Forums

*** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Re: *** THE OFFICIAL HOME THEATER & AUDIO THREAD**

Postby scotty_buttons » January 4th, 2021, 9:44 pm

slickrick777 wrote:also the subwoofer is wireless so can place that anywhere with a plug..lol

How’s the sub performance ?

Was contemplating the Bose wireless 700 setup but this looks a decent alternative.
There’s also a jbl bar 9.1 as well.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » January 4th, 2021, 9:46 pm

Yeh Duane... The side speakers have a battery on them and plug into the main soundbar to recharge or can recharge using a micro USB. When detached, the satellites can be used as SL and SR speakers for a 5.1 true wireless setup.
slickrick777 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
slickrick777 wrote:Got this recently, sounds good enough for my small room, plus the rear speakers can unplug and set behind for more immersive surround, not bad!20201228_172514~2.jpeg

Cool
Can you explain “unplug and set behind”?

Can remove the sides speakers of the main unit and place behind for surround sound, descent feature dont see in much sound bars out atm!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 4th, 2021, 9:47 pm

^ ohhhh now I understand

so do those speakers play different audio when they are upfront and plugged in vs when they are detached?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » January 4th, 2021, 9:52 pm

I believe it functions as a full soundbar when connected.

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » January 5th, 2021, 11:36 am

scotty_buttons wrote:
slickrick777 wrote:also the subwoofer is wireless so can place that anywhere with a plug..lol

Was contemplating the Bose wireless 700 setup but this looks a decent alternative.

Yup 9.1 was out of my range as I know I already had to pay some serious shipping on this since it was about 45lbs or so to ship so I had to cut back where needed..lol, plus the small room I am in this work out perfectly, the sub blows the currently pc speakers (z5500) one away and my bros z906 as well..lol, Its more of a car audio smooth bassline sub firing downward towards the floor and port faced backwards...the mids is very clean as well as would have been expected, I do however prefer the Movie mode for playing audio as well as its utilizes all speakers compared to the other mods and bass sounds waye more better...lol

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » January 5th, 2021, 11:47 am

Good to know man. More than ever I am thinking about taking the plunge to get one.

It's no surprise that the bass from JBL is substantial. Their speakers are usually high quality as are their headphone. I'm on my second set of JBL ear buds and the sound quality is amazing. It's also surprising to know just how much bass these lil ear buds can reproduce.

slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby slickrick777 » January 5th, 2021, 1:38 pm

lol, well.ponder on a 10" sub, that will truly amaze ur ear drums..lol

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » January 5th, 2021, 2:39 pm

slickrick777 wrote:lol, well.ponder on a 10" sub, that will truly amaze ur ear drums..lol
Aye. Can you tell me what are the dimensions of the soundbar with the two satellites connected and the dimensions without the satellites connected?

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 5th, 2021, 8:45 pm

Mecali's post now has me wondering to continue looking for a good pair of old school speakers

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 5th, 2021, 9:03 pm

So the world gone totally processed sound now

Single pair speaker systems are in the minority now

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » January 5th, 2021, 11:47 pm

Bookshelf or floorstanding
SR wrote:Mecali's post now has me wondering to continue looking for a good pair of old school speakers

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 6th, 2021, 6:21 am

Floor standing there isnt a bookshelf that can handle the power of the mcintosh

Everything is still for sale though until i source or build a pair

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » January 6th, 2021, 11:06 pm

What is the output power of the amplifier?
SR wrote:Floor standing there isnt a bookshelf that can handle the power of the mcintosh

Everything is still for sale though until i source or build a pair

GLANIMAL
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GLANIMAL » January 7th, 2021, 10:57 am

scotty_buttons wrote:

I have a full ht sueeound system via avr amps sibs etc...

I demoed jbl...bose 700 and 709 module..the samsung q90r...sonos..lg meridian..not the arc

Hands down sound quality and bass ...the bose is the best..i was impressed...i always thought bose was overpeiced garbage..but this changes my mind..the bose is dts and virtual..but man..damn does it sound good with bass...for something that is not dolby atmos...it is really the best sounding in all aspects.. I would choose it over any of those mentioned if i was going a minimal tv living room route

Conrad
punchin NOS

Postby Conrad » January 7th, 2021, 11:46 am

Anyone has a AVR for sale from a reputable brand?

Looking for at least 5.1
4K 120 (at least 4K 60) pass through
Decent output on the satelite channels

kaiger
Riding on 13's

Postby kaiger » January 27th, 2021, 7:33 am

onkyo speakers for sale after receiver died. 12" sub. center missing in pic, cup is for size reference. 8 speakers for $800. msg 680-2378 for deets.
1530542206.jpeg

reynold1
Street 2NR

Postby reynold1 » January 27th, 2021, 9:30 am

Conrad wrote:Anyone has a AVR for sale from a reputable brand?

Looking for at least 5.1
4K 120 (at least 4K 60) pass through
Decent output on the satelite channels

/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=758345

kaiger
Riding on 13's

Postby kaiger » February 7th, 2021, 8:53 am

sold!!
kaiger wrote:onkyo speakers for sale after receiver died. 12" sub. center missing in pic, cup is for size reference. 8 speakers for $800. msg 680-2378 for deets.
1530542206.jpeg
Last edited by kaiger on February 7th, 2021, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 13th, 2021, 11:06 pm

Hello guys.

Posting a question on a specific item hoping to get some suggestions.

I have a definitive technology supercube 2000. There is a red power light which is usually solid when on and with signal.

I've just noticed today that the light in pulsing (blinking) and not solid and there is no sound from the subwoofer. If I fiddle around with the signal cord, there is some slight sound, almost as if the sub "wants to play" but nothing more.

Any ideas on what that could be? Is it a faulty amplifier? Blown fuse? Damaged component?

Any help would be appreciated.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » February 14th, 2021, 8:35 pm

carluva wrote:Hello guys.

Posting a question on a specific item hoping to get some suggestions.

I have a definitive technology supercube 2000. There is a red power light which is usually solid when on and with signal.

I've just noticed today that the light in pulsing (blinking) and not solid and there is no sound from the subwoofer. If I fiddle around with the signal cord, there is some slight sound, almost as if the sub "wants to play" but nothing more.

Any ideas on what that could be? Is it a faulty amplifier? Blown fuse? Damaged component?

Any help would be appreciated.

Saw this online...

I just picked up on two Super Cube III’s and both had the same problem with no sound but the subwoofers turning on (led light coming on). I found the same thing wrong with both. The problem was the subwoofer level adjustment dual 5k ohm variable resistor was completely open. It wasn’t dirty but completely open. Temporarily I jumped the legs normally shorted and on the other leg soldered a 2.5k resistor in place. The cube powered up and sounded great. Ordered the parts for the repair and should have them tomorrow. Hope this helps

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » February 15th, 2021, 4:00 pm

Yup, I saw that as well gladiator. Not much out there on the www related to this. I sent an email to deftech so I'll wait and see before opening up the subwoofer.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » February 17th, 2021, 7:43 pm

https://www.facebook.com/streamlinesyst ... 748077146/

USED OPPORTUNITY
Marantz SR8012 Flagship receiver
$16,000 TTD

11.2 channel AV Receiver with 205W per channel !
Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2), DTS:X™, and Auro-3D built-in

$16,000 TTD
Call Customer 751-8001

wana-B-racer
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wana-B-racer » February 23rd, 2021, 10:05 am

TEAC A-H01 Integrated Amplifier and DAC
Features
Two Line in
Subwoofer Out
Optical In
etc
Great for desk top use or can power a living room setup for two channel audio.

$2500.00
791-2345

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » March 28th, 2021, 12:52 am

Currently doing a designated theater room, 150" screen, 4k...would appreciate any advice on the audio aspect. Room size roughly 15x27.

I'd really prefer not to have an AVR. Much rather something that can plug in via ARC HDMI directly to the projector. Running access pipes from the front to the middle and up into the ceiling and lighting troughs to hide wires, so wireless isn't a must, but I would prefer not needing to mount in wall or ceiling.
Not really a movie buff nor audiophile. Will mostly be used for football matches and formula 1 with the odd movie or netflix between, so don't care for atmos etc. 5.1 should be comfortably sufficient...any suggestions 2nrs?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 28th, 2021, 1:39 pm

I would recommend you go with a 7.1 setup. Atmos is pretty much standard now on newer AVRs. Invest in a good pair of speakers for your L/R channels and a good center channel. Klipsch, SVS and Emotiva available locally. You can get cheaper options for the surrounds. Go with diople surrounds if you can.

You can buy a powered Sub or build your own of you have the resources. I built my custom to the room. Also run ceiling speakers for the Atmos channels. Sounds much better than the atmos "ready" speakers.

If you interested in a set of used HT speakers PM me.

worksux101 wrote:Currently doing a designated theater room, 150" screen, 4k...would appreciate any advice on the audio aspect. Room size roughly 15x27.

I'd really prefer not to have an AVR. Much rather something that can plug in via ARC HDMI directly to the projector. Running access pipes from the front to the middle and up into the ceiling and lighting troughs to hide wires, so wireless isn't a must, but I would prefer not needing to mount in wall or ceiling.
Not really a movie buff nor audiophile. Will mostly be used for football matches and formula 1 with the odd movie or netflix between, so don't care for atmos etc. 5.1 should be comfortably sufficient...any suggestions 2nrs?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 28th, 2021, 2:05 pm

The man said he doesn't want an AVR or Atmos.

Since you are in the design and construction phase, to meet your initial requirements, consider a quality soundbar with subwoofer (even wireless). For what you are viewing, a good soundbar would be more than adequate for the experience.

However, as you get immersed in the sound, you'll likely find your taste and preferences expanding. In which case, later you may feel the need for an AVR and full speakers, perhaps even an amplifier. Therefore, plan the design with this in mind and install the cans for speakers and power at the right points throughout the room.

For a room of that size you may want at least 7 speakers in the future (perhaps 9) and two subwoofers. Plan your design thusly, run conduit with fish lines and cans in the wall with blank covers for now. In fact, if you don't like the blanks, leave the can, stuff if with some cement bag paper and plaster over it. Later on, just tap the location with a hammer to reveal your can. Also, put receptacles at locations throughout the room, especially close to subwoofer locations. Gladiator is right... Plan for ceiling speakers later and at those locations, frame the area around the can to support the weight of a speaker.

Crutchfield, Dolby, DTS and Audessey all have resources online which show speaker locations for multiple setups, so these can be referenced to figure out you locations.
Gladiator wrote:I would recommend you go with a 7.1 setup. Atmos is pretty much standard now on newer AVRs. Invest in a good pair of speakers for your L/R channels and a good center channel. Klipsch, SVS and Emotiva available locally. You can get cheaper options for the surrounds. Go with diople surrounds if you can.

You can buy a powered Sub or build your own of you have the resources. I built my custom to the room. Also run ceiling speakers for the Atmos channels. Sounds much better than the atmos "ready" speakers.

worksux101 wrote:Currently doing a designated theater room, 150" screen, 4k...would appreciate any advice on the audio aspect. Room size roughly 15x27.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 28th, 2021, 7:54 pm

That's why I recommended an AVR... he will buy a sound bar and in that size room it would loss away real fast then he would realize it is not enough and end up buying an AVR anyway. The AVR would also handle the video distribution and the HDMI-CEC control synchronization.

So its better advice to get the AVR from now and plan for it in the build and saying you don't want atmos is like saying i want a new car but dont want power windows.... it is pretty much standard.

carluva wrote:The man said he doesn't want an AVR or Atmos.

Since you are in the design and construction phase, to meet your initial requirements, consider a quality soundbar with subwoofer (even wireless). For what you are viewing, a good soundbar would be more than adequate for the experience.

However, as you get immersed in the sound, you'll likely find your taste and preferences expanding. In which case, later you may feel the need for an AVR and full speakers, perhaps even an amplifier. Therefore, plan the design with this in mind and install the cans for speakers and power at the right points throughout the room.

For a room of that size you may want at least 7 speakers in the future (perhaps 9) and two subwoofers. Plan your design thusly, run conduit with fish lines and cans in the wall with blank covers for now. In fact, if you don't like the blanks, leave the can, stuff if with some cement bag paper and plaster over it. Later on, just tap the location with a hammer to reveal your can. Also, put receptacles at locations throughout the room, especially close to subwoofer locations. Gladiator is right... Plan for ceiling speakers later and at those locations, frame the area around the can to support the weight of a speaker.

Crutchfield, Dolby, DTS and Audessey all have resources online which show speaker locations for multiple setups, so these can be referenced to figure out you locations.
Gladiator wrote:I would recommend you go with a 7.1 setup. Atmos is pretty much standard now on newer AVRs. Invest in a good pair of speakers for your L/R channels and a good center channel. Klipsch, SVS and Emotiva available locally. You can get cheaper options for the surrounds. Go with diople surrounds if you can.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 28th, 2021, 8:48 pm

Ah... Understood and fair points. Concur with your reasoning.
Gladiator wrote:That's why I recommended an AVR... he will buy a sound bar and in that size room it would loss away real fast then he would realize it is not enough and end up buying an AVR anyway. The AVR would also handle the video distribution and the HDMI-CEC control synchronization.

So its better advice to get the AVR from now and plan for it in the build and saying you don't want atmos is like saying i want a new car but dont want power windows.... it is pretty much standard.

carluva wrote:The man said he doesn't want an AVR or Atmos.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » April 2nd, 2021, 7:52 pm

Thanks much both.

I understand completely and that was the initial plan, however I'm trying to keep things as plug and play as possible. There are multiple soundbars with satellite speakers with rave reviews; was hoping someone had experience using one or more of them.

On the other side, where locally sells 4k projectors? In an ideal world I would've flown abroad and checked them in person , but for now I'm having to rely on online reviews.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 3rd, 2021, 9:37 am

If you insist, check out Nakamichi shockwafe and JBL 9.1 soundbar. Two stunning systems that have gotten fantastic reviews. Personally I haven't heard either but the reviews alone would justify a purchase not I was so inclined.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”