TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » November 6th, 2020, 3:51 pm

Refer to pic Image

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » November 6th, 2020, 4:12 pm

nervewrecker wrote:I think I figure out the problem.
The hole in the wall open? Those units have the thermostat in the back. So if the hole open the system will pull air from outside.
During the day it pulls warm air and will think the room warm.
During the night it will pull colder air and think the room cold so it cuts off faster.
Effective designs had that same problem. Henry young, myself and some other dude had to diagnose it.

From what I remember he had sealed the hole from outside. I'll check it back and see if the hole opened up

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 11th, 2020, 9:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=758059

Leaving this here

Job includes but not limited to the ability to handle power tools and equipment within the electrical, mechanical, construction and HVAC field as all overlap.

It is a fast-paced environment where it requires you to be able to follow instructions, think, improvise and learn fast.

Must have knowledge of handling hammer drill, impact driver, level, wire stripper, pliers, ratchet, spanner, crescent wrench, measuring with a tape, taking and reporting of measurements.
Additional responsibilities would be setup and use or pressure washer, managing a manifold gauge, electrical knowledge of single phase 110V AC and single phase 220V AC.

Additional knowledge of 3 phase is an asset.

Reading, understanding and conveying of information is also an asset.

Proper appearance of self as well as housekeeping, punctuality and manners are mandatory. Good observation and awareness of the surrounding environment is a must. Ability to complete jobs in a timely manner and ability to work with deadlines is also a prerequisite.

A form of ID is required as well as information on previous employment and two references are required.

Applicants must submit an essay 100 words or more on what is a job, why are you applying, why are you not employed and what do expect to gain from being employed. This is to make sure applicants can at least read or write.

Please do not apply if the following criteria cannot be met.

https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/41 ... ce=job_ats

Unsuitable applicants will not be acknowledged.

Anyone trying to play smartass with things like "you send me for a container, not what is in it" so you empty the contents and bring the container alone will result in you being terminated immediately.

You see a line burst on a site and stand up gazing at the sky or some form of mishap and you fail to acknowledge it will result in immediate termination.

You jump out the vehicle and your shoe burst so you cant work so you get instruction to stay in the vehicle and have your breakfast so the shoe can be attended to afterwards as its an emergency breakdown and you decide you want refreshment so you walk across an industrial compound to look for a water cooler to get refreshment and you doing so barefoot because you were told to not wear your shoes will result in immediate termination.

You are instructed to park up and you pack up what you alone use and not a coworker, home or time.

You are instructed to lock off work and you leave a pipe running or live electrical wire hanging because you done work and that requires further work but you weren't told to do further work, again - home one time.

You stand up watching the work vehicle open in heavy rain and tools getting wet and you can't secure it because you afraid you get wet in the rain, you will be getting lots of wet because you will be required to leave the job site immediately and / or pay for the equipment damaged from neglect.

You could smoke a pack of cigarette but afraid of dust or smoke in an environment you may as well just leave before getting fired.

You leave tanks open resulting in material escaping and saying nothing or taking a smoke till someone come to inform them, Home!

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » November 11th, 2020, 10:30 pm

^Thought you were going to list ALL the smartmanisms attempted by employees dey? Because I was almost ready to type "TL;DR" :lol:

Goodluck with the search though.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 11th, 2020, 11:33 pm

It different out here yes. Now got off the phone with a peer there, said they went to service a unit.
Man disconnect the hose from the pressure washer in the people bedroom and proceed to take the pressure washer outside while hose running full blow in the people bedroom.

Is a different kinda dotish it have out here yes.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » November 11th, 2020, 11:40 pm

Hope yuh making a list of names of these, lets call them "special" employees and keeping it close?

I still have mine from when I had my lil taxi business as a teenager... with ID copies too. :lol:

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » November 12th, 2020, 12:04 pm

I'm looking for a good brand, reliable 24,000btu split unit installed. Can any one give a quote for ground level install?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 12th, 2020, 10:17 pm

Ballpark figure should be about $5k for a proper job with a proper 24 not a 21.

21 should be closer to $47

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » November 14th, 2020, 9:33 pm

Is yonan a reliable brand of ac?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 14th, 2020, 10:15 pm

pjfred wrote:Is yonan a reliable brand of ac?

They are the same as the rest of midea built units. IIRC they initially came with TGM compressors vs the rest that has GMCC. TGM is a decent manufacturer, I have a few yonan units in service some time now with no issues. The 24 is a full size 24 unlike some other brands that claim 24 but are 21.

They are very quiet and have decent control systems. Haven't checked if the signal wire is in fact a comm by trying to swap out or mix and match but a board not hard to find.

I have put in 5 tonne, 3 tonne and 24's with no issues. The noise level on par with GMCC rotary. Gree built scroll comps are by far the quietest I have in service. On a 5 tonne the noise the air make coming through the condenser fan is louder than the compressor. You can carry on a conversation in front the 24 condenser without having to raise your voice.

Servair will have a shipment here soon while Cecair and Ramkal hardware usually have em.

Full nitrogen pressure testing before vaccume to under 500 microns before opening valves. Inline drier installed as per proper practice and these units are in service 24/7.
Attachments
yonan vac.jpg
yonan pressure test.jpg
yonan evaps.jpg
yonan evaps installed.jpg
yonan ac condenser.jpg

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » November 15th, 2020, 9:24 pm

Not finding a better thread to post this on.

But one of my ac units giving intermittent problems. It's an Innovair 12000 btu unit.

On some nights, its blowing warm/room temp air for a while and then a code EC appears on the display. When I googled that code for Innovair, it says that is some sort of refrigeration leak detection. I need to take off the power supply and restart it a few times for cold air to blow.

Twice the guys came by me and could find no problem. They saying the refrigerant good and no leaks. They also saying because the problem is not happening when they are there, they can't properly diagnose. They also said it could be the ac going into a safe mode because of electricity issues, but that is not happening with my other units tho.

So anyone with experience or knowledge have any advice on how to proceed?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 15th, 2020, 10:09 pm

Coil temp sensor.

Had the same issue with a tuner gf lennox 12.

It only misbehaves when I not there. And she not pleasant when she lacks sleep. She look like she wanna sling me up on the high tension wires outside.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 15th, 2020, 10:17 pm

Control board inside interprets feedback from a resistance value of the coil temp and indoor room temp sensors in series. One increases and the next decreases for a particular temperature value.

It's easy to misdiagnose as a refrigerant leak because the same code shows up where the values are not where they should be and the system throws a code.

If the refrigerant charge is where it should be and problem is intermittent it can be dirty coils inhibiting air flow causing ice to form or a sensor playing the fool. I'd start with the coil temp as it's usually the case.

Enough info dish out there.

Resistance value for each is where men have to pay $$$ for.

As for sensor, there is more to what I know from what the average Joe knows.

And I will add, out of all the bedrooms we been in, this girl bedroom take win. I tell her that. Girl room arrangement and color choice on point, looks like something you see on tv. She know who she is!

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 17th, 2020, 1:36 pm

Whats the average sound level of a 36000 wall mount blower?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 17th, 2020, 11:24 pm

SR wrote:Whats the average sound level of a 36000 wall mount blower?
Yunno, I forgot to take the info off the blower earlier.

Hadda wire them over soon. Will post the tag.

Bear in mind: quieter usually means less powerful. The newer units quiet but they weak. My bedroom unit, you cannot carry-on a convo in here without rasing your voice if it on full blast. At the same time, it can run and you don't know it on.

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » November 19th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Got one of those GE r410 12000 btu units installed for the kids a few months ago due to the pandemic and home schooling situation. Wanted them to be as comfortable as possible. My issue is we need to drop the temperature to 20 degrees Celsius and turn the fan speed up all the way for the room to be cool as compared to when it was newly installed. Back then the temperature on 24 and lowest fan speed and the room biting cold. Double checked the mode settings and everything is fine..
Installer came and said it needs servicing so I let him service it but in my opinion it's still the same way.
What could be the possible issue?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 20th, 2020, 7:34 pm

Jerry84 wrote:Got one of those GE r410 12000 btu units installed for the kids a few months ago due to the pandemic and home schooling situation. Wanted them to be as comfortable as possible. My issue is we need to drop the temperature to 20 degrees Celsius and turn the fan speed up all the way for the room to be cool as compared to when it was newly installed. Back then the temperature on 24 and lowest fan speed and the room biting cold. Double checked the mode settings and everything is fine..
Installer came and said it needs servicing so I let him service it but in my opinion it's still the same way.
What could be the possible issue?
Probably servicing of it been running long. Depends on the environment and with the increase in humidity coils get dirtier faster with biological matter.

If they use factory flares or did ratch flares, chances are refrigerant leak out. Hard luck dey, choose a better installer next time. You get what you pay for.

Men want to do work with a hammer drill, two crescent wrench and an impact driver. I have over $30k in tools to do installs.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 20th, 2020, 7:37 pm

See if you see frost on the smaller copper line.

Low on charge means the refrigerant is expanding in the small line and have already changed phase by the time it get to the evap. The phase change from liquid to gas is what takes up the most heat. With a proper charge there is enough pressure in the small line to keep it from expanding. Only when it enters the larger lines in the evap it can expand and change phase with heat it is coming into contact with from air in the room passing over the coils.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 13th, 2020, 10:55 pm

Fun fact, The Midea Group has acquired KUKA among others and has surpassed Gree as the largest manufacturer in the world.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 21st, 2020, 10:03 pm

https://xerotechnologies.com/subxero/?f ... WJttjNPV3o

Saw this come up on fb just now.

Not sure what they have in store. Quite possibly for auto.

I used sprayers on my truck with a surge tank and 12v programmable timer relay. Worked wonders.

Some heat insulation with UV cut tint is the ultimate comfort.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 21st, 2020, 10:11 pm

Seems its solar, a client wanted to talk to me about this (a tuner). It was mentioned to the new company so its something we may look into as one of the directors asked about it prior to the HVAC department being submitted to the board for approval.

AFAIK solar panels are still taxed as I bought one some time ago. Not sure how it will play off here.

Ran an idea across min of energy about new construction material that reduces heat load. Will put forward a proposal over the xmas holidays provided a crane operator dont shows up or I dont get Covid clearance.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 21st, 2020, 11:48 pm

Also saw something about BCEG in phoneix park.

Chinese loan, chinese development, have hvac manufacturing mentioned in it.

Can't post the pic.

http://www.news.gov.tt/content/mou-betw ... -Fu8FMXZkw

Someone copy and paste nah. My backside exhausted

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » December 25th, 2020, 8:37 pm

What size AC would be required for a 420 sq ft space so I know how to roughly gauge price?
Also, are 2 smaller units spread out better/same/worse than one bigger unit of equivalent BTU?

9 ft ceiling
no direct sun (middle of the house)
kitchen space included

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » December 25th, 2020, 9:44 pm

General rule of thumb 1 ton to every 200 square feet

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 26th, 2020, 3:18 pm

Correct is right. Ballpark figure - every 12 x 12 is 12000 btu. Of course all units arent equal.

If its an inside space where the heat load is less you can downsize a bit but more units = more air flow. Of course, air will move by convection but forced movement of air is better and will allow for better temp control.

Bear in mind kitchen units get dirtier faster and need more care from food residue getting in there. Its not uncommon to smell rancid after awhile if men don't know how to get rid of it. Also wise to leave it off while cooking unless yuou8 dont have a choice. It won't die if it running, it will just get a bit dirtier faster.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » December 26th, 2020, 3:54 pm

Thank you kindly.

Rayden6
Sweet on this forum

Postby Rayden6 » January 20th, 2021, 2:13 pm

What's the price to install a 12kbtu,ground floor
Thanks

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » February 5th, 2021, 6:46 am

Good morning all
Excuse me if this was answered previously but what inverter brand would you recommend for living room and bedrooms?
Low noise and reliability being the major factors.
Thank you.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 7th, 2021, 11:48 pm

2WNBoost wrote:Good morning all
Excuse me if this was answered previously but what inverter brand would you recommend for living room and bedrooms?
Thank you.
All are ahri certified. I would go with lennox daikin or gree.
All are low noise.
I don't switch off mines.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » February 9th, 2021, 3:55 am

nervewrecker wrote:
2WNBoost wrote:Good morning all
Thank you.
All are ahri certified. I would go with lennox daikin or gree.
All are low noise.
I don't switch off mines.

Thanks, I’ll check them out.
I have the regular 12000 and 36000 BTU Lennox. The big one makes watching TV a bit challenging, especially at night when everyone is asleep.
I’ve seen GREE around the place. Daikin seems to be in short supply and I would hate to buy a knock off.
I’m giving it 6 months to change the units.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”