The Religion Discussion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Religion Discussion

Postby maj. tom » September 13th, 2022, 9:48 am

MG Man wrote:
FrankChag wrote:[size=114]The Creation itself is sufficient a proof for any thinking person...

[color=#076333]

.I stopped reading after that

Much that was called religion has carried an unconscious attitude of hostility toward life. True religion must teach that life is filled with joys pleasing to the eye of God, that knowledge without action is empty. All men must see that the teaching of religion by rules and rote is largely a hoax. The proper teaching is recognized with ease. You can know it without fail because it awakens within you that sensation which tells you this is something you've always known.

Some Lies are easier to believe than the truth.

- Orange Catholic Bible

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » September 13th, 2022, 11:58 am

FrankChag wrote:
matr1x wrote:All religions are often placed for criticism and ridicule, why should Islam be given any special treatment?

Now they feel very comfortable using violence to silence criticism and parody. This seems to be because they realize that western cultures retreat. What should happen is that when a terrorist attack happens, 100 mosques go up in flames. Don't come in and do your nonsense

matr1x wrote:And the foolish idea is don't judge a faith by the actions of its ppl. That's the very litmus test of a faith. How the people behave

What religion are you again? You legit sound like a terrorist.

Excuse Mr Lie o nel I mean matrix. He a lil sour since his cousin (I forgot the s) died in 911

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 13th, 2022, 1:15 pm

MG Man wrote:
FrankChag wrote:The Creation itself is sufficient a proof for any thinking person...

Probably like most in my demographic, I've been an armchair cosmologist for a long time. I've probably seen most quality youtube vids and doccos on the cosmos. I even dabble in some astronomy and astrophysics (I like pretending I understand the math). But what always amazes me is the elaborate dance that these immensely brilliant men and women perform when they're trying to theorize why, for no apparent reason (apropos of nothing), everything (so not just our observable universe, everything) simply sprung into existence from a tiniest nothing-dot of mass and energy. And even more so, why the initial conditions (matter and energy) and the expansion rate are so perfectly balanced that the universe kept on expanding and didn't collapse on itself. It's almost as if.. it was created... from nothing.

Because God-forbid someone theorizes (or even hypothesizes) that something created it. Taboo! Burn him at the stakes! /s

Sigh, in reality, atheists are the biggest fundies and hypocrites.

They are deaf, dumb, and blind, so they return not (to the Right Path).
https://quran.com/2/18
Last edited by FrankChag on September 13th, 2022, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 13th, 2022, 1:20 pm

alfa wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
matr1x wrote:All religions are often placed for criticism and ridicule, why should Islam be given any special treatment?

Now they feel very comfortable using violence to silence criticism and parody. This seems to be because they realize that western cultures retreat. What should happen is that when a terrorist attack happens, 100 mosques go up in flames. Don't come in and do your nonsense

matr1x wrote:And the foolish idea is don't judge a faith by the actions of its ppl. That's the very litmus test of a faith. How the people behave

Excuse Mr Lie o nel I mean matrix. He a lil sour since his cousin (I forgot the s) died in 911

The reason it wouldn't go up in flames is the west is civilized. A control on the faith should be considered. One major terrorist attack should be enough

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 13th, 2022, 1:23 pm

matr1x wrote:
alfa wrote:
FrankChag wrote:

The reason it wouldn't go up in flames is the west is civilized. A control on the faith should be considered. One major terrorist attack should be enough

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 13th, 2022, 1:26 pm

FrankChag wrote:
matr1x wrote:
alfa wrote:
FrankChag wrote:

Unless you support Sept 11. What about the sex attacks in 2019 by Islamic illegal immigrants?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 13th, 2022, 1:39 pm

FrankChag wrote:Sigh, in reality, people like frankchag are the biggest fundies and hypocrites.
[/color][/size]

fixed buddy

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 13th, 2022, 2:00 pm

MG Man wrote:
FrankChag wrote:Sigh, in reality, people like frankchag are the biggest fundies and hypocrites.
[/color][/size]

fixed buddy

The i'm-rubber-you're-glue defense... haven't seen that one in a while. Touché.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 13th, 2022, 2:05 pm

matr1x wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
matr1x wrote:
alfa wrote:
FrankChag wrote:

Unless you support Sept 11. What about the sex attacks in 2019 by Islamic illegal immigrants?

Listen, which ever of these were your cousins, I'm truly sorry for your loss. /nosarc

The Trinidadians who were killed were:
Conrad Cottoy, 50;
Rena Sam-Dinnoo, 38;
Joan Francis;
Winston Grant, 59;
Clara Hinds, 52;
Stephen Joseph, 39;
Glenroy Neblett, 42;
Jerome Nedd, 39;
Oscar Nesbitt, 58;
Anthony Protillo, 48;
Vinsnoo Ramsaroop 45;
Goumatie Thackurdeen, 35;
Boyie Mohammed, 50; and
Paula Morales, 42.

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... bc9cd.html

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 13th, 2022, 4:07 pm

FrankChag wrote:
MG Man wrote:
[/color][/size]

fixed buddy

I try to match my arguments with the audience

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 13th, 2022, 4:37 pm

MG Man wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
MG Man wrote:
[/color][/size]

fixed buddy

I try to match my arguments with the audience

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 13th, 2022, 5:24 pm

Enough about Islam. They and catholism are the same.

Let's mock Mormons

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » September 13th, 2022, 7:37 pm

FrankChag wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:when you buy a text book in the 80's pluto was a plant and in the 2020's pluto is an exoplanet, same with the koran. it came after the gita and bible and it copy all their content and made flips to some of the life teaching that were in those books such as the hindu text say worship cow the koran say kill the cow, bible say wine is blood of christ and them say wine haram. the koran and muslims are cheap knock off of the real god and real teachings.

Do they not then consider the Qur’ân carefully?
Had it been from other than Allâh,
they would surely have found therein many a contradiction.

https://quran.com/4/82

hoss allah is a name derived from the hindu word allat which in sanskrit means devi and moon goddess which is why muslims have to wait on the moon in ramadan and even ramadan has a hindu god in its name. allah and muslims are just knockoffs of other great religions.
Here are some knowledge of a pre-Islamic Arabic Goddess known as “Allat” excavated in Palmyra, Syria etc. “Allat” in Arabic means “Goddess” (“Devi” in Sanskrit). She is frequently called "the Great Goddess" in Greek in multi-lingual inscriptions. According to pre-Islamic mythology from Arabia she is the consort of “Allah” which in Arabic simply means God and was commonly used even before the advent of Islam. She is even thought to be the mother of two gods: Hubal, the primary deity to whom the shrine of Qaba was dedicated before the advent of Islam, and Wadd, a moon-god to whom snakes were believed to be a sacred symbol. Even though little is known about her because all records related to her have been destroyed, it is very interesting that we find a lion sitting next to her which certainly hints some connection with the Hindu Goddess Parvati who is also referred to as Maha Devi (the Great Goddess) and has the lion as her companion according to Hindu mythology. She is the consort of Shiva Mahadeva (the Great God) and is the mother of two gods: Ganesha and Kartikeya. It must be noted that "alla" in Sanskrit means mothe

Hoss... sounds like a overzealous pundit-padawan trying to impress pandiji by appropriation. Where are your references?

All false though. "Allah" is a proper noun for God, the Almighty. This was the case even with the pagan Arabs. From the Arabic, you can break it apart to "al-ilah", meaning The God (definite article "al" meaning the one and only God). The word exists in other Semitic/root/cognate languages including Hebrew (El or Elohim), Aramaic (Elah and Elaha) and Syriac (Elaha).

From your own sources:
Zeki Saritoprak (2006). "Allah". In Oliver Leaman (ed.). The Qur'an: An Encyclopedia. Routledge. p. 34.

sounds made up. is that the fanatical bs they teach in nur-e-islam mosque ?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 13th, 2022, 7:45 pm

FrankChag wrote:
MG Man wrote:
FrankChag wrote:The Creation itself is sufficient a proof for any thinking person...

Probably like most in my demographic, I've been an armchair cosmologist for a long time. I've probably seen most quality youtube vids and doccos on the cosmos. I even dabble in some astronomy and astrophysics (I like pretending I understand the math). But what always amazes me is the elaborate dance that these immensely brilliant men and women perform when they're trying to theorize why, for no apparent reason (apropos of nothing), everything (so not just our observable universe, everything) simply sprung into existence from a tiniest nothing-dot of mass and energy. And even more so, why the initial conditions (matter and energy) and the expansion rate are so perfectly balanced that the universe kept on expanding and didn't collapse on itself. It's almost as if.. it was created... from nothing.

Because God-forbid someone theorizes (or even hypothesizes) that something created it. Taboo! Burn him at the stakes! /s

FrankieFanatic, where did God come from? What was there before it came into existence? Time is linear right? So what was there before? There's always a before. Using the same YouTube type of very, very shallow pool of cosmos education that you just typed out above. And no font colouring and frenzy quoting from the desert wasteland tribes eh. Just think a little bit on your own and answer.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » September 13th, 2022, 8:16 pm

FrankChag wrote:
MG Man wrote:

images.jpg
images.jpg (10.78 KiB) Viewed 1221 times

so d boss. tell us what is that black stone in mecca in the kabba that worshipers face east to pray and touch and kiss the stone. looks like a hindu shiva stone to me.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 14th, 2022, 10:38 am

daring dragoon wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
MG Man wrote:

images.jpg

so d boss. tell us what is that black stone in mecca in the kabba that worshipers face east to pray and touch and kiss the stone. looks like a hindu shiva stone to me.

The Black Stone is the cornerstone of the Kaaba in Makkah, and ceremoniously represents the Kaaba as a place of worship, as it was a meteoric rock that fell from Heaven in the time of Adam (upon whom be peace). We do not worship it, nor do we worship any other rock, or the Kaaba, or any other thing from the creation of Allah. We worship the Creator alone.

Narrated `Abis bin Rabi`a: `Umar came near the Black Stone and kissed it and said "No doubt, I know that you are a stone and can neither benefit anyone nor harm anyone. Had I not seen Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) kissing you I would not have kissed you." Sahih al-Bukhari #1597 https://sunnah.com/bukhari:1597

More info, as you're interested:
https://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net/umar- ... ack-stone/
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1902/the-black-stone
https://abdurrahman.org/2015/03/05/refu ... ack-stone/
https://salafiaudio.files.wordpress.com ... -saleh.mp3
https://abdurrahman.org/2015/03/05/the- ... al-wasabi/
https://abdurrahmanorg.files.wordpress. ... wasabi.pdf
https://abdurrahman.org/?s=black+stone

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 14th, 2022, 10:50 am

maj. tom wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
MG Man wrote:

FrankieFanatic, where did God come from? What was there before it came into existence? Time is linear right? So what was there before? There's always a before. Using the same YouTube type of very, very shallow pool of cosmos education that you just typed out above. And no font colouring and frenzy quoting from the desert wasteland tribes eh. Just think a little bit on your own and answer.

I don't know who you take your knowledge from, but the ones I'm referring to are lectures by folks who are renowned in the field (Kaku, deGrasse Tyson, Cox, etc), and others who have PhDs, like O'Dowd (PBS SpaceTime). To you maybe, but those aren't shallow to me. If it matters, I also audited an MIT UG course on cosmology several years ago, and have several UG books in my library. But.. as I mentioned above (armchair..), only still an enthusiast .. hobbyist even. Not a real cosmologist. I just love looking in awe at the creation.

As for your questions, I'm not answering those. You can ask Him yourself when you meet Him.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 14th, 2022, 10:57 am

daring dragoon wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
FrankChag wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:when you buy a text book in the 80's pluto was a plant and in the 2020's pluto is an exoplanet, same with the koran. it came after the gita and bible and it copy all their content and made flips to some of the life teaching that were in those books such as the hindu text say worship cow the koran say kill the cow, bible say wine is blood of christ and them say wine haram. the koran and muslims are cheap knock off of the real god and real teachings.

Do they not then consider the Qur’ân carefully?
Had it been from other than Allâh,
they would surely have found therein many a contradiction.

https://quran.com/4/82

hoss allah is a name derived from the hindu word allat which in sanskrit means devi and moon goddess which is why muslims have to wait on the moon in ramadan and even ramadan has a hindu god in its name. allah and muslims are just knockoffs of other great religions.
Here are some knowledge of a pre-Islamic Arabic Goddess known as “Allat” excavated in Palmyra, Syria etc. “Allat” in Arabic means “Goddess” (“Devi” in Sanskrit). She is frequently called "the Great Goddess" in Greek in multi-lingual inscriptions. According to pre-Islamic mythology from Arabia she is the consort of “Allah” which in Arabic simply means God and was commonly used even before the advent of Islam. She is even thought to be the mother of two gods: Hubal, the primary deity to whom the shrine of Qaba was dedicated before the advent of Islam, and Wadd, a moon-god to whom snakes were believed to be a sacred symbol. Even though little is known about her because all records related to her have been destroyed, it is very interesting that we find a lion sitting next to her which certainly hints some connection with the Hindu Goddess Parvati who is also referred to as Maha Devi (the Great Goddess) and has the lion as her companion according to Hindu mythology. She is the consort of Shiva Mahadeva (the Great God) and is the mother of two gods: Ganesha and Kartikeya. It must be noted that "alla" in Sanskrit means mothe

Hoss... sounds like a overzealous pundit-padawan trying to impress pandiji by appropriation. Where are your references?

All false though. "Allah" is a proper noun for God, the Almighty. This was the case even with the pagan Arabs. From the Arabic, you can break it apart to "al-ilah", meaning The God (definite article "al" meaning the one and only God). The word exists in other Semitic/root/cognate languages including Hebrew (El or Elohim), Aramaic (Elah and Elaha) and Syriac (Elaha).

From your own sources:
Zeki Saritoprak (2006). "Allah". In Oliver Leaman (ed.). The Qur'an: An Encyclopedia. Routledge. p. 34.

sounds made up. is that the fanatical bs they teach in nur-e-islam mosque ?

I wouldn't know. I wonder though, have you ever heard of Routledge before I mentioned it above? To me, sounds like you haven't, ever.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 14th, 2022, 11:01 am

I am not questioning them at all. I am questioning YOU. You who lack the capacity of understanding it and can only see it in the very limited the way you decide that you want to.

And of course you won't answer what I asked above. Of course. A simple question where you have to think on your own just a little bit. You don't even have the logical capacity to say "I don't know."

You're dismissed from any further reasonable and rational discussion from practically everyone who has tried to engage you properly here so far, but do feel free to continue and contain your ranting fanaticism here.

Looking forward to you and bluefete collaborate posting in this thread.

N.B. ALL your hyperlinked "sources" that you keep posting everywhere to support your fanatic interpretations are complete bullsheit.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 14th, 2022, 11:17 am

In the age of cell phones, do they need to do 5 am call to prayer over loudspeakers? It sounds like a goat pushing a hard one

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » September 14th, 2022, 11:32 am

timelapse wrote:This here is a prime example of where God stops and religion starts.
You are just trying to validate your own belief by trying to define who is "more right".
Arguing semantics and origins of words has zero bearing on God and true religion.
Words and written history are the creation of man.Creations of man are where trouble starts.

This basically how I feel minus the true religion.
At any point in time it wouldve been the smartest we've ever been and most technology we ever had. I don't think neanderthals or early homo sapiens, to the birth of "intelligence" and philosophy knew they were stupid or less smart than us in 2022 who think cuz we can fly in rockets, Google things and look through telescopes and know all this "science" we're any smarter than we've been 200, 2000, 3000, 5000 years ago. We gonna be dumb af 200 years from now.

Mankind driven by ego and power. All men are corruptable so all information will be altered one way or the other for power, thus religion, alteration of books and who more right or real than others. All could be right, all could be wrong, some could be right, one could be right. We'll never know, that's why faith and meditation exists

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 14th, 2022, 11:35 am

how allyuh fellers big fontin & color fontin - makes d points go across harder orrr ? ... :agrue: ............ :lol:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 14th, 2022, 11:45 am

:lol: boy yuh hadda use the colouring book method to get points across to other people to love doing it for attention.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 14th, 2022, 11:55 am

maj. tom wrote:I am not questioning them at all. I am questioning YOU. You who lack the capacity of understanding it and can only see it in the very limited the way you decide that you want to.

And of course you won't answer what I asked above. Of course. A simple question where you have to think on your own just a little bit. You don't even have the logical capacity to say "I don't know."

You're dismissed from any further reasonable and rational discussion from practically everyone who has tried to engage you properly here so far, but do feel free to continue and contain your ranting fanaticism here.

P.S. ALL your "sources" are complete bullsheit.

I had to check again to see if this was the Religion Discussion thread, or if I was accidentally posting in the Car Park or something. I apologize tío. I was rushing and didn't have time to lookup the ref for the hadith (below), and looks like you feel slighted. You're certainly not the first to come with these doubts. Unfortunately, the sources below are (and will always be) from the religion itself and its own scholars, because one would expect you go to the experts of a thing if you're trying to find out about it... you know, like the actual sources of knowledge/truth of that thing (meaning Islaam, if that was lost on you).

He is the First (nothing is before Him) and the Last (nothing is after Him), the Most High (nothing is above Him) and the Most Near (nothing is nearer than Him). And He is the All-Knower of every thing. https://quran.com/57/3

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Men will continue to question one another till this is propounded: Allah created all things but who created Allah? He who found himself confronted with such a situation should say: آمَنْتُ بِاللَّهِ (Aamantu billah) I affirm my faith in Allah. Sahih Muslim Book 1, 250 https://sunnah.com/muslim:134a. In another narrations, it is Satan that comes to you with these questions: https://sunnah.com/muslim:134c.

See also
https://sunnah.com/bukhari:7418
https://sunnah.com/muslim/1

Regarding questions pertaining to astrophysics and time, gravity, etc... I legit don't know, or, if I did, I would rather not answer those. Hobbyist, remember.

mero

Postby mero » September 14th, 2022, 11:58 am

maj. tom wrote:I am not questioning them at all. I am questioning YOU. You who lack the capacity of understanding it and can only see it in the very limited the way you decide that you want to.

N.B. ALL your hyperlinked "sources" that you keep posting everywhere to support your fanatic interpretations are complete bullsheit.
There'll never be a consensus between believers and atheists. Both still filled with extreme douche bags because ppl are shitty. It's all about what brings you peace in life or after(if it exists)

Theists can quote 100 scriptures and share their divine experiences and atheist will say haha hyc and quote Ricky Gervais and Bill Maher or whatever atheists gods they believe in and act like they have a chip on their shoulder because ScIEncE can't prove it . Modern atheist want to suddenly ban all religion like of most of them didn't grow up in religion which basically defined the person they are today from these same doctrines (via morals, discipline, sharing fear of God seeing you making mischief) whether they choose to suddenly dismiss it today and vice versa

Yea science is logical and amen to medicine, space ships flat screen tvs and smart phones but it really only makes sense to us cuz we're us cuz we're humans and we think everything is about us on our very small timeline of existence .. What if nothing is? Life could really make no sense.
We can't even understand our own existence, really grasp wtf a sun is, a black hole, everything coming from nothing, the next galaxy being light years away, the earth being billions of years old, and we with a lifespan of under a 100 years trying to make sense of it all yet denying a "God" or higher/divine entities exist because it doesn't make sense and sounds illogical cuz we yet to fully grasp of essence of higher powers.

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » September 14th, 2022, 12:08 pm

There is no evidence of a god, no more than there is evidence for unicorns and dragons,

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 14th, 2022, 12:21 pm

A common reply is one of Pascal's Wager. There's no wrong or right in the philosophical argument really, that's why religion and God still exists for about 3/4 of the world.

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » September 14th, 2022, 12:26 pm

mero wrote:

There'll never be a consensus between believers and atheists. Both still filled with extreme douche bags because ppl are shitty. It's all about what brings you peace in life or after(if it exists)

Theists can quote 100 scriptures and share their divine experiences and atheist will say haha hyc and quote Ricky Gervais and Bill Maher or whatever atheists gods they believe in and act like they have a chip on their shoulder because ScIEncE can't prove it . Modern atheist want to suddenly ban all religion like of most of them didn't grow up in religion which basically defined the person they are today from these same doctrines (via morals, discipline, sharing fear of God seeing you making mischief) whether they choose to suddenly dismiss it today and vice versa

Yea science is logical and amen to medicine, space ships flat screen tvs and smart phones but it really only makes sense to us cuz we're us cuz we're humans and we think everything is about us on our very small timeline of existence .. What if nothing is? Life could really make no sense.
We can't even understand our own existence, really grasp wtf a sun is, a black hole, everything coming from nothing, the next galaxy being light years away, the earth being billions of years old, and we with a lifespan of under a 100 years trying to make sense of it all yet denying a "God" or higher/divine entities exist because it doesn't make sense and sounds illogical cuz we yet to fully grasp of essence of higher powers.

Atheists don't believe there is no god, atheism is a lack of belief, the same way you lack the belief that Santa Clause is real,

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 14th, 2022, 12:49 pm

Atheists do not believe there is a God since there is no evidence of any.

Agnostic is not sure but leaning to not.

It's idiotic that ppl have to bend backwards to accommodate religion. The response to the fatwa against Mr rushdie should be a counter bounty on the issuers of the fatwa.

mero

Postby mero » September 14th, 2022, 1:04 pm

abducted wrote:
mero wrote:

Atheists don't believe there is no god, atheism is a lack of belief, the same way you lack the belief that Santa Clause is real,
K thanks but but you say the same thing twice.

Atheism is the opposite of theism. Simple as that

And Santa Klaus is actually is believed to psychedelic mushroom and Jesus' halo is also said to be inspired by magic mushrooms. But that's another high man discussion where all religions and kingdoms shared one thing in common- psychedelic drugs, where unless you've experienced yourself you'll never know or can imagine (unless you've mastered the art of meditation and separating mind from self), or truly enlightened

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”