TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Deals Thread (Prime Day, Black Friday, Sales)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: The Deals Thread (Prime Day, Black Friday, Sales)

Postby elec2020 » June 25th, 2021, 11:39 am

^ especially if devices still tax free.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » June 25th, 2021, 3:49 pm

Was curious why a Samsung phone at that price. So it's a great deal to you. But why Samsung? Just curious. My company phones have always been Samsung and I am not fond of the interface, the customised menu and Bixby. I just remove the SIM card and use it on my dual SIM personal phone and leave the Samsung on a shelf.

I suppose it's what you choose to do with the phone. I can afford to buy a phone like that, but with others out there that have good specs at much cheaper prices, I cannot self justify that cost, let alone 800 like elec2020, especially for a Samsung which I am not fond of.

To each his own I guess.
dogg wrote:why not? $479 looked like a great deal to me.

carluva wrote:Any particular reason why you looking to get a Samsung, especially at that price?

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » June 25th, 2021, 5:07 pm

My wife has only had Samsung phones. I'm comfortable with the interface.

I'm curious to know what comparable phone you would have gotten for no more than $500.

carluva wrote:Was curious why a Samsung phone at that price. So it's a great deal to you. But why Samsung? Just curious. My company phones have always been Samsung and I am not fond of the interface, the customised menu and Bixby. I just remove the SIM card and use it on my dual SIM personal phone and leave the Samsung on a shelf.

I suppose it's what you choose to do with the phone. I can afford to buy a phone like that, but with others out there that have good specs at much cheaper prices, I cannot self justify that cost, let alone 800 like elec2020, especially for a Samsung which I am not fond of.

To each his own I guess.

carluva wrote:Any particular reason why you looking to get a Samsung, especially at that price?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 25th, 2021, 5:18 pm

Dogg...I use blackview

Drop proof
Waterproof

Pics/vids from in and under saltwater

Battery last 2 days+

Drop it in a drain....no worries.Rinse ,wipe off

Bought off of Amazon...

Sub 400.
No complaints

Did the iphone breaking bit months after purchase...
Broke the Samsung.
Figured I should look at something else.
Last edited by Redman on June 25th, 2021, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » June 25th, 2021, 5:22 pm

This is the first time in 4 years i am buying a new phone. I don't switch my phone every year. So when i do decide to upgrade i go for a top level to ensure it lasts me a long time. Cheaper phones are good but will they last you that long and still operate well? Its questionable. So i rather spend close to 5k on a good phone that lasts me 4 to 6 years than a cheaper phone I might have to replace twice or so (or even carry in to fix a few times) over that period.

Edited: Redman proved me wrong. I guess its up to you what you want to go for. Everyone has there own quirks/tastes

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » June 25th, 2021, 5:51 pm

Wow. I never even heard of that.
Edit: I know why now. The reviews are middling.
Battery has short lifespan. I wanted a phone to last me 5 years. I don't need the ruggedness, but that is pretty cool though. Yours has a thermal camera? post some pix if it does!

Redman wrote:Dogg...I use blackview

Drop proof
Waterproof

Battery last 2 days+

Bought off of Amazon...

Sub 400.
No complaints

Broke the Samsung.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 26th, 2021, 12:44 am

dogg wrote:My wife has only had Samsung phones. I'm comfortable with the interface.

I'm curious to know what comparable phone you would have gotten for no more than $500.

carluva wrote:Was curious why a Samsung phone at that price. So it's a great deal to you. But why Samsung? Just curious. My company phones have always been Samsung and I am not fond of the interface, the customised menu and Bixby. I just remove the SIM card and use it on my dual SIM personal phone and leave the Samsung on a shelf.

To each his own I guess.

For < $500
Realme X50 Pro
XIAOMI Poco F2 Pro
XIAOMI MI 10

Much better phones than Samsumg...

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » June 26th, 2021, 2:04 am

Realme gt

Love that yellow and black style

Or

Powerhouse
zte nubia red magic 6r

Got mom's the redme note 10 pro dam good phone for price

Atm in the market for a 1500ttd max phone for the gmoms but must be non lcd screen and ok storage 64gb...brand doesn't matter but hardware does to me mostly. Kinda hard phone to get within 1500ttd budget :/

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 26th, 2021, 7:52 am

Well 8 months in...no issues... battery life is still 2 days for me.
The drop proof is important to me... It falls every few weeks..a few catspraddles well and besides the scuffs on the frame no issues.
The dual sim capabilities also was a priority then.
I didn't get the Thermal since it wasn't something I needed....and it is still an experiment in terms of how long the phone will last and how it performed.
Factually it's the second I bought since the first one didn't work due to me ignoring this minor frequency detail....smh.

As Gladiator indicated there are few solid alternatives to the brand name devices that seem to be value for money ...I started looking at CAT and then noticed the Xaomi, BV, Ulephone options with decent reviews and testing.

Ive never had a phone last more than 2-3 years due to gravity.
So my cost benefit is different to many.
YMMV.

dogg wrote:Wow. I never even heard of that.
Edit: I know why now. The reviews are middling.
Battery has short lifespan. I wanted a phone to last me 5 years. I don't need the ruggedness, but that is pretty cool though. Yours has a thermal camera? post some pix if it does!

Redman wrote:Dogg...I use blackview

Drop proof
Waterproof

Battery last 2 days+

Bought off of Amazon...

Sub 400.
No complaints

Broke the Samsung.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » June 26th, 2021, 2:03 pm

I can safely say that I will never buy Realme phones.

My brother, who tries to save money any way he can bought two higher specs Realme branded phones for himself and his wife.

"I not buying no brand name crap. This Realme have everything and cheaper!!"

Six months later, both phones gone thru. He's now trying Xiomi phones because "This Xiomi have everythign and it cheaper than those brand name junk"

I'll report back in six months.

Gladiator wrote:
dogg wrote:My wife has only had Samsung phones. I'm comfortable with the interface.

To each his own I guess.

For < $500
Realme X50 Pro
XIAOMI Poco F2 Pro
XIAOMI MI 10

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 26th, 2021, 2:56 pm

dogg wrote:I can safely say that I will never buy Realme phones.

My brother, who tries to save money any way he can bought two higher specs Realme branded phones for himself and his wife.

"I not buying no brand name crap. This Realme have everything and cheaper!!"

Six months later, both phones gone thru. He's now trying Xiomi phones because "This Xiomi have everythign and it cheaper than those brand name junk"

I'll report back in six months.

Gladiator wrote:

To each his own I guess.

For < $500
Realme X50 Pro
XIAOMI Poco F2 Pro
XIAOMI MI 10

LOL... you need to expand your options and live a little. I have been using the Realme X50 Pro for the past 8 months and it is by far the best phone I have ever used and I have had them all. Don't knock it till you try it...

Tell your bro to stick to the flagship models.... they are the top end that all the R&D goes into.

I have also been using XIAOMI for the past 3-4 years and when compared to previous flagship Samsung phones i owned the XIAOMI is superior in every way.

So you need to be a little brave... the other day I was telling somebody that Trinis only know about Samsung and Apple. There are many other top class phones out there, you just have to take the leap!

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 26th, 2021, 3:27 pm

You only getting warranty for Apple and Samsung phones here more or less.
And readily available parts.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » June 26th, 2021, 4:55 pm

iphone 7 32gb user checking in, changing my battery for the first time since brand new, what else yall does use your phones for?

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » August 2nd, 2021, 10:33 am

After a few weeks of use. I'm very happy with my s20 FE.
Camera is great, fantastic display, decent features. I can see why it was named phone of the year by a few review sites. I plan to keep this phone for at least 4 years. And as it already has 5G, I'll probably keep it longer if it holds up.

Only issue was the bloatware I deleted a crapload of nuisance apps.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » November 10th, 2021, 7:04 am

Any update on black friday and cyber monday sales? Does it have online rather than going on the day irltself in tnt?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 10th, 2021, 7:07 am

aaron17 wrote:Any update on black friday and cyber monday sales? Does it have online rather than going on the day irltself in tnt?
Aaron,

Black Friday deals in Trinidad is not really a sale they just raise the price and then have a sale to reduce it to the original....check Amazon Walmart and ebay for value for money

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » November 10th, 2021, 7:15 am

oh ok coolz

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 10th, 2021, 8:07 pm

looking to do some shopping, my cart full all now, just waiting to see the deals and taking them one time.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 11th, 2021, 6:15 am

Seeing plenty phones on amazon being sold for almost the same price locally. Wondering if that making any sense.

Also what's the craze with this xaomi xpro thingy?? Im not a phone person so im asking

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 11th, 2021, 6:18 am

Poco x3 Pro $110usd aliexpress

Got 2 lol

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 11th, 2021, 6:24 am

gastly369 wrote:Poco x3 Pro $110usd aliexpress

Got 2 lol

Yuh holding out...lol...guess they're worth it

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 11th, 2021, 6:27 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
gastly369 wrote:Poco x3 Pro $110usd aliexpress

Got 2 lol

Yuh holding out...lol...guess they're worth it
They have their 11.11 sale today and also sale on it for 1hr..
Logged in in time lol

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 11th, 2021, 7:06 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Seeing plenty phones on amazon being sold for almost the same price locally. Wondering if that making any sense.

Also what's the craze with this xaomi xpro thingy?? Im not a phone person so im asking
Xiaomi phones have ridiculous amounts of good features for the price.Only downside is long term quality.I am currently using a Redmi note 8 for at least two years.Cheap phone, was $1500 at the time,but came with a 48M camera with 1080p video.I am not a phone person either, but it works for me.I imagine the Pro would be great

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 11th, 2021, 7:09 am

Seeing Amazon has some nice tvs on sale samsung QLED and LG nano cell 75 inch 1100..decent I must say..not sure if exclusive to prime members but they allow monthly payments with no interest and ship upon first payment.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 11th, 2021, 7:38 am

I'm using a Xiaomi Mi9 now which would make 2 years in a few weeks. All the flagship features at mid spec price. Has worked well and takes pretty good pics.

The only issue thus far is that fast charging stopped working last month and now it takes such a long time to charge. Actually charges faster on wireless than wired. I now have to walk around with a power bank but I also bought one same time as the phone and rarely used it since.

One thing I notice is that the variety of Xiaomi/Redmi devices on Amazon is less now than then.
timelapse wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Seeing plenty phones on amazon being sold for almost the same price locally. Wondering if that making any sense.

Xiaomi phones have ridiculous amounts of good features for the price.Only downside is long term quality.I am currently using a Redmi note 8 for at least two years.Cheap phone, was $1500 at the time,but came with a 48M camera with 1080p video.I am not a phone person either, but it works for me.I imagine the Pro would be great

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Postby bamfo_dennis » November 11th, 2021, 7:44 am

hmmm i going to buy a cheap Redmi phone by roc boyz and check it out for a year. The specs too good to be true for the price of about $1700. After about a year you does realize the value for money on good looking specs on paper phones but if in reality they can keep up with the play store and system updates.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 14th, 2021, 7:24 pm

i still on my iphone 7.. works great till this day, changed the battery recently and battery life is phenomenal . ill buy a older flagship when it fails.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » November 14th, 2021, 7:49 pm

Had some great deals on newegg today. Realllly reduced prices. Check them out!

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 15th, 2021, 11:57 am

missed that amazon 8" 32Gb Fire tablet for U$49.
Local resellers would have made a killing.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 15th, 2021, 1:28 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”