Forums

The guitar string (thread)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The guitar string (thread)

Postby maj. tom » June 17th, 2019, 12:45 pm

I tried some recording this weekend. I need to say that to properly record delay is very difficult and requires some expensive studio equipment. And it's harder when the song is in 6/8 with a dotted 8th delay that switches into 4/4, all the while keeping a steady dotted 8th delay beat. I don't have any studio equipment, and i tried to get the dotted 8th on record, but I think it needs a lot of work still. Hitting the right note on the exact delay time is also hard and i need to tighten that up. So I put a mic each on two separate amps 5 meters apart, worked out a dual delay based on a 126 bpm, one dotted 8th 30% feedback and panned right 60% and the other a quarter note stereo mix 10% feedback. Input signal is modulated 40%.

But here is something that i hope i can improve on in time as i get more equipment like the Apollo Duo Interface and can afford professional mixing software. I'm using Audacity.

https://clyp.it/wxiggfuo
You need headphones or stereo monitors to appreciate the dual delay panned 60% right that I have on the guitar pedal.

Finally got around to re-recording and fixing this piece of guitar recording with the stereo dual delay. Bad start on the harmonics but i decided to just continue and do it all in one take. Use headphones to hear the stereo:
https://clyp.it/akzza0mq
Last edited by maj. tom on October 17th, 2019, 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » June 17th, 2019, 1:07 pm

maj. tom wrote:I tried some recording this weekend. I need to say that to properly record delay is very difficult and requires some expensive studio equipment. And it's harder when the song is in 3/4 with a dotted 8th delay that switches in 4/4, all the while keeping a steady dotted 8th delay beat. So I don't have any studio equipment, and i tried to get the dotted 8th on record, but I think it needs a lot of work still. Hitting the right note on the exact delay time is also hard and i need to tighten that up. But here is something that i hope i can improve on in time as i get more equipment like the Apollo Duo Interface and can afford professional mixing software. I'm using Audacity.

https://instaud.io/3Pmj
You need headphones or stereo monitors to appreciate the dual delay panned 60% right that I have on the guitar pedal.

This is a sync issue you referring to right? It real easy to go out if sync on multi delays esp with those time changes.

For the sake of recording maybe try a delay vst (possibly a good freeware) that could replicate your pedal settings in audacity so you could edit and quantize the out of sync notes played first in which case the delay would then be post-fx.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 17th, 2019, 1:17 pm

Audacity doesn't support ASIO, so that's making it worse for the latency when recording a tight delay. I tried some other stuff, but I can't apply the delay post-recording because of the structure and speed of the song. The delay really needs to be right after the preamp so I can get feedback on hitting the note exactly on the delay.

It also seems that paid software is the way to go... and they're expensive to get the right professional sound. The Apollo Interface has some very decent software that comes with it, in addition to being a piece of professional studio equipment. So I'll be aiming to purchase that some time later this year.

Animal Pak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Animal Pak » July 6th, 2019, 10:04 pm

Anyone ever changed out stock pickups?
Looking for a different sound but not willing to buy a whole new setup. EMG pickups seem to be the king of the hill.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » July 7th, 2019, 8:34 pm

Animal Pak wrote:Anyone ever changed out stock pickups?
Looking for a different sound but not willing to buy a whole new setup. EMG pickups seem to be the king of the hill.

If you like the sound of emg's that is... the characteristic sound of active pickups. They're tone suckers in my opinion. All I can think when I hear emg is zakk wylde. I'd rather a passive high output pickup like a super distortion, x2n or Invaders. But tbh I think you can just use modelling software and get a whole range of sounds.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 8th, 2019, 12:20 pm

Bare Knuckle

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » July 8th, 2019, 2:08 pm

I taking lessons for this thing with my child from tomorrow... so I reach to hear what allyuh people does talk about. I will be asking stupidness from time to time but don't mind me otherwise. My last contribution to this thread in 2008:
RBphoto wrote:I bought a palmer to learn on and the the thing start to unglue in a week :(....end of my guitar stories. Bought a casio CTK700 and synthesyzer doh need tuning. Could play Amazing grace real good.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 8th, 2019, 2:28 pm

RBphoto wrote:I taking lessons for this thing with my child from tomorrow... so I reach to hear what allyuh people does talk about. I will be asking stupidness from time to time but don't mind me otherwise. My last contribution to this thread in 2008:
RBphoto wrote:I bought a palmer to learn on and the the thing start to unglue in a week :(....end of my guitar stories. Bought a casio CTK700 and synthesyzer doh need tuning. Could play Amazing grace real good.

you bought him an adult-sized acoustic, or junior (small) size?

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » July 8th, 2019, 2:47 pm

MG Man wrote:
RBphoto wrote:I taking lessons for this thing with my child from tomorrow... so I reach to hear what allyuh people does talk about. I will be asking stupidness from time to time but don't mind me otherwise. My last contribution to this thread in 2008:

you bought him an adult-sized acoustic, or junior (small) size?

Half size. He is only 8

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 8th, 2019, 4:25 pm

nice
hopefully he'll stick with it

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » July 8th, 2019, 4:32 pm

meccalli wrote:

If you like the sound of emg's that is... the characteristic sound of active pickups. They're tone suckers in my opinion. All I can think when I hear emg is zakk wylde. I'd rather a passive high output pickup like a super distortion, x2n or Invaders. But tbh I think you can just use modelling software and get a whole range of sounds.

Changing pickups can be a hit or miss IMHO. Different guitars and setups will lend themselves to differenent pickup configurations.

It sort of depends on what tone youre trying to get given ur setup. The combinations are numerous. Not to mention the combinations you can achieve with different wiring configs.

That said EMGs are known for a more electronic-ish sound of active pkups.

If you go with EMGs you can try the 18/24v mod that is supposed to increase the presence of the tone.

See youtube for details.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 2nd, 2019, 5:17 pm

Looking to trade a boss OD3 and a Black Star Metal pedal. Wha allyuh have?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 23rd, 2019, 12:55 pm

Homemade Pedal board.This is the setup i running for now

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 23rd, 2019, 3:50 pm

I find that lighting real distracting tho
But then I'm a sub-par bass player...I only need one pedal, Zoom Multistomp 60B which I don't even use :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 23rd, 2019, 4:08 pm

I plan on diffusing it with some plexi .Other than that, i does forget which pedal is where

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 23rd, 2019, 4:23 pm

That real bright, fella :lol: . I have the same chorus pedal, it's the only of my 3 FAB pedals that were of any use (the Metal is useless and the Echo uses current to power a blue LED, that's all :lol: ).
Reminding me to get a piece of wood homemade pedalboard; I have enough tools to make it happen.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » October 23rd, 2019, 4:42 pm

timelapse wrote:I plan on diffusing it with some plexi .Other than that, i does forget which pedal is where

The picture not doing it justice....it's not as bright as you guys would think.

I ordered some LED dimmers from amazon (2 pack) for my PC at home:

POT.JPG

when i collect them I'll bring one for you (that's if u want the ability to dim the lights)....you can probably split the power in.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 24th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Without lights

white pine and ply

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 18th, 2020, 7:25 pm

Yet another 99th attempt to capture the impossible studio tone of this fabled piece of recording.
:idea:
https://clyp.it/lxnlvnly

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » February 18th, 2020, 8:59 pm

Cool, decided to film my doodling this past weekend actually.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 18th, 2020, 9:05 pm

that's very impressive. nice stretch!!

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » February 18th, 2020, 9:12 pm

It's half assed tbh, I never bothered to learn it note for note. So mixed with a bit of improvisation to say I can pull off a playable version lol.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 21st, 2020, 7:18 pm

^^

Have a Fender to sell with new 10 gauge strings .

$4,500 Firm

Paid $10,500

3 years old and sounds beautiful .

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 21st, 2020, 7:36 pm

well show us pictures, headstock, serial number, describe the pups and pictures of the condition of the fretboard. Is it a tele or a strat? MX or US? What are the strings? 10-?? 10-46? 10-52? 10-49? 10-26? 10 gauge strings mean nothing without the 6th string listed as well. What year issued? What is the purchase history?

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » February 22nd, 2020, 1:23 pm

The Indonesian made strats and teles aren’t bad.

And the production quality iza hellofalot better than newer Gibson’s

4CupMan
Street 2NR

Postby 4CupMan » March 23rd, 2020, 11:00 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^

Have a Fender to sell with new 10 gauge strings .

$4,500 Firm

Paid $10,500

3 years old and sounds beautiful .

Pics

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 24th, 2020, 12:02 pm

RedVevo is lying. He is always lying. Just ignore his retard ass in every thread. You didn't see 2 posts above where i asked him all that a month ago?

Tortilla_Man
Street 2NR

Postby Tortilla_Man » March 24th, 2020, 4:32 pm

Miktay wrote:The Indonesian made strats and teles aren’t bad.

Some [not all] chinese guitars nowadays are good too, copies though not the forgery ones. They making stringed instruments by hand for thousands of years yet people think they can't do it with a factory and a cnc machine lol.

I buy a strat copy last year with 'chord' on the headstock in all black, black hardware with orange tribal art, it literally weigh next to nothing yet it loud, versatile and tuners tight, never goes off-tune. I use it as my main guitar now.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » March 25th, 2020, 6:49 am

Tortilla_Man wrote:
Miktay wrote:The Indonesian made strats and teles aren’t bad.

Some [not all] chinese guitars nowadays are good too, copies though not the forgery ones. They making stringed instruments by hand for thousands of years yet people think they can't do it with a factory and a cnc machine lol.

I buy a strat copy last year with 'chord' on the headstock in all black, black hardware with orange tribal art, it literally weigh next to nothing yet it loud, versatile and tuners tight, never goes off-tune. I use it as my main guitar now.

What brand?

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 26th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”