RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Any Tuners Suffering With Sinus

Postby RBphoto » April 29th, 2011, 12:36 pm

turbosingh wrote:
crossdrilled wrote:
tr1ad wrote:ah cud recommend ah good doctor in sando

^^^^Yes, he is the best.^^^^

Before you take the advice of anyone here, check this.

I was suffering with sinus problems since I was 5 years old, never knew what the problem was, until I was 20 and I could hardly breath through my nostrils. Tried all the drugs avalible over the next two years of torturous existance, recommended by a slew of GP's and even by E&T doctors, until said doctor took one look at my sinuses and decided to take an MRI of my sinus cavity. What cured me was the removal of a cystic polyp in my right sinus. When surjury was done, both of my sinuses were enlarged, so when my allergies came on, I did not get stuffy or have bad conjestion.

The down side to taking allergy medicine is that it affects your imune system and liver. You wil be prone to fungal infections and other skin disorders.

Identify what it is that is causing your allergies. Mines were narrowed down to cane pollen and acrillic fabric. I am also alergic to the chemical that makes lavender scents. From your washing detergent, bath soap/ shampoo to the under arm you use, anything can be your tormentor, even what you eat. Go "natural" for a while and see what products you interact well with (yes it is a long process, but woth it).

If you want real relief, try out the hypo allergenic rooms at the hyatt. They are specialy cleaned every day and specially furnished to keep dust levels down. Don't leave the room for two days. They also have nice eucaliptus soap and body wash. I found out about it a day the wife and I got a special rate for a night, and I was suffering with allergies. I upgraded to one of those rooms just to try it out for the night, and ended up extending my stay for two days because of the relief I got. Sometimes your body just needs time away from allergens to regularize.

Do not ever inhale menthol crystals to relieve conjestion. It actually makes your sinus inflamed and can cause bleeding.

In short, go check your doctor, use the medicine as prescribed, even after you start to feel well, and find out what you are actually allergic to.

Your sinus is triggerd easily just like mine just i cant be around animals,perfumes,bathing in the beach.My nose does actually drip blood an it is getting annoying.How much did this surgery cost an is it painful?

Mines started to drip blood also because of inflamation and dryness from not breathing through my nose and only through my mouth.

The surjury was done at SFGH, so cost nothing as I was in the ENT clinic since I was very young. I paid for investigations, the MRI, and medication. You only need it if your sinus is abnormally small or blocked from a growth as mine was. It does not help with the actual allergy, but relieves you from conjestion and lets it drain much better. I still have the same allergies, have to take medicine in cane season, and get the same reactions as before, but I know how to manage it better than most people.

The surjury is done under local anesthetic most times, but my case required general anesthetic because of the complexity of the growth. The surjury consists of cutting an inscision between your gum and your cheek to get at the sinus, so you won't have scars on your face. This takes some time to heal as it is in your mouth where I guess you want to eat and drink stuff. Recovery was slow, painful and infection prone, but my inscision was paricularly big. I hear other people recover much more quickly than I did.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » April 29th, 2011, 1:00 pm

Bizzare wrote:Yea me an my mother WAS......
Minor surgery on yuh nasal cavities. Permanent fix FTW!!
Or rollingStock cud fit somthin in yuh nostril and yuh good to go.

I have stopped these procedures, last vict..... ah mean patient suffered from permanent brain damage.
Sorry Bizzare, i did say it was experimental :roll:

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » April 29th, 2011, 1:04 pm

All dat crossdrilled??? O_O

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » April 29th, 2011, 1:21 pm

crazybalhead wrote:All dat crossdrilled??? O_O

Now yuh know why he named CROSSDRILLED :lol:

But that is some serious sheit yuh gettin meh scared lol

mindxlabz
Sweet on this forum

Postby mindxlabz » April 29th, 2011, 1:51 pm

sharkman121 wrote:poo-c juice works for everything

agreed :)

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » April 29th, 2011, 2:01 pm

crazybalhead wrote:All dat crossdrilled??? O_O

You don't remember when I dropped out of year 2 UWI because of this medical condition, but only had to repeat one semester?

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » April 29th, 2011, 2:35 pm

When i wuz writing CXC a good few years ago due to my sinus condition it really affected me an my grades due to my poor concentration due to continuous runny nose an sneezing.........

shady23
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby shady23 » April 29th, 2011, 3:38 pm

Wow some fellas have it bad in here. I suffer from allergies as well but not so bad.

Recently I started using Zyrtec, and it's the only thing that actually worked for me so far. Side effect is minor drowsiness, but for 24hr relief, it ain't bad.

bonzo.specb
punchin NOS

Postby bonzo.specb » April 29th, 2011, 3:53 pm

sharkman121 wrote:poo-c juice works for everything

This guy has to be a doctor.

ShIvAm
Riding on 16's

Postby ShIvAm » April 29th, 2011, 4:06 pm

I've heard that this works, never tried it tho ....

Nasal Irrigation

Last edited by ShIvAm on April 29th, 2011, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babygirlshereza
Sweet on this forum

Postby babygirlshereza » April 29th, 2011, 4:07 pm

try sorrel mix with level vodka!!!

it does work!

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » April 29th, 2011, 4:21 pm

claritin one a day..works gr8..
but expensive

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 29th, 2011, 4:37 pm

I suffer with this thing for many years.

Best medicine you can use on this planet is Aqua Rynase I eh think da is the correct spelling but just go in any pharmacy and get it. Just tell them that same name they will give you it.

Mid Town in Tunapuna is the cheapest pharmacy in Trinidad. Is around $80 for a small bottle few ml

CS3A_GLX
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby CS3A_GLX » April 29th, 2011, 6:12 pm

padna. i use to hav that often but now its like 1 in every half yr. (knock on wood). boil GOLDEN SEAL, let it sekkle overnight n jink it on mornings... works wunders for ya body!

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » April 29th, 2011, 8:07 pm

ShIvAm wrote:I've heard that this works, never tried it tho ....

Nasal Irrigation

It can help to a point. Use warm dilute saline solution, not pure water or else you will choke to death when you now start.... ordinary water burns the first time you try it. As you get accustomed, you can use normal water.

matthewmazda
Riding on 18's

Postby matthewmazda » April 29th, 2011, 11:32 pm

get some ganja root, boil it and drink you will feel better

partsman
Street 2NR

Postby partsman » April 29th, 2011, 11:36 pm

One more thing : if your sinus are stuffy , or you have a head cold , it tends to make you drowsy . I used to cover my head in the night with a ski cap ( to sleep) but i have learnt that it's not a healthy thing to do . A simple but effective remedy to retain heat that would otherwise be lost through the forehead is to use soft candle . It insulates the forehead , helps one breathe easier and better and alleviates the sleepy feeling one gets during the daytime ( esp. in aircondition). One should also be aware of the insidious role that yeast can play in causing sinusitis . check out this link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g1OV6SiNn4 . Good health is your real wealth . Protect it .

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » April 30th, 2011, 3:16 pm

partsman wrote:One more thing : if your sinus are stuffy , or you have a head cold , it tends to make you drowsy . I used to cover my head in the night with a ski cap ( to sleep) but i have learnt that it's not a healthy thing to do . A simple but effective remedy to retain heat that would otherwise be lost through the forehead is to use soft candle . It insulates the forehead , helps one breathe easier and better and alleviates the sleepy feeling one gets during the daytime ( esp. in aircondition). One should also be aware of the insidious role that yeast can play in causing sinusitis . check out this link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g1OV6SiNn4 . Good health is your real wealth . Protect it .

What you said makes alot of sense Thanks man.Well for now im using the Piriton an refraining from bathing with cold water as well as getting a good nite rest.I bot a bottle of medicine called Nasacort to squirt up my nose but it just making me more sick!!!

DFC
2NRholic

Postby DFC » April 30th, 2011, 4:45 pm

dude, there is a yogic practice called "jal neti" it cures your permanently of sinus and respiratory problems.

when i was a kid, i suffered with sinus, bronchitis, asthma,and allergies, and i met this yoga teacher who told me a 5 min exercise in the morning everyday will cure me.

so i tried it, and it worked, i have been asthma free, sinus free, allergy free for more than 15 years now. i'm healthy as a a horse and can hold my breath in excess of 4 mins.

Try "jal neti" and pranayam.

A33_BZ
Riding on 13's

Postby A33_BZ » May 1st, 2011, 2:36 am

Benadryl purple/white capsules work for me..superpharm has them

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » June 27th, 2012, 10:08 am

Decided to try a cheap tablet instead off those expensive capsules.I came across Allergy Relief ,it has 36 tablets for $17 an it working bess just it does get me drowsy!

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » June 27th, 2012, 10:14 am

genethics allergy syrup also does well

makes u sleepy btw

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » June 27th, 2012, 10:22 am

i live on this when its rainy out! works very well but pricey.

better than claritin

Patman
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Patman » June 27th, 2012, 11:12 am

Best ting i ever used......works fast (within seconds) and clears mucus blockage and helps with constriction ....MUST TRY!!

kual
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby kual » June 27th, 2012, 11:46 am

Benadryl allergy. In fifteen minutes it clears right up. Doc told me the sahara dust in the atmosphere and also the pollen dust would affect it. he told me until rainy season comes into full effect i have to suffer.

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » June 27th, 2012, 12:23 pm

turbosingh wrote:For quite some time now i have been suffering with my allergies but cant seem to feel better with the use of Panadol Sinus.Is their any other medicine you all use that works well or quickly.Any help would be appreciated.My next option would be to check a doctor or a Pharmacist but yuh know them does lead you in a next direction of medication an symptoms.

I've used Avamys nasal spray with great results. used as a course of action, two bottles, two sprays in each nostril every morning...sinuses hardly ever bother me again.

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » June 27th, 2012, 1:06 pm

If you looking for something natural I tried fenugreek tea aka maytee.Boiled a teaspoon of the stuff in cup of water every morning,strained out the fenugreek and drank it for a week or two and my sinus is now gone.My sinus problems were really bad and I've suffered with it as long as I can remember.You can also try turmeric tea interchangably,same process to make it.
I'll be the first to tell you that I don't believe in these bush cures but since I've been sinus free for months/year now I really can't argue with success.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » June 27th, 2012, 1:19 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Natrol-Immune-Boo ... ne+booster

been using that for the past mth, in addition to cetirizine
and i can surely say it works, situations that would normally cause the sinus to act up doesnt bother me ne more and i feel alot more healthier

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » June 27th, 2012, 1:28 pm

i have a shot of puncheon with lime, some black pepper and salt and then go sleep, i get up and ta-da!!! sinus is gone!!!

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » February 16th, 2019, 6:47 pm

I have nasal congestion but with no mucus. Under my neck muscles are tender and my upper jaw to the back where the wisdoms were...I feel a pressure. And now cold weather and ac affects my face like a sharp pain.Is it muscle constriction or a sinus?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”