Forums

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO FOLKLORE CHARACTERS AND TALES

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO FOLKLORE CHARACTERS AND TALES

Postby Rovin » December 20th, 2020, 9:57 pm

did a search for leon in this thread with no results : so here goes , never heard this 1 b4 ... :shock:

https://www.facebook.com/trinidaddeclas ... 738598568/

THE GHOST OF MOSQUITO CREEK, LEON THE TIRE MAN

On a dark and lonely stretch of road located by the mosquito creek a young man was returning home from work. The man identified as Leon used to work in point fortin, he was married and had a son. He was a former student of san fernando presentation college.

While driving home his right front car tire blew and he was forced to stop on the road to fix it. He jacked up the car and had removed the tire, he walked to the trunk of the car and took out his spare tire, put it on the road and began rooling it to the front of the car when suddenly he was hit by a speeding car and launched into the grass across the road.

A few drivers had witnessed the accident and stopped only to see Leon get up as if nothing happened and continue to roll his tire back to his car across from the road. The onlookers were speechless but as Leon reached next to his car he collapsed, and the tire rolled back across the road into some bushes. Persons present said Leons last words were " i have to reach home".

His wife was making a his favourite cow heel soup back at his San Fernando home. He had promised her he will be home early. This is and how the legend of "LEON THE TIRE MAN" was born. A ghost still trying to change his tire to fulfill his promise to his wife.

First recorded sighting of the ghost of leon was seen by 5 men. While driving the men saw a "person" emerge quicly out of the bushes rolling a tire, the driver tried to swerve his vehicle from hitting the man, but the man went through the car and disappeared. The men could not believe their eyes.

Another sighting was a truck driver who was returning from a job when a tire rolled across the road the man sped up and continued driving as he thought it may be bandits trying to trick him to stop, later will he would find out it was leon when he told friends the story and they told him about the ghost.

A man named Patrick also had an encounter with the Tire Man on the Creek. Patrick moved to Othahite where he was known for having too many drinks on Fridays.
He was on his way home from Oliver's Bar just after midnight, when he encountered a man on the road. Patrick came close enough to the man to see that he was rolling a tire along the side of the road.

Patrick asked the man
"What's happening Partner? Looks like you had a flat. I don't mind helping you to change your tire, if you would give me a ride home."

The man replied "I've been trying to get home to my wife and family for some time now, but this tire keeps rolling away from me."

Patrick asked the man where his car was, Leon replied, "You are standing in front of it what's the matter with you? You look like you've been drinking, are you blind too?"

Patrick confessed to drinking and said that he wished that he could stop, but he couldn't. He suddenly stumbled and tried to hold on to the stranger for support. Patrick's hand grabbed air. There was nothing solid about the stranger.
Patrick rubbed both eyes in disbelief. He became instantly sober. He reached out to touch the stranger again. When his fingers closed on air for the second time, he ran towards Oliver's Bar.

The bar was closed, Patrick shouted " help!!! Help!!! A tire man by the road!!! I see the ghost!!!" While banging his hands on the doors. Since that day Patrick stopped drinking and became a family man, a better husband to his wife and better father to his children.

Leon was recently sighted by a busload of party goers who were on their way to a fete in La Brea.

He stepped onto the roadway and the bus sped right through him.
There were loud screams coming from the passengers in the bus.

Leon looked at the bus as it disappeared around a curve. He shook his head, bent forward and rolled his spare tire towards his invisible car.

Catastrophist
Street 2NR

Postby Catastrophist » December 21st, 2020, 8:06 pm

i heard a story a few years ago about Henry the chainsaw man

he used to be a forestry worker in Tamana but then one day he slipped broke his neck and died
he was found a few days after but his chainsaw was missing
some fellas went hunting a night and they heard a chainsaw so they wondering who cutting down tree this hour
the noise was nearby so they followed to see what going on and they stumbled upon this man covered in blood cutting down a tree so they ask 'aye what happen boy' the man stopped what he was doing and shouted 'gone from here' and charge
they start to run back then the chainsaw noise disappeared and when they look back they saw nobody
when they were driving out they heard the chainsaw getting louder and heard a loud bang then realized they had a flat
they did not stop to change the tire
they just kept on driving

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » December 21st, 2020, 8:54 pm

Catastrophist wrote:i heard a story a few years ago about Henry the chainsaw man

he used to be a forestry worker in Tamana but then one day he slipped broke his neck and died
he was found a few days after but his chainsaw was missing
some fellas went hunting a night and they heard a chainsaw so they wondering who cutting down tree this hour
the noise was nearby so they followed to see what going on and they stumbled upon this man covered in blood cutting down a tree so they ask 'aye what happen boy' the man stopped what he was doing and shouted 'gone from here' and charge
they start to run back then the chainsaw noise disappeared and when they look back they saw nobody
when they were driving out they heard the chainsaw getting louder and heard a loud bang then realized they had a flat
they did not stop to change the tire
they just kept on driving

Thanks for sharing . Very interesting.

Catastrophist
Street 2NR

Postby Catastrophist » December 22nd, 2020, 6:38 pm

when i was a little boy probably like 7-8 years old my brother and i used to go by my aunt in the countryside to spend holidays
the same night (friday night) we could not sleep because we drank alot of coke and we was playing WWF on n64
minutes to 1am my uncle went outside for a smoke so my brother and i followed him to get some air
way down in the back was garden land and had a river running across it
my brother walk out on the trace and look down in the back then call my uncle 'what is that big bright thing by the riverbank'
my uncle quickly out his cigarette like he knew what he was talking about
him and i walked out to where my brother was standing and say 'that is a soucouyant go inside now and wake up your aunty'
it was moving around through the bamboo patch then when my uncle told us to go inside it stopped in one spot like it saw us
my aunt and her husband(uncle) started cussing while getting salt, rice and garlic
my cousins woke up because of the noise that was taking place
my uncle put salt and garlic on every window and every doorway and tell everybody to do not make a line through it for the next 2-3 weeks
he also put a pot of rice by the front and back door

a few days after the neighbour in the back came over and was showing my uncle a huge black bite mark on his stomach then my uncle was telling him about the soucouyant he saw a few nights ago
they was saying it was that old witch who living across the riverbank
apparently she wasnt a nice person and did not speak to anyone in the area

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » December 22nd, 2020, 9:53 pm

Catastrophist wrote:when i was a little boy probably like 7-8 years old my brother and i used to go by my aunt in the countryside to spend holidays
the same night (friday night) we could not sleep because we drank alot of coke and we was playing WWF on n64
minutes to 1am my uncle went outside for a smoke so my brother and i followed him to get some air
way down in the back was garden land and had a river running across it
my brother walk out on the trace and look down in the back then call my uncle 'what is that big bright thing by the riverbank'
my uncle quickly out his cigarette like he knew what he was talking about
him and i walked out to where my brother was standing and say 'that is a soucouyant go inside now and wake up your aunty'
it was moving around through the bamboo patch then when my uncle told us to go inside it stopped in one spot like it saw us
my aunt and her husband(uncle) started cussing while getting salt, rice and garlic
my cousins woke up because of the noise that was taking place
my uncle put salt and garlic on every window and every doorway and tell everybody to do not make a line through it for the next 2-3 weeks
he also put a pot of rice by the front and back door

a few days after the neighbour in the back came over and was showing my uncle a huge black bite mark on his stomach then my uncle was telling him about the soucouyant he saw a few nights ago
they was saying it was that old witch who living across the riverbank
apparently she wasnt a nice person and did not speak to anyone in the area

Yea I still see them in my village.

ilove3
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ilove3 » April 7th, 2021, 5:57 am

Nothing new people?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » April 7th, 2021, 7:53 am

ilove3 wrote:Nothing new people?

What could one do to find out if one's neighbour is a soucouyant?

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » August 21st, 2021, 1:41 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:

Snoop around

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 21st, 2021, 2:01 pm

Throw rice or salt outside their gate or front door and watch them pick up each grain
Rory Phoulorie wrote:

STORM1234
Riding on 17's

Postby STORM1234 » August 21st, 2021, 11:30 pm

wendigo

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » August 22nd, 2021, 10:22 am

hover11 wrote:Throw rice or salt outside their gate or front door and watch them pick up each grain
Rory Phoulorie wrote:

Old folks mentioned writing or drawing something in chalk on the road in front the suspects house. If they can't pass without erasing/ washing it away... done know.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 22nd, 2021, 11:20 am

What exactly to write
viedcht wrote:
hover11 wrote:Throw rice or salt outside their gate or front door and watch them pick up each grain
Rory Phoulorie wrote:

Old folks mentioned writing or drawing something in chalk on the road in front the suspects house. If they can't pass without erasing/ washing it away... done know.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » August 22nd, 2021, 11:49 am

hover11 wrote:What exactly to write
viedcht wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:

That I dunno. Some name or something so.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 22nd, 2021, 12:54 pm

so these tings have dat kinda power but grains of salt or a chalk line does stop them ... okkk then , well i guess everything does have ah weakness right otherwise it wuda be invincible

mragoobir
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mragoobir » August 22nd, 2021, 1:28 pm

hover11 wrote:What exactly to write
viedcht wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:

HYMC

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 22nd, 2021, 1:31 pm

Every rumor or legend has a bit of truth in it , you don't believe in any of the folklore?
Rovin wrote:so these tings have dat kinda power but grains of salt or a chalk line does stop them ... okkk then , well i guess everything does have ah weakness right otherwise it wuda be invincible

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » August 22nd, 2021, 4:43 pm

I believe the matrix is real... does that count?

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » August 22nd, 2021, 4:55 pm

Is lescoteaux real? Not the place, the obeah.
Last edited by sam1978 on August 22nd, 2021, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 22nd, 2021, 6:51 pm

hover11 wrote:Every rumor or legend has a bit of truth in it , you don't believe in any of the folklore?
Rovin wrote:so these tings have dat kinda power but grains of salt or a chalk line does stop them ... okkk then , well i guess everything does have ah weakness right otherwise it wuda be invincible

hoss doh take me serious nuh, i jes making joke

i never see any myself & i really dont want to but heard nuff stories from close relatives that it does have unexplained stuff out there ...

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » October 23rd, 2021, 11:56 am

more stories please

ilove3
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ilove3 » January 8th, 2022, 9:17 am

Wah gwan?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 8th, 2022, 12:59 pm

it have a fb group with this same subject matter so those who want more jumbie stories cud go check it out ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 30th, 2022, 1:29 pm

nice story here written by Richard Charan about d infamous MOTHER CORNHUSK ...

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/m ... weYWKz4LuQ

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 14th, 2023, 11:09 am

i tort somebody had done a ritual to rest this soul ... she come back for carnival orrr

https://www.facebook.com/10009001735621 ... 4412272599

"Lady in white" crossing the highway causes a police vehicle to crash near Claxton Bay on Monday night.

Two homicide officers, Uncutt News was reliably informed, were responding to the murder of a Homicide detective's son, and were involved in a road accident just before the Claxton Bay Flyover on Monday 13 February 2023.
The officers, Uncutt News was told, were on their way to 6th Company in Moruga, from the Special Evidentiary Recovery Unit (SERU) in Cumuto, to the scene where 21-year-old Damian Blackwell was shot dead.
Blackwell is the son of a WPC assigned to the Region 3 Homicide Bureau of Investigations in San Fernando. He was also an employee of the South West Regional Health Authority.
An eyewitness told Couva police that while proceeding behind the unmarked police vehicle, he observed the vehicle make a sudden right turn off the highway and into the median.
According to police, the driver of the unmarked police Hilux reported that while proceeding south along the highway just before the Claxton Bay Flyover, he observed "a Lady in white" crossing in front of the vehicle.
The driver attempted to avoid hitting the "Lady in white" which resulted in the police vehicle crashing.
The two injured homicide detectives were taken to the San Fernando General Hospital by EHS personnel where they are being treated.
Their Toyota Hilux was later towed to the Couva Police Station. Investigations are continuing into the incident.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=112 ... 0122171566

Uncutt News Backup

"Lady in white" strikes again in the same area just before the Claxton Bay Flyover just before 2 am this morning.

Uncutt news understands that another motorist crashed their car off the highway when they attempted to avoid hitting a "Lady in white" who suddenly crossed in front of their vehicle.

On Monday night, two Homicide detectives, responding to a murder at 6th Company in Moruga were injured and taken to hospital after their vehicle crashed in the median of the highway after the driver of their vehicle spotted a "Lady in white" attempting to cross in front of the vehicle.

There have been multiple reports of similar sightings of the "Lady in white" resulting in road traffic accidents in this particular area of the Sir Solomon Hochoy Highway over the years

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 14th, 2023, 11:20 am

Coincidently, no dash cams exist in any of these events.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 14th, 2023, 11:41 am

Maria is back!!!

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 14th, 2023, 12:43 pm

maj. tom wrote:Coincidently, no dash cams exist in any of these events.

Observing quantum events change their outcomes ehehehe

Especially via crystal wafers with the King's pact etched onto it. :)

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 14th, 2023, 12:54 pm

sounds more like not paying attention to both undulating and curved roadways

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 14th, 2023, 1:35 pm

Would be interesting to see the report as to how TTPS explains this to the insurance company....

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 14th, 2023, 2:03 pm

here is a reminder of d story - i remember most of it ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=74 ... 2445643978

Maria & the Virgin Mary Statue

According to the legend, in the year 1909 the young woman, Maria, was the daughter of a Spanish overseer on the Forres Park Sugar Estate and she was in love with an Indian labourer working on the estate. Maria’s parents, especially her father, did not approve of the love affair. It is said that the father saw the two lovers together one night in a compromising affair, realized the relationship, became furious and decided to end it. After the young man left Maria’s home she was summoned by her father and given a sound licking with instructions that she should no longer be seen in his company. Maria was in love with the labourer and had no intention of ending the affair so she refused and said that she would rather die.

Enraged at what he had seen the night before, the father then summoned a few of his trusted workers and devised a plan to kill the labourer. He was a very influential man, and there were labourers on the estate who were prepared to do his bidding, even to the point of getting rid of Maria’s lover. One of the workers told Maria of the plan, and she was advised to tell him to leave the area immediately because his life was in danger. Maria then left her home in a rage and was on her way to her lover while on crossing the road, she was bitten by a snake but driven by love she continued running. Weakened however by the snake bite, she fell to her death from the hill next to the road.

Overcome by the loss of his only daughter, the father decided that he would erect the statue in memory of her. He placed it on the highest hill on the estate that he could see the Virgin Mary and continuously plead to her for forgiveness. It is said that the apparition, seen running across the highway at night, is Maria trying to reach her lover to warn him that his life is in danger.
The estate changed ownership several times over the years but the statue was not interfered with until it was desecrated by a mentally ill woman who claimed it was not responding to the questions she had asked it. In a fit of anger, the story goes, she climbed the pedestal on which it stands and decapitated the statue with a cutlass (machete).

Former workers at the Forres Park sugar estate testified to the decapitation and they also knew why the statue was erected by the overseer. It was for‚ Maria. Harry Seedas, a former worker on the Forres Park Sugar Estate (closed almost two decades ago), was the last person to testify about the accuracy of the event. Seedas died many years ago leaving behind the story of a legend that has captivated the minds of many for years.

The statue is visible from the Solomon Hochocy Highway both North and Southbound. When heading south, approaching the Claxton Bay turnoff the road curvs a bit the the right. As you look to your left you can see a cell-tower (this is the landmark to look out for), the statue in the image above can be seen in broad daylight. For passengers heading north it will be on the left hand side of your vehicle.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”