The Religion Discussion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Religion Discussion

Postby bluefete » February 5th, 2023, 3:45 pm

Isn't this haram in Islam? Just asking.

29th April,2023, Hold on to your hearts... The first Islamic Concert ever to take place in Trinidad, Featuring P.E.A.C.E Forum. A night to remember... Book your spots now.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » February 5th, 2023, 3:50 pm

bluefete wrote:Isn't this haram in Islam? Just asking.

29th April,2023, Hold on to your hearts... The first Islamic Concert ever to take place in Trinidad, Featuring P.E.A.C.E Forum. A night to remember... Book your spots now.

Peace concert. What a joke.

Just like Sucess lavantille, it's a contradiction. Religion of peace. Right. Sure.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 5th, 2023, 6:19 pm

No stringed instruments and I think it ok

matr1x

Postby matr1x » February 5th, 2023, 6:59 pm

timelapse wrote:

I feel like going

:D

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 5th, 2023, 7:42 pm

matr1x wrote:
timelapse wrote:

I feel like going

Those things are actually quite decent to attend.No gunta behavior, security on point and nice clean fun.And food.Lots and lots like when Vevo cooks.

matr1x

Postby matr1x » February 6th, 2023, 5:28 am

timelapse wrote:
matr1x wrote:
timelapse wrote:

I feel like going

Those things are actually quite decent to attend.No gunta behavior, security on point and nice clean fun.And food.Lots and lots like when Vevo cooks.

I am sure the 3rd Reich parties were also similar

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » February 6th, 2023, 6:55 am

You know what's interesting, religious people say that science doesn't have all the answers but when covid came they throw out Jesus and accept all the answers of a fake science

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 6th, 2023, 6:56 am

matr1x wrote:
timelapse wrote:
matr1x wrote:
timelapse wrote:

I feel like going

I am sure the 3rd Reich parties were also similar
They were, except being overweight was frowned upon,so you wouldn't have gotten an invite.
Muslims don't fat shame, so you should be good.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 7th, 2023, 10:52 am

Mmoney607 wrote:You know what's interesting, religious people say that science doesn't have all the answers but when covid came they throw out Jesus and accept all the answers of a fake science

Fax

Science is the new religion and they can't see it.

Even before covid, as long as you say "ExPeRtS sAy" or "a StUdY hAs ShoWn" people will just eat it up wholesale :lol:

Brb, throwing out all my eggs because it has cholesterol which is evil. Frosted Mini Wheats are a healthier breakfast sCiEnTiStS sAy

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 7th, 2023, 9:19 pm

^^ LOL>

Dem mad no rass yes. (below). But it is the Anglican Church which formed so that it could regularize divorce.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... vices.html

Our non-gendered parent who art in heaven: Priests could stop using male pronouns 'He' and 'Him' when referring to God in prayers and drop phrase 'our Father' from the Lord's Prayer
7 February 2023 |

God could be referred to in 'non-gendered' terms during Church of England services for the first time, it can be revealed.

Breaking with centuries of tradition, bishops have announced they are launching a major 'project on gendered language' this spring.

It may suggest that priests can stop using the male pronouns 'He' and 'Him' when referring to God in some prayers, or even that they can drop the famous phrase 'our Father' from the start of the Lord's Prayer.

However, such a radical rewriting would have to be agreed by the whole of the church's governing body, the General Synod, and would be fiercely resisted by traditionalists for breaking away from the words of the Bible.

The landmark move has been revealed today in a question presented to the committee that develops the wording used in church services, called the Liturgical Commission.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » February 9th, 2023, 10:38 am

Dais it day!~
Soon they will drop the man in wo'man'.
Then change 'mother' nature .
And who approving these things?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » February 9th, 2023, 10:39 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:You know what's interesting, religious people say that science doesn't have all the answers but when covid came they throw out Jesus and accept all the answers of a fake science

Fax

Science is the new religion and they can't see it.

Even before covid, as long as you say "ExPeRtS sAy" or "a StUdY hAs ShoWn" people will just eat it up wholesale :lol:

Brb, throwing out all my eggs because it has cholesterol which is evil. Frosted Mini Wheats are a healthier breakfast sCiEnTiStS sAy

Preach!

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 17th, 2023, 5:12 pm

who fasting for shiv ratri

waking whole night tomorrow to pray

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » February 17th, 2023, 5:28 pm

paid_influencer wrote:who fasting for shiv ratri

How come shiv ratri does always fall carnival weekend thereabout, always wondered that?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 17th, 2023, 5:42 pm

baba say that Shiva is one of the more lenient gods. Some of the deities if you approach and did not fast plenty it will be very bad for you, but Shiva you can offer with a little bit of fasting and a genuine heart

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 17th, 2023, 6:44 pm

alfa wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:who fasting for shiv ratri

How come shiv ratri does always fall carnival weekend thereabout, always wondered that?

Religious festivals in varying regions are synced with the Earth's tilt seasons.
Human timekeeping on the whole is tied with the moon's cycles since prehistoric ages.
Religions also come and go since prehistory but religious authority have always been the tasked with the responsibility of a society's timekeeping.

Maha Shivaratri in India is set on the day before the new moon at one lunar month before the Spring Equinox in India. It signals the coming end of winter and warmer days from that point. Obviously a prehistory date of significance which Hinduism would create a mythology around.

Easter is also determined by the Spring Equinox. Like most Christian festivals, they just took the date of a previous Pagan festival and adopted it to their politics. So Easter falls on the first Full Moon after the Spring Equinox. It means Spring is definitely here and Winter is over. Which would also indicate to a civilization when to start planting food and running cattle. Working backward for fasting starting on Ash Wednesday, it works out to six and a half weeks aka one and a half lunar cycles in moon time keeping.... the same New Moon as the above festival date in India. And Carnival falls right before Ash Wednesday. Christians fast for Lent for six and a half weeks not counting Sundays which works out to be 40 days as in the Bible. The Church wrote these rules to sync with all of the above lunar and seasonal observations of reality.

A little more complication on the exactness of these dates is that the Hindu calendar is slightly different to the modern Gregorian calendar.

But TLDR: Religious festivals are based on the earth's seasons and synced with lunar timekeeping. So Spring festivals all over the Northern Hemisphere will line up within a time frame.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 17th, 2023, 7:05 pm

since u explaining things [or anybody else who knows d answer] how come eid used to be late in d year like around oct-nov but past few yrs it keeps moving up higher in d year like how this year its in april

no offense to anybody's religion but i sure many non-muslims wondering d same thing but too shy to ask ... :|

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » February 17th, 2023, 7:12 pm

Rovin wrote:since u explaining things [or anybody else who knows d answer] how come eid used to be late in d year like around oct-nov but past few yrs it keeps moving up higher in d year like how this year its in april

no offense to anybody's religion but i sure many non-muslims wondering d same thing but too shy to ask ... :|
It's based on the lunar calendar. The lunar calendar is 355 or 356 days. Therefore eid will advance 10 days each year according to the Gregorian calendar of 365/366 days. The information can also be found by searching on www.google.com.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 17th, 2023, 7:15 pm

paid_influencer wrote:baba say that Shiva is one of the more lenient gods. Some of the deities if you approach and did not fast plenty it will be very bad for you, but Shiva you can offer with a little bit of fasting and a genuine heart

not sure if u serious or not, maybe ur hoping so but from what i know shiva eh no lenient god, some call him d destroyer

anyway about d fasting part from small i was always a regular meat eater so i eh gonna force\mamaguy myself for however long 2-3 wks etc while i starving & thinking about it , 3 days good for me & like u say if u doing ur stuff with a clean heart\mind imo thats whats matters more ...
Last edited by Rovin on February 17th, 2023, 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 17th, 2023, 7:15 pm

Rovin wrote:since u explaining things [or anybody else who knows d answer] how come eid used to be late in d year like around oct-nov but past few yrs it keeps moving up higher in d year like how this year its in april

Islamic world calendar is strictly lunar and doesn't have leap years or many other corrections that the Julian and later Gregorian Calendar made to keep lunar time synced with earth's seasons. The planting season isn't exactly important in the middle of the desert where a nomadic civilization evolved. Eid would always take place on the 1st of a certain month, and since they just follow the moon without needing to sync the lunisolar seasonal time, it just goes in one big cycle like the days of the week, short 11 days every year.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 17th, 2023, 7:33 pm

what baba say was that certain rituals you could only do if you real ardent with your devotion. you need to do plenty japa (chanting), penance, hawan offering and fasting too, if you want to do the rituals for those particular dieties. like hanuman, i think he said. very strict with rituals.

is not like you could eat meat and drink rum today and tomorrow do those rituals. i mean you could nobody stopping you, but the outcome might not be good.

but baba say Shiva offering not that strict. you could start fasting today for the shiv ratri. the offering of water on the lingam will be accepted. I think that was the point, so we could tell ppl to start fasting if they ent start yet and observe it tomorrow (saturday night into sunday morning they will play it on radio)

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 22nd, 2023, 9:15 am

Boy isse rel feel sorry for that temple next to Royal Castle in Tunapuna around carnival.

That's the known buss-head corner and the most ghetto part of jouvert, and they does have to be doing prayers simultaneously.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 22nd, 2023, 10:29 am

It's Ash Wednesday today, start of Lent. No meat today for Catholics/Christians.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 22nd, 2023, 10:34 am

So they say.

Some of them does just fast from chicken and eat fish

Which isn't much of a sacrifice tbh....

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » February 22nd, 2023, 10:37 am

Fish price up ?

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » February 22nd, 2023, 2:10 pm

wing wrote:

It's based on the lunar calendar. The lunar calendar is 355 or 356 days. Therefore eid will advance 10 days each year according to the Gregorian calendar of 365/366 days. The information can also be found by searching on http://www.google.com.

or chatgpt

mero

Postby mero » February 23rd, 2023, 9:42 am

Cantmis wrote:Fish price up ?
Yup.

Made a bago trip last week, secured some load up country side

mero

Postby mero » February 23rd, 2023, 9:45 am