Forums

Anybody into watches?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Anybody into watches?

Postby Val » January 27th, 2022, 1:09 pm

And another VFP custom project, turned out nicely, in fact it’s on the wrist now.

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » January 27th, 2022, 1:09 pm

Since it’s a car forum

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » January 27th, 2022, 1:12 pm

Quintuple S - Seiko SKX 779 in the Suzuki Swift Sport

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » January 27th, 2022, 1:13 pm

The old Kermit. I miss this one.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 27th, 2022, 1:24 pm

Val wrote:Image
Some of the other pickups last year. The SUN 019 didn’t make it all year though, just too big for me.

The TAG is nice!!

Honestly I havent worn any of my other watches since I got an Apple Watch in 2016.
I like how my analog watches look but I just got accustomed to the functionality of the Apple Watch.
Started with a stainless Series 0 which I still have and I'm daily driving an aluminum Series 6 now.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 27th, 2022, 1:45 pm

Val wrote:Image
I sold my Kermit last year and opted to keep the Hulk Steinhart. Punches above its price for sure.
Good Rolex alternative.
I got a pal that has the Rolex hulk, had an opportunity to buy it before he did but I let it pass.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » March 24th, 2022, 6:52 pm

Anyone know where I can send a Citizen Eco-Drive to change the solar battery and get a new crystal and crown? Need body buffed up as well. Want it looking mint.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 24th, 2022, 8:02 pm

Better he just buy the fake Rolex.

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » April 2nd, 2022, 5:46 pm

RBphoto wrote:Anyone know where I can send a Citizen Eco-Drive to change the solar battery and get a new crystal and crown? Need body buffed up as well. Want it looking mint.

Steve’s in curepe.

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » April 4th, 2022, 6:42 pm

Val wrote:
RBphoto wrote:Anyone know where I can send a Citizen Eco-Drive to change the solar battery and get a new crystal and crown? Need body buffed up as well. Want it looking mint.

Steve’s in curepe.

Thanks a million

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » April 22nd, 2022, 10:13 pm

Where can I send a clock to get the movement fixed?The time keeps slowing down after I sent it by Watch Center in Chaguanas.

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » April 26th, 2022, 1:57 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:Where can I send a clock to get the movement fixed?The time keeps slowing down after I sent it by Watch Center in Chaguanas.

Same place, Steve’s in curepe.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 26th, 2022, 6:49 pm

Kong's on Henry Street in POS

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Postby bamfo_dennis » April 26th, 2022, 7:17 pm

RBphoto wrote:
Val wrote:

Steve’s in curepe.

Thanks a million

i went by ah watchmaker in chaguanas behind the kfc near d market n he say dem battery doh need changing n ting dat ecodrive is relly ah capatictor n mite take 10 or 15 year 2 wear out if u charging properly it in d direct sunlight every month n ting.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 28th, 2022, 9:57 pm

Val wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:Where can I send a clock to get the movement fixed?The time keeps slowing down after I sent it by Watch Center in Chaguanas.

Same place, Steve’s in curepe.

Like Val is Steve's wife .

Correct about EcoDrive .

The watches are just marvelous :|

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 28th, 2022, 10:50 pm

bamfo_dennis wrote:i went by ah watchmaker in chaguanas behind the kfc near d market n he say dem battery doh need changing n ting dat ecodrive is relly ah capatictor n mite take 10 or 15 year 2 wear out if u charging properly it in d direct sunlight every month n ting.

Seiko originally used a capacitor in their Kinetic watches and then switched to a type of lithium cell (lithium-titanate). Citizen never used a capacitor.

The lithium-titanate cell lasts longer than the old capacitor did.

Both Citizen and Seiko now use lithium rechargeable cells.

[X]~Outlaw
Riding on 16's

Postby [X]~Outlaw » May 1st, 2022, 8:31 am

There are many misconceptions about Eco-Drive.

First of all they all contain a battery in the form of a rechargeable lithium cell, these are NOT capacitors. They all usually have to be changed out sooner than later. I have a decent number of Eco-Drives in my collection so this is from experience.

These cells usually give about 6 months power reserve with no exposure to light. Running them right down to empty will decease the life of the battery so its best to keep them charged up. A couple days every month near a window with direct sunlight is usually sufficient to keep them topped up.

Below are pictures of a couple batteries I recently changed out in my collection. The left is from a small ladies watch and the right is from a Night Hawk.

When looking for replacements it is important NOT to search for the Panasonic part number as they will NOT come with the locating tangs as shown in the bottom picture.

I usually buy my replacement batteries on Ebay from a reputable watch parts supplier. Any good watch parts supplier on Ebay will list the compatible Movements/Calibres for the particular battery.

Installation is fairly straight forward but some movements especially the radio controlled ones need to be reset. This reset procedure is usually outlined on the inside of the case back.

I work on my watches myself because I simply don't trust anyone locally :lol: Most places don't even have proper tools to open a case back without scratching it, lets not even start on them removing bracelet links :roll:

Hope this helps someone out.

Top.jpg

Bottom.jpg

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 6th, 2022, 2:26 pm

Who can give the value on these watches?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 6th, 2022, 3:17 pm

About $40k USD each maybe. He loves IWC. Nothing too flamboyant.
https://www.iwc.com/us/en/watch-collections/pilot-watches/iw503004-big-pilots-watch-perpetual-calendar-top-gun-edition-moj.html

Anyway the FIA has had this rule in place for a long time and it's not something they are just making up. So why the fuss now?
"The use of non-flameproof materials in contact with the driver’s skin, and in particular synthetic materials, can reduce heat transmission protection and thus increase the risk of burn injuries in the event of a fire.

"In the worst-case such materials may melt which can hinder treatment in the event of a burn injury."

With regard to the prohibition of body piercings or metal neck chains, drivers may be subjected to checks before the start of the event.

The FIA claim that "the wearing of jewellery underneath the required flameproof clothing can reduce the protection afforded by this equipment".
"Metallic objects, such as jewellery, in contact with the skin can reduce heat transmission protection and thus may increase the risk of burn injuries in the event of a fire.

"The wearing of jewellery during the competition can hinder both medical interventions as well as subsequent diagnosis and treatment should it be required following an accident.

"The presence of jewellery can slow, due to the risk of 'snagging', the emergency removal of driver safety equipment such as helmet, balaclava, and overalls.

"In the case that medical imaging is required to inform diagnosis following an accident the presence of jewellery on the body can cause significant complication and delay.

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » May 6th, 2022, 3:48 pm

maj. tom wrote:About $40k USD each maybe. He loves IWC. Nothing too flamboyant.
https://www.iwc.com/us/en/watch-collections/pilot-watches/iw503004-big-pilots-watch-perpetual-calendar-top-gun-edition-moj.html

Anyway the FIA has had this rule in place for a long time and it's not something they are just making up. So why the fuss now?
"The use of non-flameproof materials in contact with the driver’s skin, and in particular synthetic materials, can reduce heat transmission protection and thus increase the risk of burn injuries in the event of a fire.

"In the worst-case such materials may melt which can hinder treatment in the event of a burn injury."

With regard to the prohibition of body piercings or metal neck chains, drivers may be subjected to checks before the start of the event.

The FIA claim that "the wearing of jewellery underneath the required flameproof clothing can reduce the protection afforded by this equipment".
"Metallic objects, such as jewellery, in contact with the skin can reduce heat transmission protection and thus may increase the risk of burn injuries in the event of a fire.

"The wearing of jewellery during the competition can hinder both medical interventions as well as subsequent diagnosis and treatment should it be required following an accident.

"The presence of jewellery can slow, due to the risk of 'snagging', the emergency removal of driver safety equipment such as helmet, balaclava, and overalls.

"In the case that medical imaging is required to inform diagnosis following an accident the presence of jewellery on the body can cause significant complication and delay.

Yea it’s a bit silly. But he can just wear the watch outside of the suit if that’s a concern? Maybe wear an all plastic G shock or something. Normal for those folk who go offshore or into plants.

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » May 6th, 2022, 3:52 pm

Did a playful noir shot with the boys

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 6th, 2022, 9:03 pm

maj. tom wrote:About $40k USD each maybe. He loves IWC. Nothing too flamboyant.

Because you have a kant who feels he is above said rules.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » June 15th, 2022, 4:52 pm

Does anyone know of a place that can replace the battery and O-ring seal in a Casio G-Shock (GA-100)?

The electronics places that I have gone to are not guaranteeing the water resistance of the watch unless a new O-ring is installed with the battery.

Thanks.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 15th, 2022, 4:55 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:Does anyone know of a place that can replace the battery and O-ring seal in a Casio G-Shock (GA-100)?

The electronics places that I have gone to are not guaranteeing the water resistance of the watch unless a new O-ring is installed with the battery.

Thanks.
Possibly the watch guy in curepe on Sellier street

Mr. Go Slow
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr. Go Slow » July 1st, 2022, 10:48 pm

Attachments
Screenshot_20220701-224609_Edge.jpg
Screenshot_20220701-224601_Edge.jpg

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » July 12th, 2022, 10:37 am

timelapse wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:Does anyone know of a place that can replace the battery and O-ring seal in a Casio G-Shock (GA-100)?

Thanks.
Possibly the watch guy in curepe on Sellier street

I went there yesterday and got the battery and water seal gasket replaced. Total cost was $140, which I found was a bit expensive, but I like the watch. Next time I may just buy a new G-shock and done.

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » August 12th, 2022, 1:15 pm

Mr. Go Slow wrote:Seagull 1963 chronograph... Pics don't do it justice.

https://i.ibb.co/DDcFmbJ/20220630-131930.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/m9x3ZXk/20220630-134707.jpg

These are real nice

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » August 12th, 2022, 1:16 pm

Hamilton Khaki 38

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » August 12th, 2022, 1:17 pm