San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway

Postby nervewrecker » January 25th, 2023, 7:21 pm

abbow wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:It have no lights on the mon desir section awhile now. They said t&TEC don't have money to repair any lights and any they repair is LED. That section is not priority.

Wrt the grant trace to vessigny section, I agree it's not open but it can alleviate traffic on the main road for people who have to use it. Some fool from namalco takes pride in closing the gate and watching traffic buildup without saying anything till they turn around.

People who work as police, fire, those in the industry and various personnel assoicated with such and equipment transportating machinery should be allowed to pass in decreasing traffic on the main road.

Traffic contributes to lost hours, unnecessary fuel consumption, stress and increased wear and tear on people vehciles. The road there, let people use the blasted thing nah man.

why talk so much sense Nerve????
Security guards taking bribe to allow people to pass, taxi men paying each trip.

wrt to the lights on the hw, months ago a contractor was seen retrieving the underground cables powering those street lights. not sure what went on...no lights since !!!
Just look at the havoc when star valley 205 had to move. Nothing could pass, I never seen so much chaos and that rig take the whole road. Im actually disappointed it wasn't posted here cuz that rig is a beaut and a monster at the same time.

The road will alleviate traffic buildup by preventing it passing through those areas on the main road. Tgu is right there, tgu employees can reach to work and change shift easier. They want people reach to work stressed and play with the nation electrical supply?

I have not a clue why they will have someone remove any electrical infrastructure for lighting but that piece of road is pitch black. Is only when it have a bad accident where two vehicles crash or someone hit a cow and dead the powers that be will become aware of it.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » January 25th, 2023, 9:54 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
abbow wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:It have no lights on the mon desir section awhile now. They said t&TEC don't have money to repair any lights and any they repair is LED. That section is not priority.

Wrt the grant trace to vessigny section, I agree it's not open but it can alleviate traffic on the main road for people who have to use it. Some fool from namalco takes pride in closing the gate and watching traffic buildup without saying anything till they turn around.

People who work as police, fire, those in the industry and various personnel assoicated with such and equipment transportating machinery should be allowed to pass in decreasing traffic on the main road.

Traffic contributes to lost hours, unnecessary fuel consumption, stress and increased wear and tear on people vehciles. The road there, let people use the blasted thing nah man.

why talk so much sense Nerve????
Security guards taking bribe to allow people to pass, taxi men paying each trip.

wrt to the lights on the hw, months ago a contractor was seen retrieving the underground cables powering those street lights. not sure what went on...no lights since !!!
Just look at the havoc when star valley 205 had to move. Nothing could pass, I never seen so much chaos and that rig take the whole road. Im actually disappointed it wasn't posted here cuz that rig is a beaut and a monster at the same time.

The road will alleviate traffic buildup by preventing it passing through those areas on the main road. Tgu is right there, tgu employees can reach to work and change shift easier. They want people reach to work stressed and play with the nation electrical supply?

I have not a clue why they will have someone remove any electrical infrastructure for lighting but that piece of road is pitch black. Is only when it have a bad accident where two vehicles crash or someone hit a cow and dead the powers that be will become aware of it.

Even then, nothing would happen. Fella knock away a cow already...Around the bend is the worst, the contractor have the flood lights focused on oncoming vehicles, the concrete dividers have no reflective tape or any thing reflective compounded by the fact that there are no street lights. This forces people to drive on high beam which is dangerous most times.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 25th, 2023, 11:35 pm

You also forgot lack of signs signalling the turn off for dehli road. Nothing saying traffic merging either.

Then nothing marking the road or clearly marking borders for a lane. As of today I notice the cones missing.

I remember a cow being killed, didn't know someone hit it. Corbeaux had a hearty feast. Had a few roaming the next side to vessigny some time ago. Some hop the barrier and got seperated. We're running wild and one was playing chicken with a truck.

Can we also talk about the fa t that the highway not complete but some parts like a scrubbing board already?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 31st, 2023, 10:33 pm

Point Fortin MP: Highway partially opens on Monday

The long-awaited Point Fortin-San Fernando extension of the Solomon Hochoy Highway is set to be partially opened to the public from Monday, the start of the school year.

Point Fortin MP Kennedy Richards Jr made the announcement on Wednesday, adding that the public would have full access in the next few weeks.

“By the end of September, we should have full access from Dunlop (Roundabout) back to the Main Road after the dump road, back on to the La Brea interchange all the way to San Fernando,” Richards said.

He spoke at the swearing-in ceremony of mayor Clyde James, deputy mayor Bryanna Fortune-John, and aldermen Koby Sandy and Kevon Primus King.

The event took place at the Point Fortin Borough Corporation (PFBC) in Mahaica. Fortune-John is the former councillor for Cap-de-Ville/ Fanny Village.

Currently, the highway extension only allows drivers to reach the borough via Grants Road. For a short time last year, drivers were allowed to use the incomplete section, which ends in Vance River. But that access has since been restricted.

The MP gave the statuses of other projects in the borough.

He said burgesses have waited for almost 40 years for the development of Coronation Park.

“It has been approved by Cabinet and I am working with the minister to finish up the designs so we can get work started. Hopefully, within the next quarter, we can have some work on Coronation Park,” Richards told the gathering.

“The fire station has been given a new completion date of November 30, and...we are also working on transforming the Clifton Hill community and awaiting Petrotrin’s stance on our project.”

Richards said the project he was “most excited about” was the administrative building of the former Petrotrin. That main office building, he said, would be transformed into a government administrative complex.

“This administrative complex would have a one-stop shop where you can access government services. Some of these services would include passport, ID card, and licensing offices.

“In Point Fortin, we are indeed poised for greatness. Let us deliver and take our place in history. As a pilot, I always want to go fast. Our time is limited, but our impact must live forever.”

The PNM made a clean sweep in Point Fortin in the August 14 local government elections, winning all six electoral districts.

The six councillors took their oaths on August 21.

To the newly elected council, Richards said much is expected of them.

“You are called to serve at a time when resources are scarce, and expectations are great, so give your best. We will accept nothing less than your best.”

Richards, a former mayor and councillor, recalled that he faced many ups and downs at the beginning of his political journey.

He credited the newly sworn-in mayor with being a father figure to guide him.

“It is safe to say today that my adopted father is now the mayor of Point Fortin,” Richards said as the audience applauded.

He urged burgesses to support the council and the journey of all members “to ensure that we all achieve greatness.”

Richards also quoted an African proverb that says when brothers fight, strangers inherit the land.

Source: https://newsday.co.tt/2023/08/30/point- ... on-monday/

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 3rd, 2023, 9:05 pm

Newly opened highway to Point Fortin - Sir Solomon Hochoy Highway extension.

IMG_4435.jpeg

IMG_4436.jpeg

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 3rd, 2023, 11:11 pm

Just in time for the reopening of the new school year, from 5am on Monday September 4th, road users from La Brea to Point Fortin will be able to utilize the new portion of highway.

Courtesy Waze T&T

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 3rd, 2023, 11:50 pm

Well done to my MP, His Grace and His Excellency, Kennedy Richards Jr.

Hardest working MP.

What is your MP doing?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » September 4th, 2023, 6:15 am

All mine does is cry and show his face around election time.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 4th, 2023, 6:44 am

MaxPower wrote:Well done to my MP, His Grace and His Excellency, Kennedy Richards Jr.

Hardest working MP.

What is your MP doing?

I never saw my mp since 2020...didn't even see him for local election

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 4th, 2023, 9:17 am

MaxPower wrote:Well done to my MP, His Grace and His Excellency, Kennedy Richards Jr.

Hardest working MP.

What is your MP doing?
What he did?

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 4th, 2023, 9:57 am

waiting for the blame kamla campaign when another mosquito creek incident happens lol

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 4th, 2023, 10:11 am

zoom rader wrote:

Hardest working MP.

What is your MP doing?
What he did?

Kenny is a likable MP, but he didn't do anything except provide relevant social media updates.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 4th, 2023, 10:16 am

Isn't the reason he is without a portfolio is because his job as a pilot at CAL takes up alot of his time.
zoom rader wrote:

Hardest working MP.

What is your MP doing?
What he did?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 4th, 2023, 10:20 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Isn't the reason he is without a portfolio is because his job as a pilot at CAL takes up alot of his time.
zoom rader wrote:

Hardest working MP.

What is your MP doing?
What he did?
Hmm he's a pilot and went on strike.

Red mis government logic

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 4th, 2023, 11:31 am

i havent seen kickstart in a while. he get banned?

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 4th, 2023, 11:33 am

st7 wrote:i havent seen kickstart in a while. he get banned?
He posted about an hour ago. Something about mis government...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 4th, 2023, 1:17 pm

speed limit only 50kph ?

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 4th, 2023, 1:54 pm

redmanjp wrote:speed limit only 50kph ?
For the two lane section

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 4th, 2023, 2:08 pm

100 highway, 50 connector road.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 4th, 2023, 5:07 pm

All this hullabaloo over something we using since last year.

I well say they complete the thing to Dunlop roundabout. It really don't take much to impress trinis yes.

And to add insult to injury sinkhole on the main road, huge bottleneck

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 4th, 2023, 5:33 pm

nervewrecker wrote:All this hullabaloo over something we using since last year.

I well say they complete the thing to Dunlop roundabout. It really don't take much to impress trinis yes.

It wasn't opened officially, many times it was blocked off. According to their plans, the section to Dunlop roundabout should be completed by years end. It's a hullabaloo but still a massive improvement over having to pass through la Brea. The time saved is fantastic.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 4th, 2023, 6:12 pm

wing wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:All this hullabaloo over something we using since last year.

It wasn't opened officially, many times it was blocked off. According to their plans, the section to Dunlop roundabout should be completed by years end. It's a hullabaloo but still a massive improvement over having to pass through la Brea. The time saved is fantastic.
Tax payers money well abused

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 4th, 2023, 6:29 pm

Dais is Kamla fault

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 6th, 2023, 8:28 am

Why is there a no right turn sign where the only option is a right turn to get into the highway?
IMG_20230906_083403.jpg

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 7th, 2023, 8:47 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Why is there a no right turn sign where the only option is a right turn to get into the highway?
IMG_20230906_083403.jpg
That was the old sign to stop people from using the unopened road... It was dug up at a point in time before now to prevent vehicular access to the road.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 7th, 2023, 8:54 pm

What's to stop pigs from writing tickets? It confusing people who have to use the highway. I saying turn right and men saying it have a no right turn sign.

You mean in 2023 we can't take down the sign or cover it? Saw we had our first accident yesterday by Dehli road roundabout.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » September 10th, 2023, 10:46 pm

the contractor doing mess as usual. People speeding through from point into the grant trace turn off to go up and across as if they trying to set a new speed record. There isnt any stop markers for them exiting the hw, the stop sign is for you if you are going into grant trace itself or coming out of. If you are exiting Mondesir onto the hw, the concrete dividers block you from seeing vehicles coming down the hw and their ability to see you as well.

There were other accidents nerve.....its the new norm, atleast until things get to where it actually functions like a normal hw.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 11th, 2023, 2:49 pm

Vance River to "Dunlop" Roundabout section of the highway would be opened on Saturday 14th.

Works still to be completed between La Brea to Vance River section.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=698837745611577

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » October 11th, 2023, 5:46 pm

drive to vessigny beach would be easy now?

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » October 11th, 2023, 7:20 pm

Yea, turn right at the Vance River turn off...

Would be easier to hit Clifton Hill, better water and parking.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”