TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Deals Thread (Prime Day, Black Friday, Sales)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: The Deals Thread (Prime Day, Black Friday, Sales)

Postby sMASH » December 1st, 2019, 9:05 am

Wonder if the tvs from jd"s was lasting?

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » December 1st, 2019, 9:38 am

plenty people getting bad current and blaming it on the tv.

all of these new model tv need automatic voltage regulator (avr). without that you might as well throw away the tv now.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 1st, 2019, 11:03 am

^Not all eh. The cheaper TVs suffer the most because they scrimp on their power supplies (among other things) resulting in poor filtering and regulation.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 1st, 2019, 11:14 am

Just buy from courts and pay for the extra 3 year warranty. When it conks out, your warranty is on the amount of money you spent so you can just get a bigger tv a year after with the warranty.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 1st, 2019, 11:20 am

hydroep wrote:^Not all eh. The cheaper TVs suffer the most because they scrimp on their power supplies (among other things) resulting in poor filtering and regulation.
The problem is often traced back to lower quality electrolytic capacitors in the power supply circuit. The plastics in the capacitors age prematurely because of the high humidity and steady 85° temperatures.

There is a shop in Port of Spain where the owner picks up throw away TVs, swaps out the capacitors and sells a working television.

Capacitors cost less than TT$1 each.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 1st, 2019, 11:48 am

hydroep wrote:^Not all eh. The cheaper TVs suffer the most because they scrimp on their power supplies (among other things) resulting in poor filtering and regulation.
Had a vizio that the power supply board went twice. Befire it went the second time, bought another just like it fir spares, only to realize that power supply unit was the culprit as well.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 1st, 2019, 3:01 pm

mad wrote:Made a mistake with that JVC brand from pricemart. Not ever again.
Apparently is some knock off version from Panama. Has a motherboard problem and trust me there is no where you can get it online.

Rovin...homeboy here answered half of it

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 1st, 2019, 6:34 pm

i still watching my 10yr old sony 40" which still working good as when it was bought .... only when it dead then i will buy a new tv

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 1st, 2019, 7:13 pm

The 105f cost a little more

Apart from the power supplies
Many TVs get burnt leds which backlight
Tv has to be dismantled and the led replaced either the complete strip of individually

adnj wrote:
The problem is often traced back to lower quality electrolytic capacitors in the power supply circuit. The plastics in the capacitors age prematurely because of the high humidity and steady 85° temperatures.

There is a shop in Port of Spain where the owner picks up throw away TVs, swaps out the capacitors and sells a working television.

Capacitors cost less than TT$1 each.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 1st, 2019, 7:14 pm

Rovin wrote:i still watching my 10yr old sony 40" which still working good as when it was bought .... only when it dead then i will buy a new tv

My moms still holding on to them sharp crt....

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 1st, 2019, 7:30 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
Rovin wrote:i still watching my 10yr old sony 40" which still working good as when it was bought .... only when it dead then i will buy a new tv

:shock:

lol nah man u cuda buy d lady a decent tv , i know how old ppl does hold on to ting eh , all u hadda do is 1 day when she eh home u swap een d new tv & take away d old 1 .... :wink:

jes for d record is not no crt ting i have here eh :lol: , at d time it was a up to date lcd model , paid 10g for it back then , goes to show nowadays how dog cheap tv with more features is .....
Last edited by Rovin on December 1st, 2019, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Paleontologist
18 pounds of Boost

Postby The Paleontologist » December 1st, 2019, 7:46 pm

Have a panasonic big back tv in my room right now that refuse to conk out.....

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » December 1st, 2019, 9:08 pm

The 'cheap' models of any Tv brand usually has some kinda drawbacks. (with regards to false advertising)

I mean if you just going to watch your ZeeTV and BET you mightn notice, or wouldn't care.

If you using it for computer monitor/editing and gaming you should do a proper research beforehand.

Doh just watch the fancy label saying 4K and HDR and think 'Yeah man I reach' because some are technically not.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 2nd, 2019, 5:28 am

Rovin wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

:shock:

lol nah man u cuda buy d lady a decent tv , i know how old ppl does hold on to ting eh , all u hadda do is 1 day when she eh home u swap een d new tv & take away d old 1 .... :wink:

jes for d record is not no crt ting i have here eh :lol: , at d time it was a up to date lcd model , paid 10g for it back then , goes to show nowadays how dog cheap tv with more features is .....

She have that in her room and refuse to let go...my old man on the other hand ensures he has his 4k LG outside though...

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » December 2nd, 2019, 6:41 am

have a 42 LG prob years or so, bought in courts digital in gulf city. Never missed a beat.

Im disappointed in amazon sales, certain stuff like RGB ram is pretty cheap, Corsair selling their stuff cheaper.
alot of price drop on m.2 ssd ect,

i managed to grab a asipre 5 ACER for 249. Was previously for 349, still on sale for 309 tho.
rell bess unit.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Display-Gra ... merReviews

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » December 2nd, 2019, 10:26 am

had a chance to look at some demo units at courts and idk if the tv needed calibration but the JVC picture quality didn't impress me at all, colors looked kinda dull and the overall screen look washed out and this was a 4k tv, in comparison the TCL 1080p they had looked a LOT nicer

can definitely see why people go for them though, inch for inch the price really attractive, relative small money for a big ass tv and the sales rep said all sold out :shock:

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » December 2nd, 2019, 10:31 am

Cyber Monday salty thos year

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 2nd, 2019, 10:31 am

A couple of the JVCs showed up on Facebook this morning selling for $ 1000 more than the sale price. Gotta admire the Trini entrepreneurial spirit...:lol:

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » December 2nd, 2019, 10:34 am

hydroep wrote:A couple of the JVCs showed up on Facebook this morning selling for $ 1000 more than the sale price. Gotta admire the Trini entrepreneurial spirit...:lol:

was buy 2 get 1 free, morney affi make

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » December 2nd, 2019, 11:14 am

they offering warranty on that? Because if they're not that would be illegal.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 2nd, 2019, 11:57 am

Spitfir3 wrote:
hydroep wrote:A couple of the JVCs showed up on Facebook this morning selling for $ 1000 more than the sale price. Gotta admire the Trini entrepreneurial spirit...:lol:

was buy 2 get 1 free, morney affi make

who buying 3, except to resell again but selling it 3rd hand after 2 markups how much profit you expect to make tho
Last edited by redmanjp on December 2nd, 2019, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 2nd, 2019, 12:41 pm

That JVC Model have problems ..

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » December 2nd, 2019, 6:08 pm

Courts have the Google nest hub for $450 online atm.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 3rd, 2019, 7:24 am

One of those JVC models not even showing up online...so yuh know is some kinda bootleg thing from Panama....just like plenty of those pioneer decks that flooding the market these days

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 3rd, 2019, 11:17 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:One of those JVC models not even showing up online...so yuh know is some kinda bootleg thing from Panama....just like plenty of those pioneer decks that flooding the market these days

it have bootleg tvs ? , well dise news to me , i know of regional only models not bootleg

as for pio decks : i highly doubt is bootleg , they are regional models , they usually have a 50 in d latin america model no but they usually almost equivalent to d usa models ... google to double check

if u seeing some odd sounding pio models its because they sometime come from Australia & singapore regions , they usually have less features , some no cd , no BT or no remotes which is how d price is cheaper

make sure & google or watch youtube ... plenty ppl getting chain up or impulse buying , from ever since in my store for over d past 13yrs i only carry pio decks usa models 8-)

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 3rd, 2019, 1:02 pm

Rovin wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:One of those JVC models not even showing up online...so yuh know is some kinda bootleg thing from Panama....just like plenty of those pioneer decks that flooding the market these days

it have bootleg tvs ? , well dise news to me , i know of regional only models not bootleg

as for pio decks : i highly doubt is bootleg , they are regional models , they usually have a 50 in d latin america model no but they usually almost equivalent to d usa models ... google to double check

if u seeing some odd sounding pio models its because they sometime come from Australia & singapore regions , they usually have less features , some no cd , no BT or no remotes which is how d price is cheaper

make sure & google or watch youtube ... plenty ppl getting chain up or impulse buying , from ever since in my store for over d past 13yrs i only carry pio decks usa models 8-)

Yup I have seen the bootleg tvs...dude showed me the difference @ a best buy store...as for the pioneer decks I really hada come vybz yah 8-)

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 3rd, 2019, 1:12 pm

in trinidad pio decks is d most fightdown item in car audio , ppl doing underhand stuff & piping it with very minimal profit so i really dont stock much models of it because it not feasible putting out 1000 to make $50 profit ,,,,,, still feel free to pass een my store anytime ur in my area ... 8-)

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » December 5th, 2019, 5:09 am

Anyone ever shipped in engine oil via skybox?
Want to bring a case for my vehicle

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » December 5th, 2019, 5:35 am

gastly369 wrote:Anyone ever shipped in engine oil via skybox?
Want to bring a case for my vehicle

Call your skybox company first just in case but they all have a list of hazardous things that you can’t bring in

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » December 6th, 2019, 6:06 am

Buy and support local- NP !

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”