Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

searchingone
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Beggars and Choosers - Express Article

Postby searchingone » September 5th, 2011, 10:37 am

rollingstock wrote:
rfari wrote:
AllTrac wrote:
rfari wrote:I only pay the windscreen cleaner guys if I want my windscreen cleaned.

padna, dey does be scratching up yuh windscreen eh, just so you know.

Yup. I lock that off a while now. When meh washer fluid done I does have a jar litre bottle with water and a lil sqezy mix and pong two hole in the cover and fix meh mix.

:rofl:

x2 :lol:

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » September 5th, 2011, 11:19 am

rollingstock wrote:
rfari wrote:
AllTrac wrote:
rfari wrote:I only pay the windscreen cleaner guys if I want my windscreen cleaned.

padna, dey does be scratching up yuh windscreen eh, just so you know.

Yup. I lock that off a while now. When meh washer fluid done I does have a jar litre bottle with water and a lil sqezy mix and pong two hole in the cover and fix meh mix.

:rofl:

ent!! ahahaha

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » September 5th, 2011, 4:17 pm

once a guy make up some stupid story about how he came to chaguanas to buy milk (he had 2 tins in his hand) and he didn't have enough money to buy the bus ticket, if I could spare a little change, is POS he going..

I buy the bus ticket and hand him.

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » September 5th, 2011, 9:09 pm

one time outside superpharm in chaguanas a man ask me if I could buy him some crix , just crix he wanted, he said he was real hungry , so I made groceries for him instead , I basically bought everything he may need . He took the bag and thanked me and then I walked off but I didnt leave . I sat in my car and observed him . He sat on the side of superpharm on the walkway and began to eat and drink and then the man just started crying yes....

I went back a couple times to look for him but he was no where to be found ... the guard said to me though that his house did burn down and he lost eveything ...

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » September 5th, 2011, 9:19 pm

cherrypopper wrote:one time outside superpharm in chaguanas a man ask me if I could buy him some crix , just crix he wanted, he said he was real hungry , so I made groceries for him instead , I basically bought everything he may need . He took the bag and thanked me and then I walked off but I didnt leave . I sat in my car and observed him . He sat on the side of superpharm on the walkway and began to eat and drink and then the man just started crying yes....

I went back a couple times to look for him but he was no where to be found ... the guard said to me though that his house did burn down and he lost eveything ...

I'm sceptical about people asking for money. But if they ask for food around somewhere for food (the smart thing to do if you're hungry) and willing to wait, i'll sponser.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » September 5th, 2011, 9:20 pm

I have been approached a few times by different guys who just got out of jail, mind you this was around 10 at night and asking for money to go south. Never gave any of them a cent, if you just got out how d hell you end up by uwi. Other time some random girl walk up to me in uwi and ask for money to go home cuz she come up to get some money and a phone from she "fren" but the fren eh show up. Was young in the game so the thought of demanding a wethead didn't run through meh mind until long after

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » September 5th, 2011, 9:21 pm

cherrypopper that brought a tear to my eye. God bless your kind heart.

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » September 5th, 2011, 9:25 pm

i now remember.. a time i bought some groceries for a dude that looked like he was in need of it..a loaf of bread,a block of cheese and a 1l orchard

man had d audacity to tell me he want supligen yes :|

Upcfordcruiser
Street 2NR

Postby Upcfordcruiser » September 5th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Call me cold hearted, but the only thing beggars get from me is a hard time. Around here, if you want money, you've got to earn it. Like most truck owners, I have a habit of collecting trash in the bed of the truck. I don't clean it out that often so it's not uncommon for it to have broken glass, bits of wood, old automotive parts, etc. I used to offer beggars $20USD to throw out the trash, every single one of them refused. Where I live (outside of Houston) is not a big town so you see the same people pretty often, and to see the same able bodied people out begging every day is discouraging, to say the least.

It's not that they can't, its that they won't

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » September 5th, 2011, 10:06 pm

I give mostly to disabled persons or the elderly....and sometimes to a mother and child.

Couple scams I've encountered in POS:
Fadda ah begging for some money to buy some meds for my baby......he real sick....yuh cud even come in d drug store and buy it. Even if u give him money, he still needs more drugs for the "baby" tmrw.

The stranded in town from deep south scam. My boy story was that he was in a bar drinking by heself and sum ppl came and sit next to him and was drinking. When they were leaving they told d bartender dat he go pay their tab , which he was forced to, and now he ent have no money to travel home. I LOLed!! Can't u come up with a better story than that??

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » September 5th, 2011, 10:11 pm

cherrypopper wrote:one time outside superpharm in chaguanas a man ask me if I could buy him some crix , just crix he wanted, he said he was real hungry , so I made groceries for him instead , I basically bought everything he may need . He took the bag and thanked me and then I walked off but I didnt leave . I sat in my car and observed him . He sat on the side of superpharm on the walkway and began to eat and drink and then the man just started crying yes....

:shock: :cry: This is really sad.

DFC
2NRholic

Postby DFC » September 5th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Stephon. wrote:

sigh....
1cry

searchingone
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby searchingone » September 6th, 2011, 8:11 am

what about the guy who plays the violin at city gate? I've known him to be there as long as i can remember....i give him some change now and then... but persons with his skill are not in high demand? cruise ship?

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » September 6th, 2011, 8:18 am

passed close to a blind man's basket he was was holding out for collection @ city gate many years ago....blind man told me - watch where you going...

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » September 6th, 2011, 8:22 am

one time a fella walkin around the neighbourhood begging so my sis was makin breakfast so she made a sandwich and gave it to him he take it and pelt it in the drain i almost run his ass down but as he pelt it he take off.
the fat man beggar in POS always used to ask me and i wud brace him

searchingone
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby searchingone » September 6th, 2011, 8:26 am

i passed a blind man in city gate self holding up a basket....i put some change....moments after i heard "baskets for sale, baskets for sale"....i was like :shock:

Bareback
Riding on 16's

Postby Bareback » September 6th, 2011, 8:59 am

It is one thing to judge those who do or do not give, but the reality is that I worked hard for what I have and where I am in life. Where, how, and to whom I give is my choice and we all have a choice. The ones who do not want to work have made that choice and they are screwing legitimate beneficiaries of charity. But again it comes back to choice. You choose to be on the street. There are many charitable/ support organizations and programs available, all the legitimate people in need have to do is take that step.

Most of the needy in Trinidad have become to accustomed to their curent modus operandi, take for example the lady with the child begging outside the Scotiabank on High Street, Sando using the child as leverage. Forgetting the fact that she did not have to get pregnant, she could go to a homeless shelter, a church, etc..............

Again it is a choice to give or not to give and a choice to beg or not to beg. I give, but not to anyone on the street. As was said before, you want money come and earn it!

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » September 6th, 2011, 10:30 am

DFC wrote:
Stephon. wrote:

sigh....
1cry

eyes burn a little :(

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » September 6th, 2011, 10:50 am

searchingone wrote:i passed a blind man in city gate self holding up a basket....i put some change....moments after i heard "baskets for sale, baskets for sale"....i was like :shock:

LMFAOOOOOOOOO!!!

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » September 6th, 2011, 10:57 am

So mankind cyar maake a lil hussle fellas?

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » September 6th, 2011, 11:02 am

yeh since yuh doh see yuh son no more

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » January 6th, 2012, 6:27 pm

So, there is a beggar who is usually by uwi lights, his hand swell up and face as well...
so i jus came from uwi supermarket, and yuh boy gone buy ah guinness play 2 mark and siddong drinking he guinness....
I was like WTF!

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » January 6th, 2012, 6:29 pm

wah he play?

Bizzare
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Bizzare » January 6th, 2012, 6:30 pm

is his money and not your bizness.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » January 6th, 2012, 6:45 pm

^ while i agree with you to some extent its the principle behind it....
u begging for money to buy alcohol and gamble...nahhh...

he loss
he play 9 and 34 lol

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » January 6th, 2012, 6:48 pm

wah play?

Bizzare
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Bizzare » January 6th, 2012, 6:49 pm

If he played 13 you wouldn't see him botherin ppl for some time to come. Think 'bout it.

Freakaz0id
Street 2NR

Postby Freakaz0id » January 7th, 2012, 10:53 am

I saw the one eye, cross eyed...not too sure nah.. skinny Indian guy who begs in front of KFC Point Lisas in FCB a few months ago. He was doing a withdrawal. Looked like at least 3k to me. I think I need a career change.

TRDGUY
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TRDGUY » January 28th, 2013, 7:57 pm

That lady by superpharm gulfview who always begging , apparently today is her birthday na , very blatant with her request .

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » January 31st, 2013, 8:46 pm

many lolz in here

god bless u cherrypopper

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”