Forums

Visa Debit Card, Receiving funds via PayPal in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Visa Debit Card, Receiving funds via PayPal in Trinidad

Postby desifemlove » May 8th, 2015, 4:22 pm

bank statement, ID(s), job letter (say when yuh started working/contract details)...

No credit check and other sheit.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » May 8th, 2015, 4:26 pm

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 8th, 2015, 4:50 pm

To avoid the job letter you can also put up full collateral for the card. I had to do that when i was working for myself and couldn't really show them a job letter or Payslip

Motofreek
Street 2NR

Postby Motofreek » February 17th, 2017, 4:26 pm

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread but I have a question about Skrill.

I have about $50us in a Skrill account but I am not sure how to actually convert it to cash. I have an RBL Visa card and a PayPal account. Can I use any of them?

bushwakka
punchin NOS

Postby bushwakka » April 25th, 2017, 7:24 am

By all means, resurrect yes cuz I have another question

Wrt RBL credit cards vs VTM

Is the VTM advantageous for withdrawing foreign currency at ABMs abroad - as opposed to a regular credit card?

I'm seeing there is the 1.15% commission charge for loading money onto the card (I assume the exchange rate is as per that day's exchange rate by the bank) and then there is a further 1.5% conversion fee only if the currency requested is not in US

So effectively for US transactions, you would be paying 1.15% on the dollar and for other currencies, 2.65%

This is in contrast to the standard 3% advance fee for withdrawing from an ABM on a regular credit card

I see there is another fee called 'cash out' for $20 TT....is that a one time surcharge per transaction?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 25th, 2017, 9:11 am

^ the money on the VTM card is in US$. You pay to load the card. If you use it to spend US$ then there is no fee.

bushwakka
punchin NOS

Postby bushwakka » April 26th, 2017, 11:43 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ the money on the VTM card is in US$. You pay to load the card. If you use it to spend US$ then there is no fee.

agreed, I uncovered as much in my 'analysis'. However I was asking for a lil clarification/experience with the cash advance from the foreign ATM too. There is usually a 'hidden' charge (similar to using your LINX card to withdraw cash from another bank) posted by the foreign ATM regardless of whether it's a VTM or credit card

Apparently on JMMB site, they claim there is no transaction fee at all, apart from the loading fee BUT they do not go on to talk about international ATMs - need to confirm

FCB looks their transaction fees may be a bit steeper than RBLs but they have it explained better

Nizasa111
Riding on 13's

Postby Nizasa111 » June 26th, 2017, 11:41 pm

Those of you using your trinidad address for your PayPal account, what postal code did you use to set it up?? I can't find that info anywhere please help

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 26th, 2017, 11:57 pm

Nizasa111 wrote:Those of you using your trinidad address for your PayPal account, what postal code did you use to set it up?? I can't find that info anywhere please help

I think I put TT or 0000

Dennis61
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Dennis61 » July 2nd, 2017, 11:00 pm

Anyone here regularly receives money via PayPal?

teef
Riding on 13's

Postby teef » July 11th, 2017, 5:56 pm

Anyone know if there's a limit on transferring funds through paypal? I am trying to source UK pounds to import a vehicle and was wondering if paypal was an option around the shortage of forex

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 11th, 2017, 7:08 pm

teef wrote:Anyone know if there's a limit on transferring funds through paypal? I am trying to source UK pounds to import a vehicle and was wondering if paypal was an option around the shortage of forex

PayPal itself has no limit. It depends on your credit card. Call them and let them know you will be making a large purchase/transfer via PayPal so they wont flag and block it.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 12th, 2017, 10:30 am

Even if credit card center allows a payment...PayPal still flags payment over 5k usd at a time from trinidad. It's easier to make several small payments

pinks
Street 2NR

Postby pinks » October 17th, 2017, 6:54 pm

Guys wanted to find out some info..i havent used paypal for a while now..i jus use it to automatically pay my netflix..however if i am suppose to recieve a large usd cash transfer from the US..say 20k usd..can i use paypal to recieve it?how do i get it to my account(im with RBL) from paypal? Is there any limitations on how much u can recieve?and how long would a transaction like that take to clear?..i did some reading but im still unclear abt some of these tings..thanks

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 17th, 2017, 7:21 pm

pinks wrote:Guys wanted to find out some info..i havent used paypal for a while now..i jus use it to automatically pay my netflix..however if i am suppose to recieve a large usd cash transfer from the US..say 20k usd..can i use paypal to recieve it?how do i get it to my account(im with RBL) from paypal? Is there any limitations on how much u can recieve?and how long would a transaction like that take to clear?..i did some reading but im still unclear abt some of these tings..thanks

I don't know if PayPal lets you set a T&T bank account to withdraw funds to.
But if you have a T&T PayPal account you can withdraw to a T&T bank issued VISA credit or debit card. This is for sure.
It must be Visa for withdrawals. YOu can only use MasterCard for payment, but you can use Visa for both payments and withdrawals.

That being said, you can receive US$20K via PayPal. If your PayPal account is a business account you will have to pay a fee for receiving the money. It's usually 5.7% for T&T PayPal accounts, which in your case will be around US$1,140. That's a pretty hefty fee!
If you have a personal PayPal account, the sender can send it as a friend and I believe the recipient will not have to pay a fee, however I am not sure if that applies to a transaction of US$20,000.

The tough part is receiving the US$ and keeping it as US$.

pinks
Street 2NR

Postby pinks » October 17th, 2017, 7:41 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
pinks wrote:Guys wanted to find out some info..i havent used paypal for a while now..i jus use it to automatically pay my netflix..however if i am suppose to recieve a large usd cash transfer from the US..say 20k usd..can i use paypal to recieve it?how do i get it to my account(im with RBL) from paypal? Is there any limitations on how much u can recieve?and how long would a transaction like that take to clear?..i did some reading but im still unclear abt some of these tings..thanks

But if you have a T&T PayPal account you can withdraw to a T&T bank issued VISA credit or debit card. This is for sure.
It must be Visa for withdrawals. YOu can only use MasterCard for payment, but you can use Visa for both payments and withdrawals.

That being said, you can receive US$20K via PayPal. If your PayPal account is a business account you will have to pay a fee for receiving the money. It's usually 5.7% for T&T PayPal accounts, which in your case will be around US$1,140. That's a pretty hefty fee!
If you have a personal PayPal account, the sender can send it as a friend and I believe the recipient will not have to pay a fee, however I am not sure if that applies to a transaction of US$20,000.

I just read the user agreement ..for that sum of money the transaction fee would be 4.4%+$0.30..also..the money can only be transfered to my visa c.card only an not my debit account..the money will be on hold for 30 days minimum and i can only manually transfer 500usd daily to my c.card after that 30 days(5usd per manual transaction fee) ...sounds like alot of headache

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 17th, 2017, 8:05 pm

pinks wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

I just read the user agreement ..for that sum of money the transaction fee would be 4.4%+$0.30..also..the money can only be transfered to my visa c.card only an not my debit account..the money will be on hold for 30 days minimum and i can only manually transfer 500usd daily to my c.card after that 30 days(5usd per manual transaction fee) ...sounds like alot of headache

That's still an US$880 fee.
From my personal experience at the end of each month they transfer your entire available balance to your withdrawal account or card at no charge. So lets say you receive the funds in PayPal today, it will clear and become available 30 days from today, on November 17th, at which point you can pay $5 per day to withdraw up to US$500, but then on December 1st they will transfer the entire available balance to your card at no charge.
I use a Republic Bank Visa Debit card to withdraw funds from PayPal.
You can probably find out from RBL if you can load more than the $5000 limit on the card for a one-time transaction.
Funds remain as US$ on that card, it is not converted to TT$ unless you use the card at a local merchant.

simple99
Riding on 13's

Postby simple99 » October 23rd, 2017, 9:56 am

Dennis61 wrote:Anyone here regularly receives money via PayPal?

I receives regularly 500 USD weekly i just withdraw it true my republic bank tt credit card and transfer funds to my account ........

Here is a little proof
Attachments
screenshot_1679.png
screenshot_1679.png (12.13 KiB) Viewed 8202 times

timemastee
Street 2NR

Postby timemastee » April 2nd, 2018, 5:37 pm

Anybody getting to transfer funds from PayPal to there First Citizen account? Made some money on eBay and I want it in my cc

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 3rd, 2018, 12:32 am

timemastee wrote:Anybody getting to transfer funds from PayPal to there First Citizen account? Made some money on eBay and I want it in my cc

Once you have a VISA credit card you can withdraw the money from your PayPal account to it. The funds must be in your available balance on PayPal. You can either pay PayPal US$5 to withdraw up to $500 per day, or you can wait till the end of the month and PayPal will automatically withdraw to your VISA credit card for free.

timemastee
Street 2NR

Postby timemastee » April 3rd, 2018, 10:56 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
timemastee wrote:Anybody getting to transfer funds from PayPal to there First Citizen account? Made some money on eBay and I want it in my cc

Once you have a VISA credit card you can withdraw the money from your PayPal account to it. The funds must be in your available balance on PayPal. You can either pay PayPal US$5 to withdraw up to $500 per day, or you can wait till the end of the month and PayPal will automatically withdraw to your VISA credit card for free.

Just tried it and getting your credit card not supported error. Called the bank yesterday and the CSR had no idea on how to do it. I can't wait until month end nah

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 3rd, 2018, 11:48 am

timemastee wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Just tried it and getting your credit card not supported error. Called the bank yesterday and the CSR had no idea on how to do it. I can't wait until month end nah

what credit card do you have?

timemastee
Street 2NR

Postby timemastee » April 3rd, 2018, 12:21 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
timemastee wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Visa Classic , I was told when signing up I could receive money on it so i took it

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 3rd, 2018, 1:04 pm

Contact PayPal, it should be able to receive withdrawals from PayPal on it.

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » April 3rd, 2018, 1:05 pm

timemastee wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
timemastee wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Visa Classic , I was told when signing up I could receive money on it so i took it

Saw you had Visa entry at first then edited it to Classic. The Classics work as far as I know. I dont understand why you're getting the error and worst yet, why the CSR in FCB is saying they have no idea on how to do it. Its not a magical process.

I would suggest trying another card or requesting the bank change your card.

timemastee
Street 2NR

Postby timemastee » April 3rd, 2018, 1:21 pm

thelem-again wrote:
timemastee wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
timemastee wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Saw you had Visa entry at first then edited it to Classic. The Classics work as far as I know. I dont understand why you're getting the error and worst yet, why the CSR in FCB is saying they have no idea on how to do it. Its not a magical process.

I would suggest trying another card or requesting the bank change your card.

Didn't know the name so I checked there website. But boy the girl on the phone sound like I bothered her so I was just like alright. FCB customer service is a hit and miss sometimes yes.

But I'd look into both option that u and Duane suggested. Thanks

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » November 3rd, 2019, 8:56 pm

simple99 wrote:

I receives regularly 500 USD weekly i just withdraw it true my republic bank tt credit card and transfer funds to my account ........

Here is a little proof

Sorry to bring up this old thread, if I have a RBL CC and recieve USD into Paypal, can the funds be transferred to CC then to RBL USD account? PayPal rep indicated that the funds will be converted to local currency if use FCB Visa card.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 3rd, 2019, 9:34 pm

shaneelal wrote:
simple99 wrote:

Here is a little proof

Sorry to bring up this old thread, if I have a RBL CC and recieve USD into Paypal, can the funds be transferred to CC then to RBL USD account? PayPal rep indicated that the funds will be converted to local currency if use FCB Visa card.

If you use a RBL VTM (VISA Travel Money debit) card the funds will be transferred from PayPal to your VTM card as US$.
I am not sure about a RBL or FCB credit card. I believe the RBL credit card has a US$ side, maybe if you can transfer it to that?

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » November 3rd, 2019, 10:06 pm

^ For FCB credit card it will be converted to TTD. RBL no longer issues VTM.
Curious if anyone has been able to recieve funds on USD side of RBL CC and have the funds transferred to local USD RBL account.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 3rd, 2019, 10:21 pm

Anything transferred to a credit card would be like paying money to the credit card. If you try to withdraw then you getting hit with cash advance fees

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”