TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » October 6th, 2020, 8:55 am

screwbash wrote:
INDAVID WORKSHOP wrote:Anyone have New Lennox or Daiken 12,000 BTU split units units available , if so cost of installation.

got an 18000 lennox from steve. boss ah unit, boss ah installers. i have to have that unit on 26/27 fuss it cold like a freezer. once this service on time i sure it go be wuking nice for years.

Got through with a unit Thanks.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » October 6th, 2020, 3:30 pm

Which brand of coil cleaner can I use on both a residential and auto condensor?Where can I get it also?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 6th, 2020, 7:46 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:Which brand of coil cleaner can I use on both a residential and auto condensor?Where can I get it also?

None, never used, never will.

Rule of thumb, you cant spray it on your hand, don't spray it on your ac.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 6th, 2020, 7:49 pm

INDAVID WORKSHOP wrote:
screwbash wrote:
INDAVID WORKSHOP wrote:Anyone have New Lennox or Daiken 12,000 BTU split units units available , if so cost of installation.

got an 18000 lennox from steve. boss ah unit, boss ah installers. i have to have that unit on 26/27 fuss it cold like a freezer. once this service on time i sure it go be wuking nice for years.

Also, once they pull a vaccume to 500 microns and under it will be.

Our local boys went on a training seminar in the USA. We told them we give 5 years warranty on comps, they were like wtf? Same comps last them 15 years plus. Why, because they follow procedure.

Same reason men benning they dont want the new refrigerant here. It cant work with their practices.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 6th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Not even the Frost King spray? I see rel good reviews for it online. Obviously can't match a proper deep cleaning by a technician with a spray gun and detergent, but some of dem does use that spray too eh! And charge $250.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 6th, 2020, 8:43 pm

maj. tom wrote:Not even the Frost King spray? I see rel good reviews for it online. Obviously can't match a proper deep cleaning by a technician with a spray gun and detergent, but some of dem does use that spray too eh! And charge $250.

Save meh number, see you soon!

I need you to understand something, there is physical debris and biological. Physical will get stuck in front. Biological both back and front. That micky mouse thing will work to make the front look clean and leave the back clogged eventually.

Met some commercial systems like that. Front clean! Back clogged. They insist the unit be changed, costing about $16k TTD and I insist they savethe funds and allocate it elsewhere. Looks like I gunna tell them find someone else to do the job, I cant do that kinda robbery and sleep at night. Especially when I know it going in someone house after I take it down. But I will be removing all the electrical components I put in to keep it running so good luck to the sucker that trying to use it elsewhere.

Have 6 in a building, big fuss as to why I only get 3 done in the allocated time. Courtesy check ended in me getting cuss saying doh freaking touch nothing in here because it too damn cold now. Later this week they will get cold, 6 units in dey MC! :evilbat:

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » October 7th, 2020, 1:35 am

How do you recommend to clean the coils?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 7th, 2020, 9:11 am

I've had it done similar to this way in the past. They had a big tray to collect the rubbish water, with a compressor.

I've also had it done this way (coil cleaner spray). Nerve make me realize that the man con meh and say that is how they doing it now, technology move up, run the ac and the dust will come out with the spray, etc. BS.

nerve, is the first video you doing right?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2020, 7:35 pm

maj. tom wrote:I've had it done similar to this way in the past. They had a big tray to collect the rubbish water, with a compressor.

I've also had it done this way (coil cleaner spray). Nerve make me realize that the man con meh and say that is how they doing it now, technology move up, run the ac and the dust will come out with the spray, etc. BS.

nerve, is the first video you doing right?
Nothing close.
Have to do a pair of 3 tonne tomorrow that badly off.

You will be leaving negative comments on that man video after.

That Micky mouse thing can't clear no drain line. The best clean is mechanical then chemical. Raw bleach in it mudda *****. We have a piece of cable we rub in mud and send it up the line then run it on a drill to scrub it.

I tried hose, bleach, pressure washer and nothing cleans it. Flex cable and drill with sand does the trick.

Will throw up my pressure washer tip just now. Men who like to install units close to cieling, I wonder how they cleaning that?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Pressure washer tip, 360 degree, adjustable pressure.
Attachments
120864196_10158335546440225_5645616194184383272_n.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2020, 8:00 pm

Front and back of unit, yes it does have coil in the back, some units almost 50%

See hundred dollar bill for reference of depth of coil in the back, 24000 btu daikin inverter.
Attachments
120902463_10158335547010225_7304370380374790600_n.jpg
120889529_10158335547085225_4187173541629345137_n.jpg
120888449_10158335547160225_4225662612614146062_n.jpg
120908279_10158335547375225_5426005140003512786_n.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2020, 8:01 pm

And de infamous back drain pan. Rumored to exist among technicians, the ones who know, they know....like pre 2010 ole talk.
Attachments
120876076_10158335547465225_6985500772191269525_n.jpg
120900548_10158335547580225_4378086989839820834_n.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2020, 8:02 pm

But because men videoing, I feeling videoish so tomorrow, carnage fishing facility, lennox 3 tonne service. 6am sharp is fyahz.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 7th, 2020, 8:09 pm

Please do, so we can reference what a proper AC cleaning job is. At least show us a regular split unit typical job. I am finding it disappointing that i getting conned like this from all angles with something like a cleaning job. It's not like i asking for an overhaul service. Like some these local AC companies only have mango tree mechanic kind of people. :x

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2020, 8:15 pm

maj. tom wrote:Please do, so we can reference what a proper AC cleaning job is. At least show us a regular split unit typical job. I am finding it disappointing that i getting conned like this from all angles with something like a cleaning job. It's not like i asking for an overhaul service. Like some these local AC companies only have mango tree mechanic kind of people. :x

Have many ways the job can be done. Regular serviced stuff easy to maintain, but some people does want a miracle from thing that stink beyond stink and want to pay price other man charging. I realise the new units you cant drop the drain pan but if it badly off you can drop out the whole unit and leave the coil alone. Every new unit I install I pull out the clamp from behind one time :lol: :lol:

Work start to back up and efficiency drop bad because two men who were top techs decided to take covid as a joke. sad sad sad

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 7th, 2020, 10:18 pm

INDAVID WORKSHOP wrote:
screwbash wrote:

Steve also have Infinti units for $1,700 installed .

How could you go wrong ?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2020, 10:27 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
INDAVID WORKSHOP wrote:
screwbash wrote:

Steve also have Infinti units for $1,700 installed .

How could you go wrong ?

sized right, they work well. and the drain pan can drop in these.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » October 7th, 2020, 10:43 pm

^^

Plenty deals now with AC

Neil Cool - Bamboo

GE 12,000 BTU $2,000 installed .

Again, how can you go wrong with these prices ?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 7th, 2020, 10:52 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^

Plenty deals now with AC

Neil Cool - Bamboo

GE 12,000 BTU $2,000 installed .

Again, how can you go wrong with these prices ?
Neil business module is great. He is a good businessman, sadly he don't know jack shyt about ac.

The bad work you seeing out here done by his company is not his fault. Is the men doing the work. Doh care doh care, is not them reputation on the line so they don't care. By the time the system fail they done fire the Wuck.

Men who doing work here just looking for a lil change to get them by. As soon as they find they save a few dollars is time to move on. Someone else business they have to mess up.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 8th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Hard luck dey fellaz, the units were not as dirty as I thought they were.
The leaking issue is ice forming from two power sources. When you kill power to the evap the condenser remains running because it has its own power supply. Only if the evap sends a signal to break the circuit on the contactor coil it will open.
Collected a 220v this morning.
Someone getting some cuss and is not from me..

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » October 20th, 2020, 2:23 pm

Do you think an inverter unit is the way to go as there is speculation of electricity rates increasing?

I'm thinking about getting a new 24 000 btu unit for a living room to replace an old 24 000 btu unit.Previously the unit was used primarily in the evening for a few hours but now it will be used from morning till evening due to my brother and sister in law working from home because of covid.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 20th, 2020, 2:25 pm

Makes absolute sense if being used for long periods.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » November 3rd, 2020, 8:39 am

Hey so I have a daikin 18000btu in my bedroom one year old. I usually used to run it at 24 degrees and fan on auto which was fine until recently. Now I run it at 22 and fan on high. It works fine in the daytime but at nights its starts off cold and then when the compressor cuts off the room gets warm and then when the compressor comes back on it gets cold again and that cycle goes on. Sometimes I drop it to 21 to keep the compressor running longer to keep the room cold. Is this because outside is cold at night so the compressor runs less? Or is this normal?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 3rd, 2020, 9:30 am

Toshiba Inverter, nothing beats it...................

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 4th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Musical Doc wrote:Hey so I have a daikin 18000btu in my bedroom one year old. I usually used to run it at 24 degrees and fan on auto which was fine until recently. Now I run it at 22 and fan on high. It works fine in the daytime but at nights its starts off cold and then when the compressor cuts off the room gets warm and then when the compressor comes back on it gets cold again and that cycle goes on. Sometimes I drop it to 21 to keep the compressor running longer to keep the room cold. Is this because outside is cold at night so the compressor runs less? Or is this normal?
Inverter?

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » November 5th, 2020, 8:45 am

nervewrecker wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:Hey so I have a daikin 18000btu in my bedroom one year old. I usually used to run it at 24 degrees and fan on auto which was fine until recently. Now I run it at 22 and fan on high. It works fine in the daytime but at nights its starts off cold and then when the compressor cuts off the room gets warm and then when the compressor comes back on it gets cold again and that cycle goes on. Sometimes I drop it to 21 to keep the compressor running longer to keep the room cold. Is this because outside is cold at night so the compressor runs less? Or is this normal?
Inverter?

No normal split unit

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 5th, 2020, 10:28 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Hard luck dey fellaz, the units were not as dirty as I thought they were.
The leaking issue is ice forming from two power sources. When you kill power to the evap the condenser remains running because it has its own power supply. Only if the evap sends a signal to break the circuit on the contactor coil it will open.
Collected a 220v this morning.
Someone getting some cuss and is not from me..

Gosh, met a real dirty one this week but just wasn't myself. had gotten news that same morning one of my students and a fellow tradesman that I put on to a lot of customers had passed away. He had surgery some months ago to remove a brain tumor. Passed him on the road the day before the emergency surgery. Havent heard from his family since until that day saying he had passed. One thing about that class, everyone as like family, everyone was close and everyone networked well.

Musical Doc wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
Inverter?

No normal split unit

You change the position of where you reside? I know under the evap is always the warmest spot. But what you describing is kinda the reverse of what usually takes place.

Inbox me the model daikin so I can see if it carries an ambient air temp sensor.

supercharged turbo wrote:Do you think an inverter unit is the way to go as there is speculation of electricity rates increasing?

I'm thinking about getting a new 24 000 btu unit for a living room to replace an old 24 000 btu unit.Previously the unit was used primarily in the evening for a few hours but now it will be used from morning till evening due to my brother and sister in law working from home because of covid.

Short answer, yes.

It is not always ideal. Had to do a comparison recently to show that the inverter may actually consume more energy. Innovair Inverter 24000 btu running at just under 13A and Gree 24000 btu conventional on/off type running on under 9A.

There are a lot of factors to consider with the inverter type, set temp is one and ambient temp is another. The bigger the difference between set temp and ambient the harder it will work and having a varying refrigerant flow ability it also has a varying current capability. The smaller the difference the less effort the system will make into bringing down the temp.

The same inverter system was running at under 6A that afternoon while the Gree was still running on just under 9A.

We did a small comparison between mine and another tuner own in the earlies where his was running at full load all the time trying to bring down the temp and was consuming almost double that of another unit same size in another room and it took longer to bring down the temp. Mine never reaches full load because the temp is set very high and sometimes the condenser don't run at all because the ambient temp is lower than set temp. This is proving to be an issue with some who like it cold in the night because I realise the systems don't work as hard when the ambient is lower and the room tends to get warmer because the return air temp that the thermostat measures does not represent the temp across the room. I set mine to 28-29 degrees and during the night it's sometimes 25 and 26 degrees I have to set it too in order to get the same effect.

With the comparison above you can see how an inverter system can consume more electricity than the conventional type.

Something to note however, the inverter system is built with higher-grade components, better protection circuitry and is more resilient to damage from misuse

Ben_spanna wrote:Toshiba Inverter, nothing beats it...................

They had the edge over the rest with solenoid type metering devices vs capillary tube. With prices going down dealres have opted to bring higher spec units at previous prices. I think I saw solenoid type listed on the spec sheet for the 18 seer lennox units submitted for approval to a client.
Last edited by nervewrecker on November 5th, 2020, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 5th, 2020, 10:53 pm

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?van ... 6759402696

Now get a vid there where a man like he have duane sweating yes.

Your question is partially answered above Mr. digialforeveryone and there is some more info on the technology in the link.

A lot of new info a questions have popped up since then so just to clarify - yes the compressors can be 3 phase or DC. As long as it van vary the refrigerant flow to match heat load it will usually be an inverter system (not to be mixed up with txv / tev where the metering device varies flow to match differences in load like in ice machines).
The DC spec units are more efficient but carry a higher price. To be competitive price-wise most opt for the budget system with the 3 phase motors which are very good systems in my book. yes, higher spec units can be ordered, speak with the respective dealer for such. Depending on who you call they will just put you on to me and done.

To add to the info above, a lot has changed with technology in recent times. There is new stuff out here to provide options but it has not reached here as yet. I had lost the motivation, the zeal, the interest with workers screwing up, one set of run around and explaining with the shortage of stock with covid and forex issues and run around with police, insurance and a heap of hullabaloo with a b13 that ran into my pickup. 5 months now and nothing done. Is back and forth, back and forth with a clear cut case and the b13 man provoking me on the road while crying wolf to the police. Had spoken with my insurance company today and they urged me to not knock this guy down and the people at his insurance company.

I had told customers I will be stepping down and not taking in any new work. Will just maintain my private clientele until they get a replacement and corporate will just call someone else. Things may take a different turn in the near future, same person behind it, just different name.

It was just something thrown to on my plate about two years ago and I was reminded that the offer still stands. As days go by seems like everything in the HVAC industry just pointing to go in that direction. It is a good change, a good direction but I keep doubting myself as to being able to meet the requirements because it will be a massive operation across many fields with huge shoes to fill but at the same time its heavy backing from people who are established as the best in everything they do. They are the best because they always work with the best. If all pulls through, it may be domestic, commercial, auto and marine and may or may not reach to partial or complete control on our shores for some of the most recognised brands in the industry.

Got a little unexpected but still welcome pep talk from some of my peers in business - abs offroad, dual star and chakra. It was much appreciated to get me back in a gear so time to hit hard.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » November 6th, 2020, 9:48 am

Musical Doc wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:
Inverter?

No normal split unit

You change the position of where you reside? I know under the evap is always the warmest spot. But what you describing is kinda the reverse of what usually takes place.

Inbox me the model daikin so I can see if it carries an ambient air temp sensor.

Our bed was actually to the side of the evap but now we ended up moving the bed directly in front the evap just to get the ac directly when it gets warm in the night. I'll inbox you the model # when I check it later

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 6th, 2020, 3:44 pm

I think I figure out the problem.
The hole in the wall open? Those units have the thermostat in the back. So if the hole open the system will pull air from outside.
During the day it pulls warm air and will think the room warm.
During the night it will pull colder air and think the room cold so it cuts off faster.
Effective designs had that same problem. Henry young, myself and some other dude had to diagnose it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”