Building a house in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby carluva » December 18th, 2021, 9:34 am

Good day folks.

Any recommendations for a good architect or designer for a new house?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 18th, 2021, 9:35 am

carluva wrote:Good day folks.

Any recommendations for a good architect or designer for a new house?
Wham to yuh ppl at cadco?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 18th, 2021, 9:49 am

Been calling and can't get through.

Exploring others as well for cost.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 18th, 2021, 9:52 am

carluva wrote:Been calling and can't get through.

Exploring others as well for cost.
Ohhh ok

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » December 20th, 2021, 11:15 am

if the neighbor is extending their house up to one foot away from your perimeter wall and your house 6 feet away form your own wall who can your contact to report this matter to have them stop and pull their extension 6 foot away from your wall ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 20th, 2021, 11:22 am

city corp

screwbash wrote:if the neighbor is extending their house up to one foot away from your perimeter wall and your house 6 feet away form your own wall who can your contact to report this matter to have them stop and pull their extension 6 foot away from your wall ?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 20th, 2021, 11:23 am

call town & country planning for dey tail ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 20th, 2021, 12:21 pm

they may not have the teeth though
they are more of umbrella authority

i know in pos it is the city corp who does the enforcing

Rovin wrote:call town & country planning for dey tail ...

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 20th, 2021, 1:04 pm

stop snitching
live good with the neighbour nah bai

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 20th, 2021, 1:12 pm

timelapse wrote:
SNIPER 3000 wrote:Anyone built their own bathroom enclosure? Where did you get the frames and acrylic or glass? Thanks.
Couva Glass or Central Glass.

Couva Glass did a partition for me last week. I think they're done for the year though, but call and see. Please go glass if you can afford it, as acrylic gets discoloured and is easier to break. I paid about $3600 for a single piece of tempered glass with framing and installation, as the bathroom wasn't meant to be totally enclosed.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » December 20th, 2021, 3:05 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:stop snitching
live good with the neighbour nah bai

Nothing to do with living good. It so close if one house catched fire both house will light up. TTEC wires running so close they would be able to open a window an connect their own current.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » December 20th, 2021, 7:14 pm

De Dragon wrote:
timelapse wrote:
SNIPER 3000 wrote:Anyone built their own bathroom enclosure? Where did you get the frames and acrylic or glass? Thanks.
Couva Glass or Central Glass.

Couva Glass did a partition for me last week. I think they're done for the year though, but call and see. Please go glass if you can afford it, as acrylic gets discoloured and is easier to break. I paid about $3600 for a single piece of tempered glass with framing and installation, as the bathroom wasn't meant to be totally enclosed.

Thanks for the reply. Will consider the glass.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 20th, 2021, 11:36 pm

Contact town and country planning Division.

Then contact the city/borough/regional corporation in which the house is being built.

You can also reach out to fire services as well as the neighbouring house is presenting a fire risk to yours due to the close proximity. Fire services may be able to offer advice and guidance.
screwbash wrote:if the neighbor is extending their house up to one foot away from your perimeter wall and your house 6 feet away form your own wall who can your contact to report this matter to have them stop and pull their extension 6 foot away from your wall ?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » December 21st, 2021, 8:17 am

Lol I think town and country supposed to write them a letter to demolish the structure . It’s unusual for anyone to actually comply though . People often build right up to the roadway all over Trinidad

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 21st, 2021, 8:56 am

if area is freehold land, it is hard for enforcement by either t&c or city corp

areas like woodbrook where land is leasehold the city corp is more active

I know of a few places that were stopped and had to readjust construction
I also know of a few which were stopped but magically able to continue construction.....go figure

however an issue like wall 1 foot away is too blatant.

Kenjo wrote:Lol I think town and country supposed to write them a letter to demolish the structure . It’s unusual for anyone to actually comply though . People often build right up to the roadway all over Trinidad

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » December 21st, 2021, 9:29 am

Don't confuse restrictive covenants with statutory restrictions. If it were simply down to freehold vs leasehold then the owner of the freehold reversion to the lease would have to get involved, which they dont.

While woodbrook land is owned and leased by POSCC, freehold land in the capital is easier to enforce upon because it is nearer to a T&C office than somewhere in the middle of a side street in Diego Martin.

The most important factor is really how close the office is to the land, nobody going that far out for a site visit to issue a stopwork notice.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » December 21st, 2021, 11:52 am

Go to DevelopTT and lodge a Complaint with town and country planning. also send letters to your corporation chairman, your councilor, CEO, building inspector and Engineering and Survey Officer. Just to be safe drop on hard copies as well as send an email of the letter to the chairman and CEO. Include pictures as well and make sure you have a survey of your property and can point out your boundary/pickets

Just know it could fall back on you as well if the investigating officer is being fair. Set back is generally 8 feet and not 6 as you want to request.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 21st, 2021, 12:10 pm

kerwinishere wrote:
Go to DevelopTT and lodge a Complaint with town and country planning. also send letters to your corporation chairman, your councilor, CEO, building inspector and Engineering and Survey Officer. Just to be safe drop on hard copies as well as send an email of the letter to the chairman and CEO. Include pictures as well and make sure you have a survey of your property and can point out your boundary/pickets

Just know it could fall back on you as well if the investigating officer is being fair. Set back is generally 8 feet and not 6 as you want to request.

imagine if the investigating officer is the other neighbour padna or the neighbour done have things lock if he risking building so close to the wall anyway

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 21st, 2021, 12:38 pm

that is usually the case
esp xmas time favors passing

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » December 21st, 2021, 1:02 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
kerwinishere wrote:

imagine if the investigating officer is the other neighbour padna or the neighbour done have things lock if he risking building so close to the wall anyway

Burn down the House before they finish.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » December 21st, 2021, 4:03 pm

Kaleidoscope Contractor Primer or Trinity?

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » December 21st, 2021, 8:32 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
kerwinishere wrote:

This is exactly the purpose of sending the letter to the chairman (both hard and soft copy). The matter goes before the council at a meeting (most like Building or Public Health Committee) where the investigating officer presents their findings and each council member has a copy of the correspondence (with pictures).

The corporation then sends a letter to the complainant with the council's decision on the matter. If the resulting action is clearly bs, you have the option to go to your attorney file a Freedom of Information Act request for all internal correspondence with regards to the matter.

The chance that it'll happen is miniscule but you're right lol. It's very possible that the only reason said neighbour being bold is because he's covered on all sides.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » December 22nd, 2021, 7:22 am

kerwinishere wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
kerwinishere wrote:

This is exactly the purpose of sending the letter to the chairman (both hard and soft copy). The matter goes before the council at a meeting (most like Building or Public Health Committee) where the investigating officer presents their findings and each council member has a copy of the correspondence (with pictures).

The corporation then sends a letter to the complainant with the council's decision on the matter. If the resulting action is clearly bs, you have the option to go to your attorney file a Freedom of Information Act request for all internal correspondence with regards to the matter.

The chance that it'll happen is miniscule but you're right lol. It's very possible that the only reason said neighbour being bold is because he's covered on all sides.

Did OP actually talk to the neighbour ? Most time people who building cash for some reason think building codes don’t apply to them . The actual construction person worse yet never mentions building codes

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 22nd, 2021, 8:08 am

All these building code people need to pass through central, especially with commercial properties.Built right up to the road,so that parking falls on the street.Dont even mention the crappy drainage pipes they put under their driveways inch and a half at best

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 22nd, 2021, 8:31 am

Never used Kaleidoscope.

Trinity is very good imo. Very thick, excellent coverage and penetration. Have used this many times and will recommend.

Have a lil less that half gallon. If you're in Central you're welcome to have it to demo. PM me if interested.

Musical Doc wrote:Kaleidoscope Contractor Primer or Trinity?

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » December 22nd, 2021, 2:56 pm

carluva wrote:Never used Kaleidoscope.

Trinity is very good imo. Very thick, excellent coverage and penetration. Have used this many times and will recommend.

Have a lil less that half gallon. If you're in Central you're welcome to have it to demo. PM me if interested.

Musical Doc wrote:Kaleidoscope Contractor Primer or Trinity?

Thanks for the offer! I'm from south tho. I used trinity for my house but I had some work on the garage done recently so I need for that. I saw the cost of trinity is double the price of kaleidoscope so I was wondering if if to use that or use trinity. My father in law has some kaleidoscope in a bucket and it very runny so I'm not sure if its bad or if that is just how it is. I think I'll go trinity to be safe

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 22nd, 2021, 3:02 pm

kaleidoscope have 2 grades
lower grade is half price and usually require double costs for same effect

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » December 22nd, 2021, 8:20 pm

What's the process of attaching decking pan to a steel structure? I honestly thought you just drop in the decking pan after the fabricating of the steel and assembly of the building.

But when I think about it, this doesn't sound logical so I want to know what are the options.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 22nd, 2021, 8:36 pm

yeah, the whole floor would just pop off if they did that.

I have seen them weld bolts to the decking pan above the beams and supposed to make sure the weld puddle penetrates the pan and into the beam, so the bolt acts to keep the concrete tied to the decking pan and the weld attached the pan to the beams

need a competent welder who knows what they doing as welding galvanized material is easy to mistake for a good weld

Jerry84 wrote:What's the process of attaching decking pan to a steel structure? I honestly thought you just drop in the decking pan after the fabricating of the steel and assembly of the building.

But when I think about it, this doesn't sound logical so I want to know what are the options.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 22nd, 2021, 9:07 pm

Jerry84 wrote:What's the process of attaching decking pan to a steel structure? I honestly thought you just drop in the decking pan after the fabricating of the steel and assembly of the building.

See sample detail.
Screenshot_20211222-210631_1.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”