TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Veera the LAWYER

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

justheretoreadthecomments
Street 2NR
Posts: 74
Joined: August 9th, 2017, 10:42 am

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby justheretoreadthecomments » September 7th, 2021, 9:34 am

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnew ... d9.pdf.pdf

Copy of the letter from Rajiv Chaitoo on behalf of Ms. Bhajan.

How persons are aligning this to politics is beyond me.

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15729
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby De Dragon » September 7th, 2021, 2:00 pm

Redman wrote:Lol allyuh childish when allyuh vex.

It's impossible to have a discussion to figure out who was wrong.

Or childish when hard headed LFD RFD PNM cult members playing(?) dotish?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9869
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Redman » September 8th, 2021, 9:10 am

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:Lol allyuh childish when allyuh vex.

It's impossible to have a discussion to figure out who was wrong.

Or childish when hard headed LFD RFD PNM cult members playing(?) dotish?


Ok so YOU know.

Let me ask- How did this happen? Its either the Chair or the President that overstepped.
If the President appoints is the entity forced to take on?
If the entity factually does not have the work load or the budget to hire another person---and ALL of this during C19 times....is it responsible for the entity to bring a person on?
Are there 2 LA??? if so is the EOT LIMITED BY THE ACT, or does the Presidential appointment take precedent.

I know that it is engaging for you and the rest of the crew to keep this as a divisive PNM/UNC thing...but it isnt so limited.

And therefore there are gaps need to be cleared up.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1646
Joined: May 12th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Wraith King » September 8th, 2021, 10:10 am

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:Lol allyuh childish when allyuh vex.

It's impossible to have a discussion to figure out who was wrong.

Or childish when hard headed LFD RFD PNM cult members playing(?) dotish?


Ok so YOU know.

Let me ask- How did this happen? Its either the Chair or the President that overstepped.
If the President appoints is the entity forced to take on?
If the entity factually does not have the work load or the budget to hire another person---and ALL of this during C19 times....is it responsible for the entity to bring a person on?
Are there 2 LA??? if so is the EOT LIMITED BY THE ACT, or does the Presidential appointment take precedent.

I know that it is engaging for you and the rest of the crew to keep this as a divisive PNM/UNC thing...but it isnt so limited.

And therefore there are gaps need to be cleared up.


What gaps? The law is specific.

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15729
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby De Dragon » September 8th, 2021, 9:47 pm

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:Lol allyuh childish when allyuh vex.

It's impossible to have a discussion to figure out who was wrong.

Or childish when hard headed LFD RFD PNM cult members playing(?) dotish?


Ok so YOU know.

Let me ask- How did this happen? Its either the Chair or the President that overstepped.
If the President appoints is the entity forced to take on?
If the entity factually does not have the work load or the budget to hire another person---and ALL of this during C19 times....is it responsible for the entity to bring a person on?
Are there 2 LA??? if so is the EOT LIMITED BY THE ACT, or does the Presidential appointment take precedent.

I know that it is engaging for you and the rest of the crew to keep this as a divisive PNM/UNC thing...but it isnt so limited.

And therefore there are gaps need to be cleared up.

She was duly and legally appointed. LFD RFD PNM Prowell is just being dotish.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9869
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Redman » September 9th, 2021, 7:37 am

Wraith King wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:Lol allyuh childish when allyuh vex.

It's impossible to have a discussion to figure out who was wrong.

Or childish when hard headed LFD RFD PNM cult members playing(?) dotish?


Ok so YOU know.

Let me ask- How did this happen? Its either the Chair or the President that overstepped.
If the President appoints is the entity forced to take on?
If the entity factually does not have the work load or the budget to hire another person---and ALL of this during C19 times....is it responsible for the entity to bring a person on?
Are there 2 LA??? if so is the EOT LIMITED BY THE ACT, or does the Presidential appointment take precedent.

I know that it is engaging for you and the rest of the crew to keep this as a divisive PNM/UNC thing...but it isnt so limited.

And therefore there are gaps need to be cleared up.


What gaps? The law is specific.


I've asked the questions at the point where I see the gaps.

Let's ignore the politics..I still don't see it.

Can you shed light on the questions asked?

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15729
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby De Dragon » September 9th, 2021, 8:05 am

Redman wrote:
Wraith King wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:Lol allyuh childish when allyuh vex.

It's impossible to have a discussion to figure out who was wrong.

Or childish when hard headed LFD RFD PNM cult members playing(?) dotish?


Ok so YOU know.

Let me ask- How did this happen? Its either the Chair or the President that overstepped.
If the President appoints is the entity forced to take on?
If the entity factually does not have the work load or the budget to hire another person---and ALL of this during C19 times....is it responsible for the entity to bring a person on?
Are there 2 LA??? if so is the EOT LIMITED BY THE ACT, or does the Presidential appointment take precedent.

I know that it is engaging for you and the rest of the crew to keep this as a divisive PNM/UNC thing...but it isnt so limited.

And therefore there are gaps need to be cleared up.


What gaps? The law is specific.


I've asked the questions at the point where I see the gaps.

Let's ignore the politics..I still don't see it.

Can you shed light on the questions asked?

Donna Prowell can use her discretion and let the duly appointed Ms Bhaggan sit as a lay assessor. This fig leaf excuse about money is nonsensical and will pale in comparison to the sums that will have to be coughed up in litigation, as well as Ms Bhaggan may even be placed in the very position that Ms Prowell is seeking to keep her from.
Good sense and fairness has to be prevail. This is not worth the hassle, and once again, a public appointed figure is playing with money that she will not have to fork out from her own pockets.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9869
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Redman » September 9th, 2021, 8:20 am

And you know the issues raised by the chair to be untrue?
Why do you think she is lying?
How?


So forget the personalities here

If in fact the President appoints someone to any entity,, and the entity does not have the need or resources required to justify the person coming on..what takes precedent?

That's Presidential discretion surpasses the act?

Wraith King
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1646
Joined: May 12th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Wraith King » September 9th, 2021, 1:41 pm

Redman wrote:And you know the issues raised by the chair to be untrue?
Why do you think she is lying?
How?


So forget the personalities here

If in fact the President appoints someone to any entity,, and the entity does not have the need or resources required to justify the person coming on..what takes precedent?

That's Presidential discretion surpasses the act?


How can the discretion of the President surpass the law when the law gives the President the sole power to make the appointments? The party in the wrong is the Chairman of the EOC. She's the one trying to override the law as she had no legal power to block an appointment.

justheretoreadthecomments
Street 2NR
Posts: 74
Joined: August 9th, 2017, 10:42 am

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby justheretoreadthecomments » September 9th, 2021, 1:47 pm

Redman wrote:And you know the issues raised by the chair to be untrue?
Why do you think she is lying?
How?


So forget the personalities here

If in fact the President appoints someone to any entity,, and the entity does not have the need or resources required to justify the person coming on..what takes precedent?

That's Presidential discretion surpasses the act?


There was also mention by the the tribunal of alleged breach of confidential communication channels, potentially dishonoring the doctrine of separation of powers and compromi­sing the independence of the tribunal. Everyone is seeing Veera as the damsel in distress and victim of this apparently politicized tribunal but what's that common saying again? There are two sides to a story. You ask valid questions and I too would like to know, especially in the case where the act specifies two and those positions are filled, can third post be created like that? And might I add, the claim is that she quit her private practice to assume duties.... just wondering, can she not resume HER PRIVATE practice and have the matter with the EOT resolved or are we just accumulating damages?


(Source: https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/g ... cfa0b.html )

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15729
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby De Dragon » September 9th, 2021, 10:36 pm

justheretoreadthecomments wrote:
Redman wrote:And you know the issues raised by the chair to be untrue?
Why do you think she is lying?
How?


So forget the personalities here

If in fact the President appoints someone to any entity,, and the entity does not have the need or resources required to justify the person coming on..what takes precedent?

That's Presidential discretion surpasses the act?


There was also mention by the the tribunal of alleged breach of confidential communication channels, potentially dishonoring the doctrine of separation of powers and compromi­sing the independence of the tribunal. Everyone is seeing Veera as the damsel in distress and victim of this apparently politicized tribunal but what's that common saying again? There are two sides to a story. You ask valid questions and I too would like to know, especially in the case where the act specifies two and those positions are filled, can third post be created like that? And might I add, the claim is that she quit her private practice to assume duties.... just wondering, can she not resume HER PRIVATE practice and have the matter with the EOT resolved or are we just accumulating damages?


(Source: https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/g ... cfa0b.html )

Quitting her practice would have involved concluding, or handing over her pending matters, so to resume her practice would essentially be starting over, hence the legal option for damages.
Also she didn't just "ups" and seek redress. She was appointed on March 17th and her legal letter was sent on July 30th. Confidential communication channels? Really? Did she put an ad in a newspaper, Facebook?
Sounds like grasping at straws from Mrs Prowell, if that is her defence :roll:

User avatar
The_Honourable
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6620
Joined: June 14th, 2009, 3:45 pm
Location: In the Land of Stupidity & Corruption

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby The_Honourable » September 9th, 2021, 11:54 pm

The questions are valid but one thing that is pretty certain... if this goes all the way, Veera winning in court.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1646
Joined: May 12th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Wraith King » September 10th, 2021, 9:05 am

De Dragon wrote:
justheretoreadthecomments wrote:
Redman wrote:And you know the issues raised by the chair to be untrue?
Why do you think she is lying?
How?


So forget the personalities here

If in fact the President appoints someone to any entity,, and the entity does not have the need or resources required to justify the person coming on..what takes precedent?

That's Presidential discretion surpasses the act?


There was also mention by the the tribunal of alleged breach of confidential communication channels, potentially dishonoring the doctrine of separation of powers and compromi­sing the independence of the tribunal. Everyone is seeing Veera as the damsel in distress and victim of this apparently politicized tribunal but what's that common saying again? There are two sides to a story. You ask valid questions and I too would like to know, especially in the case where the act specifies two and those positions are filled, can third post be created like that? And might I add, the claim is that she quit her private practice to assume duties.... just wondering, can she not resume HER PRIVATE practice and have the matter with the EOT resolved or are we just accumulating damages?


(Source: https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/g ... cfa0b.html )

Quitting her practice would have involved concluding, or handing over her pending matters, so to resume her practice would essentially be starting over, hence the legal option for damages.
Also she didn't just "ups" and seek redress. She was appointed on March 17th and her legal letter was sent on July 30th. Confidential communication channels? Really? Did she put an ad in a newspaper, Facebook?
Sounds like grasping at straws from Mrs Prowell, if that is her defence :roll:


Men trying to defend the indefensible. The woman has shown she is not fit to lead any neutral body much less the EOC.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9869
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Redman » September 10th, 2021, 10:55 am

Wraith King wrote:
Redman wrote:And you know the issues raised by the chair to be untrue?
Why do you think she is lying?
How?


So forget the personalities here

If in fact the President appoints someone to any entity,, and the entity does not have the need or resources required to justify the person coming on..what takes precedent?

That's Presidential discretion surpasses the act?


How can the discretion of the President surpass the law when the law gives the President the sole power to make the appointments? The party in the wrong is the Chairman of the EOC. She's the one trying to override the law as she had no legal power to block an appointment.


So The Act that gives the President the sole power to appoint- is the same Act that says the President SHALL appt 2 Lay Assessors- if Veera is #3 -what then.

And again- If the Chair does not have the workload or financial resources to pay an additional LA(whether second or third-then what happens when the Prez appoints a LA???

Wraith King
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1646
Joined: May 12th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Wraith King » September 10th, 2021, 11:51 am

Redman wrote:
Wraith King wrote:
Redman wrote:And you know the issues raised by the chair to be untrue?
Why do you think she is lying?
How?


So forget the personalities here

If in fact the President appoints someone to any entity,, and the entity does not have the need or resources required to justify the person coming on..what takes precedent?

That's Presidential discretion surpasses the act?


How can the discretion of the President surpass the law when the law gives the President the sole power to make the appointments? The party in the wrong is the Chairman of the EOC. She's the one trying to override the law as she had no legal power to block an appointment.


So The Act that gives the President the sole power to appoint- is the same Act that says the President SHALL appt 2 Lay Assessors- if Veera is #3 -what then.

And again- If the Chair does not have the workload or financial resources to pay an additional LA(whether second or third-then what happens when the Prez appoints a LA???


The person appointed has to be accommodated. Any issue the Chairman has should be discussed with the President because that's the person with the legal power in this scenario not the Chairman.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9869
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Redman » September 10th, 2021, 12:32 pm

The_Honourable wrote:The questions are valid but one thing that is pretty certain... if this goes all the way, Veera winning in court.


Yes the AG has said this -of course in a much longer way.

The AGs position is that the appt is lawful.

Upon what information did the Prez act?

Did the Prez and Judge communicate before the appointment?

There is a break in the sequence of sensible action-BEFORE the appointment.

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15729
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby De Dragon » September 10th, 2021, 10:40 pm

Remember, Veera Bhajan is innocent in all of this, so whatever happens, she will be compensated.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9869
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Redman » September 11th, 2021, 8:23 am

No issue with her getting duly compensated...if that's the result.

The Act leaves the President to act on her own, no consultation needed.

The chair then has to deal with the appointment whether or not the EOT needs or has the resources?

That seems wrong to me.

sam1978
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1145
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 8:30 am

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby sam1978 » September 11th, 2021, 9:01 am

It really makes no sense , unless something else happened behind the scenes. Why would the president appoint somebody to a non-existent post?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9869
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Redman » September 11th, 2021, 9:20 am

Sam

That's my interest...what triggers the appointment?

Wraith King
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1646
Joined: May 12th, 2021, 3:55 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Wraith King » September 14th, 2021, 10:38 am

Redman wrote:Sam

That's my interest...what triggers the appointment?


Still trying to defend the indefensible I see.

sam1978
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1145
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 8:30 am

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby sam1978 » September 14th, 2021, 3:52 pm

Serious question. Veera have a man?

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15729
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby De Dragon » September 14th, 2021, 4:59 pm

sam1978 wrote:Serious question. Veera have a man?

You're confused about which limbs she lost soldier :lol: :lol:

User avatar
The_Honourable
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6620
Joined: June 14th, 2009, 3:45 pm
Location: In the Land of Stupidity & Corruption

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby The_Honourable » September 23rd, 2021, 12:04 am

Bhajan gets nod to pursue legal action against Equal Opportunity Tribunal

Image

Equal Opportunity Tribunal (EOT) lay-assessor Veera Bhajan has been given the green light to pursue her lawsuit against the EOT and its Chairman Donna Prowell-Raphael over alleged moves to block her from taking up her appointment.

During a virtual hearing, yesterday morning, High Court Judge Avason Quinlan-Williams granted Bhajan leave to pursue her judicial review case over the issue.  According to her court filings, obtained by Guardian Media, the issue arose after Bhajan received her appointment from President Paula-Mae Weekes on March 17. 

Bhajan claimed that she made numerous attempts to contact the tribunal in order to take up her appointment before Prowell-Raphael responded on May 19.  In the correspondence, Prowell-Raphael claimed that her services were not required as the tribunal did not have the “financial wherewithal” to accommodate a second lay-assessor and that the tribunal’s current workflow did not require it. Prowell-Raphael also accused Bhajan of using improper channels to enquire about her position.

In a legal opinion issued by the tribunal’s legal research officer Mintri Beharrylal on August 26, the tribunal departed from its initial reasons and claimed that the President was wrong to appoint Bhajan, as she (Bhajan) did not have sufficient qualifications for the post as required under the Equal Opportunity Act (EOA). Beharrylal claimed that when Bhajan was first appointed, Prowell-Raphael informed the President that she (Bhajan) did not qualify for appointment as she did not have the prerequisite of 10 years experience as an attorney.  She claimed that after the communication, the President revoked the appointment and reappointed Bhajan based on having combined experience in law and social work for 10 years. She alleged that Bhajan still did not qualify under combined experience. The opinion also stated that Prowell-Raphael had a legitimate expectation to be consulted by the President before the appointment and would have pointed out deficiencies in candidates. 

Through the lawsuit, Bhajan is seeking a series of declarations against the tribunal and Prowell-Raphael that they acted in excess of their jurisdiction and in abuse of their power. She is also seeking an order quashing the decision and another mandating that she take up the appointment.

Bhajan, who is claiming that she quit her law practice to take up her appointment, is also seeking compensation for the monthly remuneration she was supposed to receive after being appointed. 

While the Office of the Attorney General was listed as a respondent to Bhajan’s claim, it supported her legal action when her attorney Rajiv Chaitoo wrote to it before filing the lawsuit. 

“It appears that having regard to the legitimacy of the claims advanced by your client, we accept that Ms Bhajan was entitled to be appointed and to be paid from the date of the appointment, thus leaving any further defence of the actions of the Chairman, solely at the behest of the Chairman,” attorney Sarah Sinanan said in the response from the Attorney General’s Secretariat. 

The AG’s Office said that it could not rectify the situation as it had no power over the tribunal or Prowell-Raphael. 

“Regrettably the action which your client complains are not the actions which were taken by the Office of the Attorney General or its agents and which can therefore be revoked by that office,” Sinanan said.

Under the EOA, the tribunal consists of a Chairman and two lay-assessors appointed by the President. While the Judicial and Legal Service Commission (JLSC) advises the President on the appointment of the Chairman, the lay-assessors are selected solely by the President. 

The tribunal is mandated to hear and determine discrimination complaints under the legislation, which are referred to it by the Equal Opportunity Commission. 

Bhajan, who was born without arms and was awarded the Hummingbird Medal (Silver) in 2011. 

She is also being represented by Alvin Fitzpatrick, SC, Rajiv Persad, Michael Rooplal, Shari Fitzpatrick, and Gabriel Hernandez. 

Her lawsuit is expected to come up for case management on October 1.

Source: https://guardian.co.tt/news/bhajan-gets ... fa252dcd11

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15729
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby De Dragon » September 23rd, 2021, 3:40 am

Bodow!
All this could have been, and still can be avoided, but some little inflated egomaniac with no common sense, accountability and no skin in the game decided otherwise.
Watching to see if the dotishess is compounded by digging in of heels

sam1978
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1145
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 8:30 am

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby sam1978 » September 23rd, 2021, 5:54 am

What does the Prezi have to say about all this?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9869
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Redman » September 23rd, 2021, 7:05 am

Hope this changes the process so that the gaps are closed.

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24907
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby zoom rader » September 23rd, 2021, 7:11 am

All dis because she is non red gravaments

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9869
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby Redman » September 23rd, 2021, 7:48 am

zoom rader wrote:All dis because she is non red gravaments


And you arrive at this how?

User avatar
viedcht
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1482
Joined: November 27th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Re: Veera the LAWYER

Postby viedcht » September 24th, 2021, 12:24 pm

zoom rader wrote:All dis because she is non red gravaments
Mr ZR, are you insinuating that dp-r is a functioning rxt@rd and a political shxte@ter, or that there are political influencers at work keeping one lil Indian girl from being appointed to a State Agency? Of what benefit may that be to anyone?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nick5434 and 139 guests