Forums

The GOOGLE | ANDROID Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

J453
Sweet on this forum

Re: The *Official* GOOGLE | ANDROID Thread

Postby J453 » May 20th, 2013, 9:03 am

This is what my 4g speed looks like on bmobile with a 7 year old sim card that I butchered with a scissors and shoved in the phone like a rapist. And this is in my room where reception is not so excellent. Maybe there's poor reception in your area?
Sent from my Nexus 4 using TriniTuner mobile app
Attachments
1369054804117.jpg

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » May 20th, 2013, 9:37 am

Hmm.. Can you send me your full data settings? I'm in chaguaramas during the day and Santa Cruz in the evenings.. Can't see why why I'm so unlucky with the reception!

DRS2442
Ricer

Postby DRS2442 » May 21st, 2013, 1:44 am

Glad to see that there are other Nexus 4 owners here in T&T. I just ordered mine, fingers crossed it'll get past google's checks lol

Captain Awesome
Sweet on this forum

Postby Captain Awesome » May 21st, 2013, 4:21 am

Nexus 4 owner here. I bought the Poetic bumper and installed from day one with screen protector. Haven't dropped it at all so no cracking issues but I've read enough horror stories online that now makes me extra careful.

Specs and performance are top notch. Rooted and boot loader unlocked running paranoid android, THE best experience available for n4.

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » May 21st, 2013, 6:49 am

So I went to bmobile yesterday.. It turned out to be something in my account needing to be reset. Everything's working great now :grin:

I was worried about the all glass build of the n4 as well, not to mention how slippery it is! So I ordered down one of those ballistic cases.

Although it hides the beautiful design of the phone, I'm confident that it's well protected now!

Another advantage of that case is the added bulk which makes it easier to hold.

A disadvantage, obviously, is because of this bulk, it's hard to slip into your jeans pocket. Otherwise, I love the thing 8-)

Archlord
Street 2NR

Postby Archlord » May 21st, 2013, 6:57 am

Jonathan wrote:So I went to bmobile yesterday.. It turned out to be something in my account needing to be reset. Everything's working great now :grin:

I was worried about the all glass build of the n4 as well, not to mention how slippery it is! So I ordered down one of those ballistic cases.

Although it hides the beautiful design of the phone, I'm confident that it's well protected now!

Another advantage of that case is the added bulk which makes it easier to hold.

A disadvantage, obviously, is because of this bulk, it's hard to slip into your jeans pocket. Otherwise, I love the thing 8-)

Mine fell twice, both times from around 5 feet due to stupidity :oops: ....not a scratch :D

J453
Sweet on this forum

Postby J453 » May 21st, 2013, 7:30 am

DRS2442 wrote:Glad to see that there are other Nexus 4 owners here in T&T. I just ordered mine, fingers crossed it'll get past google's checks lol
You ordered direct from Play Store?

J453
Sweet on this forum

Postby J453 » May 21st, 2013, 11:41 am

Mine hasn't fallen yet *knock on wood* But I have a rearth ringke slim case with a matte black finish on it so the body is protected from scratches and the likes. Not too sure how much fall protection it offers though. I was looking at some awesome skins on dbrand.com that protect the back and could be used along with a bumper while giving the phone a nice look and feel as the skins are textured. I'm seriously considering doing that if I can find out how to get that skin ordered. Anyone find somewhere locally carrying any kind of N4 accessories?

DRS2442
Ricer

Postby DRS2442 » May 21st, 2013, 11:48 am

J453 wrote:
DRS2442 wrote:Glad to see that there are other Nexus 4 owners here in T&T. I just ordered mine, fingers crossed it'll get past google's checks lol

Yeah, I just hope these people release it :( It's saying it will ship on the 23rd, my order is still "processing" from wallet.

Captain Awesome wrote:Nexus 4 owner here. I bought the Poetic bumper and installed from day one with screen protector. Haven't dropped it at all so no cracking issues but I've read enough horror stories online that now makes me extra careful.

Specs and performance are top notch. Rooted and boot loader unlocked running paranoid android, THE best experience available for n4.

How's that bumper going? It looks like mine will be naked for a little while before I get a case, but I'm terrified of the bumpers. And what about those cases that chip the chrome rim?

And a few general questions guys:

Did you cut your sim card yourself?
Do you recommend getting a new micro sim vs cutting your own?

I can't remember what else I have to ask now lol

J453
Sweet on this forum

Postby J453 » May 21st, 2013, 12:25 pm

I should've tried the play store instead of buying from a seller on Amazon and paying an extra $50 for nothing. Then getting abused with taxes from customs. Not trying to scare you or anything, just putting it out there.
As I said above I have a slim case on mine that I got on Amazon as I couldn't get the official bumper and the reviews of the Poetic one said it was somewhat defective and came apart after a while. I guess Captain Awesome would know better since he owns and uses one. And I'm looking into the bumper and dbrand skin as I also mentioned above. There are quite a few viable options for cases according to your personal preference whether you want to show off the beauty of the phone while still offering some kind of protection or whether you want maximum protection which hides the phone and adds some bulk.
As for the micro sim question, I'll try to answer both at once. I would recommend it provided you have a steady hand, a sharp scissors or other cutting device and any kind of fine abrasive (nail file, sand paper, etc). Bmobile will charge only $25 for a sim swap to a micro sim. I went to an external bmobile dealer who tried to charge me $50 as I would admit I was a little scared of cutting it myself and didn't wanna make the trip to the mall and wait for my number to call just to get a sim swap. Anyway, long story short I did it myself (not quite as savagely as described above lol) and it works fine. Do a simple Google search and you will find several sites that provide a printable template and walk you through the cutting process. I found it to be quite simple and very quick. Up to you what you want to do but I hope my info was helpful.

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » May 21st, 2013, 1:13 pm

why don't ppl who make very long posts use paragraphs? smh

DRS2442
Ricer

Postby DRS2442 » May 21st, 2013, 2:22 pm

J453 wrote:I should've tried the play store instead of buying from a seller on Amazon and paying an extra $50 for nothing. Then getting abused with taxes from customs. Not trying to scare you or anything, just putting it out there.

I think amazon is better, the play store has me in suspension, cuz I'm really not supposed to be able to get it from there. It comes for the same price though, I payed $340.77 for my 8gb version, Taxes nd their mandatory 2 day shipping, so you really end up paying like $5 to $15 dollars more on amazon.

Yes, I payed $14 US for 2day shipping [and my order is still "processing" after 1 day] and about 27$ in taxes. Someone's bringing it for me, so thats a bit of a relief.. kinda scared of customs attacking the phone like savage beasts, and bussin price in similar fashion lol

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 21st, 2013, 2:27 pm

honda hoe wrote:why don't ppl who make very long posts use paragraphs? smh

X2

J453
Sweet on this forum

Postby J453 » May 21st, 2013, 4:36 pm

Why do people who post not capitalise the first letter of their sentences? Especially when they have no meaningful contribution to make to the discussion thread...
Have a nice day everybody :)

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » May 21st, 2013, 4:50 pm

J453 wrote:Why do people who post not capitalise the first letter of their sentences? Especially when they have no meaningful contribution to make to the discussion thread...
Have a nice day everybody :)

It's not necessary. This ain't English class. It's just that the sheit you post becomes difficult to follow on a phone screen.

sent via carrier pigeon

DRS2442
Ricer

Postby DRS2442 » May 21st, 2013, 6:16 pm

Whoa.

Play Nice? loll

Has anyone else been able to get the full play store without a VPN? I want to know if anyone else has a different method. I have it, and I use it from my tab, but when I do on my computer, even with my VPN on for purchases, I always get an error, saying purchase couldn't be processed, blahblahblah

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » May 21st, 2013, 7:32 pm

J453 wrote:Mine hasn't fallen yet *knock on wood* But I have a rearth ringke slim case with a matte black finish on it so the body is protected from scratches and the likes. Not too sure how much fall protection it offers though. I was looking at some awesome skins on dbrand.com that protect the back and could be used along with a bumper while giving the phone a nice look and feel as the skins are textured. I'm seriously considering doing that if I can find out how to get that skin ordered. Anyone find somewhere locally carrying any kind of N4 accessories?

Here are some photos of the case I use..

http://www.amazon.com/Ballistic-SG1098-M005-Series-Case-NEXUS/dp/B00B5SCDN8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369179102&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus+4+ballistic+shell+gel+sg+series+case

Captain Awesome
Sweet on this forum

Postby Captain Awesome » May 21st, 2013, 8:25 pm

DRS2442 wrote:
J453 wrote:

Yeah, I just hope these people release it :( It's saying it will ship on the 23rd, my order is still "processing" from wallet.

Captain Awesome wrote:Nexus 4 owner here. I bought the Poetic bumper and installed from day one with screen protector. Haven't dropped it at all so no cracking issues but I've read enough horror stories online that now makes me extra careful.

How's that bumper going? It looks like mine will be naked for a little while before I get a case, but I'm terrified of the bumpers. And what about those cases that chip the chrome rim?

And a few general questions guys:

Did you cut your sim card yourself?
Do you recommend getting a new micro sim vs cutting your own?

I can't remember what else I have to ask now lol

Bumper is going strong. The original version of the bumper that they released had the separation problem but that issue was rectified in a subsequent version. Pretty much any unit bought after February would be fine.

Yes I cut it myself. It's really easy I borrowed the tool from a friend. This Sim is many years old, the same one I got when TSTT changed over all their customers from tdma to gsm so you shouldn't have any issues.

Just FYI, I ordered from eBay as I didn't feel like fighting up with play store. Plus if you contract the seller before purchase you can request that no invoice be sent with the device. This means you can attach any value to the item you want. My unit cost me $100tt in freight and customs, vat charges.

J453
Sweet on this forum

Postby J453 » May 21st, 2013, 8:48 pm

@Captain, Ah yes. I completely forgot about a sim cutter. I did mine the old fashioned way. But if you have access to the micro sim cutter it's definitely easier. Cutting it with the tool also enables the use of an adapter in case you have to revert to regular sim size at any time... don't know if I'm that lucky.

@DRS2442, As for accessing the play store I did once on my laptop and saw the devices and accessories for sale. But I only went to see if they were in stock and didn't try to make an actual purchase. If you don't mind me asking how do you do it on your tab and what type of tab?

@Jonathon, nice pics. I'm sure that case offers top notch protection and as you mentioned adds some grip to the phone itself, I'll try to upload some pics of mine with the slim case on it even though my posts aren't very appreciated lol.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using TriniTuner mobile app

J453
Sweet on this forum

Postby J453 » May 21st, 2013, 8:59 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
Just FYI, I ordered from eBay as I didn't feel like fighting up with play store. Plus if you contract the seller before purchase you can request that no invoice be sent with the device. This means you can attach any value to the item you want. My unit cost me $100tt in freight and customs, vat charges.

^ That's a really useful piece of information. I wish I knew that before I ordered mine from Amazon. I ended up getting shaft in customs (> $500). Have to keep that in mind.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using TriniTuner mobile app

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 21st, 2013, 9:21 pm

Good God. that case is insane. :shock:

DRS2442
Ricer

Postby DRS2442 » May 21st, 2013, 9:44 pm

J453 wrote:@DRS2442, As for accessing the play store I did once on my laptop and saw the devices and accessories for sale. But I only went to see if they were in stock and didn't try to make an actual purchase. If you don't mind me asking how do you do it on your tab and what type of tab?

That was quite an adventure, but I basically used a VPN called ProxMate, and I had to make a new google account, and.. well.. it works from there.. somehow my account is recognized as a US account, regardless of whether I use a VPN or not, I have full play store access :| I will dig into this as soon as Google ships my N4 lol

Captain Awesome wrote:Bumper is going strong. The original version of the bumper that they released had the separation problem but that issue was rectified in a subsequent version. Pretty much any unit bought after February would be fine.

Yes I cut it myself. It's really easy I borrowed the tool from a friend. This Sim is many years old, the same one I got when TSTT changed over all their customers from tdma to gsm so you shouldn't have any issues.

Okay Well I already ordered a case similar to the one Jonathan has, hope it gets here before my N4 does.

If I had known that eBay trick, I would have done that, its way less hassle and stress that Google putting my poor excited soul through. At least its a back up plan now. I expected that customs would charge at least 800$ for this phone, which is why I decided to have someone bring it for me. *fingers crossed*

How about those who change cases frequently, has the rim around the front of your N4 begun to chip? The SGS2 had this problem as I switched cases.. or rather I caused that problem.. I was just wondering if the same applies here.

BrandoHD
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BrandoHD » May 21st, 2013, 10:01 pm

DRS2442 wrote:
J453 wrote:@DRS2442, As for accessing the play store I did once on my laptop and saw the devices and accessories for sale. But I only went to see if they were in stock and didn't try to make an actual purchase. If you don't mind me asking how do you do it on your tab and what type of tab?

That was quite an adventure, but I basically used a VPN called ProxMate, and I had to make a new google account, and.. well.. it works from there.. somehow my account is recognized as a US account, regardless of whether I use a VPN or not, I have full play store access :| I will dig into this as soon as Google ships my N4 lol

Captain Awesome wrote:Bumper is going strong. The original version of the bumper that they released had the separation problem but that issue was rectified in a subsequent version. Pretty much any unit bought after February would be fine.

Okay Well I already ordered a case similar to the one Jonathan has, hope it gets here before my N4 does.

If I had known that eBay trick, I would have done that, its way less hassle and stress that Google putting my poor excited soul through. At least its a back up plan now. I expected that customs would charge at least 800$ for this phone, which is why I decided to have someone bring it for me. *fingers crossed*

How about those who change cases frequently, has the rim around the front of your N4 begun to chip? The SGS2 had this problem as I switched cases.. or rather I caused that problem.. I was just wondering if the same applies here.

Don't dig into anything or raise any alarms, it's a glitch on Google’s side, and you didn't have to use a new account to do it, once certain steps are followed, it somehow flips a switch on their servers and you get full access to the play store, and it sticks, VPN or not, you guys should be on Google Plus more, this is widely known over there.....

DRS2442
Ricer

Postby DRS2442 » May 21st, 2013, 10:14 pm

BrandoHD wrote:Don't dig into anything or raise any alarms, it's a glitch on Google’s side, and you didn't have to use a new account to do it, once certain steps are followed, it somehow flips a switch on their servers and you get full access to the play store, and it sticks, VPN or not, you guys should be on Google Plus more, this is widely known over there.....

I actually made a Community on Google Plus for T&T Android users lol

The interesting thing is that I followed the same steps when making another account for someone, but the full play store only appears on the pc, and not on his tab, unlike mine, which shows in both places.

I've really never seen a working tutorial on this, because a lot of Google's protocols have changed since Feburary, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place..?

I'm not sure if I could add links, but here goes: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 5558193862

When I use the VPN while on my "Trini" account, it doesn't switch to the Full Playstore, just usual apps..

kevin5211
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kevin5211 » May 21st, 2013, 10:53 pm

Heard rumors that s4 software upgrades coming for the s3 soon. Anybody else heard it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using TriniTuner mobile app

iamblessed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby iamblessed » May 22nd, 2013, 4:27 am

Can any1 here with a nexus 4 who maybe doing orders or ordered personally.....order a nexus 4 case and screen protector for me please?I keep searching and no luck.my credit card is out of money.It was just the card from republic bank.The debit card.Please pm me so we can link up.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » May 22nd, 2013, 5:12 am

iamblessed wrote:Can any1 here with a nexus 4 who maybe doing orders or ordered personally.....order a nexus 4 case and screen protector for me please?I keep searching and no luck.my credit card is out of money.It was just the card from republic bank.The debit card.Please pm me so we can link up.

Sell phone. Buy case

sent via carrier pigeon

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » May 22nd, 2013, 8:39 am

Anybody try this app yet? Seems to be gaining popularity. Tried to install it and use my phone number but getting a message that it can't be verified.

I also get that message when trying to use my number for 2 step verification with Google. Weird...

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/22/mess ... n=Engadget

DRS2442
Ricer

Postby DRS2442 » May 22nd, 2013, 8:51 am

Okay so good news. My order shipped this morning [last night/yesterday evening according to UPS] but I got the email at 4am this morning. So my transaction did go through, my personally linked phone is coming from google. *begins to wine*

Even more shocking, it shipped yesterday evening fron KY and its on the van for delivery today in NY. Kinda sounds like websource skybox style xD [sometimes I didnt even get the invoice yet and they poppin infront my house :| ]

Aside from that, it's pretty clear now that my case won't be here until after the phone. I will say nothing more, so as to not cause any unexpected occurances that would leave me in tears.

*EDIT*

It was delivered today, so I should get it here soon hopefully. So I've succeeded in buying a device from the play store [although they havent fully charged my card yet :| ]
Excuse my happiness, this is a milestone for me.
Last edited by DRS2442 on May 22nd, 2013, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Awesome
Sweet on this forum

Postby Captain Awesome » May 22nd, 2013, 9:32 am

^^Just be very careful till case arrives. Or alternatively, just leave it in the box till it does!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”