Forums

YOUR AUTOMOTIVE "DUHHH" MOMENTS lol

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

professor
Trinituner Peong

Re: YOUR AUTOMOTIVE "DUHHH" MOMENTS lol

Postby professor » January 24th, 2015, 8:42 am

In my youth, we had a Silver Singer Vogue, partner call, say borrow car, we have two chicks to pick up, told him my Mother wants the car polished. Partner says bring car, when I got there, the man bring out a bottle of cooking oil, we rub down the car with the oil, went home and park car in road, Mother find car looking good and shiny, borrowed car, went on lime, two days later, car smelling, covered with flies, banned from using car for a month. I went on to a career in the Oil Industry, partner went on to be a Barrister and a Politician.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2015, 8:49 am

i eh know if this is a DUH moment or a "allyuh freaking nasty muddac**t" moment

but it happened yesterday

decided to carry my 2010 civic to align because i find it pulling left

gone by a garage in edinburgh that sells auto supplies and does alignment

at 9am they didnt have a single other customer

they say they hadda do a suspension check first $49 and alignment is $100 and something

no scene

put it up on ramp...bout 4 mechanic come out (as i say i`m the only customer there)
and start to point out thing

the boss tell me a few parts have to change before they align

sit me down and show me a list

two front tyres
outer ends
big cradle bushings
small cradle bushings
rack ends
stabilizer links

exact words of the boss were "you eh bound to change the tyres but everything else must must change"

$3000 in parts for everything (including tyres)
plus $1000 labour
and if i wanna start the repairs one time

i say ok i guh get back to yuh

now i serviced my car about 6 weeks ago at a relative's garage and he did suspension check everything and he say everything irie, nun hadda change

i went by a alignment place in aranguez yesterday and they show me one tyre in front bend and the other 3 wear down and nothing else wrong, all the parts that the garage in edinburgh listed, all good

went and replace the 4 tyres (didn't even get chance to go back and align) and car working good now, hadda go back today and tell the people in the garage to hull dey nasty mudda scamming BUGWAAANAAA

on another note, i had bought 2 new nexen tyres for the front ($500 each) and two foreign use michellin ($125 each) before, the nexen tyres were bought about a month after the foreign used ones

its the nexen tyres that bend and wear down completely while i would have gotten a next 3 months out of the foreign used (and yes i did rotate tyres in timely manner)

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » January 27th, 2015, 7:28 am

once i parked up in mt wit d bae lancer, and wanted to jump out to use the atm......hear the shout key cyah come out....so i man start to panic.....saying gosh bai, she go cuss meh, ah gone an fok up she car....then i realize i put it in neutral and not park, so the key doh come out

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » January 27th, 2015, 7:37 am

Jacked up the back of my wagon to change the brakes a time a go in my noob days. Changed one side and proceeded to do the other.. I jacked up the other side but I had to move my car a couple inches into the garage as another vehicle needed space to park behind me. Forgetting clean that the back was up I jumped in started the biatch which is on a scissors jack and BRAM!!

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 27th, 2015, 7:40 am

^^^ ouch

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » January 27th, 2015, 8:31 am

changing battery - usually put down hand brakes, depress clutch to start, forgot to pull up handbrakes....car started to roll away from me while i was under the hood....like wtf is this weird feeling of the world moving but i'm not....

had to hold on to strut bar and pray hard for car to stop....

1800GSRLANCER
Sweet on this forum

Re: YOUR AUTOMOTIVE

Postby 1800GSRLANCER » March 29th, 2015, 9:57 pm

Bobby~d wrote:
COROLLA KID wrote:Customer reports car wont start after he fits new battery...

That's just hilarious

:lol: died

Xander_25
Street 2NR

Postby Xander_25 » April 9th, 2015, 8:45 pm

After years of owning a N16, wifey and I bought an Elantra this year. So I gone to drive the car for the first time, done read up on how to start the car, etc. and sit down, depress pedal, push button, no juice. Rinse repeat, no juice. I dey almost 5 mins mashing the pedal and pushing the button, start to cold sweat because I thinking I spoil sum. Then I look up and see the instructions flashing infront meh eyes... Press brake pedal and push button to start. Turns out I was mashing the X instead ah d Y... Felt like dunce in dat moment oui. :oops:

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » April 9th, 2015, 9:14 pm

Had a small oil leak so had to top up a quart...stop in the quick shop in medford..buy oil and throw it in...dipstick readin good level so i close d bonnet and started to drive...went la romain for bbq...a guy behind me say he see oil leakin wen i move to come home....i say no scene..is a small leak....

Comin up d highway i find d engine makin a different noise...tappets knockin louder.....i pull aside and pop d bonnet....as i raise it all i could see is oil everywhere...i say daiz it...engine mash up.....wen i do check..i forget to put on d oil cover....and lucky thing d cover was still on d air filter.....

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » April 9th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Xander_25 wrote:After years of owning a N16, wifey and I bought an Elantra this year. So I gone to drive the car for the first time, done read up on how to start the car, etc. and sit down, depress pedal, push button, no juice. Rinse repeat, no juice. I dey almost 5 mins mashing the pedal and pushing the button, start to cold sweat because I thinking I spoil sum. Then I look up and see the instructions flashing infront meh eyes... Press brake pedal and push button to start. Turns out I was mashing the X instead ah d Y... Felt like dunce in dat moment oui. :oops:

Lololol

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Re: YOUR AUTOMOTIVE

Postby ADONI » April 10th, 2015, 8:22 am

HSA wrote:Had a small oil leak so had to top up a quart...stop in the quick shop in medford..buy oil and throw it in...dipstick readin good level so i close d bonnet and started to drive...went la romain for bbq...a guy behind me say he see oil leakin wen i move to come home....i say no scene..is a small leak....

Comin up d highway i find d engine makin a different noise...tappets knockin louder.....i pull aside and pop d bonnet....as i raise it all i could see is oil everywhere...i say daiz it...engine mash up.....wen i do check..i forget to put on d oil cover....and lucky thing d cover was still on d air filter.....

A partner did this already. Top up the oil at home but, didn't cover it back. He smelt smoke from inside of the car coming down the highway.....
When he pop the bonnet there was a small flame on the manifold, he just blow and out it yes.
Dam lucky!!!

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » September 17th, 2015, 11:23 am

BUMP.......................

make meh care
Trinituner Peong

Postby make meh care » September 17th, 2015, 1:58 pm

Decided to change the oil in my sister since i used it alot. you yuh boy jack car and drop out the nut for the oil to drain and thing. Take out oil filter put it in like a boss .Full up the oil and i gone. Change up and ready to go and pick up the girlfriend and halfway down the road all ah hear a bodow and smoke says me. When yuh boy open the bonnet oil over the engine bay and thing. Next thing i forget to tighten the oil filter.Lucky the engine did not lockup. That day i went quiet and engine wash and shock oil the car. sis watch the car and say bess job and thing everything looking new ans shiny. That day meh gyul vex since i did not show up.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » September 17th, 2015, 2:00 pm

make meh care wrote:Decided to change the oil in my sister since i used it alot. you yuh boy jack car and drop out the nut for the oil to drain and thing. Take out oil filter put it in like a boss .Full up the oil and i gone. Change up and ready to go and pick up the girlfriend and halfway down the road all ah hear a bodow and smoke says me. When yuh boy open the bonnet oil over the engine bay and thing. Next thing i forget to tighten the oil filter.Lucky the engine did not lockup. That day i went quiet and engine wash and shock oil the car. sis watch the car and say bess job and thing everything looking new ans shiny. That day meh gyul vex since i did not show up.

Yuh dog you

Sent from my SM900 Note 3

make meh care
Trinituner Peong

Postby make meh care » September 17th, 2015, 2:02 pm

This was after i told her what happen and obviously laughed at me.

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » September 17th, 2015, 2:08 pm

My blondest moment ever: Driving from St. James and finding the car struggling to accelerate. Stop a little way before the avenue to check the smell, go to pull up handbrakes. Was driving with them up the whole time. Like a dumbazz i look around to see if anyone notice then drove off. :oops:

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » September 17th, 2015, 3:30 pm

Kronik wrote:
make meh care wrote:Decided to change the oil in my sister since i used it alot. you yuh boy jack car and drop out the nut for the oil to drain and thing. Take out oil filter put it in like a boss .Full up the oil and i gone. Change up and ready to go and pick up the girlfriend and halfway down the road all ah hear a bodow and smoke says me. When yuh boy open the bonnet oil over the engine bay and thing. Next thing i forget to tighten the oil filter.Lucky the engine did not lockup. That day i went quiet and engine wash and shock oil the car. sis watch the car and say bess job and thing everything looking new ans shiny. That day meh gyul vex since i did not show up.

Yuh dog you

Haaaaaaa :lol:

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » September 17th, 2015, 3:31 pm

Hook wrote:
Kronik wrote:

Yuh dog you

Haaaaaaa :lol:

Rofl he eh notice yet

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » September 17th, 2015, 3:32 pm

nah he eh ketch yet

daas
Shifting into 6th

Postby daas » September 17th, 2015, 3:35 pm

lolol

HondaB20B
punchin NOS

Postby HondaB20B » September 17th, 2015, 3:39 pm

I and a pardnah liming maracas one evening and he decide to sit in the trunk to put on his shoes. He end up leaving the keys in the trunk and close it. He start to panic now cause the keys lock in the trunk. My boy gone to the front, open the front door take out his phone, close back the door and call his wife and tell her the problem. He tells her now to leave south and bring up the spare key :shock: :shock: :shock:. When he hangs up now, i was like why you just dont pull the trunk lever and open the trunk????
HE WAS LIKE :fist: :fist: :fist:.........he calls his wife back and says dont bother..................LOL.

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » September 17th, 2015, 3:55 pm

I started the car once and dropped it in reverse while outside disengaged the handbrakes to. Jumped back in when it just clicked in my head WTF did I just do ? [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR] Luckily I did not knock down the front gate.

kripplerz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby kripplerz » September 20th, 2015, 11:42 am

First time polishing car, put on the music(single 12, 4ch amp. etc) a little while into polishing the music stopped. realized the protection light on the amp came on. Started to panic thinking something shorted. scrapped out everything amp,box,backseat,carpet,deck. After about 2 hrs of checking i found nothing and got fedup, decided to park the car in the garage since it was getting dark.
When i turned the key nothing, it was then i realized the battery had died and the protection light came on because of low voltage. i then looked at the mess i made and started to cuss.

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » September 20th, 2015, 12:52 pm

^^LoL that is pain!

Hook
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Hook » September 20th, 2015, 3:12 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » September 20th, 2015, 5:22 pm

HondaB20B wrote:I and a pardnah liming maracas one evening and he decide to sit in the trunk to put on his shoes. He end up leaving the keys in the trunk and close it. He start to panic now cause the keys lock in the trunk. My boy gone to the front, open the front door take out his phone, close back the door and call his wife and tell her the problem. He tells her now to leave south and bring up the spare key :shock: :shock: :shock:. When he hangs up now, i was like why you just dont pull the trunk lever and open the trunk????
HE WAS LIKE :fist: :fist: :fist:.........he calls his wife back and says dont bother..................LOL.

South ppl again....

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 20th, 2015, 5:25 pm

Xander_25 wrote:After years of owning a N16, wifey and I bought an Elantra this year. So I gone to drive the car for the first time, done read up on how to start the car, etc. and sit down, depress pedal, push button, no juice. Rinse repeat, no juice. I dey almost 5 mins mashing the pedal and pushing the button, start to cold sweat because I thinking I spoil sum. Then I look up and see the instructions flashing infront meh eyes... Press brake pedal and push button to start. Turns out I was mashing the X instead ah d Y... Felt like dunce in dat moment oui. :oops:

Similar thing happened to me. I went after a night shift to purchase a used pickup truck a few years aback. By the time I got it transferred and dropped the former owner home it was like 4 o'clock. So I drive down a hill, stop at a hump and not for fack de clutch pedal going in. Also it feeling hard all of a sudden :lol: Yep you guessed it I was mashing de damn brakes! :shock:

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 20th, 2015, 8:17 pm

kripplerz wrote:First time polishing car, put on the music(single 12, 4ch amp. etc) a little while into polishing the music stopped. realized the protection light on the amp came on. Started to panic thinking something shorted. scrapped out everything amp,box,backseat,carpet,deck. After about 2 hrs of checking i found nothing and got fedup, decided to park the car in the garage since it was getting dark.
When i turned the key nothing, it was then i realized the battery had died and the protection light came on because of low voltage. i then looked at the mess i made and started to cuss.

This is so me.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 20th, 2015, 8:51 pm

HondaB20B wrote:I and a pardnah liming maracas one evening and he decide to sit in the trunk to put on his shoes. He end up leaving the keys in the trunk and close it. He start to panic now cause the keys lock in the trunk. My boy gone to the front, open the front door take out his phone, close back the door and call his wife and tell her the problem. He tells her now to leave south and bring up the spare key :shock: :shock: :shock:. When he hangs up now, i was like why you just dont pull the trunk lever and open the trunk????

Used my keys to open my trunk a time and forgot it there. Spent about an hour looking for the keys after.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » September 21st, 2015, 3:58 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^^ better!!!

when i just started working I just got my first car, a PAU mazda 323

i was so accustomed not having a car back then that i went to work with the car, parked it in the office car park and after work I walked straight past the car and travelled home

when I reached home mom was like "WHERE THE CAR!!!!"

had to travel back to the office to get the car

:oops: :oops: :oops:

roofll

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”