Forums

The Religion Discussion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: The Religion Discussion

Postby mero » March 21st, 2022, 6:08 pm

timelapse wrote:Thank you Mero.My interests in spiritualism have been rekindled.May we both find the answers we seek
I now see this eh, glad I can be of assistance some way on your spiritual /religious journey.

Lost my way with religion some time now. Even become an edgy atheist for a while cuz I thought it was cool and was a smart ass

Then after some rather profound psychedelic experiences that don't even make sense even if I write it open me up more to the concept of God, the universe, existence, consciousness and spirituality

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » March 27th, 2022, 6:28 am

mero wrote:
timelapse wrote:Thank you Mero.My interests in spiritualism have been rekindled.May we both find the answers we seek
I now see this eh, glad I can be of assistance some way on your spiritual /religious journey.

Lost my way with religion some time now. Even become an edgy atheist for a while cuz I thought it was cool and was a smart ass

Then after some rather profound psychedelic experiences that don't even make sense even if I write it open me up more to the concept of God, the universe, existence, consciousness and spirituality

They call it "one step forward, ten steps back".
Just because something doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 27th, 2022, 6:43 am

Kasey wrote:
mero wrote:

Just because something doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.
Its just another step on an existential journey.I have been going through a long period of doubt.In looking through some things that I wanted to share with Mero, my own interest rekindled.In my experience, about 75% of spiritual experience will find you.The other 25% you have to seek it,and prepare yourself to understand it.I stopped seeking, so I stopped seeing the spiritual around me.That kind of knowledge comes in countless forms.You just need eyes that see to see it.(Yeah I borrowed from the Bible there).
I am back on my path again.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » March 27th, 2022, 7:05 am

The line between the truth and lie is so thin. When you realise what is truth you will marvel as to how this could have escaped you all your life. So close…so simple…yet so far

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 27th, 2022, 6:01 pm

https://www.bartehrman.com/did-the-resu ... annahjames

Link to sign up to a debate on the resurrection of the Christ.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » March 27th, 2022, 8:37 pm

mero wrote:

So religion turned you away and atheism brought you back? I guess it's true that if you really love something you have to let it go.

mero

Postby mero » March 28th, 2022, 9:00 am

Kasey wrote:
mero wrote:

Nah it made sense. It's just hard to put things in words for those who never experienced those things.

mero

Postby mero » March 28th, 2022, 9:17 am

timelapse wrote:
Kasey wrote:
mero wrote:

Its just another step on an existential journey.I have been going through a long period of doubt.In looking through some things that I wanted to share with Mero, my own interest rekindled.In my experience, about 75% of spiritual experience will find you.The other 25% you have to seek it,and prepare yourself to understand it.I stopped seeking, so I stopped seeing the spiritual around me.That kind of knowledge comes in countless forms.You just need eyes that see to see it.(Yeah I borrowed from the Bible there).

timelapse wrote:
Kasey wrote:
mero wrote:

Yuh know i think religion is fine. Most, if not all of us were raised in religious-ish enough homes to receive a good foundation on God, right /wrong, Heaven and hell.

Its just mankind and those who obsess and take everything word word who mold their religion into God.

Curious to hear about your experience/a that cemented your faith in your religion. U ever unmistakenly felt/seen your Gods' presence?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 28th, 2022, 9:21 am

Me or Kasey?

mero

Postby mero » March 28th, 2022, 9:41 am

U. Quote sheit jn dey hard luck

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 28th, 2022, 11:05 am

Here's a story, hopefully as short as I can make it.
My dad is Muslim, my mom is Sanathanist Hindu.The regular run of the mill kind of Trini Hindu where Ramayana, Vishnu and Hanuman reign supreme.The kind that steers clear of mysticism.Mom decided it best that I be exposed to both religions and choose for myself whenever I was ready for that.I went to a Muslim primary and secondary school, and went to the mosque until standard 4 when a teacher p1ssed me off.I went to numerous Hindu/Muslim/Christian/Orisha prayers, weddings etc over that part of my life with my parents and grandparents, neighbours etc.

Other side of this story known only to a few close family members.Growing up, I used to see things that nobody else could see.People and animal type creatures.I was deadly afraid of curtains open at night.Schizophrenia runs on my dad's side,so I was a flaming red flag.I went to many professionals that ruled out the schizophrenia and summed it up to an overactive imagination.I started ignoring those things.

Fast forward a decade.Secondary school,girls,Grunge and heavy metal.Those things occupied my social time.Due to a hereditary seratonin deficiency, I struggled with suicidal depression.Nobody knew this except me.

I am literally wondering if to put this part.Some IRL friends I have here might treat me diffently .

2003, After one bad week, akin to the Joker movie's one bad day,I was going to off myself one day by jumping off the flyover unto moving traffic, yeah d1ck move,I know.
A literal vagrant, the nastiest, grimiest vagrant you could find, talked me out of it.He just happened to be passing there.Anybody would see the vagrant,I saw Lord Shiva, plain as day.After that, he literally hijacked my life.Dreams, visions, you name it, He has been my guide through all this madness called life ever since.
Some years after,a freak gravel accident almost took my life on the highway.The lady that got me out of the car had a Trishul tattoo between her eyebrows.I must have imagined it, but she said to me that I also needed 'Shakti' in my life.
While this was going on, the last phone number that called me that day was an acquaintance that I randomly went on a hike with the day before.Somebody called her when they stopped to assist me.She literally left work, and stayed with me in the hospital until they told her she had to leave.A virtual stranger, who is now my wife and has been my strength ever since.
I didn't go looking for any of this.Anybody that knows me IRL can tell you that I am not that type of person, but after a while, the writing on the wall gets too obvious to ignore.I try not to talk about it, but if it makes someone else going through similar situations not feel like they are not alone,I am happy for the good it may bring.
After thought: Before anyone says that I was on drugs. The weed use came long after,very recently actually.Covid gave me anxiety issues,as my dad was stranded in Mexico while borders were closed.You may have seen me complaining on that thread.I have never tried other drugs.My addiction is Redbull,as anybody can tell you.

mero

Postby mero » March 28th, 2022, 8:52 pm

Thanks for the write up. I start a reply like twice during the day and get caught up and never finish. Interesting to hear how vivid your experiences were esp on a sober mind.

All my super vivid Godlike entity experiences inclusive of the giant Hindu god shooting loving warming and humbling light from its stomach against the wind in the sky and telling me to let go of things which I allowed to control me all came from tripping some level on shrooms etc.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 28th, 2022, 10:11 pm

timelapse wrote:Here's a story, hopefully as short as I can make it.
My dad is Muslim, my mom is Sanathanist Hindu.The regular run of the mill kind of Trini Hindu where Ramayana, Vishnu and Hanuman reign supreme.The kind that steers clear of mysticism.Mom decided it best that I be exposed to both religions and choose for myself whenever I was ready for that.I went to a Muslim primary and secondary school, and went to the mosque until standard 4 when a teacher p1ssed me off.I went to numerous Hindu/Muslim/Christian/Orisha prayers, weddings etc over that part of my life with my parents and grandparents, neighbours etc.

Other side of this story known only to a few close family members.Growing up, I used to see things that nobody else could see.People and animal type creatures.I was deadly afraid of curtains open at night.Schizophrenia runs on my dad's side,so I was a flaming red flag.I went to many professionals that ruled out the schizophrenia and summed it up to an overactive imagination.I started ignoring those things.

Fast forward a decade.Secondary school,girls,Grunge and heavy metal.Those things occupied my social time.Due to a hereditary seratonin deficiency, I struggled with suicidal depression.Nobody knew this except me.

I am literally wondering if to put this part.Some IRL friends I have here might treat me diffently .

2003, After one bad week, akin to the Joker movie's one bad day,I was going to off myself one day by jumping off the flyover unto moving traffic, yeah d1ck move,I know.
A literal vagrant, the nastiest, grimiest vagrant you could find, talked me out of it.He just happened to be passing there.Anybody would see the vagrant,I saw Lord Shiva, plain as day.After that, he literally hijacked my life.Dreams, visions, you name it, He has been my guide through all this madness called life ever since.
Some years after,a freak gravel accident almost took my life on the highway.The lady that got me out of the car had a Trishul tattoo between her eyebrows.I must have imagined it, but she said to me that I also needed 'Shakti' in my life.
While this was going on, the last phone number that called me that day was an acquaintance that I randomly went on a hike with the day before.Somebody called her when they stopped to assist me.She literally left work, and stayed with me in the hospital until they told her she had to leave.A virtual stranger, who is now my wife and has been my strength ever since.
I didn't go looking for any of this.Anybody that knows me IRL can tell you that I am not that type of person, but after a while, the writing on the wall gets too obvious to ignore.I try not to talk about it, but if it makes someone else going through similar situations not feel like they are not alone,I am happy for the good it may bring.
After thought: Before anyone says that I was on drugs. The weed use came long after,very recently actually.Covid gave me anxiety issues,as my dad was stranded in Mexico while borders were closed.You may have seen me complaining on that thread.I have never tried other drugs.My addiction is Redbull,as anybody can tell you.

Thanks for sharing this, and wow. :shock:

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 29th, 2022, 7:28 am

Thanks for listening.Thats a weight lifted off my chest.These kinds of topics attract a lot of judgement and ridicule, which is why I don't talk about it.What it all means, I may never know.
Would love to hear about your experiences Mero, if you are ever comfortable talking about it.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 29th, 2022, 7:36 am

timelapse wrote:Thanks for listening.Thats a weight lifted off my chest.These kinds of topics attract a lot of judgement and ridicule, which is why I don't talk about it.What it all means, I may never know.
Would love to hear about your experiences Mero, if you are ever comfortable talking about it.

The sheitty thing about depression is that the person suffering from it frequently doesn't know.
I know you directed your question at mero, but many, many years ago when I was just starting out in life, I think I suffered bouts of depression, because life was tough, and things were hard for a young man with no social support systems (moved out at 22), and "advice" from partners was frequently "doh study it" take ah drink" and "it go pass" :?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 29th, 2022, 8:26 am

De Dragon wrote:
timelapse wrote:Thanks for listening.Thats a weight lifted off my chest.These kinds of topics attract a lot of judgement and ridicule, which is why I don't talk about it.What it all means, I may never know.

The sheitty thing about depression is that the person suffering from it frequently doesn't know.
I know you directed your question at mero, but many, many years ago when I was just starting out in life, I think I suffered bouts of depression, because life was tough, and things were hard for a young man with no social support systems (moved out at 22), and "advice" from partners was frequently "doh study it" take ah drink" and "it go pass" :?
Didn't want to sound like I fass.lol
Whoever feels comfortable enough to share go right ahead.
God, I hear you with that 'it go pass' nonsense

Kasey
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kasey » April 4th, 2022, 1:17 am

timelapse wrote:Here's a story, hopefully as short as I can make it.

Wow. Just wow. Thanks for sharing dude. Interesting indeed. Glad you found you found a life companion. MOST people are not so lucky at ALL.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » April 4th, 2022, 4:43 am

you all limit your life to be bounded within the pages of whatever religious text you believe in.muslim, hindus, christians all believe in some book that was written in ancient times. it is time to let the past die an live to your full potential. it is time to get rid of all religious books and use the places of worship as homeless shelters, soup kitchens in the name of helping humanity. do your part, let the past die, kill it if you have too by stop the organized religion BS

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 4th, 2022, 4:53 am

Do you believe there is something greater than you?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 4th, 2022, 7:13 am

Dave wrote:Do you believe there is something greater than you?
There are people greater than me,and people greater than them.We don't know what we don't know.To think otherwise is a construct of our own self inflated egos

matr1x

Postby matr1x » April 4th, 2022, 8:22 am

The fact that moderate Muslims did not protest at any of the terrorist attacks committed by their brethren and only concern discrimination against them shows they empathize with the terrorists.

It's Ramadan, so get ready because the kiddie gloves are coming off. The fact that they have not estranged the jamaat al muslimeen, says they agreed with the known terrorist cell

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 4th, 2022, 8:45 am

Dan you going to get banned again

matr1x

Postby matr1x » April 4th, 2022, 9:07 am

I am asking logical questions and pressing them on their moral hypocrisy.

Or are they too powerful to critique? Doh tell me the terrorists win

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Postby bamfo_dennis » April 4th, 2022, 9:52 am

boy i tell ah consipracy terrorist on d forum 2 stop huxxin d russian propaganda n go wash he hand n foot n go pray for ramadan n d mulsim moderatar delete meh comments dey.

dat was offensive 2 him.......2 tell ah man to stop talkin he conspiracy sheit n go pray instead. plenty offense. rel sensitive if u question muslim ppl bout logic n ting. either u get delete or d fanatic with d blue writing who does play forum imam go write all bout d make beleive stories from he tent in charlieville.

dis is offenive to muslims.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » April 4th, 2022, 4:48 pm

bamfo_dennis wrote:boy i tell ah consipracy terrorist on d forum 2 stop huxxin d russian propaganda n go wash he hand n foot n go pray for ramadan n d mulsim moderatar delete meh comments dey.

dat was offensive 2 him.......2 tell ah man to stop talkin he conspiracy sheit n go pray instead. plenty offense. rel sensitive if u question muslim ppl bout logic n ting. either u get delete or d fanatic with d blue writing who does play forum imam go write all bout d make beleive stories from he tent in charlieville.

dis is offenive to muslims.

Nice try to get me to tell you where my tent is.

Also, it shouldn't be offensive if you tell someone, honestly, to "go wash yuh hand an' foot and bounce yuh head on the ground a few times and pray for forgiveness..." Encouraging someone to pray is a good thing. /nosarc

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » April 4th, 2022, 5:02 pm

timelapse wrote:Dan you going to get banned again

Don't waste your time the character has time and hate to spare. Think he lost two cousins in 1990 or something so and still bitter

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 4th, 2022, 5:04 pm

matr1x wrote:The fact that moderate Muslims did not protest at any of the terrorist attacks committed by their brethren and only concern discrimination against them shows they empathize with the terrorists.

It's Ramadan, so get ready because the kiddie gloves are coming off. The fact that they have not estranged the jamaat al muslimeen, says they agreed with the known terrorist cell

moderate muslims need to get less moderate and more idealistic. is 1.3B of them... could do plenty with all that man power.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » April 4th, 2022, 5:14 pm

timelapse wrote:
There are people greater than me,and people greater than them.We don't know what we don't know.To think otherwise is a construct of our own self inflated egos

if you plant a seed and sit down an pray for which ever god to make it grow it wont but if you water it and look after it then it will grow so are you god ?

with or without god life goes on.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » April 4th, 2022, 5:18 pm

matr1x wrote:The fact that moderate Muslims did not protest at any of the terrorist attacks committed by their brethren and only concern discrimination against them shows they empathize with the terrorists.

That's false. {{see quotes in edit below, regarding Yasin}}

Terrorist ideologies of any kind (daesh, isis, proud boys, etc), and anyone who follows that ideology are dogs in the Hell Fire, and we (here in Trinidad, London, the States, Canada, etc) have always been saying this (even myself in this very thread if I'm not mistaken); but it seems that some bigoted people like to keep their comfortable screening bias that tells them that "all Muslims are terrorists" and refuse to accept the truth, and even help out the situation by sharing the correct position.

So again, you should read more..
and PLEASE, share with anyone you think is a terrorist apologizer or sympathizer, from the "jamatul muslimeen" to someone in your own jamaat spouting khariji, isis nonsense.

http://www.islamagainstextremism.com/
PDF: http://www.islamagainstextremism.com/dld.cfm?a=qxufgu

The Prophet Muhammad, salAllahu alayhi was sallam, said "There will appear at the end of time a people who are young of age, foolish-minded. They will speak with the best (and most-alluring) of speech (that is spoken) by people and will recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats. They will pass out of Islaam as the arrow passes through its game. Whoever meets them, let him kill them (ie in battle), for there is a reward for whoever kills them."

More from http://www.islamagainstextremism.com/

----

Regarding Yasin Abu Bakr (at the time), and only Allah knows his final situation: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=763894

FrankChag wrote:Subhan Allah this idiot again
Constantly besmirching the beautiful name of the great Companion Abu Bakr as-Siddiq (radhiAllahu anhu).

Embarrassing. Go learn your religion Yasin.

العِلْمُ قَبْلَ القَوْلِ وَالعَمَلِ
Knowledge Comes Before Speech and Action

FrankChag wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:bb4cb723-d738-480b-a7b7-994781dfe4c3.jpg
1f9055c4-ac18-4688-a3ed-1b501ede0729.jpg

Histrionics. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrioni ... y_disorder

If Yasin really wanted development and progress, he would dissolve the "jamaat al-muslimeen" cult (really jamaat al zanadiqa, ie heretics), and free the innocent people there from his sickness, and go learn his religion.

Everything he says seems to have a racial undertone. There is no racism in Islaam. He seems not to get that.

O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allâh is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqûn (pious – see V.2:2). Verily, Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Aware. ( Noble Qur’an 49:13)

Narrated by Abu huraira, The prophet peace be upon him said: “Truly, Allah does not look at your outward forms and wealth, but rather at your hearts and your works” (Sahih Muslim, 4.1389: hadith 2564)

In his final sermon the Prophet Muhammad, Allah’s Blessings and Peace be upon him, said:

There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab. Neither is the white superior over the black, nor is the black superior over the white except by piety.”

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 4th, 2022, 6:17 pm

daring dragoon wrote:
timelapse wrote:

if you plant a seed and sit down an pray for which ever god to make it grow it wont but if you water it and look after it then it will grow so are you god ?

with or without god life goes on.
God was sitting in Heaven one day when a scientist said to Him, "Lord, we

don't need you anymore. Science has finally figured out a way to create life

out of nothing. In other words, we can now do what you did in the 'beginning'."

"Oh, is that so? Tell me..." replied God.

"Well", said the scientist, "we can take dirt and form it into the likeness

of you and breathe life into it, thus creating man."

"Well, that's interesting. Show me. "

So the scientist bent down to the earth and started to mold the soil.

"Oh no, no, no..." interrupted God,

"Get your own dirt."

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”