Forums

The | US Embassy | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

The | US Embassy | Thread

Postby SRASC » November 24th, 2009, 8:52 am

Available to the public online the 60 page document is an in depth investigation into the practices and compliance of the Embassy in Port of Spain with US immigration law.*

The document specifically addresses the policies of the consular section in refusing non immigrant visas.

It points specifically to what it calls 'routine refusals' that are not in compliance with the law.

It states "of special sensitivity are routine refusals for newly hired employees of known local and American companies going to the united states for training."

It adds "these knee jerk refusals have damaged relations with those companies, many of which do daily business with the Embassy."

The Report goes on to reject the reason given by the consular staff for such refusals. It says suspicion that an alien, after admission may be swayed to remain in the United States because of more favorable living conditions is not sufficient ground to refuse a visa as long as that person's intention is to return home.

The report also states that the consular section also routinely refused youthful applicants who have, with their families held US visas and complied with the terms of their visas all their lives. It adds, "but upon reaching maturity are suddenly viewed as intending immigrants for no apparent reason."

It says both the US Immigration and Nationality Act and the Foreign Affairs Manual argue against such refusals.

The reports recognise that all applicants can have dual intent; meaning that they may intend to immigrate to the US at some future date, but at the time of their visa application they intend only to visit temporarily. It says if such applicants can convince the interviewing officer that their intent is not to remain, then the visa should be issued.

The Office of the Inspector General advises that the Ambassador and the consular chief should circulate a detailed visa policy statement and instruction memo.

(via C News)

*Thanks Jonathan for finding the report
Last edited by SRASC on December 17th, 2009, 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » November 24th, 2009, 8:56 am

Motherfloodpucker :shock:

Damien
punchin NOS

Postby Damien » November 24th, 2009, 9:06 am

That going on long time bunch ah mc

A33_VQ35
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby A33_VQ35 » November 24th, 2009, 9:14 am

Nice very nice... Stick it to those Mofo's...

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » November 24th, 2009, 9:28 am

there is also a report lambasting the former Ambassador Roy Austin for flaunting official policy, failing to delegate responsibility and poor management..it even stated that the poor practices of the Embassy seem currently irredeemable

SUPAstarr
punchin NOS

Postby SUPAstarr » November 24th, 2009, 9:34 am

OK so we got a report, but what does this mean, how does it help besides jus makin what is already been takin place known..can this be turned into any form of action

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 24th, 2009, 10:00 am

don't blame the embassy - blame the Trinis who lie and decide to over stay their visa that makes it difficult for the rest of the country :x

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » November 24th, 2009, 10:08 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:don't blame the embassy - blame the Trinis who lie and decide to over stay their visa that makes it difficult for the rest of the country :x

Correct.......

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » November 24th, 2009, 10:10 am

^^ that Peter pay for Paul practice is so 18th century :?

evo-STI-k

Postby evo-STI-k » November 24th, 2009, 10:28 am

if they dont want you in their country What the arse yuh want tuh go there still for?

all yuh jess like damn Rejected Zen-ners! all yuh get blank at the door and vex!

:lol:

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » November 24th, 2009, 10:36 am

LMAO

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » November 24th, 2009, 10:36 am

man like RASC hiding so long from immigration :x he feel i didnt make him out when he come with meh red lobster ultimate platter :x
Last edited by AllTrac on November 24th, 2009, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

2 d Max Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Location: SMR Chase Village, 1 Minute North of Triangle. Open 7AM to 7PM. Call: 461-234

Postby 2 d Max Auto » November 24th, 2009, 10:36 am

The real question is, does the report solve anything?, or will it just sit on a desk or shelf somewhere and gather dust?

Can I "arm" myself with this report when seeking a visa? :?

evo-STI-k

Postby evo-STI-k » November 24th, 2009, 10:38 am

2 d Max Auto wrote:The real question is, does the report solve anything?, or will it just sit on a desk or shelf somewhere and gather dust?

why you fighting for a visa so????

if yuh get blanked , its their decision!, its their country, if they DONT want yuh there, - go buy a Hatian Refugee ticket and go by life boat!

good luck with that!

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » November 24th, 2009, 10:38 am

AllTrac wrote:man like RSAC hiding so long from immigration :x he feel i didnt make him out when he come with meh red lobster ultimate platter :x
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » November 24th, 2009, 11:25 am

evo-STI-k wrote:
2 d Max Auto wrote:The real question is, does the report solve anything?, or will it just sit on a desk or shelf somewhere and gather dust?

if yuh get blanked , its their decision!, its their country, if they DONT want yuh there, - go buy a Hatian Refugee ticket and go by life boat!

good luck with that!

The problem si that people have legit business in the US. I desperately need to send a guy for training and they denied his Visa, although he works for a US comnay and if he is not trained, it only hurts that US company. Real real foolishness.

`psycho
Ricer

Postby `psycho » November 24th, 2009, 11:39 am

anyone have the link to actual report, and not the cnc report?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 24th, 2009, 11:42 am

crazybalhead wrote:
evo-STI-k wrote:

good luck with that!

The problem si that people have legit business in the US. I desperately need to send a guy for training and they denied his Visa, although he works for a US comnay and if he is not trained, it only hurts that US company. Real real foolishness.

evo-stik on sour grapes - that is why all he can do is complain about T&T

we all have legit reasons to go to the US
the real problem is the ones who lie and make it bad for everyone else

they should free up the system but make the fine for deception very very high - $$$$$$

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 24th, 2009, 11:44 am

crazybalhead wrote:
evo-STI-k wrote:

good luck with that!

yuh know the experts here will always be the ones who have no facking clue about who it affects and how. leff dem bray.
sigh.

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » November 24th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:
evo-STI-k wrote:

good luck with that!

evo-stik on sour grapes - that is why all he can do is complain about T&T

we all have legit reasons to go to the US
the real problem is the ones who lie and make it bad for everyone else

they should free up the system but make the fine for deception very very high - $$$$$$

Agreed, high fine because you know they saving $$ to bring back down.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » November 24th, 2009, 12:11 pm

Man in the workshop not living up to his potential because of this. And when he is trained we can utilise his training in Brazil, and other countries in South America. It will also free up another colleague to travel worldwide.

Stupid fvckers. Even with a letter from the Western hemisphere manager, they still denied him, because he is young and does not have much savings. Well the man working hard for it!!!!! Yuh dotish fawkers, and is YOUR revenue yuh losing!!!!!!!

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » November 24th, 2009, 12:12 pm

larafan wrote:ah looking for ah guyanese to marrid for green card, willing to pay the 10KUSD

:shock:

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » November 24th, 2009, 12:15 pm

`psycho wrote:anyone have the link to actual report, and not the cnc report?

http://oig.state.gov/documents/organization/129778.pdf

I read it, they got problems yes.. :lol:

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » November 24th, 2009, 12:15 pm

Trac...like yuh putting on the lipstick and heading down by the seawahl now!

+G0thiC_CitY+
Street 2NR

Postby +G0thiC_CitY+ » November 24th, 2009, 12:16 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:don't blame the embassy - blame the Trinis who lie and decide to over stay their visa that makes it difficult for the rest of the country :x

oh plezz!!...who other people dont do that in other country...dem effing us officers feel dey breeeding a different air in trinidad..want to play tanto in trinidad & their country always on terror alert..ugh!!
sweet T&T for me wee..

Sky
punchin NOS

Postby Sky » November 24th, 2009, 12:20 pm

^^ And who say other countries getting through easier?

+G0thiC_CitY+
Street 2NR

Postby +G0thiC_CitY+ » November 24th, 2009, 12:23 pm

Sky wrote:^^ And who say other countries getting through easier?

and dem guyanese does over stay dey time here ...does it make it bad for the rest of dem?..cuz like it have a million more everyday at side rd in town..

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » November 24th, 2009, 12:25 pm

crazybalhead wrote:Trac...like yuh putting on the lipstick and heading down by the seawahl now!

hadda get that residency boi

bigga514
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bigga514 » November 24th, 2009, 12:45 pm

said it b4 ima say it again firetruck the U.S.A, if you gotta go for business training cool but otherwise boycott that MF! they takin alluh money and laughing...

evo-STI-k

Postby evo-STI-k » November 24th, 2009, 1:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ me on sour grapes!

i just beyotch cause apparently the masses in trinidad are too stupid to vote for their betterment and are apprantly happy with things the way they are.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”