Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Richard Coer de Poulet
Ricer

Re: Energy Sector Thread - Operators, Engineers, Technicians Et Al

Postby Richard Coer de Poulet » April 6th, 2023, 8:47 am

nervewrecker wrote:
Richard Coer de Poulet wrote:Any good youtube videos for direct online starters? both Single phase and 3 phase? I am having trouble with controls

Take what you get online with a pinch of salt because its not always what you will meet out here. Has one guy that walks around with a picture of a DOL and when he meet a different type of contactor he spent half day and cant wire it. :lol: :lol: :drinking: :drinking:

yes is dat self cus nesc give me the notes but i having problems "seeing" or understanding what is going on but eventually when i get experience as you guys i will gt. cus as u say the youtube vids kind of...off or hard to understand

Richard Coer de Poulet
Ricer

Postby Richard Coer de Poulet » April 6th, 2023, 8:48 am

alfa wrote:
Richard Coer de Poulet wrote:Any good youtube videos for direct online starters? both Single phase and 3 phase? I am having trouble with controls

https://youtu.be/imr3zBi3pCw
https://youtu.be/q_04g8AB8lk
First vid is about the control circuit while the next one is about the practical connection of same. Hopefully this helps

thanks alfa i watch the first the video it rel good, thanks hoss

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » April 6th, 2023, 9:29 am

Richard Coer de Poulet wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Im not an engineer, they just call me engineer.

In all fairness they limited to what they can do with this permit to work system. They do answer to someone and a lot of the younger engineers get blows from seniors who downright disregard their abilities or are resistant to change.

Same hurdles I face with men. Sometimes you report something and you get licks for it because someone saying you trying to make them look bad and them is pardners with the person you reporting it to. But you know me, persistent, I will find who wants to hear me and get things fixed. This same discussion came up just last week.

This is true is like the big bosses always reaching late and cant do nothing. my favorite is when dey like to quotes 'facts' and 'charts' etc and the data just wrong
I eh even have to ask what company you taking about....ik and 100% correct

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 9th, 2023, 2:28 pm

gastly369 wrote:
Richard Coer de Poulet wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Im not an engineer, they just call me engineer.

In all fairness they limited to what they can do with this permit to work system. They do answer to someone and a lot of the younger engineers get blows from seniors who downright disregard their abilities or are resistant to change.

Same hurdles I face with men. Sometimes you report something and you get licks for it because someone saying you trying to make them look bad and them is pardners with the person you reporting it to. But you know me, persistent, I will find who wants to hear me and get things fixed. This same discussion came up just last week.

This is true is like the big bosses always reaching late and cant do nothing. my favorite is when dey like to quotes 'facts' and 'charts' etc and the data just wrong
I eh even have to ask what company you taking about....ik and 100% correct
Buh whey you talking bout? Big boss was always early, only person earlier than me was him.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » April 10th, 2023, 5:04 am

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » April 16th, 2023, 9:42 am

Cantmis wrote:https://trinidadexpress.com/business/local/oil-production-lowest-in-a-generation/article_ee7d40aa-d67e-11ed-b4e3-33cd4f803dfb.amp.html

Not just Oil, Its gas too, NGC struggling to supply its users and they trying to keep this away from media attention. Most plants gas contracts are up for renewal this year and next year. Will be a shitshow when this get media attention and plants have to Shutdown. They already sharing VSEP in LNG and planning to shutdown a next train.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 16th, 2023, 3:58 pm

mad wrote:
Cantmis wrote:https://trinidadexpress.com/business/local/oil-production-lowest-in-a-generation/article_ee7d40aa-d67e-11ed-b4e3-33cd4f803dfb.amp.html

Not just Oil, Its gas too, NGC struggling to supply its users and they trying to keep this away from media attention. Most plants gas contracts are up for renewal this year and next year. Will be a shitshow when this get media attention and plants have to Shutdown. They already sharing VSEP in LNG and planning to shutdown a next train.
A next train? Wow.

Makes sense of they not getting tru with dragon gas

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 16th, 2023, 5:28 pm

But ent lng recently had shutdown or still have shutdown going on? Cuz I see a set of massy men fixing something in there this week and massy men all over. Scaffolding set up all over like them straw thing the little men like to build in fraggle rock.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » April 17th, 2023, 9:25 pm

sMASH wrote:
mad wrote:

A next train? Wow.

Makes sense of they not getting tru with dragon gas

Dragon Gas will never materialize unless sanctions are lifted entirely and not for just 2 years. There is no way infrastructure will be laid out before 2 years for us to even get a taste of that gas. And that's including running pipeline subsea.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » April 17th, 2023, 9:28 pm

nervewrecker wrote:But ent lng recently had shutdown or still have shutdown going on? Cuz I see a set of massy men fixing something in there this week and massy men all over. Scaffolding set up all over like them straw thing the little men like to build in fraggle rock.

Well I can't answer that, but if they are thinking about mothballing another train a lot of preparations will have to take place during this process, and that's if it they go this way.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 17th, 2023, 9:31 pm

Keet went ahead and did a 300m tar on tr1 to shut it down.

So, Tar nutting.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 18th, 2023, 7:04 am

When is election?

Everything will have to be nice for election, lng will be booming, point Lisa's will have gas like that.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » April 19th, 2023, 9:23 pm

What's with all these gas curtailments !

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 20th, 2023, 5:54 am

I think was something about trying to jack up prices from supply and demand.

Richard Coer de Poulet
Ricer

Postby Richard Coer de Poulet » April 27th, 2023, 11:35 am

Anybody have any pdf, powerpoint docs etc. related to PLEA passport exams?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 27th, 2023, 2:21 pm

Richard Coer de Poulet wrote:Anybody have any pdf, powerpoint docs etc. related to PLEA passport exams?
Went on line snd studied all materials there.
It had practice exams too.

I think is energy chsmber website

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » April 27th, 2023, 4:35 pm

Richard Coer de Poulet wrote:Anybody have any pdf, powerpoint docs etc. related to PLEA passport exams?

Its on the site, if that exam takes you more than 3 minutes to do then yuh plating de rass

jcrew
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jcrew » April 27th, 2023, 10:20 pm

mad wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:But ent lng recently had shutdown or still have shutdown going on? Cuz I see a set of massy men fixing something in there this week and massy men all over. Scaffolding set up all over like them straw thing the little men like to build in fraggle rock.

Well I can't answer that, but if they are thinking about mothballing another train a lot of preparations will have to take place during this process, and that's if it they go this way.

They are shutting down for planned maintenance works on T2

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 28th, 2023, 9:34 am

jcrew wrote:
mad wrote:

so did tr1

jcrew
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jcrew » April 28th, 2023, 1:47 pm

sMASH wrote:
jcrew wrote:
mad wrote:

so did tr1
no train 1 was end of 20 year life and govt negotiation for renewal of gas contract. T2 is just planned maintenance. No negotiations. Shareholder owns these not Trinidad has no shares on this train. So the shareholders will always have gas for this train and Train 3

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 28th, 2023, 3:11 pm

jcrew wrote:
sMASH wrote:
jcrew wrote:
mad wrote:

so did tr1
no train 1 was end of 20 year life and govt negotiation for renewal of gas contract. T2 is just planned maintenance. No negotiations. Shareholder owns these not Trinidad has no shares on this train. So the shareholders will always have gas for this train and Train 3
Very well.
Unless, the shareholders gstting solar panel contracts, and transitioning out of the gas business...

shaha87
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shaha87 » April 30th, 2023, 5:17 pm

I hope this is the right place to ask this so I’ll ask. Does anyone know of any machinists looking for work? I know someone who has a couple of openings. Send PM and I’ll connect you with him.

Richard Coer de Poulet
Ricer

Postby Richard Coer de Poulet » May 29th, 2023, 1:15 pm

what is your opinion of CCC? has anybody of note has a CCC qualification or risen to the top?

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » June 16th, 2023, 12:16 pm

Venezuela bets on gas to revive its deteriorated economy

medium_2023-06-15-3d2b348b27.jpg

(Bloomberg Opinion) — Venezuela, the beleaguered oil giant that has become the poorest nation in South America, sees an economic lifeline beneath the warm, blue waters of the Caribbean.

Bloomberg’s Most Read

Just 50 kilometers from Caracas are the second largest natural gas reserves in the Western Hemisphere. However, Venezuela has never exported a molecule of that fuel. Now, with the nation’s oil industry in shambles, President Nicolás Maduro is putting in place a far-reaching gamble to harness those vast deposits to jump-start an economy ravaged by defaulted debt, rampant inflation and US sanctions.

The government reached an agreement with Spain’s Repsol SA and Italy’s Eni SpA to increase gas production from their operations in Venezuela and export the surplus to Europe, according to people familiar with the matter. Last month, a government delegation traveled to London to meet with a company to discuss the possibility of certifying the country’s gas fields in accordance with international standards. In addition, authorities are pushing to build pipelines to an export terminal in Trinidad and Tobago and find ways to capture much of the gas Venezuela is spewing into the atmosphere through flaring and leaking.

Eni and Repsol declined to comment. Venezuela’s oil ministry did not respond to a request for comment.

The ambitions make economic sense: there is strong demand from European nations looking to replace Russian supplies, and Venezuela wastes more gas through flaring and leaking than the UK produces in an average year, the equivalent of around US$1 billion of fuel per year. Exports could provide valuable dollars to an economy that has shrunk by two-thirds since 2013 amid the collapse of its currency.

Read more

It would also be an incredibly difficult move in a country where major energy companies have seen billions of dollars in investment expropriated without compensation, where anti-democratic government stances have led to harsh sanctions, and where infrastructure needs extensive improvements to begin with. to work again. Just to get gas exports up and running would require some US$500 million in investment, according to energy research group IPD Latin America.

“Given the risk and political complexity involved, the negotiations will be a unique challenge,” said David Voght, managing director of IPD Latin America.

Maduro shows little interest in making the kind of political concessions that could reduce sanctions, such as allowing independent election observers to be present or removing obstacles to previously barred candidates running in the elections. However, European Union officials seeking new gas supplies have expressed support for Venezuela’s ambitions, partly because of the environmental benefits of ending flaring and emissions. The US has given the go-ahead for Trinidad and Tobago to start talks with Maduro on an offshore natural gas export deal, in an effort to increase energy security in the Caribbean.

Given that most Western oil and gas companies would not sign a deal with Venezuela without US assurances that they will not be subject to sanctions, the Biden Administration may be willing to give the go-ahead to help ensure security. European energy. Venezuelan law also allows foreign gas companies to operate independently in Venezuela, making it more attractive than the oil industry, which requires partnering with state-owned companies.

“All over the world there would be investors interested in entering or returning to Venezuela; the question is at what pace would they invest in the country’s energy sector,” said Adrián Lara, principal oil and gas analyst for Latin America at consultancy Wood Mackenzie. “The road to recovery in Venezuela’s hydrocarbon production will not be a quick process, even if the political climate improves and the US eases sanctions.”

It could be a fortuitous time for Venezuela to increase its gas supplies. Latin American demand will grow 1.4% a year over the next decade, while regional production will fall at an annual rate of 5.6%, according to Wood Mackenzie forecasts. Countries such as Trinidad and Tobago, Colombia and Bolivia are expected to be especially hungry for supplies. On the other side of the Atlantic, European governments, suffering from a lack of Russian gas, are focusing on filling their tanks to 90% before next winter.
--

And the domestic market is also starving for supply. The gas shortage is so severe in Venezuela that a large part of the population is forced to cook with firewood.

However, there is no way that Venezuela can make significant progress in gas exports without finding companies willing to invest. And while Venezuela’s reserves are huge, authorities are in talks with London-based Geoex MCG to map the gas fields and certify their potential. The plan is to put the data up for sale to potential growers starting next year.

Venezuela already has the largest proven oil reserves in the world and pumped 3 million barrels a day. But after years of economic mismanagement, incompetence at the state oil company and sanctions, the country now produces just 735,000 barrels a day, according to data compiled by OPEC.

Venezuelan authorities are focusing on three key projects to kick-start their gas ambitions. The first would be to reach an agreement with Repsol and Eni to start exporting from their Cardón IV project, off the Caribbean coast. This would cap a 17-year effort by the two companies, which began exploring in Venezuela in 2006 and discovered gas in 2009.

The second is to capture the gas that Venezuela flares because it does not have enough processing facilities, making the country the eighth worst polluter in the world in terms of methane emissions, according to a 2022 report from the International Energy Agency.

Maduro has asked Repsol and France’s Maurel et Prom to sign contracts to overhaul outdated compression plants to capture the gas, according to people with knowledge.

The third project is an agreement with Trinidad and Tobago to send gas from Venezuela abroad. It would allow Trinidad and Tobago’s state-owned Atlantic LNG Co. to process 295 million cubic feet a day of gas in joint ventures with BP Plc and Shell, and then export it to the Caribbean and Europe. Four wells have already been drilled, but a gas pipeline and other infrastructure need to be completed, at an estimated cost of US$200 million. Lara estimates that exports could begin within four to seven years if an agreement is reached.

The time is right to try to seize this opportunity with gas, according to Francisco Monaldi, a Latin American energy policy researcher at Rice University’s Baker Institute for Public Policy.

“Venezuela’s Caribbean coast gas projects offer natural gas export options for more than a decade of development,” Monaldi said. “The alternative for Venezuela is to do nothing and not monetize anything for many years. Venezuela would thus lose a great opportunity to obtain billions in investments.

Original Note: Venezuela Makes Long-Shot Bid to Revive Ruined Economy With Gas

–With contributions from Simon Casey and Joe Carroll.
https://euro.eseuro.com/trends/475975.html

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » June 19th, 2023, 4:15 pm

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 20th, 2023, 8:53 am

Hot surface hot enough to ignite - red flag for design

Not depressuring and draining combustible substances to a safe location- red flag fir procedure/training/instructions

Ambulance taking 3hrs to reach when it should be less than 5 - red flag for safety compliance

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 20th, 2023, 9:22 am

sMASH wrote:Hot surface hot enough to ignite - red flag for design

Not depressuring and draining combustible substances to a safe location- red flag fir procedure/training/instructions

Ambulance taking 3hrs to reach when it should be less than 5 - red flag for safety compliance
Epidemiology AND industry best practices? Is there anything this tuner doesn't do?

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » June 20th, 2023, 10:28 am

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/massy-w ... bd1182bc0e

He was working at the facility and encountered a process leak where naphtha would have sprayed onto the worker and he would have lit afire. What would have caused the ignition, I’m not sure. After he would have been ablaze, he was advised by persons on site to jump and they will catch him. After he proceeded to jump, they failed to catch him or failed to catch him properly and, as a result of that, he sustained further injuries by falling onto the floor.” Jackman said he was told the jump was from roughly ten feet high.

Interested to hear the take on this from the more versed folks in here (nervewrecker ? Others?).

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 20th, 2023, 10:41 am

wing wrote:
sMASH wrote:Hot surface hot enough to ignite - red flag for design

Epidemiology AND industry best practices? Is there anything this tuner doesn't do?
Ur mommy, cause i have standards

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 22nd, 2023, 6:05 am

Alpha_2nr wrote:https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/massy-worker-injured-in-blaze-dies-6.2.1734186.bd1182bc0e

He was working at the facility and encountered a process leak where naphtha would have sprayed onto the worker and he would have lit afire. What would have caused the ignition, I’m not sure. After he would have been ablaze, he was advised by persons on site to jump and they will catch him. After he proceeded to jump, they failed to catch him or failed to catch him properly and, as a result of that, he sustained further injuries by falling onto the floor.” Jackman said he was told the jump was from roughly ten feet high.

Interested to hear the take on this from the more versed folks in here (nervewrecker ? Others?).

Unfortunately, I cant comment. MEES has docs with my name on it prohibiting me talking about anything work related, same for the next guy working niquan. PS I don't work there, MEES said I not good enough for them. :idea:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”