Forums

:: The official TOOLS thread ::

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: :: The official TOOLS thread ::

Postby maj. tom » January 16th, 2023, 8:24 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Home expo gives 1 month warranty on the same item that tool king gives 3 months on

The Total and Ingco brand used to have 1 year warranty. Then they take it down to 6 months. Now 3 and 1 month? Sounds like a grand failure rate that cannot be backed by the dealer or manufacturer. Shows something about them eh? R's Power Tools in Chase Village is one of the service centers for them. But if you visit the shop you will still understand how bad these tools are regarding repair. The place is littered with returns and unfixed, from pressure washers to generators.

I wonder if there are any legal rules regarding on how much warranty a seller can offer for an item of certain value, if Consumer Affairs have any cases or comments on that?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 16th, 2023, 8:47 am

hmmm
them tools flooded the market about 2 years now

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 16th, 2023, 9:12 am

pugboy wrote:which is the one inside the big compound next to highway?

Turbo Turtle wrote:Same sentiments I have with the branding, look for home expo on fb, they deal with total, think they supposed to have a branch close d triangle.
Tool King.

That's the biggest supplier in central.

I think alis hardware in marabella is the main importer

I went to check out a chainsaw the other day.....the sales rep show me that the "only" issue is that the on and off button wrong side. On is off and off is on. Imagine something simple like that they eh even taking the time to build properly

And 1 month warranty

U not getting parts for any of those items as well

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 16th, 2023, 9:24 am

there is a big total dealer in barrackpore also
same stretch with mathai

inshan pushing his brand also
what warranty he giving

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 16th, 2023, 9:32 am

Inshan insisting his brand in German
Think it's 6 months or 1 year warranty

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 16th, 2023, 11:23 am

Well this is a very interesting use of a pressure washer. Need a sludge vacuuming machine too.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 16th, 2023, 11:29 am

courts does have tools - what brand\s ? , must be yrssss i gone in a courts store

since bhagwansings supposedly is d biggest hardware in trinidad - what warranty they does give on tools ?

from ads on fb d big total dealers does fight up with 1 another & each claim to bring in their own tools

we all know how ppl is with warranty - abuse, misuse, mashup something & then want it replaced with a brand new item, they eh want it repaired or want back $ like they in d usa ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 16th, 2023, 11:41 am

so d chinese tools ads flooding ur fb feed, some rotary hammer drills rated 1050watts & 1500watts but when u read it d watts is really d input power but ppl might feel its how much power d tool has aka how powerful it is ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 16th, 2023, 11:45 am

heard a lot of them coming out of panama where the chinese are big in the freezone there

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 16th, 2023, 6:45 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Home expo gives 1 month warranty on the same item that tool king gives 3 months on

so i went by both today , warranty on power tools : tool king said 2mths & home expo said 3mths

home expo tools is TOTAL brand only, none of d other chinese names

TK 90% total with d rest being emtop & a handful of dewalt , makita, ingco .... i overheard 2-3 times a TK worker telling customers all 3 brands are d same & made by d same company :?

prices seem close like maybe 5-10% with either store on some items ...... :|

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 16th, 2023, 6:55 pm

it's the same factory in China and even the same molds.

edit: Some Google powers later:
Ingco brand is trademarked by
SUZHOU DAKE MACHINERY CO., LTD.
Jiangsu, China

Here are other trademarks by the company:
https://uspto.report/company/Suzhou-Dake-Machinery-Co-L-T-D

This evidence settles the question regarding both brands.

EMTOP: https://uspto.report/company/Honor-Machinery-Co-Pte-L-T-D
RONIX: https://uspto.report/company/Ronix-Zhangjiagang-Bonder-Area-Co-L-T-D
TRUPER (good brand from Mexico): https://uspto.report/company/Truper-S-A-De-C-V
WORX: (also good stuff from China): https://uspto.report/company/Positec-Group-L-T-D/page/1
Last edited by maj. tom on January 16th, 2023, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 16th, 2023, 7:48 pm

Ok, Jiangsu
I thought they were from factories in Shenzhen, guess only the real high tech stuff out of there

If switches failing that is certainly a part they cant skimp on since on modern drills with variable speed,
the full current passes through the switch which has the varisistor in it.

It is also quite possible that the workmen using these tools are seriously abusing them since they cheap.
I heard a guy say he factors the cost of the combihammer into the job price.

To be fair these power tools do seem to work better than the tools that were being sold for decades in harbor freight stores
although I understand HF has upgraded a lot of their power tools. in the past the recommendation is not to buy anything with a motor in HF.

What about the cordless tools ? How is their battery longevity ?
I see Inshan say Ronix batteries using samsung cells in the packs.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 16th, 2023, 7:54 pm

I think the manufacturing tech has reached the stage where you can get alright quality for cheap price. Compared to a few years ago when you know only good power tools were the big brands while the rest was really bad stuff. The tools are not bad. But they can't take the pushing for professional heavy duty use. Good for average home use.

Regarding the batteries, well it's only a few companies in the world make Li-ion cells and brands are just outsourced from them. Can't confirm if it's really Samsung as in his claims.

I have no problem buying some of these brands depending on what I know I'm going to use it for. Can't push them and expect to be like big brands. I have experience with the Ingco pump vs Pentax. I wasn't even angry because I damn well knew that couldn't push a gas pressure washer, plus I got the Ingco pump replaced for free on warranty.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 16th, 2023, 7:57 pm

agreed, any sensible tool owner should know if a tool is being pushed too hard or running hot
but the reality is many workers dont care because its not theirs and they didnt have to pay for it.

I have an old school hilti combihammer drill, that thing is a monster, takes a real licking

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 16th, 2023, 10:47 pm

I use to be a black and decker person long time....then switch to dewalt....now I only buy milwaukee.

Sometimes I forget them tools like drills/hackzall in the sun and rain for 3 or 4 days and I just hit them some heavy contact cleaner and yuh does see the corrosion/ rust dripping/running out and yuh good to go again.

I bought a used hilti angle grinder for 700 from them fellas who use to sell tools by caroni....that does work like a beast...only hilti item I have

Right now I looking for some brushes from my 15 year old Dewalt chopsaw

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 17th, 2023, 5:11 am

i have a boatload of dewalt tools from tablesaw and planer to cordless
batteries have lasted very long

I have been to certain big home depot stores in the past which had tool rental section,
they only rented hilti stuff, which says a lot since they dont sell hilti lol

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 17th, 2023, 5:17 am

Allyuh know anyone who services or repairs milwaukee batteries locally? I have 2 that only flashing when I put them to charge and not charging

Galvatron
Sweet on this forum

Postby Galvatron » January 17th, 2023, 6:49 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Allyuh know anyone who services or repairs milwaukee batteries locally? I have 2 that only flashing when I put them to charge and not charging

Try giving them a jumpstart. Had success doing this.

https://youtu.be/aQ3b6pxFKCE

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 17th, 2023, 7:28 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Allyuh know anyone who services or repairs milwaukee batteries locally? I have 2 that only flashing when I put them to charge and not charging
Battery Depot serviced battery packs in the past.

Battery Depot (Trinidad) Ltd
(868) 622-2288

https://g.co/kgs/JPCgrT

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 17th, 2023, 7:33 am

the only thing that really goes wrong with battery packs are weak/dead cells
if you lucky it may be one bad cell that you can try replacing, if not many cells may be weak and need a new pack

open the pack and test voltage of each cell to look for the bad cell, you may have to disconnect cells to get a proper individual reading since they may be in parallel

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 17th, 2023, 11:05 am

well from what i see tom posted d tool king employee was right then, good to see ppl who actually know what they talking about or wasnt just a sales pitch

china has d world by its nuts cause it mass producing all kinds of stuff & companies just re-badging & fighting up "oh we own better"

d chinese tools jes like other cheap known brand names have their place, for light to medium duty, give ur workmen it if it mashup or stolen u wont feel it as much as d known names that cost 5 times as much

yesterday by took king i bought some flaps discs for $15 which is a good deal since these are nearly half d brand name price, got a 4" wire brush cup for $55 & a 10 pack of 4.5" cutting discs for $45 which is also decent since cheapest i seen these go for is $7-8 ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 17th, 2023, 11:09 am

the cheap thin cutting discs are good
thinner cuts faster

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 17th, 2023, 11:29 am

if batts blinking & causing d charger to also blink & d jumpstart trick doesnt work then it means that batt has died

i have a milwaukee gen m12 1 drill & impact, bought it iirc 4yrs ago, 1 of them d batts died about a yr ago - possible i to blame for running d tool during a job not noticing d batt went low, both of them sometimes d led remains on when it feel to & may shut off after a while, recently chuck of d drill has locked up - i spray some crc to soak d gears to see in a few days when i have time if it will loosen ... i suspect as both are gen1 they have have their faults

recently ordered 2 new genuine m12 mil 3ah batt for it, read more bad than good reviews of chinese brands batts going bad after a few mths or even some DOA .... i rather spend my $ on genuine batts

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » January 17th, 2023, 4:59 pm

Wire Nuts.jpg

Looking for weather wire nuts for electrical connection, similar to the ones pictured.

It has grease inside to prevent moister ingress and reduce/eliminate corrosion.

If I can get it down hear rather than bring it in.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » January 17th, 2023, 5:10 pm

jackal wrote:
Wire Nuts.jpg

Looking for weather wire nuts for electrical connection, similar to the ones pictured.

Quantity?

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » January 17th, 2023, 5:15 pm

about 2doz small ones, for joining 2 pieces 1.5 single/single.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 17th, 2023, 6:30 pm

See if you find a tube of dielectric grease locally in car places. Or maybe a marine place. You may get Permatex brand. Just put a drop inside the twist connector and tape it after screwing in the wires.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 17th, 2023, 6:52 pm

jackal wrote:
Wire Nuts.jpg

Weatherproof wire nuts are required for wet locations and are filled with silicone sealant.

They're used in underground raceways, so you may be able to find them at Anand, Modern, etc., electrical suppliers. They are also commonly used on in-ground sprinklers and pools.

I've seen the diy version - it's not pretty. Unless the spot is hard to get to, the preferred method is a butt splice covered with dual-wall heat shrink - but that also requires a soldering iron and a heat gun.

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » January 17th, 2023, 7:41 pm

[/quote]

Weatherproof wire nuts are required for wet locations and are filled with silicone sealant.

They're used in underground raceways, so you may be able to find them at Anand, Modern, etc., electrical suppliers. They are also commonly used on in-ground sprinklers and pools.

I've seen the diy version - it's not pretty. Unless the spot is hard to get to, the preferred method is a butt splice covered with dual-wall heat shrink - but that also requires a soldering iron and a heat gun.[/quote]

I need it for a hydroponic system running on a rainbird controller to control valves and pumps..

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 17th, 2023, 8:01 pm

how much those rainbird valves costing?

i just setup a regular timer and using it to power a normally closed solenoid valve to water my tomatoes
they are fed with another timer running a leo pump of nutrients tank

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”