Forums

:: The official TOOLS thread ::

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: :: The official TOOLS thread ::

Postby maj. tom » August 6th, 2022, 1:28 pm

computercentral wrote:The batch numbers that came to Trinidad safe no recall here

lol i can't tell if you're being serious, or if that's just the Trini way of business regarding manufacturer warranties and recalls. But it's coded with models and manufacturing date, so be aware especially those who bought in USA through a skybox:

DeWALT has received 571 reports of the rear safety guard assembly or components breaking or detaching, including nine reports of laceration injuries.

This recall involves DeWALT Models DWS779, DWS780 and DHS790 Miter Saws. The saws have a yellow body with black accents and the DeWALT logo. The model number is printed on the saw’s nameplate. Only saws with date codes 2019 04 through 2022 04 are affected. For the DWS779 and DWS780 models the date codes are marked on the black plastic motor end cap adjacent to the name plate. For the DHS790 model, the date code is marked on the outside of the plastic yellow housing adjacent to the batteries. Only saws without a green dot on the name plate or a black dot on the arm of the saw are included in this recall.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 6th, 2022, 2:17 pm

dise bad news for d diehard yellow crew

long time about half my tools were yellow & they still working though i have tools in porter cable & makita too , all still good

i havent had cause to buy any tools in a few yrs , i had switch to red last 2 i bought & i plan on sticking with red to also stay on 1 batt platform ... i guess i red n ready :oops: :lol:

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » August 6th, 2022, 4:34 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:Streetwise auto center or Rustic Autocolor
Ay thanks a lot dude. Streetwise sort me out. They even had the adapter to convert from 5/8-11 to M14.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 15th, 2022, 9:54 am

where might have a switch/trigger for a milwaukee chop saw? preferably in south.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 15th, 2022, 10:02 am

sMASH wrote:where might have a switch/trigger for a milwaukee chop saw? preferably in south.

Go to allied, the repair center inside. Talk to the repair person, he may be able to assist.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 15th, 2022, 10:17 am

matix wrote:
sMASH wrote:where might have a switch/trigger for a milwaukee chop saw? preferably in south.

Go to allied, the repair center inside. Talk to the repair person, he may be able to assist.

*needs a like button*
:)

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 15th, 2022, 11:05 am

Laughlin and De Gannes is the Milwaukee agent I believe. They do repairs.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 15th, 2022, 3:07 pm

NR8 wrote:
Laughlin and De Gannes is the Milwaukee agent I believe. They do repairs.

update: got it in ssl
went allied after, didnt know they do repairs as well...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 28th, 2022, 8:36 am

Morning fellas, any reviews on the INGCO brand? Looking to get one of those rechargeable blowers

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » August 30th, 2022, 3:20 am

where sell makita replacement batteries for cordless drill in TT?

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 30th, 2022, 5:36 am

daring dragoon wrote:where sell makita replacement batteries for cordless drill in TT?

SSL

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 30th, 2022, 7:53 am

try to buy from a place where the batteries havent been sitting for a long time and self discharged to zero
lithium batteries are damaged when run very low

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » September 1st, 2022, 10:37 am

Anywhere sells a decent tool for rounded out nuts? Tried lo-tec but no luck.

P.s Not all Stanley tools are the same!!

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » September 14th, 2022, 9:45 am

IMG_0946.JPG

Fellas where I getting this locally? I only getting the ones for the drill. Thanks

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 14th, 2022, 10:00 am

hindian wrote:
IMG_0946.JPG

Fellas where I getting this locally? I only getting the ones for the drill. Thanks
I bought a 3pk on amazon, 3 different grits
But i aint get to test it yet, rain been falling every sunday for the last month

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 14th, 2022, 10:00 am

hindian wrote:
IMG_0946.JPG

I saw it at bhagwansinghs, but they didnt have when i went to buy it.
Hence i bought it online

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » September 14th, 2022, 10:14 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
hindian wrote:
IMG_0946.JPG

I saw it at bhagwansinghs, but they didnt have when i went to buy it.
Hence i bought it online

Ok I guess Amazon then. Want to use it to clean some extremely tarnished brass with the green oxidation on it. I have a lot to clean so the sandpaper eh cutting it

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 14th, 2022, 11:16 am

lemme guess : diwali coming up & like u have some murties & indian brass wares to clean ? ...

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 14th, 2022, 11:42 am

Use a chemical displacement reaction to clean copper patina (green oxide layer), rather than physically trying to scrape it off with a wire brush. All that does is open a fresh layer of copper to react in a short time with oxygen and more patina will form. Think about those green church roofs that you see, or the Statue of Liberty. Copper patina is welcomed there.

Baking soda, boiling hot water, place the item on a piece of of aluminium foil (all in a plastic bucket or something) and pour the boiling water and add the baking soda and stir to dissolve. After about 5 minutes the brass should be de-oxidized. You want as much surface area available with the aluminium, so don't crumple the foil.

You can also use an acid like white vinegar with very fine grain table salt to soak the brass pieces in for about 20 mins and then rub hard with a cloth. The fine salt is to act as an abrasive, not for the reaction.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » September 16th, 2022, 10:19 am

carluva wrote:Seen. Not surprising. I found that their customer service is poor... I am still waiting on feedback from since September last year on whether they got the Ego mowers. And that is just one example.

Got a gas mower tho, so no need for the Ego anymore.

I hear you on supporting local, but with fecal customer service I just don't bother. But that's for a different thread...

Hey, which mower did you end up getting and at what cost? Currently in the market for one and trying to decide whether gas or electric. I already have a Greenworks 40V suite of tools but the gas models generally seem more powerful. Also want something that I can get support for.

Pricesmart has a DuroPro 21" gas self-propelled and also an electric but I cant find anything about the brand online. I plan to check the other sellers you mentioned soon.

nsingh_tt
Ricer

Postby nsingh_tt » September 19th, 2022, 8:28 am

anyone has or used the following or recommend if its worth the purchase for use at home for small projects.

Air compressors 50L
Truper oil-free or Total oil

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 19th, 2022, 11:05 am

nsingh_tt wrote:anyone has or used the following or recommend if its worth the purchase for use at home for small projects.

Air compressors 50L
Truper oil-free or Total oil
You have to decide what you are going to do and what tools you will use. Use the compressors SCFM rating.

Noise may be an issue for some and not for others.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 23rd, 2022, 11:19 am

hadden have a 2 day sale on their pressure washers - some good deals ... https://www.facebook.com/haddentt/photo ... 022891092/

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 23rd, 2022, 11:37 am

wha allyuh think about those total chainsaws?

usual scene with total?

buy it and work it hard as much as possible during the warranty?

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » September 23rd, 2022, 11:42 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:wha allyuh think about those total chainsaws?

usual scene with total?

This is the way.

I bought a Total 43cc brush cutter on sale for $1200. Working fine for the last 6 months to maintain round the house and an empty lot. This is my first gas trimmer. I shocked to learn the prices of comparably sized units from Stihl, Shindaiwa, etc.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » September 23rd, 2022, 2:05 pm

NR8 wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:wha allyuh think about those total chainsaws?

usual scene with total?

This is the way.

I bought a Total 43cc brush cutter on sale for $1200. Working fine for the last 6 months to maintain round the house and an empty lot. This is my first gas trimmer. I shocked to learn the prices of comparably sized units from Stihl, Shindaiwa, etc.

Good buy then if just for home ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 23rd, 2022, 2:12 pm

do they have a small one like the stihl battery power chainsaw, which is for cutting very small twigs ?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 23rd, 2022, 2:56 pm

I studying to buy this.

To rent a stihl chainsaw is 450
FB_IMG_1663959321242.jpg

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » September 23rd, 2022, 3:17 pm

NR8 wrote:
carluva wrote:Seen. Not surprising. I found that their customer service is poor... I am still waiting on feedback from since September last year on whether they got the Ego mowers. And that is just one example.

Got a gas mower tho, so no need for the Ego anymore.

I hear you on supporting local, but with fecal customer service I just don't bother. But that's for a different thread...

Hey, which mower did you end up getting and at what cost? Currently in the market for one and trying to decide whether gas or electric. I already have a Greenworks 40V suite of tools but the gas models generally seem more powerful. Also want something that I can get support for.

Pricesmart has a DuroPro 21" gas self-propelled and also an electric but I cant find anything about the brand online. I plan to check the other sellers you mentioned soon.
My brother in law had one in his hardware that was not selling after being there for many years. So he gave it to me. Price was free.

It's a craftsman with a Briggs & Stratton engine, front wheel self propelled.

It is an old model, prolly from 10+ years ago, but works well for my turf lawn. The blade is sharpened every 3-4 cuts to keep a good uniform cut.

I would recommend a self propelled for sure as the normal push ones can become quite tiring. If your place is flat, you can do a front wheel driven self propelled. If you have inclines and undulating land, then the rear wheel driven self propelled is a better bet. The rear wheel driven units are also a bit harder to turn in smaller spaces.

I shopped around extensively before my brother in law told me had one and he'd give me... places you can check are Bhawansinghs (Murphy units), Allied (Murphy units), Ft Farfan (Yard Machines and Ariens), Ramlagan's (Ariens, Murphy, Yard Machines), Trinitrac (Honda and Echo battery), Central Chemical (Husqvarna at the time), Massy (Husqvarna if in stock) and of course PriceSmart (whatever they have at the time)

Expect to pay anywhere between $2000 for a small push mower such as the Yard Machines, $4500 or so for a self propelled unit and up to or in excess of $6000 for a Honda. That would be pricing about 2 yrs ago too. So likely prices are higher.

The B&S engines are excellent as well. Honda, well, can't be beat. So if you are buying a unit, the engine is what you need to consider. Any unit which has a Honda engine or a B&S engine will be good. And a higher cc rating is always better. You'll get more power and the unit won't stall in heavy cuts, especially if you are mulching (as I do). I'd avoid any unit that does not come with either of these engine makes.

However, you should strongly consider the battery units. If you have the Greenworks already, perhaps you can ship a unit without the battery and save on Hazmat costs. The battery units, from reviews, are just as good as the gas units and don't have the fuss of fuel and oil and plugs. And many fold up for easier vertical storage vs the gas which just takes up far too much space.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » September 23rd, 2022, 3:22 pm

@NR8 check your PM.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”