Which Credit Card Would give you best returns/points

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Re: Which Credit Card Would give you best returns/points

Postby Slartibartfast » August 17th, 2019, 7:50 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
snatman wrote:Pricesmart members could look at the RBL/pricesmart card - 4% cashback at pricesmart and 1% everywhere else. Seems like a good deal on the surface

Scotiabank MasterCard Gold gives 4% cash back at grocery stores & gas stations, 2% at pharmacies and 1% everywhere else.. You get the cash back in November of each year.
https://tt.scotiabank.com/personal/cred ... rcard.html

Does this include pricemart as a grocery store?

Rockram
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rockram » August 17th, 2019, 8:47 am

I can confirm it does clasify Pricesmart as grocery, so you do benifit from 4% cashback. Its the reason i have the Gold Card instead of the Aero, i prefer the cashback.

Slartibartfast wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
snatman wrote:Pricesmart members could look at the RBL/pricesmart card - 4% cashback at pricesmart and 1% everywhere else. Seems like a good deal on the surface

Scotiabank MasterCard Gold gives 4% cash back at grocery stores & gas stations, 2% at pharmacies and 1% everywhere else.. You get the cash back in November of each year.

pj15
3NE 2NR for life

Postby pj15 » August 17th, 2019, 10:05 am

A172 wrote:
NR8 wrote:Guys, how long does it usually take for transactions on your Aero Platinum card to show up on Scotia online banking? Recently signed up and it's sometimes 3-5 days for local transactions to show up for me. That normal?
yh that normal

have 2 aero cards from scotia and racked up 200k points over the last year & a half and started using them last month

only 20k pts round trip to the US & 70k to Europe

don't know of anything else that could compete with that

200k points in a year and a half!? That's amazing man! Considering each point is 1 Usd spent, that's well over 1.2 million ttd spent in that period ! Do you use the cards for business expenses mostly? The most points I managed to accumulate was 50k over a 3 year period....personal expenses only.....got me a couple round trip tickets and travel credits...

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » August 17th, 2019, 11:01 am

A172 wrote:
NR8 wrote:Guys, how long does it usually take for transactions on your Aero Platinum card to show up on Scotia online banking? Recently signed up and it's sometimes 3-5 days for local transactions to show up for me. That normal?
yh that normal

have 2 aero cards from scotia and racked up 200k points over the last year & a half and started using them last month

Do the travel points apply to the card holder only or can you use it for family members as well?

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » August 17th, 2019, 6:36 pm

pj15 wrote:
A172 wrote:
yh that normal

200k points in a year and a half!? That's amazing man! Considering each point is 1 Usd spent, that's well over 1.2 million ttd spent in that period ! Do you use the cards for business expenses mostly? The most points I managed to accumulate was 50k over a 3 year period....personal expenses only.....got me a couple round trip tickets and travel credits...
yh business
10k usd per card every 30 days so more cards you have the better obv

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » August 17th, 2019, 6:39 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:
A172 wrote:
yh that normal

Do the travel points apply to the card holder only or can you use it for family members as well?
anyone i would assume

now that my son is walking & has his US visa i finally started using the points, booked a bunch of trips for all of us

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 17th, 2019, 7:00 pm

Yes you can. I used my points to buy tickets for other people a few times.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 17th, 2019, 9:34 pm

Rockram wrote:I can confirm it does clasify Pricesmart as grocery, so you do benifit from 4% cashback. Its the reason i have the Gold Card instead of the Aero, i prefer the cashback.

Slartibartfast wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Thanks for the info!

nismodriver
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby nismodriver » August 18th, 2019, 11:40 pm

~Vēġó~ wrote:Scotia Aero Platinum ftw....each us$ spent = 1 aero point

Platinum and Black :)
And you can use points for cash back when travelling as well....
There are tons of other features for traveling on it as well.

snatman
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snatman » August 19th, 2019, 2:32 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Sounds good except for the once a year cash-back. That's a long wait man

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 19th, 2019, 5:04 pm

nismodriver wrote:

DId they update the features on the black?
Didn't really see the point in paying extra fees for a parking space in the bank. Online banking ftw.

QM
Street 2NR

Postby QM » August 19th, 2019, 10:29 pm

The new republic Pricesmart card is nice.

Rockram
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rockram » August 20th, 2019, 8:13 am

nismodriver wrote:

Whats the annual fee for the Aerocard? could not find it on scotiabank's website.

pj15
3NE 2NR for life

Postby pj15 » August 20th, 2019, 8:24 am

Rockram wrote:
nismodriver wrote:

Whats the annual fee for the Aerocard? could not find it on scotiabank's website.

600TTD

Rockram
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rockram » August 20th, 2019, 8:40 am

pj15 wrote:
Rockram wrote:
nismodriver wrote:

600TTD

Thanks Much

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » August 21st, 2019, 3:26 pm

So....with all this talk of miles, i remembered that my work credit card is that republic miles thing, but i never used it. So i called the number on statement and was able to access the account for the first time. i have about 300,000 miles. damn im mind blown this was just here sitting.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 21st, 2019, 3:35 pm

Not bad!
Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 3.34.57 PM.jpg

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » August 21st, 2019, 4:03 pm

Is it 4% after you pass the specific amount or 4% on the specific amount and anything extra

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 21st, 2019, 5:55 pm

Kenjo wrote:Is it 4% after you pass the specific amount or 4% on the specific amount and anything extra

I think it's 4% on everything past a certain amount, but you get your miles on everything as usual

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » August 22nd, 2019, 7:37 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Kenjo wrote:Is it 4% after you pass the specific amount or 4% on the specific amount and anything extra

I think it's 4% on everything past a certain amount, but you get your miles on everything as usual

Since allyuh talking about Scotia Aero cards I have a side question. I have to go collect my first issue card from Scotia and I'm seeing on their online banking only a TTD value being displayed.

I'm coming from Republic cards for the last many years and they have TTD and USD displayed separately.

Is this the norm for Scotia or did I somehow get a TTD only card? I still have to go in to collect so I will ask them there but since is the same card being discussed if I could avoid looking like a noob in person, it'll be great.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » August 22nd, 2019, 8:32 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Since allyuh talking about Scotia Aero cards I have a side question. I have to go collect my first issue card from Scotia and I'm seeing on their online banking only a TTD value being displayed.

I'm coming from Republic cards for the last many years and they have TTD and USD displayed separately.

Is this the norm for Scotia or did I somehow get a TTD only card? I still have to go in to collect so I will ask them there but since is the same card being discussed if I could avoid looking like a noob in person, it'll be great.

It shows TT but it’s just the converted US amount , I believe there is a US restriction amount over 60 days but I can’t remember the exact amount

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » August 22nd, 2019, 9:01 pm

Yea they have daily and weekly caps for US at scotia
The card is a TTD card
US purchases are converted at the banks daily rate when charged
Kenjo wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

It shows TT but it’s just the converted US amount , I believe there is a US restriction amount over 60 days but I can’t remember the exact amount

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » August 22nd, 2019, 9:12 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:Yea they have daily and weekly caps for US at scotia
The card is a TTD card
Kenjo wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Great, thanks. Will ask about the limits. Republic is up to your card limit in USD within a 30 day period.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 22nd, 2019, 9:35 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:
The card is a TTD card
Kenjo wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Great, thanks. Will ask about the limits. Republic is up to your card limit in USD within a 30 day period.

Scotia limit is US$10,000 over a 2 month period (60 days) per customer (not per card).
https://www.scotiabank.com/tt/en/0,,417,0.html

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » August 23rd, 2019, 12:29 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

You will enjoy not being charged double fees for 2 currencies on one card.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » August 23rd, 2019, 6:25 am

can you get a credit card from a bank an you dont have an account there?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 23rd, 2019, 6:53 am

Yes you can

I did it recently with my Aero but the day I was making the application decided to open an account anyway.

pj15
3NE 2NR for life

Postby pj15 » August 23rd, 2019, 7:00 am

daring dragoon wrote:can you get a credit card from a bank an you dont have an account there?

You can as long as your credit score/ history is satisfactory.. But I know of at least one local bank which requires you to open a deposit account with them so they can automatically deduct the monthly minimum payment if your CC caries a balance. Having a deposit account at the same bank will make things easier for you though when it comes to online funds transfers and CC payments....

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 23rd, 2019, 7:09 am

This chead is for dummies .

The best credit card with points, is having none.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 23rd, 2019, 7:11 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:
The card is a TTD card
Kenjo wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Scotia limit is US$10,000 over a 2 month period (60 days) per customer (not per card).
https://www.scotiabank.com/tt/en/0,,417,0.html
I have a FCB regular Visa card and the US limit is US$20k per cycle but you can only spend the US equivalent of your TT limit at any one time then top back up and go again till you reach the 20k limit. Very generous for a non premium card.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”