Forums

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Re: The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby SuperiorMan » July 24th, 2022, 12:38 pm

Anyone got the new macbook M1 Pro (the one with the sd card slot) yet? How is it? Any complaints?

Thinking about getting one of them.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » July 29th, 2022, 10:16 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Anyone got the new macbook M1 Pro (the one with the sd card slot) yet? How is it? Any complaints?

yup I have a 16" m1 pro. runs extremely well though compared to using my 15" 2015 mbp, the os feels like it isn't totally integrated yet. small glitches here and there(like Siri might randomly stop) but nothing major. Next OS sure to be optimized for apple silicon so I have great expectations. Battery life is amazing and performance is of course unmatched. could sit for hours with 4k videos and not break a sweat or run down battery. system is always cool, never heard the fans yet. only time it gets warm is if using the fast charger but that's barely much.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 29th, 2022, 10:29 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:Anyone got the new macbook M1 Pro (the one with the sd card slot) yet? How is it? Any complaints?

yup I have a 16" m1 pro. runs extremely well though compared to using my 15" 2015 mbp, the os feels like it isn't totally integrated yet. small glitches here and there(like Siri might randomly stop) but nothing major. Next OS sure to be optimized for apple silicon so I have great expectations. Battery life is amazing and performance is of course unmatched. could sit for hours with 4k videos and not break a sweat or run down battery. system is always cool, never heard the fans yet. only time it gets warm is if using the fast charger but that's barely much.

That's strange you say that. I was deciding between getting the 16" m1 pro or a 15" 2015 macbook pro retina (like my old laptop)

Which one would you choose? I'm getting them both at around the same price.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » July 30th, 2022, 1:12 am

SuperiorMan wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:

That's strange you say that. I was deciding between getting the 16" m1 pro or a 15" 2015 macbook pro retina (like my old laptop)

I actually sold my 2015 on eBay. was a nice 15" , fully maxed out options, with a large NVMe hd. It functioned perfectly well tbh but after getting the 16" I couldn't go back. For me there were a couple deciding factors:

A major cause was heat. with the latest OS the fans came on regularly. doing something like watching YouTube triggered them. machine would easily get warm. I wouldn't say it struggled to do what I asked but using it on my bed or lap I would need to take regular breaks cus of the heat. 16 never gets hot.

With the fans came my second issue. noise. I like silence when im on the computer. a desktop I could understand but the roar of fans from a 15" laptop loading up an app I didn't enjoy. In an a/c room its not too bad but you still get spikes if the cpu demand is high then it tapers off. Once my wife asked me what's that noise when I was on it..and she doesn't notice things like that.

Fingerprint id is cool. never had it before on a laptop. saves times. not only with unlocking but inputting usernames/passwords on sites and making purchases. simple things in life add up.

I never noticed the thicker bezels on the 15". Now with all this added screen real estate and thin bezels on the 16", going back makes the machine feel old.

Battery life is probably triple that of the 15 even after I replaced it last year. with the heat, the fans turn on and draw a lot of power. yes in a cool room it lasts longer but it cannot compare. I used to use it for work and after 3-4 hours in the field i'd need to plug in the 15. I have never used the charger on the 16 outside of home. I dont even bother to check the % most times. it just runs much more efficiently its crazy.

3rd issue and a MAJOR one, for me, are the speakers. Easily the most enjoyable part. I get actual bass! gone is that tinny sound from the earlier models.(I didn't realize they were bad till I heard the 16) the range is way more dynamic, clearer and ofc bass! Much louder too. Very rarely the volume does reach 50%. now you can't ever compare it to a good 2.1 setup but for a laptop its crazy good. def better than most desktop speakers. funny enough after having them side by side this pushed me to sell the 15" vs repurposing it. I Just couldn't get over how much better the speakers are, even the startup chime was chalk and cheese. They also support spatial/ 3d audio which is pretty cool but not really record breaking.

My take is, if you need a workhorse yes the 2015 15" is perfectly fine. Ppl still buying them and they are cheap. Still plenty life left in them for a long time. If you like nice things get the 16. Do not listen to music or anything else on the 16" for that matter if you on the fence cus it will spoil you.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » July 30th, 2022, 7:07 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:

I actually sold my 2015 on eBay. was a nice 15" , fully maxed out options, with a large NVMe hd. It functioned perfectly well tbh but after getting the 16" I couldn't go back. For me there were a couple deciding factors:

A major cause was heat. with the latest OS the fans came on regularly. doing something like watching YouTube triggered them. machine would easily get warm. I wouldn't say it struggled to do what I asked but using it on my bed or lap I would need to take regular breaks cus of the heat. 16 never gets hot.

With the fans came my second issue. noise. I like silence when im on the computer. a desktop I could understand but the roar of fans from a 15" laptop loading up an app I didn't enjoy. In an a/c room its not too bad but you still get spikes if the cpu demand is high then it tapers off. Once my wife asked me what's that noise when I was on it..and she doesn't notice things like that.

Fingerprint id is cool. never had it before on a laptop. saves times. not only with unlocking but inputting usernames/passwords on sites and making purchases. simple things in life add up.

I never noticed the thicker bezels on the 15". Now with all this added screen real estate and thin bezels on the 16", going back makes the machine feel old.

Battery life is probably triple that of the 15 even after I replaced it last year. with the heat, the fans turn on and draw a lot of power. yes in a cool room it lasts longer but it cannot compare. I used to use it for work and after 3-4 hours in the field i'd need to plug in the 15. I have never used the charger on the 16 outside of home. I dont even bother to check the % most times. it just runs much more efficiently its crazy.

3rd issue and a MAJOR one, for me, are the speakers. Easily the most enjoyable part. I get actual bass! gone is that tinny sound from the earlier models.(I didn't realize they were bad till I heard the 16) the range is way more dynamic, clearer and ofc bass! Much louder too. Very rarely the volume does reach 50%. now you can't ever compare it to a good 2.1 setup but for a laptop its crazy good. def better than most desktop speakers. funny enough after having them side by side this pushed me to sell the 15" vs repurposing it. I Just couldn't get over how much better the speakers are, even the startup chime was chalk and cheese. They also support spatial/ 3d audio which is pretty cool but not really record breaking.

My take is, if you need a workhorse yes the 2015 15" is perfectly fine. Ppl still buying them and they are cheap. Still plenty life left in them for a long time. If you like nice things get the 16. Do not listen to music or anything else on the 16" for that matter if you on the fence cus it will spoil you.

Great explanation. Thank you for this!

I'm leaning towards m1 pro then. Might pick it up at best buy soon.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » July 30th, 2022, 7:23 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:

Great explanation. Thank you for this!

I'm leaning towards m1 pro then. Might pick it up at best buy soon.

If you have the time to order and wait, expercom.com has the best prices, below apple. and no taxes. I got mine there.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 18th, 2022, 2:33 pm

Heading to NY this weekend. Might just cop the m1 ipad from the 5th ave store. Still undecided on the pro vs the air right now tho since it’ll be used for work

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 18th, 2022, 3:18 pm

iPhone 14 reveal date announced
Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 3.17.31 PM.jpg

Here's a list of potential features of the iPhone 14
Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 3.17.48 PM.jpg

ryan99tt
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ryan99tt » August 19th, 2022, 9:31 am

Hey guys, just need soke info. I have a scotia aero platinum card and want to use it to pay apple subscriptions. Problem im having is that apple doesnt accept no us cards. First call to scotia they said they added my skybox address and the card never worked. The second call, the person said that they cant add an international address unless i go to my branch and provide proof of the address being mine. How do you all pay your apple subscriptions?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 19th, 2022, 9:37 am

ryan99tt wrote:Hey guys, just need soke info. I have a scotia aero platinum card and want to use it to pay apple subscriptions. Problem im having is that apple doesnt accept no us cards. First call to scotia they said they added my skybox address and the card never worked. The second call, the person said that they cant add an international address unless i go to my branch and provide proof of the address being mine. How do you all pay your apple subscriptions?

Well apple accepts My cards no issue, the reason why it may not accept it is because there is a conflict with the account being US and your card TT

If at the start you created a US Apple account. Seeing that it’s a US account U can freely use apple gift cards, to recharge your wallet and have the subscriptions pull from that.

Buy the cards online from g2a or pcgamesupply.
Last edited by nick639v2 on August 19th, 2022, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » August 19th, 2022, 9:42 am

ryan99tt wrote:Hey guys, just need soke info. I have a scotia aero platinum card and want to use it to pay apple subscriptions. Problem im having is that apple doesnt accept no us cards. First call to scotia they said they added my skybox address and the card never worked. The second call, the person said that they cant add an international address unless i go to my branch and provide proof of the address being mine. How do you all pay your apple subscriptions?

Pay me and I will send you the code
Attachments
3AE1F898-EF35-4E12-8B12-906224320ED7.jpeg

ryan99tt
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ryan99tt » August 19th, 2022, 9:55 am

nick639v2 wrote:

Well apple accepts My cards no issue, the reason why it may not accept it is because there is a conflict with the account being US and your card TT

If at the start you created a US Apple account. Seeing that it’s a US account U can freely use apple gift cards, to recharge your wallet and have the subscriptions pull from that.

Yes my account is us and my card is tt. I could change it to tt but i find the stores for tt are horrible. So i was trying to get a us address added to use the card with the us account.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 19th, 2022, 9:58 am

Hi ryan,

I use carddelivery.com, they accept paypal and cc.

So i buy like a $50 card and let that run out.

Check them out

ryan99tt
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ryan99tt » August 19th, 2022, 10:06 am

Yea, most likely i would have to do that. Subscription for me would be $30 so i would have to purchase every month or a $100 card. Would of like not to have another thing to worry about.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » August 19th, 2022, 10:40 am

My credit cards always worked. Currently FCB but also Republic and RBC over the years. Check if you are registered to the trini App Store. That might cause a hiccup if you use a trini card and US App Store maybe.

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » August 19th, 2022, 11:09 am

ryan99tt wrote:Yea, most likely i would have to do that. Subscription for me would be $30 so i would have to purchase every month or a $100 card. Would of like not to have another thing to worry about.

If you need $100 card every couple of months let me know. I got you bro

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » August 19th, 2022, 11:12 am

MaxPower wrote:Hi ryan,

I use carddelivery.com, they accept paypal and cc.

So i buy like a $50 card and let that run out.

Check them out

I just use Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Gift-Card- ... pons&psc=1

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 19th, 2022, 12:08 pm

ryan99tt wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

Yes my account is us and my card is tt. I could change it to tt but i find the stores for tt are horrible. So i was trying to get a us address added to use the card with the us account.

T&T cards wont work on US Apple accounts even if you change the address.
You'd have to switch to a T&T Apple account to use a T&T card.
Or as other users suggested use Apple gift cards

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » August 19th, 2022, 1:28 pm

US apple store only accepts US issued credit cards. Address is irrelevant.
You can try making a US paypal and adding your TT credit card.
That is what i use to pay for all US services that have that restriction - apple, hulu, etc.
Last edited by S_2NR on August 20th, 2022, 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 19th, 2022, 2:54 pm

ryan99tt wrote:Yea, most likely i would have to do that. Subscription for me would be $30 so i would have to purchase every month or a $100 card. Would of like not to have another thing to worry about.

You using Apple One subscription?
https://www.apple.com/lae/apple-one/

ryan99tt
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ryan99tt » August 19th, 2022, 3:01 pm

Yes, i ended up just getting a gift card its apple one+ subscription. Would still keep trying to figure out a way to get it straight from my card to ease the headache of always having to make sure i have credit on the account.

Also tried paypal with no success. May just change the account to a tt acount and see uf that works

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 19th, 2022, 3:10 pm

ryan99tt wrote:Yes, i ended up just getting a gift card its apple one+ subscription. Would still keep trying to figure out a way to get it straight from my card to ease the headache of always having to make sure i have credit on the account.

Also tried paypal with no success. May just change the account to a tt acount and see uf that works

Apple One is great value if you already use all or most of those services.
The T&T apple account is a lot better than it used to be years ago.
I don't know if Apple One is available for T&T though

ryan99tt
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ryan99tt » August 19th, 2022, 3:44 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
ryan99tt wrote:Yes, i ended up just getting a gift card its apple one+ subscription. Would still keep trying to figure out a way to get it straight from my card to ease the headache of always having to make sure i have credit on the account.

Apple One is great value if you already use all or most of those services.
The T&T apple account is a lot better than it used to be years ago.
I don't know if Apple One is available for T&T though

I would see if its available for us but i use most of the services already and with the family sharing its a real value deal with the icloud storage and everyone gets to use all the subscriptions as well.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 23rd, 2022, 9:10 am

Apple 5th ave is an experience! Would definitely recommend

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » August 23rd, 2022, 9:17 am

Bought the new MacBook M1 pro...getting lots of eyestrain in just an hour. Anyone can relate? Thinking about returning it.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 23rd, 2022, 10:19 am

SuperiorMan wrote:Bought the new MacBook M1 pro...getting lots of eyestrain in just an hour. Anyone can relate? Thinking about returning it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/macbookpro/com ... ye_strain/

check this out

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » August 23rd, 2022, 10:52 am

st7 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:Bought the new MacBook M1 pro...getting lots of eyestrain in just an hour. Anyone can relate? Thinking about returning it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/macbookpro/com ... ye_strain/

check this out

Thanks.

Yeah so I checked it out and it seems to be a PWM issue. I find it much easier to read on my 2015 macbook. Might just get another one of those instead.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 31st, 2022, 8:25 am

Top tip, you can use you First Citizens rewards card in your apple wallet for contactless payments and transfers

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 7th, 2022, 12:59 pm

Apple iPhone event today
iPhone 14, Apple Watch 8 and AirPods Pro 2 expected

https://www.apple.com/lae/

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 7th, 2022, 1:42 pm

taking in MKB tweets about it.