Building a house in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby worksux101 » February 5th, 2022, 7:10 pm

pugboy wrote:the rubber one?

worksux101 wrote:Vulkem was used on my outdoor porch. Costs a mint but no issues yet.
yup. 5gal bucket

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 5th, 2022, 7:22 pm

great product but the bucket dries out after first use and a pain to use after
but sticks to anything

worksux101 wrote:
pugboy wrote:the rubber one?

worksux101 wrote:Vulkem was used on my outdoor porch. Costs a mint but no issues yet.
yup. 5gal bucket

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » February 5th, 2022, 7:51 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Scl also has chemicals that you can spray on or paint to seal the concrete after if need be.

I bought the other day when I find a new set of concrete was continuously dusting. Real cement dust.

Paid 490 I think for a 5 gallon bucket and used a agri sprayer to spray it on in 2 coats

Worked extremely well.
This is great. What kind of coverage you got with that five gallon bucket?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 5th, 2022, 7:57 pm

2 coats of approx 40 x 30 feet.

2 coats sprayed on full with a manual pump sprayer. Tmr ill post up the chemical. I had buy two buckets and use 1

Ramy
Riding on 13's

Postby Ramy » February 6th, 2022, 1:26 am

Steel Frame Roof- $60k approx
Foundation $20k approx
Kitchen $40k
Plumber $20k
Electrician $20
Tile man $10 per square foot Labour
And the list goes on.

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » February 6th, 2022, 7:39 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:2 coats of approx 40 x 30 feet.

2 coats sprayed on full with a manual pump sprayer. Tmr ill post up the chemical. I had buy two buckets and use 1
I would appreciate this info.

AbstractPoetic
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby AbstractPoetic » February 7th, 2022, 3:23 pm

What's the going rate for plastering a home per square foot nowadays?

Also, what's the starting price for security doors?

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » February 8th, 2022, 12:47 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:2 coats of approx 40 x 30 feet.

Interested in this too, what is the name?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 8th, 2022, 12:55 pm

If this is a SCL product, it could be Superseal B66.

BTW: you can use Poly-V as a sealer for dusting concrete. Dilute the Poly-V in water and scrub onto the floor.

Depending on size, traffic and condition of concrete, you can get about 24 months of protection from the Poly-V.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 8th, 2022, 1:40 pm

The superseal b66 is a much more expensive product more suited for commercial applications. Warehouse and mechanic garages etc.

20220208_133745.jpg

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 8th, 2022, 4:22 pm

Ah yes. I know of that one. That is best suited for concrete that is heavily dusting.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » February 11th, 2022, 9:21 pm

pugboy wrote:shower enclosure is one of them thing that they like to buss price for

IMG_0994.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG

Now did this Reno on this bathroom got the enclosure for $5300

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 11th, 2022, 9:32 pm

that’s a decent price
i know ppl pay 7-8k for similar
who did that job?

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » February 12th, 2022, 1:46 pm

Opinions needed guys. I have a downpipe from my guttering that's 3 inches. Recently did a shed /garage after and wanted to incorporate the new guttering into the old. Basically I want to send the roof water from the new garage into the existing 3inch downpipe.

The 3 inch pipe goes into a 4 inch pipe in the ground which runs out to the drain. I was told that the existing downpipe wouldn't be able to take the load of the wastewater. Does this make sence or my workmen want to make me spend unnecessary money?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 12th, 2022, 4:31 pm

due to the spiral toilet swirl effect a gutter down pipe actually only carries about 1/3 capacity.

reesal makes a fitting to go inside the top of the down pipe which breaks the spiral and allows full downward suction.

bildaboys construction on fb showed a video proving this, i didn’t believe it when i saw it and went and checked for myself.

he reduced the 3” to 3/4” pipe and and with the anti spiral fitting showed full pressure and suction out the 3/4”, a remarkable video.

Jerry84 wrote:Opinions needed guys. I have a downpipe from my guttering that's 3 inches. Recently did a shed /garage after and wanted to incorporate the new guttering into the old. Basically I want to send the roof water from the new garage into the existing 3inch downpipe.

The 3 inch pipe goes into a 4 inch pipe in the ground which runs out to the drain. I was told that the existing downpipe wouldn't be able to take the load of the wastewater. Does this make sence or my workmen want to make me spend unnecessary money?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 12th, 2022, 4:54 pm

At atmospheric pressure, a 3" PVC pipe can flow almost 150 gallons per minute. If you assume what pugboy said, you will get about 50 gallons per minute. That is still alot of water.

The spiral effect does create a back pressure which reduces the flow through the pipe at the entrance to the downpipe. Once you make the flow more laminar (i.e. reduce the turbulence of the spiral) you create a better flow through the pipe and are able to get up to the rated flow.

Long story short, you can dump the waster water into that pipe and even do as pugboy advised.

The workmen probably do not know and so are advising you based on their knowledge and experience, which is not wrong. They just need to be educated and then they'll be able to better serve other clients.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 12th, 2022, 4:57 pm

Btw Jerry... Care to share the outcome (if any) of the concrete for your decking?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 12th, 2022, 5:52 pm

the other day we had a clogged kitchen sewer drain gully, was the old time bakelite clay fittings
internally it had some kind of flange lip which caused real problems as the snake give real trouble to pass that

once they cleared the fat clog, it was unbelievable how fast it was draining, seems the flange lip stops the swirling
the plumber was dumping a full 5gal pail and it just drained straight down in a one

carluva wrote:At atmospheric pressure, a 3" PVC pipe can flow almost 150 gallons per minute. If you assume what pugboy said, you will get about 50 gallons per minute. That is still alot of water.

The spiral effect does create a back pressure which reduces the flow through the pipe at the entrance to the downpipe. Once you make the flow more laminar (i.e. reduce the turbulence of the spiral) you create a better flow through the pipe and are able to get up to the rated flow.

Long story short, you can dump the waster water into that pipe and even do as pugboy advised.

The workmen probably do not know and so are advising you based on their knowledge and experience, which is not wrong. They just need to be educated and then they'll be able to better serve other clients.

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » February 12th, 2022, 7:33 pm

carluva wrote:Btw Jerry... Care to share the outcome (if any) of the concrete for your decking?
Haven't done the decking as yet. I've already had the decking sheets installed, purchased the brc and 1/2" inch steel for the decking. Had to go back out to work so I'm kinda on a small pause. Will resume soon though and keep you all updated.

With respect to the variations in the amount of concrete needed I'll guess I'll address that soon. My approach is seeing that it's not going to take more than 10 meters of concrete, any representative coming by me with a higher amount will be chased out. Not tolerating any nonsense, worse again they trying to rob me.

Cheers

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 12th, 2022, 9:16 pm

Jerry84 wrote:Opinions needed guys. I have a downpipe from my guttering that's 3 inches. Recently did a shed /garage after and wanted to incorporate the new guttering into the old. Basically I want to send the roof water from the new garage into the existing 3inch downpipe.

The size of the downspout depends on how much roof area you are servicing. The gutters and downspouts are sized for maximum flow during the heaviest rainfall that you would likely encounter.

Required capacity = roof area × slope adjustment × expected maximum rainfall rate.

Most of the roofs that I've seen in Trinidad are not steep so the slope adjustment is 1 to 1.05.

Max rainfall rate in Trinidad is about 7.

A 3" round downspout has a capacity to clear 706 adjusted sq ft. A 4" is 1255 adjusted sq ft.

If you don't meet the recommended sizing, you will likely only risk heavy rains washing over the gutters.

Downspout sizing also takes into consideration bends from the fascia to the wall and back to horizontal. I would not add anything to reduce flow turbulence in a downpipe that may block leaf litter or require maintenance. In almost every case, adding an additional downspout is an excellent choice.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 14th, 2022, 11:53 am

Can someone explain what the Town and Country process looks like for a new building application? Like a rough workflow of activities?

I'm curious.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 14th, 2022, 5:40 pm

The application process flow is in this document.

https://tcpd.gov.tt/wp-content/uploads/ ... n-1988.pdf

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 14th, 2022, 10:03 pm

adnj wrote:The application process flow is in this document.

very helpful, this is good stuff!

I wonder if the workflows changed since the process moved online

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » February 18th, 2022, 3:34 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:
adnj wrote:The application process flow is in this document.

very helpful, this is good stuff!

I wonder if the workflows changed since the process moved online
Information regarding the process using the ACPS can be found here https://www.developtt.gov.tt/ttacps_appl/static/resources/documents/DEVELOPTT%20APPLICANT%20User%20Guide%20v1.3.pdf

The process remains relatively unchanged. The main difference is the onus is on the applicant to request a Building Permit (even if it's for a subdivision) in order for the application to be forwarded to the relevant Corporation. Wrt to a Building Plan, when you're applying to the building permit is where you'll fill out the equivalent of the Local Health Authority forms and upload structural drawings along with your septic arrangement drawing(s) and plumbing isometric.

Be sure that you select the correct location on the map for your application as they've added different layers (cadastral, tcpd planning regions, corporation boundaries) but have neglected to add a Satellite view option which in my experience causes it to be a HUGE pain in the ass.

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » February 21st, 2022, 5:54 pm

Good day,

So I'm preparing to cast my decking. My support beams are 8ft apart. Do I still need to prop this spacing when I'm doing the pour?
See picture for reference. Thanks
20220221_175321.jpg

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Postby bamfo_dennis » February 24th, 2022, 5:42 pm

gypsum board price

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » March 1st, 2022, 10:53 pm

pugboy wrote:that’s a decent price
i know ppl pay 7-8k for similar
who did that job?

Me ….proven building solutions is my company

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 21st, 2022, 8:48 pm

where does a "land search" to see who the owner, if money owing on it, is it safe to buy etc. looking to buy a piece cash an want to make sure everything legit.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 21st, 2022, 9:02 pm

hire a lawyer

starts at $1000

depends on how far the lawyer has to go back to find proper title

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 24th, 2022, 10:54 am

china under lock down so expect steel shortage and price to skyrocket.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”