TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » August 12th, 2022, 4:11 am

sMASH wrote:what is max working temp the compressor coudl sustain?

I cant remember the specs off the top of my head but I think inverter is over 100 deg C, conventional its lower.

They have thermal overloads built in to protect them so if it crosses a certain temp it opens the circuit till it cools down.

WRT inverter boards, when one component goes it sometimes takes others with it. Like a 4 cylinder engine, woks as a whole, but one piston ring fail the other 3 pistons will take up the strain for that one. It will run but eventually it will fail. All depends on how bad the damage is in the single cylinder. It can take out your whole engine or run a bit where you notice something is off and get it checked out.

Techs should have bought replacement boards and swapped to see which is at fault. Can refresh my memory as to what E1 is but iirc its motor.

Yes people getting critters on boards frying them.

WRT changing the entire unit, such is the case with POE oil. Its why I place emphasis on getting an install done properly in the first place.

maj.tom, I try getting info across in a manner that the average person can understand pertaining to whats in the book without over complicating it. You gimme a chance I get into pressure-enthalpy charts, fluid dynamics, comm, termination, the printery, carrier de-humidification, multi stage flash distillation etc

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 12th, 2022, 6:27 am

i want to do some cooling, but could use the hot side to do some heating too. an 80deg c should be okay. but i dont want to over shorten the life span of the compressor and refrigerant

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 12th, 2022, 7:46 am

sMASH wrote:i want to do some cooling, but could use the hot side to do some heating too. an 80deg c should be okay. but i dont want to over shorten the life span of the compressor and refrigerant
Use a heat exchanger in the front to take in hot air. Like a radiator to take in heat from the fan and a continuous duty pump.

Unless your unit has the metering device in the evap, submerge the liquid line and scavenge heat.

Or if you capable, the discharge line.

There are hybrid units for sale btw

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 12th, 2022, 8:24 am

you have any old Daewoo units or fridge? a fella on the forum looking for some old boards for a particular chip.
https://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=768551&p=10305060#p10304820

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 12th, 2022, 8:27 am

nervewrecker wrote:
sMASH wrote:i want to do some cooling, but could use the hot side to do some heating too. an 80deg c should be okay. but i dont want to over shorten the life span of the compressor and refrigerant
Use a heat exchanger in the front to take in hot air. Like a radiator to take in heat from the fan and a continuous duty pump.

Unless your unit has the metering device in the evap, submerge the liquid line and scavenge heat.

hybrids? go on...... lemme kno...

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 12th, 2022, 8:41 am

maj. tom wrote:you have any old Daewoo units or fridge? a fella on the forum looking for some old boards for a particular chip.
https://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=768551&p=10305060#p10304820
Saw it. Daewoo is to stay away from. He have to import that chip

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 12th, 2022, 8:45 am

sMASH wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

hybrids? go on...... lemme kno...
Somewhere around I saw them online but price.

And they are mostly heating and cooling systems.

Have one on a display shelf somewhere I saw that does heating and cooling for air but you don't wanna know the price. I think was like 18k. It just there cuz nobody want to heat their house.

whizzard
3NE 2NR for life

Postby whizzard » August 12th, 2022, 10:14 am

nervewrecker wrote:

I cant remember the specs off the top of my head but I think inverter is over 100 deg C, conventional its lower.

They have thermal overloads built in to protect them so if it crosses a certain temp it opens the circuit till it cools down.

WRT inverter boards, when one component goes it sometimes takes others with it. Like a 4 cylinder engine, woks as a whole, but one piston ring fail the other 3 pistons will take up the strain for that one. It will run but eventually it will fail. All depends on how bad the damage is in the single cylinder. It can take out your whole engine or run a bit where you notice something is off and get it checked out.

Techs should have bought replacement boards and swapped to see which is at fault. Can refresh my memory as to what E1 is but iirc its motor.

WRT changing the entire unit, such is the case with POE oil. Its why I place emphasis on getting an install done properly in the first place.

maj.tom, I try getting info across in a manner that the average person can understand pertaining to whats in the book without over complicating it. You gimme a chance I get into pressure-enthalpy charts, fluid dynamics, comm, termination, the printery, carrier de-humidification, multi stage flash distillation etc
In our case it was instantaneous. Any chance you can check it out or recommend someone? I think we need a second opinion. We're in PoS.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 12th, 2022, 10:41 am

whizzard wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

In our case it was instantaneous. Any chance you can check it out or recommend someone? I think we need a second opinion. We're in PoS.
If comp tripping instant it's short circuit, either internal or external. Could be burnt coil, burnt wire, burnt capacitor.

Internal short circuit is toasted comp.

Can be failed capacitor on start circuit putting strain on run circuit and not initiating phase change to commence rotation.

Send me a whatsapp and I can diagnose for you with more info.

Size / capacity, problem, noise if any, maintenance history

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 13th, 2022, 12:42 pm

https://youtu.be/TofHP1moT78

Coukd the experienced guys give some feedback on these methods?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 13th, 2022, 1:18 pm

sMASH wrote:https://youtu.be/TofHP1moT78

Coukd the experienced guys give some feedback on these methods?
If is plumbing you doing, yea. I use push lock fittings from J Harriman on Cross Crossing San Fernando for medium to low pressure stuff. I use them in my condenser sprayer for my car. Trucks use them on air lines. They work fine.

R600 systems use crimp fittings and because it's highly flammable they are recommended. Refrigerant remain dissolved in oil so if you try to use fire it's a risk of explosion. But we are smart people and know if we heat the oil it boils off the refrigerant and it's practice to run nitrogen in the system. Also r600 designed with a discharge pressure of approx 75psi.

You want to avoid welds, a brass union and flare nuts is the flick. Anything else is just good marketing. Plumbing solder and silver solder is not the same btw.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 13th, 2022, 2:46 pm

R22 systems are approx 250 psi on the liquid side but it's not uncommon to see 300 plus.

410a systems are approx 450 psi (pressure tested by manufacturer to this spec) but it's not uncommon to see 500 psi on commissioned systems.

I won't use any of the above you mentioned on those. Most instrumentation men swear by these ferrule fittings, use at your own risk. Never used and won't use. Yes they say it handles 1000psi and above on these plants but you know me, I prefer it idiot proof. Not my call anyways and not my department, I just steer clear of argument.

You need to remember ac lines aren't standard size either, dealers cut cost wherever they can so pipes are various diameters.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » August 26th, 2022, 4:11 pm

So I'm looking for a 24k btw split unit l. I had a peakes unit that gave 9 years mostly issue free would still be working if not for the col3man technicians damaging it. What is the verdict from nerve with respect to reliable brand to purchase? Also anyone can give an explanation on what 5 year warranty on compressor means exactly when its 1 year on parts and labor? I ask because the first thing the technicians say like ta tec send low voltage so its not manufacturers defect so compressor not covered...

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 26th, 2022, 5:34 pm

nemisis wrote:So I'm looking for a 24k btw split unit l. I had a peakes unit that gave 9 years mostly issue free would still be working if not for the col3man technicians damaging it. What is the verdict from nerve with respect to reliable brand to purchase? Also anyone can give an explanation on what 5 year warranty on compressor means exactly when its 1 year on parts and labor? I ask because the first thing the technicians say like ta tec send low voltage so its not manufacturers defect so compressor not covered...
Invest in a voltage monitor....if it even have. Preferably with time delay after loss of power.

When they say 5 years on comp they mean in manufacturer defect or if it fails under proper install conditions.

Warranty is from the firm, not them. If something occurs the firm sends a crew to see if proper procedure was followed. If it was and they deem it manufacturer defect it's changed.

1 year on parts means everything else, display, capacitor, motor etc.

My book has a lot you can pay attention to with install. Take a read. It's not one unit I get write off for warranty, it's whole buildings. Engineers vs me again.

My pick is the units manufactured by gree. Daikin, mcquay, gree, Delta lotus and pioneer. But that's just me.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 26th, 2022, 6:32 pm

Would the Mitsubishi place in Barataria that sells Mitsubishi be considered along the lines of the LG....parts would be hard to come by or impossible to source?

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » August 26th, 2022, 8:51 pm

Dave wrote:Would the Mitsubishi place in Barataria that sells Mitsubishi be considered along the lines of the LG....parts would be hard to come by or impossible to source?
Was watching them but for over 10k best I buy a Daikin and change it in 6 years for another

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 26th, 2022, 8:56 pm

Dave wrote:Would the Mitsubishi place in Barataria that sells Mitsubishi be considered along the lines of the LG....parts would be hard to come by or impossible to source?

The catch with their warranty is the service schedule. Not worth it in my opinion.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 27th, 2022, 9:14 am

Mitsubishi warranty speaks for their brand. 10 years

Product designed to last 10 years because if it does not then the company obliged to replace based on their written terms and conditions.

If people look at pricing over the last two decades, prices fell meaning quality dropped. Older units withstood weather and had better internal controls. For example older Peake units had a contactor to handle load to the compressor while most new units have a micky mouse relay (12 and 18000 btu).

Prices remained steady as costs went up and only recently costs started to increase.

Mitsubishi and Trane remained at a particular price point and they meet the requirements for sale in certain markets that other units dont. Interpret what you can from that information.

WRT Mitsubishi, only their people authorized to work on their merchandise.

Toshiba is another brand that stood the test of time.

The bad part with mitsu, trane, toshiba and LG is that parts arent mix and match like the midea, gree and ching chong (whatever its called). They carry the same parts so you can go by x, y or z and buy a replacement part. Evap and condenser motors are the same, some carry the same board etc. You have to go to the respective dealer for a part or if you know someone that changed a unit recently you can get parts from them.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 27th, 2022, 9:16 am

nemisis wrote:
Was watching them but for over 10k best I buy a Daikin and change it in 6 years for another

Depending on where you install your unit, 10 years is nothing. My gree units up going in 10 years and look like they installed yesterday.

matix wrote:

The catch with their warranty is the service schedule. Not worth it in my opinion.

Its not for everyone, some people unit need servicing every 3 months or less. Some can service every 2 years and you can get away with that.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 27th, 2022, 9:52 am

You all does have A/C on in your homes and car 24/7? :shock:

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 27th, 2022, 12:12 pm

Lol so does my Gree. Let me know who does your installs cause I know the mechanic don't fix his own cars lol.
I have an install to reinstall so let me know.

nervewrecker wrote:
nemisis wrote:

Depending on where you install your unit, 10 years is nothing. My gree units up going in 10 years and look like they installed yesterday.

matix wrote:

Its not for everyone, some people unit need servicing every 3 months or less. Some can service every 2 years and you can get away with that.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 30th, 2022, 9:43 pm

I trained a lot of people, but people learn the correct thing and still do half way work.

Grown men have no class and vision not to mention integrity or ability to think on thier own.

I'm aftaid to recommend anyone because all they will do is disappoint because it's not "their work" or "thier client".

Actually got fedup of workers and family so much till it pushed me to the brink of loosing my mind trying to comprehend how human beings can be so dotish one time. How could we have evolved to be the most advanced species on the face of the earth is beyond me. Men literally live day to day with no sense of changes in thier surroundings.

I already picked up a portfolio in the energy sector. It's off and on for now but I try to offer whatever support I can wherever I can. One guy that didn't disappoint is a former boss in Petrotrin son. He worked with me for some time and we both learned from his dad the late Pastor Ali John and my mentor the legendary Vivian Sealy.

Paul (pastor son) does what he could with my advice and guidance so hopefully he steps in full time. His hands full with a backlog of his father's work and bits of pieces of mine.

Most of the commercial and contract work I passed on to Aaron from extreme ac. He handles Dumore, Wilog and continental stuff.

As things go along hopefully Paul picks up more of my portfolio.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 22nd, 2022, 12:17 am

what allyuh think about this from abel? on sale

Katashi Eco-Series
$3,474.73 (VI)
Katashi air conditioning units bring the latest in cooling solutions to you.
Sizes: 18,000BTU,
Supply only: Brackets and 10ft Trunking

this is without installation.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 23rd, 2022, 10:51 pm

Midea units.

Normal price units.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 24th, 2023, 11:20 am

For 18000 BTU, is the new Innovair they bringing down any good?

Or better to pay a couple hundred more for a Pioneer?
or pay even more for an Infinity with better wiring (copper etc)?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 24th, 2023, 12:05 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:For 18000 BTU, is the new Innovair they bringing down any good?

Innovair same as the rest (midea)

Pioneer built by gree.

Infinity, has coils but not pipes, at least 4 loops missing.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 24th, 2023, 4:58 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:what allyuh think about this from abel? on sale

Katashi Eco-Series
$3,474.73 (VI)
Katashi air conditioning units bring the latest in cooling solutions to you.
Sizes: 18,000BTU,
Supply only: Brackets and 10ft Trunking

this is without installation.

Just bought the 24000 BTU Katashi unit from ABEL.
It's a Midea unit
It cost $6300 and you get someone to install it.
It has wifi controls and comes with the WiFi dongle to plug into the AC included (a $300 value).
Works great with the Midea or NetHome app to control the AC even when you're not home

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 24th, 2023, 5:14 pm

How the WiFi in these AC units connecting to the router? Because WPS isn't supported anymore for security. Had to hook up my wireless printer with a LAN cable to my mesh.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » May 24th, 2023, 5:15 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:For 18000 BTU, is the new Innovair they bringing down any good?

Innovair same as the rest (midea)

Pioneer built by gree.

Infinity, has coils but not pipes, at least 4 loops missing.

So better to go with pioneer?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 24th, 2023, 6:53 pm

^ the app installs it and you put in the wifi credentials there
I'm using a Mesh system too on the 2.4ghz band and it's working fine with no issues

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”