TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby nervewrecker » December 5th, 2021, 10:12 pm

Yes my bedroom ac scrapped out and have all the screws missing.

Makes it easy to service when time to service.
IMG_20211205_222143.jpg
IMG_20211205_222156.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 5th, 2021, 10:15 pm

They met me at allied.

I have a customer using one and he swears by it. Got it on his own, not from my recommendation.

I haven't used such so I can't comment.
IMG_20211205_222439.jpg
IMG_20211205_222450.jpg

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 10th, 2021, 6:25 pm

Any reviews on Midea Mission inverter units?
Or are all the Midea the same Comfee units?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » December 10th, 2021, 7:28 pm

Installing up tmrw let's see how it goes
IMG-20211208-WA0038.jpg
IMG_20211210_192730.jpg
IMG_20211208_172525.jpg
IMG_20211208_123155.jpg

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 10th, 2021, 7:37 pm

Can you see the make of the compressor?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » December 10th, 2021, 8:39 pm

Dave wrote:Can you see the make of the compressor?
I'll check tomorrow but it should be hitachi if not mistaken

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » December 11th, 2021, 4:02 pm

Edited Toshiba compressor
Working sweet also dual inverter compressor
Screenshot_20211211_155951_com.ab.smartDevice.jpg
Screenshot_20211211_160052.jpg
IMG_20211211_155933.jpg
IMG_20211211_155505.jpg
The attachment Screenshot_20211211_160107.jpg is no longer available
Last edited by gastly369 on December 11th, 2021, 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 11th, 2021, 4:03 pm

It's an attractive looking unit. I give you that.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 11th, 2021, 6:24 pm

Dave wrote:It's an attractive looking unit. I give you that.

Yup looks good

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 11th, 2021, 8:13 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Any reviews on Midea Mission inverter units?
Or are all the Midea the same Comfee units?

no, midea is the manufacturer, they have their own line where coincidentally the comfee models belong to the same models as one model of the midea units.

With the on/off types being the biggest sellers here the guys who bring them find it easy to just pay whatever and get a sticker on their units. Peake, Comfee etc, I wont doubt they all buy as a group to keep price down and pay wherever extra for their own sticker. But as said, there are various models so it seems they just bring what they choose to bring.

In the inverter line, there are various models they bring with various seer ratings. Each try to bring the ones with the most efficiency at the lowest price to be as competitive as they can. You can however order a particular model which may cost more.

Most of what you will find here are the ones with 3 phase AC compressors and capillary tube type (fixed cross sectional area) metering devices. You can change compressor speed to change refrigerant flow, pressures generated and current consumption.

Higher end models may use solenoid type metering devices that can change cross sectional area coupled with variable speed compressor motors to further increase the above variables and change current draw range.

Even higher end models have even smaller compressors with DC motors and solenoid type metering devices which cost the most because of the price to produce such.

Split phase induction type motors have two coils with one capacitor driven with a moving magnetic field that leads while the next "tries to catch it" and both move the rotor.

A 3 phase AC induction motor has 3 coils and 3 fields 120 degrees apart which induce 3 respective moving fields that rotate the rotor. There is no capacitor to fail and because its more fields inside it takes less effort to do the same job as a split phase induction type. Imagine a 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder in two same vehicles, the has to exert less effort and consume less energy to do the same job the 4 does.

Single phase cant be converted to 3 phase but DC can be split into 3 parallel signals and converted to ac with 3 separate waveforms and they are created 120 degrees apart. This way you can win on current draw.

There are options to convert single to poly (3) at home if you don't have 3 phase available for people wanting to use heavy equip with 3 phase motors.

The hobbit probably thinking it may be a good idea to tax the inverter type units if he reads this so he can win. But we the people petition for no tax on inverters, no tax on HC refrigerants, no tax on car parts, no tax on cars......wait....no....yea, no tax on fass up cars! :bday:

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 11th, 2021, 8:32 pm

^ thanks good info

The unit I'm looking at is seer 19 in a 12000btu
this is the first inverter unit I'm buying so just wanted to get some reviews.
So far most ppl say the cost savings on electricity are great

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 11th, 2021, 8:57 pm

Most start at 18 - 19 seer.

The gree I have is bigger and heavier than most conventional type 18000 btu.

Has double coils in the condenser as opposed to most with single or one and a half coil and has compressor speed control monitoring vs some others. I have seen it in the lennox and daikin as well but I bought mine about 6 years ago. Unsure if that model sill sells. Lomo 16 seer gree iirc, most of what I seeing now are the 19 seer models.

I'd say grab a gree, lennox, daikin or delta sahara if they have. But thats just me. I seen midea units selling for almost $1k less before price increase and do the same job fine with one condenser coil and a smaller evap.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 11th, 2021, 11:03 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Most start at 18 - 19 seer.

The gree I have is bigger and heavier than most conventional type 18000 btu.

Has double coils in the condenser as opposed to most with single or one and a half coil and has compressor speed control monitoring vs some others. I have seen it in the lennox and daikin as well but I bought mine about 6 years ago. Unsure if that model sill sells. Lomo 16 seer gree iirc, most of what I seeing now are the 19 seer models.

I'd say grab a gree, lennox, daikin or delta sahara if they have. But thats just me. I seen midea units selling for almost $1k less before price increase and do the same job fine with one condenser coil and a smaller evap.

OK thanks!

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » December 17th, 2021, 10:50 am

Nerve,I looking for some advice on a fix.A few months ago while putting on the a/c,there was a electricity surge where the current came and went twice all in the space of 2 seconds.Since then,the temperature all over the place.One minute it working good on 19° next minute I sweating and the same goes for any other temperature.You think it might be a sensor or I hadda change the board?It's an Innovair 12000btu unit

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » December 17th, 2021, 6:49 pm

Hey guys. Still looking around and have a question about these long term warranties.

Who normally honors them on brands like Lennox, Pioneer, Comfee etc?

Is it typically the 3rd party seller/installer or some centralized dealers locally?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 17th, 2021, 7:57 pm

zorced wrote:Hey guys. Still looking around and have a question about these long term warranties.

Is it typically the 3rd party seller/installer or some centralized dealers locally?

any and everyone. Once installed properly, ie vaccume to 500 microns or under, proper lineset length and maintain your unit you should not have an issue. warranty comes from the dealer extended to their 3rd party dealers. Once proper install procedure was done, if you have an issue they send one of their guys to check it and issue the part under warranty or have it fixed under warranty. Once proper install procedure was followed, no issues. If it wasn't, well that's between you and god. nobody ever had to check over my work, the one time men came on one of two warranty issues they was asking me for my tools borrow to get better readings.

supercharged turbo wrote:Nerve,I looking for some advice on a fix.A few months ago while putting on the a/c,there was a electricity surge where the current came and went twice all in the space of 2 seconds.Since then,the temperature all over the place.One minute it working good on 19° next minute I sweating and the same goes for any other temperature.You think it might be a sensor or I hadda change the board?It's an Innovair 12000btu unit

could just be a sensor. Both work in series with varying impedance at temp variances where the board interprets the values.

shoot a pic with the model and I will guide you.

If is board I can tell you who to go by, just tell them is their model ac or they wont sell you cuz men keeping parts for only their products where thing scarce this rounds.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 17th, 2021, 8:00 pm

Ended up getting the Midea 12,000BTU Mission inverter
Working great so far
It's super quiet

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 18th, 2021, 3:24 pm

^^ cost and supplier?

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » December 19th, 2021, 1:51 am

nervewrecker wrote:
zorced wrote:Hey guys. Still looking around and have a question about these long term warranties.

any and everyone. Once installed properly, ie vaccume to 500 microns or under, proper lineset length and maintain your unit you should not have an issue. warranty comes from the dealer extended to their 3rd party dealers. Once proper install procedure was done, if you have an issue they send one of their guys to check it and issue the part under warranty or have it fixed under warranty. Once proper install procedure was followed, no issues. If it wasn't, well that's between you and god. nobody ever had to check over my work, the one time men came on one of two warranty issues they was asking me for my tools borrow to get better readings.

supercharged turbo wrote:Nerve,I looking for some advice on a fix.A few months ago while putting on the a/c,there was a electricity surge where the current came and went twice all in the space of 2 seconds.Since then,the temperature all over the place.One minute it working good on 19° next minute I sweating and the same goes for any other temperature.You think it might be a sensor or I hadda change the board?It's an Innovair 12000btu unit

could just be a sensor. Both work in series with varying impedance at temp variances where the board interprets the values.

If is board I can tell you who to go by, just tell them is their model ac or they wont sell you cuz men keeping parts for only their products where thing scarce this rounds.
I feeling it could be a sensor too.Every now and again it does work correct but for the most part,the temperature all over the place.
20211219_014731.jpg

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 19th, 2021, 3:30 pm

carluva wrote:^^ cost and supplier?

$3800 installed
706-6431

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » December 20th, 2021, 5:05 am

So ghastly369, i find that unit looking really slick in truth.

was the price comparable with other units on the market?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » December 20th, 2021, 8:06 am

Ted_v2 wrote:So ghastly369, i find that unit looking really slick in truth.

was the price comparable with other units on the market?
Got on sale for $2499... Friend installed free for me so basically $2499 installed.. Normal price is $3200 for bare unit from courts

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 20th, 2021, 8:20 am

I installed a Lennox 12k BTU in September in my son's room. The installation date almost neatly coincided with my TTEC cycle so I have a pretty accurate representation of extra use. My bill went up by $54 ($27/month) for a unit that runs typically at night every night for between 8-9 hours.

From what I'm reading here an inverter type unit would have been an even lower increase than that?

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » December 20th, 2021, 8:32 am

Dizzy28 wrote:I installed a Lennox 12k BTU in September in my son's room. The installation date almost neatly coincided with my TTEC cycle so I have a pretty accurate representation of extra use. My bill went up by $54 ($27/month) for a unit that runs typically at night every night for between 8-9 hours.

From what I'm reading here an inverter type unit would have been an even lower increase than that?
Like I need to check something in my house because one unit costing me roughly $125/month

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » December 20th, 2021, 10:25 am

nervewrecker wrote:

Thanks nerve. Solid info.
Pls pm me your contact #

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 15th, 2022, 10:06 pm

supercharged turbo wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

I feeling it could be a sensor too.Every now and again it does work correct but for the most part,the temperature all over the place.
20211219_014731.jpg
Any info on this nerve?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 15th, 2022, 11:03 pm

Aye, i forget you yes.

unjack your coil temp sensor and take a dmm to it, should read anywhere around over 4000 ohms to 5500 ohms depending on the temp. Anything outside that, dust bin and get new one. You looking for a 5 kilo ohm sensor, if its shot, shoot me a whatsapp and I will tell you how or where to get one.

You know how to scrap the mofo for diagnosis?

can unpin it and use the old jack or wire stripper, solder and electrical tape of heat shrink.

If its not that, I can walk you through testing the thermostat.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » May 6th, 2022, 9:57 am

1kingmed
Street 2NR

Postby 1kingmed » May 31st, 2022, 8:44 pm

Good evening guys, My 12000btu split pioneer AC is icing up. I checked the outdoor unit and the thinner line is freezing. What would cause this and what’s the cost to remedy it?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 31st, 2022, 9:17 pm

1kingmed wrote:Good evening guys, My 12000btu split pioneer AC is icing up. I checked the outdoor unit and the thinner line is freezing. What would cause this and what’s the cost to remedy it?

One common reason for this may be that the unit needs gas.
Low refrigerant / freon will mean low pressure and cause the coil and lines to ice up.
You can top it up, but it may also have a leak so check for oil residue on the coil.
There are other reasons but that's one issue that I had recently.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”