The Religion Discussion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: The Religion Discussion

Postby matr1x » January 19th, 2022, 1:18 pm

timelapse wrote:
matr1x wrote:That take holy and make it holey.

But isn't Venezuela a devout catholic country. Tell you alot.

And middle east too. Tells you plenty
South American Catholics a lil weird They have the whole Santaria faction aka Spanish obeah

All of the localized catholic faiths like that. Especially in the Phillipines.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » January 19th, 2022, 2:11 pm

timelapse wrote:
bluefete wrote:
York wrote:
bluefete wrote:
Rovin wrote:man big fontin n ting ... i supposed dise for d ppl with poor eyesight orrr

1 lil post i make last wk bout somebody playing a song & look at how it brought back life to this topic ...

Well, you should be glad.

I am sure many people, including Muslims, were enlightened by what you wrote, and the discussion it engendered.
The early Christians used to sing the Psalms much like reciting the Quran.
What you quoted from Matthew was not in formal worship setting, so again it could like how Muslims recite the verses of God, the Quran.

Singing was not formally introduced into Christian worship until the 16th Century, why? And maybe it existed before that but after their meetings after they had their meals. So again not in formal worship.

Singing and reciting are two different things as has been established. Who knows what the original language in the Bible really referred to? Is it singing or reciting? And I don't think musical instruments were included or were commanded.

The yardstick being used is the practise of the followers not the scripture itself and the command or practise of the prophets. Innovation creeps in brought upon by influence of the culture and society. Just like formal gospel music developed together with the music industry of the 20th century.

When Christians introduced music in their worship sessions does not change what went before.

Jesus was a Jew and followed Jewish practices. Whether in a formal or informal setting does not change the fact the Jesus and his disciples SANG together.

Like I stated before, depending on which branch / sect of the religion you grew up in - if you sing, is hell fire and eternal damnation for you.

So people who say that singing is of and from the devil must explain why God gave us voices that can be used to both sing and recite. SMDH
Muslims say Jesus was a Muslim...
He was a prophet named Isa.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 19th, 2022, 2:14 pm

Dave wrote:
timelapse wrote:
bluefete wrote:
York wrote:
bluefete wrote:
Rovin wrote:man big fontin n ting ... i supposed dise for d ppl with poor eyesight orrr

1 lil post i make last wk bout somebody playing a song & look at how it brought back life to this topic ...

Well, you should be glad.

I am sure many people, including Muslims, were enlightened by what you wrote, and the discussion it engendered.
The early Christians used to sing the Psalms much like reciting the Quran.
What you quoted from Matthew was not in formal worship setting, so again it could like how Muslims recite the verses of God, the Quran.

Singing was not formally introduced into Christian worship until the 16th Century, why? And maybe it existed before that but after their meetings after they had their meals. So again not in formal worship.

Singing and reciting are two different things as has been established. Who knows what the original language in the Bible really referred to? Is it singing or reciting? And I don't think musical instruments were included or were commanded.

The yardstick being used is the practise of the followers not the scripture itself and the command or practise of the prophets. Innovation creeps in brought upon by influence of the culture and society. Just like formal gospel music developed together with the music industry of the 20th century.

When Christians introduced music in their worship sessions does not change what went before.

Jesus was a Jew and followed Jewish practices. Whether in a formal or informal setting does not change the fact the Jesus and his disciples SANG together.

Like I stated before, depending on which branch / sect of the religion you grew up in - if you sing, is hell fire and eternal damnation for you.

So people who say that singing is of and from the devil must explain why God gave us voices that can be used to both sing and recite. SMDH
Muslims say Jesus was a Muslim...
He was a prophet named Isa.
Pics or it didn't happen

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » January 19th, 2022, 2:37 pm

Lol scriptures. Most Islamic books contain words, never seen any pictures but that's a whole other story.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 19th, 2022, 3:26 pm

if people werent allowed to sing then people who could draw were probably viewed as evil shaytans come to corrupt the hearts and minds of the believers.

no illustrations allowed!

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 19th, 2022, 3:32 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:if people werent allowed to sing then people who could draw were probably viewed as evil shaytans come to corrupt the hearts and minds of the believers.

Except the illustrations of plant life which was allowed.

Now as a religious belief, if it's followers believe in violence and aggressive domination of population where they go, tells you alot of their faith.

Queue the sex attacks on old years day in European cities by gangs of Muslim youth.

one eye
3NE 2NR for life

Postby one eye » January 19th, 2022, 3:53 pm

John 14:6 KJV - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:7 KJV - If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Baptists, Catholics, Hindus, Judaists, Mormons, Muslims, Sikhs and all others, you will not inherit the kingdom of God if you continue to reject Jesus Christ.

It is not okay to be a hindu.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 19th, 2022, 4:14 pm

You know none of the other religions care to inherit the kingdom where jesus is god right....

So that threat make no sense.

Is like telling a man who don't drink alcohol that if he dont behave good he won't get any alcohol to drink.

He eh care.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » January 19th, 2022, 4:29 pm

You are right. Christians and the various sects that follow the Bible know this. .

GOD him/her/it self said clearly that Satan has dominion of the earth, can't remember where but its there!
timelapse wrote:Oh wait, I broke character.
Ave Satanis!!!!!
Satan rules this world!!!!

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » January 19th, 2022, 7:59 pm

bluefete wrote:So people who say that singing is of and from the devil must explain why God gave us voices that can be used to both sing and recite. SMDH
Simple, it’s a test of how you choose to use it. A choice just like good or evil.

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » January 19th, 2022, 8:01 pm

one eye wrote:John 14:6 KJV - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:7 KJV - If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Baptists, Catholics, Hindus, Judaists, Mormons, Muslims, Sikhs and all others, you will not inherit the kingdom of God if you continue to reject Jesus Christ.

It is not okay to be a hindu.
in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king?

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » January 19th, 2022, 8:14 pm

bluefete wrote:Matthew 26:

29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Did Jesus say here that he stop drinking wine until after the Resurrection in Heaven with his followers? If they really followed him, would they have been required to stop drinking wine too?

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » January 20th, 2022, 1:45 am

matr1x wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:if people werent allowed to sing then people who could draw were probably viewed as evil shaytans come to corrupt the hearts and minds of the believers. no illustrations allowed!

Now as a religious belief, if it's followers believe in violence and aggressive domination of population where they go, tells you alot of their faith.
Queue the sex attacks on old years day in European cities by gangs of Muslim youth.

"There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Tâghût (anything worshipped other than the Real God (Allâh)) and believes in Allâh, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Knower."

https://quran.com/2/256

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 20th, 2022, 6:52 am

FrankChag wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:if people werent allowed to sing then people who could draw were probably viewed as evil shaytans come to corrupt the hearts and minds of the believers. no illustrations allowed!

"There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Tâghût (anything worshipped other than the Real God (Allâh)) and believes in Allâh, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Knower."

Nice try, but when your clerics and leaders are preaching the violence and your own book condemning non believers, you do realize it reeks of hypocrisy?

You judge a religion by the actions of its followers. When people make excuses, they are enabling the bad behavior.

This goes for Christianity too.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 20th, 2022, 8:02 am

TBH, I went to a Muslim primary school.My dad's family is Muslim, my mom's Hindu.
From an early age, I would keep hearing from the Muslim kids and teachers that such and such is a sin,and that God would punish me for doing this or that.I wasn't going to live my life like that.
Not that anything wrong with the religion, but that kind of constant fear of punishment isn't a life worth living IMHO

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » January 20th, 2022, 10:30 am

matr1x wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
matr1x wrote:

Nice try, but when your clerics and leaders are preaching the violence and your own book condemning non believers, you do realize it reeks of hypocrisy?

You judge a religion by the actions of its followers. When people make excuses, they are enabling the bad behavior.

Should we judge your mother by your behavoiur?

Unfortunately, you are mistaking Islaam and Muslims for the idiots like the extreme shia, and isis and other khawarij dogs.

You should learn more:
http://shia.BS/
http://www.islamagainstextremism.com/

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » January 20th, 2022, 10:56 am

timelapse wrote:TBH, I went to a Muslim primary school.My dad's family is Muslim, my mom's Hindu.
From an early age, I would keep hearing from the Muslim kids and teachers that such and such is a sin,and that God would punish me for doing this or that.I wasn't going to live my life like that.
Not that anything wrong with the religion, but that kind of constant fear of punishment isn't a life worth living IMHO

Another ASJA failing?

The Muslim's heart lives between Love, Fear and Hope in Allaah. Never extreme in either direction of fear and hope: never extremely fearful doubting His Mercy, and never extremely hopeful and doubting His Punishment.

"And of mankind are some who take (for worship) others besides Allâh as rivals1 (to Allâh). They love them as they love Allâh. But those who believe, love Allâh more (than anything else). If only, those who do wrong could see, when they will see the torment, that all power belongs to Allâh and that Allâh is Severe in punishment." https://quran.com/2/165

"And do not do mischief on the earth, after it has been set in order, and invoke Him with fear and hope. Surely, Allâh’s Mercy is (ever) near unto the good-doers." https://quran.com/7/56

"Their sides forsake their beds, to invoke their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend (in charity in Allâh’s Cause) out of what We have bestowed on them" https://quran.com/32/16

"So We answered his call, and We bestowed upon him Yahyâ (John), and cured his wife (to bear a child) for him. Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear, and used to humble themselves before Us." https://quran.com/21/90

"...Verily, your Lord is Quick in Retribution (for the disobedient, wicked) and certainly He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (for the obedient and those who beg Allâh’s Forgiveness). " https://quran.com/7/167

"Say: "O ‘Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh: verily, Allâh forgives all sins. Truly He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful" https://quran.com/39/53

https://abdurrahman.org/2014/09/04/riya ... apter-051/
https://salaficentre.com/2020/12/25/the ... -faatihah/
https://abdurrahman.org/2014/01/27/lovefearhope/

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 20th, 2022, 11:05 am

FrankChag wrote:
matr1x wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
matr1x wrote:

Unfortunately, you are mistaking Islaam and Muslims for the idiots like the extreme shia, and isis and other khawarij dogs.

You should learn more:

There is never condemnation, so yes, judge the religion by its followers

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » January 20th, 2022, 11:15 am

matr1x wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
matr1x wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
matr1x wrote:

You should learn more:

There is never condemnation, so yes, judge the religion by its followers

How fortunate for the rest of us then that your opinion has no bearing.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 20th, 2022, 11:23 am

Well given to the amount of terrorism, killing of gays, secretarial violence, and other horrors, all followers of the religion are to blame. If you are finding excuses, you are part of the problem.

It's needs to be treated like neo nazism. No place in a civilized society.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » January 20th, 2022, 12:17 pm

matr1x wrote:Well given to the amount of terrorism, killing of gays, secretarial violence, and other horrors, all followers of the religion are to blame. If you are finding excuses, you are part of the problem.

It's needs to be treated like neo nazism. No place in a civilized society.

laisse tomber... my executive assistant is a very happy camper, I'll have you know.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » January 20th, 2022, 12:27 pm

Secreterian violence. Autocorrect decided it wanted to play.

The fact you no flaws in your religion, shows how deluded you are

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 20th, 2022, 1:49 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:if people werent allowed to sing then people who could draw were probably viewed as evil shaytans come to corrupt the hearts and minds of the believers.

I remember in primary school - Std. 3-4, there were some fellers who used to draw the comics of the day in class - Avengers, Iron-Man etc.

Top class work at that age.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 20th, 2022, 1:51 pm

York wrote:
bluefete wrote:Matthew 26:

29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Did Jesus say here that he stop drinking wine until after the Resurrection in Heaven with his followers? If they really followed him, would they have been required to stop drinking wine too?

Nope. Some things the disciples were not ready to go through at the same time as jesus.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 20th, 2022, 1:56 pm

Did Jesus go to India?

Most people do not know that India and Africa are mentioned in the Bible.

Some people say that the mention of India in the Bible is a mis-translation.

HOWEVER, the Jews and Jesus's disciples, in the time of Jesus, were well aware of reincarnation.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 20th, 2022, 2:47 pm

bluefete wrote:Did Jesus go to India?

Most people do not know that India and Africa are mentioned in the Bible.

Some people say that the mention of India in the Bible is a mis-translation.

HOWEVER, the Jews and Jesus's disciples, in the time of Jesus, were well aware of reincarnation.

I hear about this all the time.I'll ask you what I ask them all.What difference does it make?
If L. Ron Hubbard went to India,or Jerusalem or Mecca, what difference does it make?
Should we all be scientologists now?

one eye
3NE 2NR for life

Postby one eye » January 20th, 2022, 2:48 pm

Username Phone Surgeon if they don't care to inherit the kingdom of God they will inherit the kingdom of the devil and will be tortured for eternity.

Alcohol is what UNC hindus bask themselves in.

It is a grave sin that offends the Father.

Matthew 13:42 KJV - And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Matthew 13:43 KJV - Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 20th, 2022, 3:35 pm

cool story bro

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » January 20th, 2022, 3:58 pm

This is a very long thread, has anyone posted proof god exists yet?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 20th, 2022, 4:41 pm

abducted wrote:This is a very long thread, has anyone posted proof god exists yet?

Look in the mirror. You will see all the proof you need.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”