Postby pugboy » July 25th, 2022, 9:30 am

turkey is a common meat substitute for price
eg they use it instead of oxtail

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: What's on the menu this Sunday?

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 25th, 2022, 10:06 am

Not feeling for rice today.
Had some really dark yellow sweet potatoes, so I quartered them and roasting them off with some olive oil, balsamic, rosemary and lots of garlic. That's gonna work with the leftover beans and chicken.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 25th, 2022, 10:06 am

Turkey smells too fresh.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 25th, 2022, 10:21 am

Quite good actually. The slices come out good but beware of over cooking and drying it out.
nick639v2 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Scalloped potatoes, grilled turkey eg slices

How grill Turkey does go down boy? You treat it just like chicken??

I was thinking to grill or smoke some Turkey drums

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 25th, 2022, 10:34 am

Found turkey leg slices to be very fresh as well. Not sure why the breasts don't have the same issue.

Learned my lesson after the first time roasting with a light herb flex.

The next time I did it - I had to wash it a few times, heavy vinegar and lime, lots of nice fresh seasoning and garlic and buss a curry. This time no freshness, but that is the treatment for wild meat so it absolutely HAD to work :/

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 25th, 2022, 11:51 am

you picking up the writing style

VexXx Dogg wrote:Found turkey leg slices to be very fresh as well. Not sure why the breasts don't have the same issue.

The next time I did it - I had to wash it a few times, heavy vinegar and lime, lots of nice fresh seasoning and garlic and buss a curry. This time no freshness, but that is the treatment for wild meat so it absolutely HAD to work :/

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 25th, 2022, 3:51 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:Spit Roasted boneless leg of lamb with mint jelly - and cranberry . It taste better. with the Cran. Greek salad with black and green olives, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper cheese, baby carrots, celery etc. and lots expensive kale and the imported lettuce - as said before local ones have a bitter taste ! Salted sweet and sour bodi - fresh from farmer - fresh local mushrooms in a light and refreshing toss of fresh basil and grape seed oil - this is another original . Grilled vegetables - cheap eggplant - from a Farmer - pumpkin , carrots and sweet potatoes , boil corn on the cobs with English butter. The herb butter used last time has an artificial taste. Grilled large whole tomatoes and pepper cheese inserts. Lots Lots Watermelon slices @ 1.99 per lb from the same farmer, Massy passion fruit juice with lots lots ice, pineapple slices and massively cold Stag - Germans peeps came for our relax day ! Corona also for the youths ! Music by Paramore and Nacho- USB then Venezuelan Pineapple Upside Down Cake made by Tia Bee from Venezuela with Coconut ice cream served with lots lots fruit cocktail - along with hot steaming Cuban cafe con Leche. Good times still rollin with the family and a bootleg copy of Señor Wick on the 65" !

Where did you buy your kale? Hope it was from Massy!
Congrats.

Why congrats ? :D

Kale is kale. Yup Massy is where the Venezuelans shop .

A better choice is imported spinach or local Pak Choi .

Who wants only missionary every single bible Sunday ?

You need to diversify :wink:

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 25th, 2022, 4:10 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:Spit Roasted boneless leg of lamb with mint jelly - and cranberry . It taste better. with the Cran. Greek salad with black and green olives, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper cheese, baby carrots, celery etc. and lots expensive kale and the imported lettuce - as said before local ones have a bitter taste ! Salted sweet and sour bodi - fresh from farmer - fresh local mushrooms in a light and refreshing toss of fresh basil and grape seed oil - this is another original . Grilled vegetables - cheap eggplant - from a Farmer - pumpkin , carrots and sweet potatoes , boil corn on the cobs with English butter. The herb butter used last time has an artificial taste. Grilled large whole tomatoes and pepper cheese inserts. Lots Lots Watermelon slices @ 1.99 per lb from the same farmer, Massy passion fruit juice with lots lots ice, pineapple slices and massively cold Stag - Germans peeps came for our relax day ! Corona also for the youths ! Music by Paramore and Nacho- USB then Venezuelan Pineapple Upside Down Cake made by Tia Bee from Venezuela with Coconut ice cream served with lots lots fruit cocktail - along with hot steaming Cuban cafe con Leche. Good times still rollin with the family and a bootleg copy of Señor Wick on the 65" !

Congrats.

Spinach and kale stir fry with pak choi gorgonzola risotto.

Yummmmm.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 25th, 2022, 4:23 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Congrats.

Yummmmm.

Correct ! Add some Thai Spicy Sauce - You can get at Massy .

From today anybody touch you or give you fighting words on Tuner ..

You call on Max, Timex or MG .

Call me if anybody attempt to touch you :wink:

Clients await .

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 25th, 2022, 4:38 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Congrats.

Yummmmm.

Correct ! Add some Thai Spicy Sauce - You can get at Massy .

From today anybody touch you or give you fighting words on Tuner ..

You call on Max, Timex or MG .

Call me if anybody attempt to touch you :wink:

Clients await .

ok mi amigo :D

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 25th, 2022, 6:59 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Found turkey leg slices to be very fresh as well. Not sure why the breasts don't have the same issue.

No matter which piece I find turkey too fresh.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 25th, 2022, 7:38 pm

Soak the turkey legs for 15-30 mins in 1 cup white 5% vinegar and 1/2 cup white bleached flour and enough water to cover them.

For 3 turkey legs with bone (about 5 lbs) - Seasoning use a little rosemary and prepared yellow mustard paste 1 tablespoon. The mustard is what takes away the fresh gamey taste and there is not much of a hint of it in the final cooked dish. Add whatever else seasonings you want. Marinate overnight in fridge and bake in a dish covered with foil at 250°F for 4-5 hours and you can finish it in the broiler. Use a thermometer probe for the 165°F internal if you not sure. Slow cooker would be better control and should be very tender with 5 hours.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 25th, 2022, 10:23 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Turkey smells too fresh.

:? :?
What you washing it with?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 25th, 2022, 10:24 pm

Dave wrote:Quite good actually. The slices come out good but beware of over cooking and drying it out.
nick639v2 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Scalloped potatoes, grilled turkey eg slices

How grill Turkey does go down boy? You treat it just like chicken??

I was thinking to grill or smoke some Turkey drums

That's why I do slices. Whole leg and wings tend to dry out outside, but be raw inside.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 25th, 2022, 10:43 pm

maj. tom wrote:

Soak the turkey legs for 15-30 mins in 1 cup white 5% vinegar and 1/2 cup white bleached flour and enough water to cover them.

For 3 turkey legs with bone (about 5 lbs) - Seasoning use a little rosemary and prepared yellow mustard paste 1 tablespoon. The mustard is what takes away the fresh gamey taste and there is not much of a hint of it in the final cooked dish. Add whatever else seasonings you want. Marinate overnight in fridge and bake in a dish covered with foil at 250°F for 4-5 hours and you can finish it in the broiler. Use a thermometer probe for the 165°F internal if you not sure. Slow cooker would be better control and should be very tender with 5 hours.

sounds close to what I do with the breast. This was for the small butterball breast - I think 2-3 lb or so.

Las time I tried slathering it with 3:1 Hellmans Mayo to whole grain mustard and juice from half a rough skin lemon, dusted with a homemade seasoned panko (regular grocery panko, but I did my own dry rub blend) and put it on top some smashed garlic cloves and heavy fresh thyme.

Gave it a high initial blast at about 425F for 20 mins then dropped to 325 for another 15. Then let it rest outside the oven.

sheit was MOIST, flavourful with a crisp panko crust.

This is worth a redo soon yes.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 28th, 2022, 9:36 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
maj. tom wrote:

sounds close to what I do with the breast. This was for the small butterball breast - I think 2-3 lb or so.

Las time I tried slathering it with 3:1 Hellmans Mayo to whole grain mustard and juice from half a rough skin lemon, dusted with a homemade seasoned panko (regular grocery panko, but I did my own dry rub blend) and put it on top some smashed garlic cloves and heavy fresh thyme.

Gave it a high initial blast at about 425F for 20 mins then dropped to 325 for another 15. Then let it rest outside the oven.

sheit was MOIST, flavourful with a crisp panko crust.

This is worth a redo soon yes.

Thanksgiving coming up soon .

Try a whole roasted turkey with cranberry :D

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 28th, 2022, 10:03 am

Cook 1 and invite we nah

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 28th, 2022, 10:35 am

lots of cranberry and lots of pumpkin pie

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 28th, 2022, 10:57 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pugboy wrote:lots of cranberry and lots of pumpkin pie

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 28th, 2022, 11:21 am

will redvevo ever post a pic of these amazing lunches he has?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » July 28th, 2022, 11:55 am

She, it's she bro. Get vevo pronoun correct

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 28th, 2022, 1:10 pm

People eat Goose here? Pops has about 15 of them.Studying how to cook one.Anybody says curry getting ignored immediately.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 28th, 2022, 1:51 pm

Peking goose!!!!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 28th, 2022, 1:51 pm

timelapse wrote:People eat Goose here? Pops has about 15 of them.Studying how to cook one.Anybody says curry getting ignored immediately.

Sautee with a mix of Indian herbs and spices..............maybe some saffron as well!!

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 28th, 2022, 2:08 pm

timelapse wrote:People eat Goose here? Pops has about 15 of them.Studying how to cook one.Anybody says curry getting ignored immediately.
Let @pugboy teach you the ways

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 14th, 2022, 12:13 pm

Like nobody eats lunch on a Sunday anymore? :?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 14th, 2022, 12:17 pm

Now beat out a 6 Guinness with the boys.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 14th, 2022, 12:24 pm

I hear it having late evening pelau

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » August 14th, 2022, 12:28 pm

Some common fowl n clap roddi

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » August 14th, 2022, 1:09 pm

curry goat balls from masters and gpat belly with dhal rice and cucumber chow. drink ah puncheon with cokes and a dunhill double release after.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”