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 8th, 2018, 2:03 pm

TriP wrote:https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/local/the-godineau-river-bridge-will-be-saved/article_d973b916-6a66-11e8-9841-2bdb852463aa.html

Thanks for this!

The Shore of Peace/Mosquito Creek area should be dredged and reclaimed. Ideal spot for vending, relaxing and fishing.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » June 8th, 2018, 3:04 pm

Newness
20180608_135912.jpg

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » June 8th, 2018, 3:28 pm

I going down this evening to fish from the new bridge

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » June 8th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Driving From Oropouche > To The Drive Over New Godineau Bridge to Creek to Paria Suites to M2 Road

TriP
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TriP » June 8th, 2018, 6:46 pm

Opposite Direction from Creek to New Bridge to Oropouche

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 9th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Government says it has submitted proof of corruption in the San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway Project under the former People's Partnership administration to the police.

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Postby fouljuice » June 10th, 2018, 8:59 am

But I pass Friday and all them "new road" was closed, and I still had to drive on the old bridge.

It also took close to 40-45mins of traffic from just after Mon Desir junction (SMR) to the "roundabout"

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » June 11th, 2018, 11:09 am

Nah the bridge ease up some strain only thing will be bottle necking at Paria suites so far...feeling the highway go finish mid next year round same time

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » July 10th, 2018, 10:39 am

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » July 11th, 2018, 12:48 pm

Passed there for first time In a while. The piece close to rosillac looks like it's lagging in terms of build. But overall progress looks good

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » August 5th, 2018, 3:44 pm

Heard there was two failures on the new Creek part. There seems to be a plan for repairs but cabinet is reluctnant to release funds until the plan can be verified. Doesn't look like we will get that new section till closer to election

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 5th, 2018, 6:26 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:Heard there was two failures on the new Creek part. There seems to be a plan for repairs but cabinet is reluctnant to release funds until the plan can be verified. Doesn't look like we will get that new section till closer to election

You mean the section from Mosquito creek bridge to the Godineau river bridge?

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » August 5th, 2018, 7:22 pm

I believe that it is. Not sure of the names off hand

ElSoc
Ricer

Postby ElSoc » September 28th, 2018, 9:32 pm

Any updates/progress?

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » September 28th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Work is being done on the creek by Sammy. Think they are trying to finish before year end last I heard. Nothing yet on new highway

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 3rd, 2018, 10:40 pm

Side note:

January ruling set for disputed highway case

High Court Judge James Aboud is ex­pect­ed to de­liv­er judge­ment in the High­way Reroute Move­ment (HRM)'s pro­tract­ed law­suit, chal­leng­ing the con­tro­ver­sial Debe to Mon De­sir seg­ment of the Solomon Ho­choy High­way ex­ten­sion project to Point Fortin, in Jan­u­ary.

Aboud re­served his judge­ment in the case af­ter at­tor­neys rep­re­sent­ing the State com­plet­ed their oral sub­mis­sions at the Hall of Jus­tice in Port-of-Spain on Wednes­day af­ter­noon.

Aboud said that he want­ed to de­liv­er the judge­ment in the six-year-old case be­fore the end of the year but would be ham­pered by his busy tri­al sched­ule. The ex­act day on which the judge­ment will be de­liv­ered would be an­nounced by Aboud at a lat­er date.

Dur­ing the hear­ing on Wednes­day, Se­nior Coun­sel Rus­sell Mar­tineau called on Aboud to dis­miss the as­pect of the claim in which the group is claim­ing that it had a le­git­i­mate ex­pec­ta­tion that Gov­ern­ment would fol­low the rec­om­men­da­tions of 700-page tech­ni­cal re­port which was pre­pared by a team of 17 pro­fes­sion­als led by for­mer In­de­pen­dent sen­a­tor Dr James Arm­strong in 2014.

The re­port, which was pro­duced fol­low­ing a 21-day hunger strike by the group's leader Dr Wayne Kublals­ingh out­side the Of­fice of the Prime Min­is­ter in St Clair, rec­om­mend­ed that con­struc­tion work should stop im­me­di­ate­ly to al­low fur­ther sci­en­tif­ic as­sess­ment.

Mar­tineau stat­ed that there was no ev­i­dence that gov­ern­ment min­is­ters gave bind­ing as­sur­ances that the gov­ern­ment would adopt the po­si­tion rec­om­mend­ed in the re­port.

"We nev­er promised to be bound by the Arm­strong Re­port, but just to con­sid­er it," Mar­tineau said.

He al­so re­ject­ed the group's claim that the breach of their al­leged le­git­i­mate ex­pec­ta­tion con­tra­vened its mem­bers' con­sti­tu­tion­al rights to “life, se­cu­ri­ty, en­joy­ment of prop­er­ty, to free­dom of ex­pres­sion and free­dom of as­so­ci­a­tion”.

"The gov­ern­ment has a re­spon­si­bil­i­ty not on­ly to the HRM but to all cit­i­zens who would ben­e­fit from the project," Mar­tineau said.

As a sec­ondary is­sue, the group is seek­ing a de­c­la­ra­tion that the al­leged ac­tions of for­mer na­tion­al se­cu­ri­ty min­is­ter Jack Warn­er and the T&T Reg­i­ment in de­stroy­ing the Debe protest camp on June 27, 2012, were il­le­gal.

Mar­tineau claimed that they the pro­test­ers were tres­pass­ing on the land and had been asked to va­cate by Na­tion­al Agri­cul­tur­al Mar­ket­ing and De­vel­op­ment Cor­po­ra­tion (Namde­v­co) be­fore sol­diers were called in to as­sist in re­mov­ing them.

Mar­tineau said that the T&T Reg­i­ment could be used to as­sist with civil­ian is­sues.

"Armies are not con­fined to war or mil­i­tary ac­tion," Mar­tineau said, as he de­scribed the move as the "most cost-ef­fec­tive" op­tion.

He al­so said that the group had failed to pro­duce ev­i­dence that the sol­diers were re­ceiv­ing in­struc­tions di­rect­ly from Warn­er.

The case had been de­railed on mul­ti­ple oc­ca­sions as the par­ties filed nu­mer­ous pre­lim­i­nary ap­pli­ca­tions be­fore it was even­tu­al­ly list­ed for tri­al, last year.

Since the law­suit was filed, the project has stalled due to is­sues with fi­nanc­ing and Brazil­ian con­trac­tor OAS Con­stru­to­ra.

In June, Prime Min­is­ter Dr Kei­th Row­ley opened com­plet­ed seg­ments of the high­way and turned the sod for con­struc­tion on sev­er­al in­com­plete seg­ments.

The group is be­ing rep­re­sent­ed by Ramesh Lawrence Ma­haraj, SC, Fyard Ho­sein, SC, Rishi Dass and Anil Maraj.

Deb­o­rah Peake, SC, Kelvin Ramkissoon, Shas­tri Roberts and Ryan­ka Rag­bir are ap­pear­ing along­side Mar­tineau for the State.

Source: http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/jan ... ghway-case

WestIndian424
Riding on 17's

Postby WestIndian424 » October 3rd, 2018, 10:47 pm

:lol:
jhonnieblue wrote:Work is being done on the creek by Sammy. Think they are trying to finish before year end last I heard. Nothing yet on new highway

Saw a new sign up..believe it says start July 2018...finish 2020 :shock:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 26th, 2018, 11:29 pm

Tenders are out.

Package 2C - Complete construction of 9km segment from St Mary's Junction to Eccles Trace.

Package 5D - Complete construction of 4km segment from B44 - Southern Main Road to Dunlop Roundabout.
Attachments
44313080_2184297251842781_1702069722356383744_o.jpg

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » October 27th, 2018, 12:15 am

The_Honourable wrote:Tenders are out.

Package 2C - Complete construction of 9km segment from St Mary's Junction to Eccles Trace.

Package 5D - Complete construction of 4km segment from B44 - Southern Main Road to Dunlop Roundabout.
So where in the map is that exactly?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 27th, 2018, 1:42 am

jhonnieblue wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Tenders are out.

So where in the map is that exactly?

I stand corrected, I believe it's the existing segments: from St Mary's to Grant's Road Rousillac and the stretch by Gonzalez Village, Guapo. There are a lot of incomplete areas along those stretches. When this is done, they will complete the highway by connecting both stretches near Vance River.

Google Maps have the incomplete stretches while Waze have the complete highway and named "Planned Highway".

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » October 27th, 2018, 6:39 am

Well that's good news, it would Link the 9km from grants trace to Vance. Make it a lot easier to get down that side

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » October 28th, 2018, 9:16 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:Well that's good news, it would Link the 9km from grants trace to Vance. Make it a lot easier to get down that side
Yes indeed that road is mess for sure

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 28th, 2018, 9:28 pm

vance terrible and taxi drivers are the worst.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » October 28th, 2018, 10:21 pm

nervewrecker wrote:vance terrible and taxi drivers are the worst.
Boi I does be on that rd at least 4 times for the week to go to work I about tim3 they get their act into order

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » October 29th, 2018, 4:07 pm

Planned protest by taxis drivers from point to sando tom and wed. Just be aware for those that use that road

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 29th, 2018, 4:29 pm

Look out for GG

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 1st, 2019, 11:19 am

Work on highway bridge in Debe has restarted: What's the plan?

Work has resumed on the bridge spanning the Oropouche River.

Works has restarted on a bridge along a segment of the mega million dollar Solomon Hochoy Highway extension to Point Fortin.

The contentious segment was delayed after protest and court action led by environmental activist Dr Wayne Kublalsingh.

When the Peoples Partnership lost the election, the incoming government abandoned the Debe to Mon Desir segment, and instead concentrated on completing other segments.

However, site near the Oropouche River near Suchit Trace Debe has been cleared by heavy machinery and equipment is mobilising.

The Express was told that the Ministry of Works is looking towards completing the bridge but now the highway leading to it.

Equipment stamped with the contractor’s name, Namalco is on site.

A Ministry of Works official told the Express on Saturday:" Works have commenced on Package 1B of the SHHEPF (Solomon Hochoy Highway Extension to Point Fortin) which is the Oropouche River Bridge. Yes the contract has been awarded to complete this bridge only, the Oropouche bridge."

Back in 2014, Kublalsingh went on a nine- month hungry strike, which was his second attempt to stop the project from being completed to this area.

The incomplete bridge spanning the Oropouche River.

He previously stated that a proper hydrological survey was not done to assess the impact constructing the highway will have upon the wetlands.

He had also spoken of the impact the highway would have upon a number of communities.

He also went a hungry strike in 2012.

The former administration had spent millions of dollars relocating those living along proposed path of the highway between Debe and Mon Desir.

Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan could not be contacted for comment on what was the government's plan for the segment.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 1st, 2019, 5:56 pm

Work going on in dehli road as well.
Highway segment going away from dehli road and the highway. Where is it going?

Use imagination, no pics.

Fack kublalsingh, build the thing. Debe be calling out meh name.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”