Re: The GOOGLE | ANDROID Thread

Postby RASC » February 21st, 2017, 8:59 am

Anyone been following the leaks of the Galaxy S8

Phone looks BEASTLY to. Say the least.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » March 1st, 2017, 9:20 am

Patience is a virtue only accentuated by being able to tell the future.
http://www.motorola-fans.com/2017/02/mo ... d.html?m=1

Soon xp

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » March 1st, 2017, 1:17 pm

boyyyyyyyyyy

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » May 13th, 2017, 6:10 pm

I've had d s8 bout a week now ...

Bixby vision only show images extract words ... no option for amazon shipping

Bixby voice not enabled yet

wireless fast charging is awesome... really AWESOME

my hands are huge ... so no issues with finger print reader

overall the phone is super fast an yea the screen is as good as they say ... really good

btw I'm on digicel network ... data speeds about 3 to 10 mb ... mostly between 5 and 9

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 13th, 2017, 8:30 pm

Hoping to get one soon

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » May 14th, 2017, 9:00 am

Whats the name of the app that can store contacts from pics of call cards? used the feature on a premium phone but cant remember if it was a app or a pre installed feature.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 14th, 2017, 10:36 am

Snap biz card

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » July 19th, 2017, 10:50 am

so bixby voice out for the US. it seems very nice and very capable.

but thinking about it, the facts are Trinidad and Tobago is serviced using Samsung latin america (English). also that the market for latin america is mostly spanish and portuguese i think english speaking parts of latin america will get it ... WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER :twisted: :mrgreen: :drinking:

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » July 24th, 2017, 2:09 pm

by chance anyone ever got samsung pay to work down here in trini?
was wondering if even side loading could make it work

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » July 28th, 2017, 12:32 pm

have a huawei p10 plus for sale...

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » August 4th, 2017, 9:29 am

Anyone p9 lite owners updated to nougat?

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » August 22nd, 2017, 8:34 pm

Bixby voice is live for s8 and s8+ ... and it's very good almost total voice control of the phone

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » August 25th, 2017, 4:25 pm

Nice

blacklight
Sweet on this forum

Postby blacklight » September 4th, 2017, 5:58 pm

peeps...geeks..... Should I buy the international Exynos S8 or the US/Canada Snapdragon 835?

Can source both of them locally, and was just wondering if it really matters.

SnipeR
Trinituner Peong

Postby SnipeR » September 4th, 2017, 9:15 pm

Mr.Bollywood
Riding on 16's

Postby Mr.Bollywood » December 29th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Anyone have any experience with Xiaomi phones? I'm finding it an extreme pain In the arse to root and flash ROMs onto.

The bootloader unlocking process is crazy long.

Anyone have recommendations on what I can do?

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » September 24th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Thread is old I know, but I wanted to find out if anyone is using the Nokia brand of devices?

How does it perform?

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » September 24th, 2018, 9:30 pm

nokia 6 does move laggy under heavy use, can't say for the others

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » October 2nd, 2018, 11:25 am

Anyone getting the xz3. Looks pretty good

4CupMan
Street 2NR

Postby 4CupMan » December 10th, 2018, 8:30 pm

Anyone have a google pixel 3 xl. Want to get one for Christmas and need a review.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » December 11th, 2018, 7:48 am

4CupMan wrote:Anyone have a google pixel 3 xl. Want to get one for Christmas and need a review.
i always say the pixel is the iphone of androids

out of all the android phones i've owned the pixel is the only one that is smooth like ios, faster in many instances also, most androids slow down and get laggy after a while but never the pixel after a year of heavy use and i've owned all the xl's

i damaged my pixel 2 xl a few months back and got a iphone xs max to use in the meantime until i got the 3 xl which is the phone must people compare it to. In the time i had the XS i disliked it for a few reasons:
- screen has a yellowish look, taking off truetone made it a little cleaner & whiter but still not appealing
- for heavy use the iphone was slow with things like sharing multiple images across apps, scanning & emailing docs etc
- camera is a literal joke. This was a real pita because for a $10k phone the camera was absolute sh1t compared to the pixel when i compared them side by side. Beautygate ftl
- no fast dial wtf
- photos app is very disorganised and annoying to navigate. Actually used google photos app on the iphone
- face id is annoying compared to the position of the fingerprint scanner and how flawless it actually works on the pixel

now that i have the 3xl it has a much better screen and wayy faster doing many tasks than the xs max and of course a truly mindblowing camera. Night sight is amazing.

i am 100% convinced to never pay attn to those nerds doing online reviews and their geek tests because i have both phones and there is no way i would even consider using the xs as my daily

buy it, u would never go back.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » December 11th, 2018, 8:11 am

Consider the Oneplus 6t. Excellent android skin. Best android phone I've used. Finger print sensor is at the front as well which is a plus for me as sometimes you don't want to pick up the phone to unlock it

4CupMan
Street 2NR

Postby 4CupMan » December 11th, 2018, 8:41 am

A172 wrote:
4CupMan wrote:Anyone have a google pixel 3 xl. Want to get one for Christmas and need a review.

out of all the android phones i've owned the pixel is the only one that is smooth like ios, faster in many instances also, most androids slow down and get laggy after a while but never the pixel after a year of heavy use and i've owned all the xl's

i damaged my pixel 2 xl a few months back and got a iphone xs max to use in the meantime until i got the 3 xl which is the phone must people compare it to. In the time i had the XS i disliked it for a few reasons:
- screen has a yellowish look, taking off truetone made it a little cleaner & whiter but still not appealing
- for heavy use the iphone was slow with things like sharing multiple images across apps, scanning & emailing docs etc
- camera is a literal joke. This was a real pita because for a $10k phone the camera was absolute sh1t compared to the pixel when i compared them side by side. Beautygate ftl
- no fast dial wtf
- photos app is very disorganised and annoying to navigate. Actually used google photos app on the iphone
- face id is annoying compared to the position of the fingerprint scanner and how flawless it actually works on the pixel

now that i have the 3xl it has a much better screen and wayy faster doing many tasks than the xs max and of course a truly mindblowing camera. Night sight is amazing.

i am 100% convinced to never pay attn to those nerds doing online reviews and their geek tests because i have both phones and there is no way i would even consider using the xs as my daily

Thanks my friend. Any ideas where to get one locally ?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » December 11th, 2018, 8:45 am

A172 wrote:

- no fast dial wtf

cameras on iphones been sh!t since 2016... no major detail in them unless lighting is perfect

yea the iphone boys will say it's a mobile cam... but many many androids have come a long way and passed iphone for quality.

currently using a dual sim S8+

so the photos are oversaturated on screen, but backing up to Gphotos and reviewing them on my laptop, they're pretty good

iOS will always be a smooth platform, but like i said android has caught up

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » December 11th, 2018, 8:46 am

4CupMan wrote:
A172 wrote:

- no fast dial wtf

Titan Procurement has stock...

the 6T is also very close to stock experience with a decent camera

4CupMan
Street 2NR

Postby 4CupMan » December 11th, 2018, 8:51 am

tr1ad wrote:
4CupMan wrote:
A172 wrote:

- no fast dial wtf

Titan Procurement has stock...

the 6T is also very close to stock experience with a decent camera

I messaged him. He is out of stock.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » December 11th, 2018, 8:52 am

because of the price he won't stock the xl but i get mine from titan

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » December 11th, 2018, 9:32 am

A172 wrote:because of the price he won't stock the xl but i get mine from titan

OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition looking hawt

iM@st@1
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby iM@st@1 » December 11th, 2018, 2:53 pm

tr1ad wrote:

Find the thunder purple looks much nicer, glad I got one cause not even seeing it on 1+ site again.

Should've kept the price at $650 and not include the 10gb of ram, can't see how that much ram will be utilized in a smart phone tbh.

Interested to see how much faster it charges cause the 6T charges real quik.

Kevin_45
Street 2NR

Postby Kevin_45 » December 11th, 2018, 3:13 pm

iM@st@1 wrote:
tr1ad wrote:

Find the thunder purple looks much nicer, glad I got one cause not even seeing it on 1+ site again.

Should've kept the price at $650 and not include the 10gb of ram, can't see how that much ram will be utilized in a smart phone tbh.

Interested to see how much faster it charges cause the 6T charges real quik.
Thunder purple was a limited amount that's why it's no longer in stock. I was expecting a gradient orange for the McLaren and yes I agree 10gb ram is just too much

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”