Re: ***The Official: Rate/Recommend a Movie or Series Thread***

Postby goalpost » January 16th, 2021, 8:03 am

My ten favourite movies of 2020:

Screenshot_20210113-144731_Letterboxd.jpg

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 16th, 2021, 9:33 am

The plot to this felt like Terminator and Irobot mashed up into one. When I saw that it was from the same studio as Extraction and Old Guard I got excited but man was this movie formulaic.

Special effects and lead cast on point but not something I will sit down to rewatch.....ever
Monk BANzai wrote:Gave it a 7/10. Tried to get all "All AI's will see Humans as tewse and deserves to be killed " philosophy.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 16th, 2021, 11:23 am

goalpost wrote:My ten favourite movies of 2020:

havent seen a single 1 of those ...... :| :| :|

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » January 16th, 2021, 5:32 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:The plot to this felt like Terminator and Irobot mashed up into one. When I saw that it was from the same studio as Extraction and Old Guard I got excited but man was this movie formulaic.

Special effects and lead cast on point but not something I will sit down to rewatch.....ever
Monk BANzai wrote:Gave it a 7/10. Tried to get all "All AI's will see Humans as tewse and deserves to be killed " philosophy.

yup...buddy told me it reeks of "Training Day" on Steroids...lol...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 17th, 2021, 9:15 pm

X_Factor wrote:the queen's gambit is decent
never knew they would make chess look so good

7/10 nice show. prefer it to most cookie cutter marvel movies.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 17th, 2021, 9:56 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:The plot to this felt like Terminator and Irobot mashed up into one. When I saw that it was from the same studio as Extraction and Old Guard I got excited but man was this movie formulaic.

yup...buddy told me it reeks of "Training Day" on Steroids...lol...

so last night when i went online i saw this in d line up & i end up watching it cause i remember u guys talking about it

movie had some potential but i dunno seem kinda lackluster though d twist kinda made up some for it , action was ite.... 5/10 imo

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 17th, 2021, 10:13 pm

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 18th, 2021, 11:53 am

If you're looking for a decent new series, Lupin on netflix is vibes.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 19th, 2021, 11:19 am

sMASH wrote:

so i didnt know what to watch last night & i take in this - thumbs up recommendation smashboidanboidawgboi

d trailer gives alot of d story , not much characters but it was well written & executed by jake

i remember rene russo was a hottie back in she days of lethal weapon , woman get ole - face hard like TCL , she was around age 60 when this flim was made , i tort it wuda have a lil "action" with she & jake so dat was a lil disappointing :oops: :lol:

jakes character eh easy , d man totally driven to succeed , he eh bisnis with other ppl feelings

... 8/10

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 19th, 2021, 11:38 am

i was uncomfortable with this character. because of his portrayal here, jake g moved up to the top tier in my books. like a real good actor that didnt get the chances to show what they are capable of. but this was one where he got to stretch his legs.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 19th, 2021, 11:56 am

yea, he was creepy , intelligent & borderline psychotic but thats good for a actor to show he can act as different roles\characters & not be stereotyped as say a only action , comedian , dramatic , soap star etc ...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 19th, 2021, 2:19 pm

Rovin wrote:yea, he was creepy , intelligent & borderline psychotic but thats good for a actor to show he can act as different roles\characters & not be stereotyped as say a only action , comedian , dramatic , soap star etc ...

there is only one SRK

exits thread :mrgreen:

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » January 19th, 2021, 2:31 pm

Rovin wrote:so last night when i went online i saw this in d line up & i end up watching it cause i remember u guys talking about it

movie had some potential but i dunno seem kinda lackluster though d twist kinda made up some for it , action was ite.... 5/10 imo

Lack luster is right ... the story completely fell apart in the final act ... someone balls finally drop, pee pee start froth and smell himself after being frozen in the first action scene and not much more than useless in subsequent ... 5/10 of ten is about right only because the action was lill decent.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 19th, 2021, 6:27 pm

^wI start to watch that and get the pro American savior complex propaganda off the bat. Turn it off after a 20m.

It came off like the Christian movies that u know every ting is about pushing Christianity is the onkyt ting that matters and snytig else is nonsense... Just replace Christianity with USA and that ws how that movie was feeling to me.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 20th, 2021, 12:28 am

annihilation.

7/10. movie was like if a hippy woman made a scifi movie from their perspective. the movie had a lot of inconsistencies, a lot of illogical things... things that just wouldnt really occur. didnt really have the action or suspense as much as u would expect

as a movie is rubbish.

why i rate it that high is that just like michael bay, the set peices in the movie were interesting. some of the scenarios were interesting, the concept it explored was quite different and done well enough.

watch it when u have nothing else to do. but with good quality vid, the visuals is the main thing u watching this for.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » January 21st, 2021, 1:06 am

Tewse. Steenk brong runny Tewse after eating four doubles with roast the night before.

2/10

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » January 21st, 2021, 1:07 am

Rovin wrote:
sMASH wrote:

so i didnt know what to watch last night & i take in this - thumbs up recommendation smashboidanboidawgboi

d trailer gives alot of d story , not much characters but it was well written & executed by jake

i remember rene russo was a hottie back in she days of lethal weapon , woman get ole - face hard like TCL , she was around age 60 when this flim was made , i tort it wuda have a lil "action" with she & jake so dat was a lil disappointing :oops: :lol:

jakes character eh easy , d man totally driven to succeed , he eh bisnis with other ppl feelings

... 8/10

cosign.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 21st, 2021, 5:53 am

Them lil sneak peeks of mortal kombat looking pretty decentish. Awaits trailer to show a fatality

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 21st, 2021, 6:09 am

anime : Attack on Titan. 4th season going on now. 7/10
i dont like anime, but i kinda suffer through this one cause i find the story kinda interesting. i want to know why these things is the way it going on.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 21st, 2021, 8:27 am

Finished Vikings on the weekend. Those last ten episodes were good. Kinna like how they didn't overly glorify Ivar in the end. But definitely worth the watch.

Also for easy watching there is a 2 season British comedy called Sick Note with Rupert Grint (Ron from Harry Potter) and Nick Frost (the fat man from the Cornetto trilogy - Shaun of the Dead etc.). Was pretty funny and its 14 1/2 episodes in all for not too long to take in.

Started Lupin on Tuesday and one episode in I am intrigued.

On list to watch but haven't started yet are Last Kingdom and Kingdom (Kingdom been there for almost 1/2 year now). I also see Snow Piercer S2 is coming out next week. Not a long wait in between seasons at all.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 21st, 2021, 6:03 pm

it come out a while back but for me was 1st time watching this last night ... not gonna spoil it for others but good flim 7\10

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 25th, 2021, 6:53 pm

i watched this last night, damn good mystery flim .... 9\10

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 26th, 2021, 5:59 pm

i dont think i saw end of watch. will put it on the 'to do' list.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 27th, 2021, 12:36 am

goalpost wrote:My ten favourite movies of 2020:

Thanks for this. Haven't seen most of these.

On another note. Every time I watch "Tenet" again, I like it more and more. I now rate it more than "Inception."

Realize I'm a man on an island with that opinion but believe thaz one of those movies that will be appreciated more, as time goes on.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 27th, 2021, 12:46 am

what about it keeps getting better?

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 27th, 2021, 12:52 am

Thaz real typing you want me to do there boy sMASH.

What i'll do is ask what you didn't like about it, cause I'm guessing yuh didn't dig it at all? lol

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 27th, 2021, 6:36 am

shogun wrote:Thaz real typing you want me to do there boy sMASH.

What i'll do is ask what you didn't like about it, cause I'm guessing yuh didn't dig it at all? lol

as a person who is obsessed with science, gravity, time... and like good movies, i loved this movie...
interstellar reached the pinnacle of gravitational science that they are sure of, that the maths can be relied on... for the most part, outside of the black hole.
this movie was a delve into the possibilities of the pinnacle of quantum physics. as weird as it sounds, scientists have reasons to believe that some quantum particles are not just the opposite of normal particles, but the same particle, moving backwards in time, from our time frame of reference,,, and the backwardsness 'movement' is what makes it look opposite.
for example, but i may be wrong, so just think of it as a the electron and the positron. where normal matter has the electron, and the positron is not just the antiparticle matter version of the electron that has a positive charge, but an actual negative electron but moving backwards in time..
how he managed to get that into a story is mindblowing.... to me, lol.

the other thing is, how he backwards the action to get it to mix with the forward actions, so u have to end of the movie, meeting the beginning of the movie, zipping together/apart. but not just story wise, but actually movement wise.

i only saw it once, and admit, i could not follow the story. and i know i must rewatch this a few times to get more details to stick.
to me, he didnt bother to make the exposition in the beginning half of the movie easy to follow, cause it was so complex to explain. he put it, so u could say that every thign was there and is up to u to figure it out. and that is what makes the movie bad... as a movie that isnt a good thing to confuse ur audience. u can hide info to make a plot twist. but this premise is too complex to get people to understand, so he tried to get it wrapped up int he action and story and plot twist, that u can forgive the early confusion.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » January 27th, 2021, 7:03 am

netflix has a docuseries on the actual serial killer "night crawler".....exceptionally dark content...consider it a warning...

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » January 27th, 2021, 10:57 am

Season two has started...

As well as...

Columbine 2.0..... .slow burn. Was expecting more gore from the "bad guys"....6.5/10.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 27th, 2021, 10:58 am

Dunno why I avoided Money Heist on Netflix, but it's pretty good. Story might be on the weaker side, but entertaining as quark

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”