Forums

Beggars and Choosers - Express Article

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Beggars and Choosers - Express Article

Postby gastly369 » January 13th, 2022, 11:29 am

Use to have hunchback soldier by gulf traffic lights.. Fella had coils of money and after he made us quota would but it on in point on oman and rum...

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 13th, 2022, 11:49 am

nemisis wrote:Modern beggars have routes! I observe one in south and between 7-8 am mon repos gas station, 8-9 eat royal eatery, 9-10.30 southern food baskets, 10.30- 12 Karamath roti shop, 12-2 kfc, 2-3 Chinese food place opposite, 3-4 karamath, 4-5 southern food basket, 5-7 mon repos gas station. Buy meh something to eat nah, I need a 5 to get a roti, meh pension was late just need a 20 to rally until tomorrow, I came down from arima for a job but I get set up help make up some passage to reach home.

But wait you probably wondering what happens after 7? Well thats when he moves down to the cross and begins roaming between the food carts but unlike during the day here he taxes the carts and waits for the customers to walk away or towards to hassle but not in the line, those that don't pay the tax he begs the customers in their lines as well not before or after like the rest.

Its hard work but on a slow day he being fed whole day and getting paid more than what most laborers making so it rewarding for him im sure

Ah yes... the "want to make up some passage to reach home" is a popular one.

That beggar turn it into a business for him to be roaming like that, very rewarding.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 13th, 2022, 11:56 am

I can't remember if I post it here already
Yuh ever come into contact with the ones who does bounce into yuh and drop a bag with a broken bottle and then start to bawl how is medicine for their child and they need it and that was their last $100 they spend?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 13th, 2022, 12:01 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:I can't remember if I post it here already
Yuh ever come into contact with the ones who does bounce into yuh and drop a bag with a broken bottle and then start to bawl how is medicine for their child and they need it and that was their last $100 they spend?

:o

nah boi dise ah new 1 to me

like u is a magnet for all kinda crookery, i feel u need ah jaray & ah bush bath .... :lol:

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 13th, 2022, 12:06 pm

nah it happened to my mother once and she give him a $20 and then when i telling people the story they know about it

the fella does target mostly older women who walking in crowds

in chaguanas he would bump into you and drop his plastic bag on the ground that have a small glass bottle and then start his story

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » January 13th, 2022, 12:17 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
hustla_ambition101 wrote:Begging is big business, a lot of those cardboard sign beggars disappear when the sun comes down because they have their proper homes to live in at the expense of suckers. I've heard all the sad stories and not willing to part with my hard earned money.

Begging pays better than minimum wage think about it. Once you have a location and could garner sympathy you beating that $17.50 easy

I was bored once years ago and spent about 30 mins observing how much people (couldn't see the amount given) that gave this begger who was begging by the traffic lights.

In 30 mins he got 5 donations. I assume some could be a dollar but most looked like more. So yes, they definitely earn more than minimum wage.
Ever calculate how much windscreen washers make at fairly popular intersections?

Making a $20 every 10 minutes if so little for a few hours is serious business.

Ppl tend to pay these ppl nothing less than $3.00 a wipe down, $5 may be average. Touch a 3,4 cars before lights change and you making more money than the majority of the country month end

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 13th, 2022, 1:01 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
nemisis wrote:Modern beggars have routes! I observe one in south and between 7-8 am mon repos gas station, 8-9 eat royal eatery, 9-10.30 southern food baskets, 10.30- 12 Karamath roti shop, 12-2 kfc, 2-3 Chinese food place opposite, 3-4 karamath, 4-5 southern food basket, 5-7 mon repos gas station. Buy meh something to eat nah, I need a 5 to get a roti, meh pension was late just need a 20 to rally until tomorrow, I came down from arima for a job but I get set up help make up some passage to reach home.

But wait you probably wondering what happens after 7? Well thats when he moves down to the cross and begins roaming between the food carts but unlike during the day here he taxes the carts and waits for the customers to walk away or towards to hassle but not in the line, those that don't pay the tax he begs the customers in their lines as well not before or after like the rest.

Its hard work but on a slow day he being fed whole day and getting paid more than what most laborers making so it rewarding for him im sure

That beggar turn it into a business for him to be roaming like that, very rewarding.

There's a man who walks around with an X-ray folder with a story that he get discharge from Mt Hope and trying to make up passage to go home in Sangre Grande. He ent have no one to call and he just need $20.

He catch me once in Mt Hope itself just outside A+E and I gave him $20 and then like 6 months later he approached me in Tunapuna Market same story same X Ray folder. :?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 13th, 2022, 1:05 pm

Good ting Hinds knows who to spot the Piper in these ppl

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » January 13th, 2022, 1:19 pm

At least the men who used to be raising money to go to the football camp in Barbados get smart and know covid stop travel.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » January 13th, 2022, 3:42 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:At least the men who used to be raising money to go to the football camp in Barbados get smart and know covid stop travel.
Didn't even know this was a smart man thing but I have already implemented a no freeness for anyone rule by the time someone tried that with me.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » January 13th, 2022, 3:48 pm

mero wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
hustla_ambition101 wrote:Begging is big business, a lot of those cardboard sign beggars disappear when the sun comes down because they have their proper homes to live in at the expense of suckers. I've heard all the sad stories and not willing to part with my hard earned money.

Begging pays better than minimum wage think about it. Once you have a location and could garner sympathy you beating that $17.50 easy

I was bored once years ago and spent about 30 mins observing how much people (couldn't see the amount given) that gave this begger who was begging by the traffic lights.

In 30 mins he got 5 donations. I assume some could be a dollar but most looked like more. So yes, they definitely earn more than minimum wage.
Ever calculate how much windscreen washers make at fairly popular intersections?

Ppl tend to pay these ppl nothing less than $3.00 a wipe down, $5 may be average. Touch a 3,4 cars before lights change and you making more money than the majority of the country month end

I probably have a dread screw pan ….. once I shake my head and say no they don’t touch my glass. West mall , trincity, gulf view lights…. Sometimes they don’t even enquire.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » January 13th, 2022, 4:03 pm

begging have to paying good otherwise they would be dead from lack of food and such or from stealing or they would be forced to get a honest job. i does say fork away with all of them especially the ones with children cause i didnt get the job in making them for the 5 minutes so i dont want to mind them.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 13th, 2022, 4:07 pm

Last month one came up to me saying he can't work. He had a letter from gulf view medical stating that he need to have surgery on his hand so he making up funds. Letter dated over two years... asked him about the public healthcare system... he say he not getting thru "as it have covid and ting". Meh boi had excuses ready.

Fast forward to today, while pulling up to the bank car park i saw him at a distance and we make eye contact... so you done know I get ketch. When i began to turn into said car park, he began to cross. He reach by my car this time selling CDs. Tell him i have no cash. Gone to drop off a package, come back my car, he come back again...
"ah know yuh say you doh have but you know d hustlin never stop as i have children and ting yuh kno?"
"ah still have no cash..."
"or or ok scene scene... full hundred" *elbow bounce*

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » January 13th, 2022, 4:41 pm

I frequent superpharm and gulf view FCB frequently. Same one tries to tax me everytime. Told him if he ask me for money everytime he sees me I’ll have to claim him as a dependent.

mero

Postby mero » January 14th, 2022, 9:11 am

j.o.e wrote:
mero wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

I probably have a dread screw pan ….. once I shake my head and say no they don’t touch my glass. West mall , trincity, gulf view lights…. Sometimes they don’t even enquire.
Yea they use pressure to ppl to insist on cleaning the glass... One nod no and straight face after is the order to deal with them. Anytime my wipers still get touch after that, I get a free clean windshield

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 14th, 2022, 9:17 am

^ IMO the Trincity lights one not so opportunistic when it's men. Once you give the small nod they done and walk off.

Women they basically do not take no for an answer.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 15th, 2022, 9:06 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:^ IMO the Trincity lights one not so opportunistic when it's men. Once you give the small nod they done and walk off.

I leave enough space between me and the next car implying I will run uh ass over if yuh play.

One come with his doltishness by gulf light a day playing he want to touch and leave his dutty water all over my windscreen when I say no. He ask "yuh booling in yuh bomsie?" and run. Was going to come out the car but light turn green.

I dont come out in these times unless I have to but it have real people with sign up asking for help. Able bodied people that could work.

hold this though:

Colecking money to build church

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 15th, 2022, 9:26 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:

There's a man who walks around with an X-ray folder with a story that he get discharge from Mt Hope and trying to make up passage to go home in Sangre Grande. He ent have no one to call and he just need $20.

He catch me once in Mt Hope itself just outside A+E and I gave him $20 and then like 6 months later he approached me in Tunapuna Market same story same X Ray folder. :?

Maybe he have osteogenesis imperfecta,(brittle bone disease)? :lol:

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 16th, 2022, 6:27 am

nervewrecker wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:^ IMO the Trincity lights one not so opportunistic when it's men. Once you give the small nod they done and walk off.

I leave enough space between me and the next car implying I will run uh ass over if yuh play.

One come with his doltishness by gulf light a day playing he want to touch and leave his dutty water all over my windscreen when I say no. He ask "yuh booling in yuh bomsie?" and run. Was going to come out the car but light turn green.

I dont come out in these times unless I have to but it have real people with sign up asking for help. Able bodied people that could work.

hold this though:

Colecking money to build church
Theres a weirdo near pricesmart in La Romain begging.I saw the dude pelt a rongs in front somebody car because they didn't give him money.I was running his MC over

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 16th, 2022, 9:07 am

Mmoney607 wrote:Is there anywhere you could go in Trinidad now without being swarmed by beggars? These people real flicking annoying. Especially pricemart movietowne and superpharm maraval, expect at 3 beggars or sellers of some chocolate. It's like they all working for someone.
9 years. Nice.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 16th, 2022, 10:14 am

I dont ever give money to these ppl unless if i know them

Years ago whilst on Coffee St, a guy in his 40s approached me and giving me a story he got robbed of all his money. He said he need $20 to get to Grand Ville in pt, so I told him it's his lucky day cause i heading there now , jump in my car. Man then said he's has to go later cause he has see his sister first. So told him let his sister give him the 20. Man start to get angry with me and walked away. Every now and then he's on coffee street doing the Same hustle.

Don't ever give money unless if you know these ppl

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”