PC Tech/Gaming Info Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: PC Tech/Gaming Info Thread

Postby fred1266 » September 27th, 2022, 12:28 pm

kamakazi wrote:
fred1266 wrote:hi guys haven't done a build in quite a while but since i bout my ultra wide tv been having some issue so think it time for an upgrade

most think i would like to get a new board and cpu for now what would u all recommend preferable intel

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029 ... UTF8&psc=1

that my current power supply so with new board and cpu do u recomment i upgrade this also

finally i know cpu are released mostly every year has intel release there new batch already
Power supply would be decent for most components today. Intel might have launched their latest series (13th gen) but it hasn't made it to retail just yet; it is expected in October

You are most likely looking at a memory upgrade as well as if you are still using DDR3

yea still running DD3 havent done a build in so long didn't know DD5 was out

so should i wait to see what intel come with or just get the Ryzen

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » September 27th, 2022, 12:29 pm

st7 wrote:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ you can use this to help you out with compatibility, what PS you'll need etc

gracious

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 27th, 2022, 1:27 pm

fred1266 wrote:
kamakazi wrote:
fred1266 wrote:hi guys haven't done a build in quite a while but since i bout my ultra wide tv been having some issue so think it time for an upgrade

most think i would like to get a new board and cpu for now what would u all recommend preferable intel

that my current power supply so with new board and cpu do u recomment i upgrade this also

finally i know cpu are released mostly every year has intel release there new batch already
Power supply would be decent for most components today. Intel might have launched their latest series (13th gen) but it hasn't made it to retail just yet; it is expected in October

You are most likely looking at a memory upgrade as well as if you are still using DDR3

i've moved from intel to ryzen... bigger bang for the buck. what's ur budget too?

there's an amazon prime sale in a couple of weeks, other resellers may jump on the sale bandwagon again as they did in july so i'd suggest waiting till then.

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » September 27th, 2022, 1:43 pm

st7 wrote:
fred1266 wrote:
kamakazi wrote:

i've moved from intel to ryzen... bigger bang for the buck. what's ur budget too?

there's an amazon prime sale in a couple of weeks, other resellers may jump on the sale bandwagon again as they did in july so i'd suggest waiting till then.

Dont have a budget don't mind spending cause just to ensure i can play game properly

will look out for the sale thank

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » September 27th, 2022, 1:48 pm

upgrading my Cpu and board would it allow my widescreen move without sticking/crashing?

when i had my 1080p i could have my game playing in the background (mainly fifa) and do other task but unable to do this with wide screen hence i want upgrade i know i don't have the best video card but that the only item in my pc i can't really upgrade cause it has a lifetime warranty so when dey replace it dey dont give me the latest version (currently have GTX 960)

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 27th, 2022, 2:02 pm

fred1266 wrote:upgrading my Cpu and board would it allow my widescreen move without sticking/crashing?

when i had my 1080p i could have my game playing in the background (mainly fifa) and do other task but unable to do this with wide screen hence i want upgrade i know i don't have the best video card but that the only item in my pc i can't really upgrade cause it has a lifetime warranty so when dey replace it dey dont give me the latest version (currently have GTX 960)

Widescreen resolution is a GPU issue.

Look at the specs for your card and find out the frame rate for the resolution of the monitor that you want to use.

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » September 27th, 2022, 3:01 pm

adnj wrote:
fred1266 wrote:upgrading my Cpu and board would it allow my widescreen move without sticking/crashing?

Look at the specs for your card and find out the frame rate for the resolution of the monitor that you want to use.

https://www.evga.com/products/specs/gpu ... b6f360052b

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LC ... UTF8&psc=1

attached is video card and monitor

should be comparing the resolution of the video card ?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 28th, 2022, 10:11 am

fred1266 wrote:
adnj wrote:

https://www.evga.com/products/specs/gpu ... b6f360052b

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LC ... UTF8&psc=1

attached is video card and monitor

should be comparing the resolution of the video card ?
Are you asking the GPU to drive another monitor while you are playing games on the widescreen or something to that effect. I would say you are pushing the limits of the card.

If the lifetime warranty is with EVGA... Not sure how it will work seeing as the card is as old as it is and EVGA recently cut ties with Nvidia

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » September 28th, 2022, 1:49 pm

no GPU is connected to one monotor

didn't realize dey had cut ties with Nvidia, guess i would have to wait and see the outcome it time for me to do a RMA

yea i know the card isn't the best just trying to take advantage of lifetime warranty, so was hoping upgrading other parts such as board, cpu and ram with give me a beter experience am currenlty getting while gaming

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 28th, 2022, 2:13 pm

fred1266 wrote:no GPU is connected to one monotor

didn't realize dey had cut ties with Nvidia, guess i would have to wait and see the outcome it time for me to do a RMA

yea i know the card isn't the best just trying to take advantage of lifetime warranty, so was hoping upgrading other parts such as board, cpu and ram with give me a beter experience am currenlty getting while gaming
The spec on the card is greater than or equal to the resolution of the monitor so it will work.

ImageImage

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 28th, 2022, 3:10 pm

ive been running 3 of these on my office PC for the last 10 years apparently
one of them conk out the other day, 2 still going strong

asus.jpg

i order one of these to try it, should get it tomorrow

will probably use this and one of the asus moving forward

lg ultrawide.jpg

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » September 28th, 2022, 8:27 pm

adnj wrote:
fred1266 wrote:no GPU is connected to one monotor

The spec on the card is greater than or equal to the resolution of the monitor so it will work.

ImageImage

ok thanks mate

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 4th, 2022, 10:01 pm

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » October 24th, 2022, 9:57 am

What u all think about he new intel CPU

seeing only newegg have selling hopefuly amazon gets soon so i can get one

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » November 13th, 2022, 1:12 pm

hi guys quick question

getting the new intel cpu but should i get a standard cpu fan or a cpu cooler?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » November 13th, 2022, 4:29 pm

fred1266 wrote:hi guys quick question

Guess you’re asking for water vs air cooled? Newer Intel runs quite hot I would prefer water cooling on those

1800GSRLANCER
Sweet on this forum

Postby 1800GSRLANCER » November 13th, 2022, 7:50 pm

Gaming pc for sale, whatsapp or call because I does seldom be on 2nr. 334-7061.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 240088418/

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » November 13th, 2022, 8:52 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
fred1266 wrote:hi guys quick question

Guess you’re asking for water vs air cooled? Newer Intel runs quite hot I would prefer water cooling on those

ok thanks mate

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » November 19th, 2022, 10:41 am

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033 ... UTF8&psc=1

hi guys just confirm something that my current tower so from the spec it says i can take up to 140mm fan so that means if i go AIO cooling the the max size i should go would be 280mm, i know the question is obvious but only ever stalled air cooling so just try to make sure

thanks in advance

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » November 19th, 2022, 11:11 am

I would check the case manual as even though they say it can take a 140mm fan, it may not be able to handle the added space for the rad

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » November 19th, 2022, 11:19 am

ok thanks, currently don't have manual cause i bought a while any other way to know if the rad would fit?

NB just check specs on amazon and it said the following - Accommodates 120 x 240 mm radiator inside the top or bottom.

so guessing that the max side i should go right

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » November 19th, 2022, 1:23 pm

You can do an external rad, don't need internal one if your case isn't large enough.

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » November 19th, 2022, 2:02 pm

DMan7 wrote:You can do an external rad, don't need internal one if your case isn't large enough.

ok will look into that if required

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 23rd, 2022, 10:51 am

need some advice on repairing a 11 year old pc

yes some of the original parts are 11 years (like the board and processor)

but over the years ive done upgrades as need be

really trying to spend the bare minimum to get it working

if i post what the PC currently has in it, allyuh fellas could advise me on the best way forward?

a year ago i changed the 10 year old power supply with a supply from WIZZ, that lasted a year alone

a month ago i changed it again, now it seems the same issue, when i turn on the pc the fans are coming on and but not the keyboard/mouse or monitor etc

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 23rd, 2022, 2:05 pm

do you see any lights on on the motherboard? or is the cpu fan spinning?

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » November 23rd, 2022, 2:20 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:need some advice on repairing a 11 year old pc

if i post what the PC currently has in it, allyuh fellas could advise me on the best way forward?

a year ago i changed the 10 year old power supply with a supply from WIZZ, that lasted a year alone

a month ago i changed it again, now it seems the same issue, when i turn on the pc the fans are coming on and but not the keyboard/mouse or monitor etc

1. reseat ram

2.reseat gpu if it has one

3.bios reset

fred1266
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fred1266 » November 23rd, 2022, 7:45 pm

that sounding like a ram issue to me,

on your motherboard does it have a led with number usually this can tell u the exact issue

also an does in the system

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » November 23rd, 2022, 8:13 pm

first thing is to identify where it hangs.

normal boot process is:

(1) power button ->
(2) load the motherboard's Basic-Input-Output-System ("BIOS") or "UEFI" on modern hardware ->
(3) BIOS/UEFI checks for boot media in the order specified in its settings ->
(4) if boot media is found, load the operating system kernel (basic level functions) ->
(5) operating system kernel loads drivers and full desktop environment ("windows")

power botton:
power button seems to be working if you hear fans spinning. are the lights on the keyboard (capslock, numlock etc) lighting up if you press it? I've had a bad keyboard fail a boot sequence before (the BIOS refused to boot without a keyboard present for some dotish reason). the video cable is plugged into the correct video output and the monitor set to the correct input and the cable itself working, right

loading the bios:
you might have to press the special keystrokes 'in the dark' (before the monitor syncs) to see if you get the BIOS/UEFI settings to come up. The keystroke is in the motherboard manual somewhere. if you can successfully get into the BIOS/UEFI settings, that is a good thing. you can view the power supply voltages, detected hardware, etc. and maybe even change the boot order so you can trial boot to a flash drive or run memtest86 or whatever is the modern equivalent for testing ram.

if you can get into the BIOS and everything checks out with the hardware detection, might be an issue with the OS ("windows") install and you can try booting into "safe mode" or reinstalling the OS ("windows").

If can't even access the BIOS, then is time to start checking hardware things like above, reseating RAM, video card, power supply connections and voltages, etc. break out the motherboard manual and see if there is a beeping code or blinking-light code on the motherboard you can use for troubleshooting.

tldr rtfm idk

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 24th, 2022, 5:01 am

I though ram issues would have an audible beep beep error sound on startup?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 24th, 2022, 5:10 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:need some advice on repairing a 11 year old pc

using an old server, it did that a couple times, and took long each time. i powered off a few times as well cause i impatient. it worked, eventually. like it kept doing checks until it eventually decided to start.

other pcs.. same ting happened and never started.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”