Re: REMEMBER JULY 27th 1990.

Postby sMASH » July 27th, 2018, 6:40 am

The_Honourable wrote:TTT not coming back in time for July 27th :cry:

al lthe vhs still on the donna mercedes

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » July 27th, 2018, 3:03 pm

And them muslimeen still claiming to be victims.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 27th, 2018, 4:43 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2018/07/27/national-observance-for-july-27/
Clint Chan Tack
National observance for July 27

PRESIDENT Paula-Mae Weekes believes there should be a national observance to mark the July 27, 1990 attempted coup. The President expressed this view in a statement today, 28 years after the attempted coup took place.

She said such an observance would "mark the significance of one of the darkest days in our history." Weekes continued, "Such a commemoration would demonstrate an awareness and recognition of the ordeal of those who suffered and died; show our appreciation for the members of our armed forces who intervened and risked their lives to ensure that the insurrection did not spread further; and serve as an annual reminder to remain vigilant in preserving our hard-won democracy."

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 27th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Bakr day

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » July 27th, 2018, 7:48 pm

redmanjp wrote:https://newsday.co.tt/2018/07/27/national-observance-for-july-27/
Clint Chan Tack
National observance for July 27

PRESIDENT Paula-Mae Weekes believes there should be a national observance to mark the July 27, 1990 attempted coup. The President expressed this view in a statement today, 28 years after the attempted coup took place.

She said such an observance would "mark the significance of one of the darkest days in our history." Weekes continued, "Such a commemoration would demonstrate an awareness and recognition of the ordeal of those who suffered and died; show our appreciation for the members of our armed forces who intervened and risked their lives to ensure that the insurrection did not spread further; and serve as an annual reminder to remain vigilant in preserving our hard-won democracy."

I understand where she is coming but leave this for the archives, military museum etc...honour our heroes there.

Commemorating this event would just bring Abu Bakr and his sympathizers back into the spotlight...dais something the country could do without...:|

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » July 27th, 2018, 8:59 pm

1990 was an inside job

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » July 27th, 2018, 10:53 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:1990 was an inside job

True

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » July 28th, 2018, 2:11 am

Why are they still alive?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 28th, 2018, 2:46 am

You learn something new every anniversary...

Previously undisclosed information about the 1990 coup attempt were revealed on TV6 during a special panel discussion, 'Remembering 1990', aired on Friday night.

1. There were larger geopolitical concerns at play: A Libya connection; a fear of T&T becoming a staging point for an invasion of Venezuela, and a Venezuelan threat to take control of Trinidad if the coup was not put down.

According to Brinsley Samaroo, who was the agriculture minister in the NAR government, the American CIA came not just to help Trinidad solve a hostage crisis, but due to larger political concerns.

He said, "The Venezuelans were very concerned about what was happening in Trinidad. Venezuela saw the coup as an attempt by (Muammar) Gaddafi (Libyan leader) to take control of Trinidad through the Muslimeen and use it as a base for the invasion of Venezuela.

"That was the conclusion of Carlos Perez who was President of Venezuela (who was in touch with Trinidad).

"Mr. Carlos Andres Perez made it clear to us, "I have two warships just on the border line between Trinidad and Venezuela, just outside of the territorial waters. And the minute I find that you have lost control, I am coming to take over. Not to recolonize Trinidad or take over Trinidad, but to restore stability. And once that is done then you can run the government again."

"Our feeling was that he was really very fearful of the Libyan threat.

"He certainly wasn't asking for permission. He said this is my intention, and I'm monitoring the thing on an hourly basis, and the minute I find you guys can't handle it, I'm going to come."

"The US Ambassador (Charles Gargano) must have got that information...and, so, he was with us (government officials) at the Hilton almost on a 24-hour basis, advising us on what we should be doing.

"I got the impression that he was there to forestall the Venezuelan initiative that he might have heard about."

2. The Americans installed special monitoring equipment to see and hear what was happening in the Red House where parliamentarians were being held hostage.

According to Brinsley Samaroo, he believes the situation was saved by four CIA advisers who had long experience in dealing with hostage situations, and gave continuous advice on what to do.

He also said the US ambassador had arranged for a C130 transport plane to come from Puerto Rico with American soldiers "and a tremendous amount of technical equipment".

He said, "They put something (electronic equipment) up on the CLICO building and, I don't know how they got sound from the parliamentary chamber, so that we at the Hilton were getting both audio and video of what was happening, thanks to the Americans.

"This is how we were able to continuously monitor the negotiations and so on, and to hear people talking, and to hear a young (Muslimeen) boy say, 'I want my mammy. I feeling hungry. I can't stay here too long again.'

"So we were hearing,...and it was from the Hilton that communication was established with Bilal (Abdullah, the Jamat al Muslimeen's second-in-command). So we were also hearing the conversations that were taking place, what were the demands of the Muslimeen."

- Dominic Kalipersad - https://www.facebook.com/dominic.kalipe ... 740572425/

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 28th, 2018, 5:03 am

It always the same crap every year...

Remember and remain lenient with criminals..

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Aftermath of the 1990 coup

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » February 9th, 2019, 1:36 pm

So guys I have a lil research project to do and would like if you guys help me out if possible :D
Need just three accounts, do not need your personal information or anything.

1. Where were you on the day (July 27th, 1990) when the attempted coup took place?

2. At that time where were you working? (Just the general area is fine I don’t need the name of the company etc.).

3. What was your first plan of action to take on the first day on the attempted coup?

4. Can you tell me one of the most memorable events/ experience that took place during those 6 days that happened to you?

5. How did the 1990 attempted coup affect you?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Aftermath of the 1990 coup

Postby maj. tom » February 9th, 2019, 1:47 pm

There's a huge thread on this eh. Plenty personal narratives and experiences recorded there. Search for it and read through it first.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 9th, 2019, 2:00 pm

Check here. Ched 2 have the most info. Mods should merge the two links:

1. http://trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtop ... 4&t=324859

2. http://trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtop ... 4&t=386680

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 10th, 2019, 1:08 pm

maj. tom wrote:There's a huge thread on this eh. Plenty personal narratives and experiences recorded there. Search for it and read through it first.

shhhhhh

OP just trying to be relevant and get tunerfamous by being the creator of a thread with a lot of replies

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » February 11th, 2019, 12:01 am

Thanks honourable it was helpful and i am new to tuner ruffneck ease mehhh up nah oh gorrrrr

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » March 25th, 2019, 11:07 pm

Hey guys I have looked at the other threads but most was ole talk I need one more detailed story

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » March 25th, 2019, 11:43 pm

ScHoolboySoloQ wrote:So guys I have a lil research project to do and would like if you guys help me out if possible :D
Need just three accounts, do not need your personal information or anything.

1. Where were you on the day (July 27th, 1990) when the attempted coup took place?

Walking back from my aunt's. Time i reached home, Abu Bakr was on the TV

2. At that time where were you working? (Just the general area is fine I don’t need the name of the company etc.).

Nope. Was 9 at the time.

3. What was your first plan of action to take on the first day on the attempted coup?

Did not understand the severity of what was happening. But Arima was far from the action so it felt like any normal evening.

4. Can you tell me one of the most memorable events/ experience that took place during those 6 days that happened to you?

The curfew was on but we used to sneak through the bush to go to another aunt's house.
This one had a clear view of what i understand was another Arima police station that up to that time, i never saw active.
Like i said, we used to take a chance and visit my aunt and get stories of what was going on. We used to hear a lot of stories of how people caught breaking curfews got a good cutass amd arrest.
There was an ominous feeling seeing that police station so active.

5. How did the 1990 attempted coup affect you?

There were businesses in arima that were affected by looting and the like. One of them had something i wanted for my birthday. That store got lick up. I was too young to feel any serious effect.

Syberfraggle
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Syberfraggle » March 26th, 2019, 12:05 am

member that pic wit de man totin a fridge on he back....da was me...fridge still wukin

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 19th, 2019, 7:25 pm

Abu Bakr to release video for 1990 coup's 29th anniversary

Photo: Screenshot taken from an interview with 'Vice' in 2014.

Leader of the Western world's only Islamist coup, Imam Yasin Abu Bakr, will be releasing his own account of the fateful events of July 27, 1990.

Speaking to LoopTT, Bakr, who was spotted with son Fuad Abu Bakr and a videographer outside of TTT headquarters earlier this week, said that the video is being done for the younger generation who would have been too young to have witnessed these events.

"We need to do a preview for people as a reminder of what happened (in July 27, 1990) and the misunderstandings that went along with it. We're trying to explain to (young people) what happened, even my son (Fuad Abu Bakr) was just four years old when it happened," he said.

The Jamaat-al-Muslimeen leader also made mention of the case of Bernadette James, who allegedly saw NAR national security ministers Sel­wyn Richard­son and Her­bert Atwell in a room at Pi­ar­co Air­port with what appeared to be co­caine. The incident is said to have been one of the factors which led to the 1990 coup.

James was shot and killed during a training exercise in 1987 - her death was ruled as an accident.

"Things like that must not be allowed to happen again. This situation did balance the scale a bit and now politicians will be more careful...in following the rule of law," he said.

When asked what his thoughts were on the public's view of him, Bakr said the truth would be revealed.

"Do you think Jesus was a good man? And didn't they leave Barabbas (alive)? It depends on what they tell you. In the end, the truth will always come out."

Bakr was also recorded in a 2014 interview with Vice, saying that the gang violence which is taking place today is part of a 'holistic problem'.

"This place is going to explode...it's a tinder box," he said.

The video will be released on July 27, 2019.

Source: http://www.looptt.com/content/abu-bakr- ... nniversary

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 19th, 2019, 9:56 pm

Steups, media still giving that man time

Hope they interview judge clebert brooks who didn't have stones to put them away
And when privy council reversed that decisions they said it was too late.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 19th, 2019, 9:59 pm

This is how he remains relevant. Don't see why as he should just preach his version to those gullible enough to believe.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » July 20th, 2019, 11:43 am

I don't understand how a man who shot the Prime Minister, is still allowed to breathe.... Trinidad is not a real place!

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 20th, 2019, 11:54 am

ADONI wrote:I don't understand how a man who shot the Prime Minister, is still allowed to breathe.... Trinidad is not a real place!

Exactly smh.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 20th, 2019, 12:13 pm

because the then legal experts of the land drafted a fake amnesty which was supposed to not hold up in court
but justice clebert brooks turn around and say it was a good amnesty so abu and them get away scot free laughing

the privy council reversed the decision donkey years later but say too late to do anything so hymc
and by that time muslimeen were the premier gang in the country(and jail)

its a shame that little is ever said about this legal faux pas by the folks in the ivory tower that call themselves legal experts.

at the end of the day civilians trying to make decisions for a terrorist military scenario could never work out properly
next time shoot first and ask questions later

MaxPower wrote:
ADONI wrote:I don't understand how a man who shot the Prime Minister, is still allowed to breathe.... Trinidad is not a real place!

Exactly smh.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » July 20th, 2019, 12:37 pm

pugboy wrote:because the then legal experts of the land drafted a fake amnesty which was supposed to not hold up in court
but justice clebert brooks turn around and say it was a good amnesty so abu and them get away scot free laughing

the privy council reversed the decision donkey years later but say too late to do anything so hymc
and by that time muslimeen were the premier gang in the country(and jail)

its a shame that little is ever said about this legal faux pas by the folks in the ivory tower that call themselves legal experts.

at the end of the day civilians trying to make decisions for a terrorist military scenario could never work out properly
next time shoot first and ask questions later

MaxPower wrote:

Exactly smh.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 20th, 2019, 2:34 pm

He didn't shoot Robbie. He was in TTT. Robbie got shot in the Red House. BA.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 20th, 2019, 2:42 pm

Spann yuh neighbourhood hot these days boy

rspann wrote:

He didn't shoot Robbie. He was in TTT. Robbie got shot in the Red House. BA.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 20th, 2019, 2:47 pm

Nothing new. Everybody have gun these days. Here have more shootings than Laventille.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 27th, 2019, 12:39 pm

1990 coup clips from ITN London.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 27th, 2019, 1:28 pm

In another country YAB and his 114 would all be dead

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”