TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread - Vision Pro Unboxing

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shesh
Street 2NR

Apple Releasing a New iPhone Next Week/iOS 5/ iMessaging??

Postby shesh » June 11th, 2011, 4:19 pm

So guys, an apple official told me they are launching a new phone next week when I was about to place an order.... hmmm let's see how true it is! iOS 5 was also previewed today.... http://www.apple.com/ios/ios5/ DAMN!!!!!!!!! make your bookings early 8-)

Read up on iMessaging peeps! Iphone to iphone/ipad users!!!
Last edited by shesh on June 11th, 2011, 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kiro_lee
Riding on 16's

Re: Apple Releasing a New iPhone Next Week.

Postby Kiro_lee » June 11th, 2011, 4:24 pm

IOS 5 Looking good....there is an apple thread btw

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » June 11th, 2011, 4:27 pm

:roll:

shesh
Street 2NR

Postby shesh » June 11th, 2011, 4:28 pm

yup, i guess this thread maybe a new one lol better i rename it lol!!! iOS 5 - check out the iMessage - iphone - ipad hmmm taking over Blackberry? Wonder if its free? hmmmm

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » June 11th, 2011, 4:37 pm

ShanaEnterprises wrote:yup, i guess this thread maybe a new one lol better i rename it lol!!! iOS 5 - check out the iMessage - iphone - ipad hmmm taking over Blackberry? Wonder if its free? hmmmm

lets keep it in one thread plz.

This week the iPhone 4 will be launching in Trinidad. See previous posts lead as far back as 3 pages.

iMessage will be free and cross platform. Of course it will rely on 3G/EDGE/Wifi Data to work.

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » June 11th, 2011, 6:31 pm

KLN Electronics wrote:IOS 5 Looking good....there is an apple thread btw

Yep, some nice new features, here's a few on a beta.

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby src1983 » June 11th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Can't wait for iOS 5, and navigation on iphone sweet.............

Don't think imessage will be a hit though (well for me) everyone I know has a blackberry and uses whatsapp to some degree..... :(

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 11th, 2011, 8:14 pm

S_2NR wrote:how is it that itunes store is not available for trinidad but the iphone is being "officially" launched here?
would the iphones being sold by bmobile hav to be jailbroken prior to use?
AFAIK jailbreaking has nothing to do with trinidad not being listed in itunes store

I have an itunes account and used a US address when signing up and I have no problems - my iPhone 4 that I use on bmobile since last year has never been jailbroken.

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » June 11th, 2011, 8:16 pm

src1983 wrote:Can't wait for iOS 5, and navigation on iphone sweet.............

Don't think imessage will be a hit though (well for me) everyone I know has a blackberry and uses whatsapp to some degree..... :(

BlackBerry and bbm eh going nowhere in T&T. a lot more ppl can access BlackBerry phones than an iPhone and most Android phones simply because of affordability.

would love to see bbm go cross-platform like rumours have been suggesting though...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Apple Releasing a New iPhone Next Week/iOS 5/ iMessaging

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 11th, 2011, 8:22 pm

^ I doubt RIM is going to let BBM be cross platform

and iMessage is just as lame IMO because it's Apple to Apple only.

WhatsApp FTW!!!

ShanaEnterprises wrote:So guys, an apple official told me they are launching a new phone next week when I was about to place an order.... hmmm let's see how true it is! iOS 5 was also previewed today.... http://www.apple.com/ios/ios5/ DAMN!!!!!!!!! make your bookings early 8-)

:|

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » June 11th, 2011, 8:34 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ I doubt RIM is going to let BBM be cross platform

WhatsApp FTW!!!

ShanaEnterprises wrote:So guys, an apple official told me they are launching a new phone next week when I was about to place an order.... hmmm let's see how true it is! iOS 5 was also previewed today.... http://www.apple.com/ios/ios5/ DAMN!!!!!!!!! make your bookings early 8-)

RIM won't. It's like putting a gun to your head. But no IMessage NOT going to be lame. You know how MANY iDevices are out there compared to blackberries?

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » June 11th, 2011, 8:36 pm

^no, how many? :|

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » June 11th, 2011, 8:39 pm

mitch wrote:
src1983 wrote:Can't wait for iOS 5, and navigation on iphone sweet.............

BlackBerry and bbm eh going nowhere in T&T. a lot more ppl can access BlackBerry phones than an iPhone and most Android phones simply because of affordability.

would love to see bbm go cross-platform like rumours have been suggesting though...

For real......

shesh
Street 2NR

Postby shesh » June 11th, 2011, 10:33 pm

imessages gunna be off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it shud take over the BB world....

Apple's web browsing and easy interface will rock over BB....

considering the apps, graphics, interface....and soon imessaging... hmmm they making a statement...

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » June 11th, 2011, 10:43 pm

all this talk...what we really want to know is what TSTT gonna be charging people for dese phones!
Last edited by christopherwilliams2 on June 11th, 2011, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » June 11th, 2011, 10:44 pm

I call bullsh*t. Apple 'offiicials' which I take being you spoke to one of their employees don't ever have info on upcoming devices, espcially iphones.

There are ALOT of rumors surrounding the next iphone, there always is. hell man they're already talking about the iphone 6, apple always managers to surprise and impress tho, always, except mobile me, that 'just didn't work'.

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » June 11th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ I doubt RIM is going to let BBM be cross platform

WhatsApp FTW!!!

RIM is more likely to go cross platform than Apple, more likely but not probable. Apple will never go cross platform and I doubt apple would allow a RIM BBM app into the apple store, but then again they allow apps such as what's app and kik...hmm.

But face it, till now one of the major factor that kept people away from iphones and drove them in the masses towards blackberries was BBM, now iMessage is out and it's Apple, its going to convince a lot of people to try ios on ipods, iphones, ipads, and I'm sure they have thought about bringing it to Mac os x sometime in the future.

shesh
Street 2NR

Postby shesh » June 11th, 2011, 10:52 pm

mojosodope wrote:

I call bullsh*t. Apple 'offiicials' which I take being you spoke to one of their employees don't ever have info on upcoming devices, espcially iphones.

There are ALOT of rumors surrounding the next iphone, there always is. hell man they're already talking about the iphone 6, apple always managers to surprise and impress tho, always, except mobile me, that 'just didn't work'.

Wait 1 week and we'll see.........................and it wasn't just a norm employee fyi.

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » June 11th, 2011, 10:54 pm

^ ^

I'll be waiting. one week you say? k

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » June 11th, 2011, 10:56 pm

^^ was the employee Harold Camping? just askin :|

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » June 11th, 2011, 11:06 pm

christopherwilliams2 wrote:all this talk...what we really want to know is what TSTT gonna be charging people for dese phones!

see previous pages what i said. ;)

________

Been digging in OSX Lion via the VMware of preview 3 (4's Image wasnt made yet and im not going to go thru the tedious process of trying to get it to work because 3 has most, if not all the features) and my oh my.... IT... IS... EPIC!

You can literally taste all the iOS bits from the mail app to simply typing...

wigman_1
Riding on 13's

Postby wigman_1 » June 12th, 2011, 7:00 am

hey dude i'm having problems with my iphone 2g tried all unlocking methods sn0wbreeze, blackra1n tinyumbrella but nothing can't get it to work getting the no service any ideas , i'd appreciate it

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » June 12th, 2011, 10:36 am

wigman_1 wrote:hey dude i'm having problems with my iphone 2g tried all unlocking methods sn0wbreeze, blackra1n tinyumbrella but nothing can't get it to work getting the no service any ideas , i'd appreciate it

Tried a custom firmware?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 12th, 2011, 12:32 pm

but WhatsApp lets me message iPhone, iPod, iPad AND Blackberry, Nokia, Andoid users for free.
it lets you send photos, video, text too.

and no need for a PIN, all you need is the person's phone number.
Has all the blocking etc built in.

BBM has a huge userbase in T&T already, that counts for alot! If RIM were to open that to all devices it would have everyone (regardless of phone type) using BBM and no one would worry about whatsapp or even iMessage (userbase > features). However ALOT of people own blackberry devices specifically for BBM and RIM knows that - I don't think they would cannibalise the sale of their devices to offer a service that is free anyway. Of course if they start running ads inside BBM then they couldnt generate revenue from the use of the service. I don't think RIM would go that way though, their business model is in selling smartphones.

Bezman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Bezman » June 12th, 2011, 3:53 pm

RIM will never open BBM, it keeps their customers and market "exclusive". opening it up to other devices would make allot of it's existing customers jump ship to other devices etc..
as far as iphone 4 prices :lol: forgot my mom's agency is in charge of advertising and marketing for tstt :P lets just say, it will be competitive and comparable to other smartphones sold on contract (expensive and limited data contracts)
Last edited by Bezman on June 13th, 2011, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » June 12th, 2011, 4:16 pm

^^^

Like that 4G package crap I assuming ent ?

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » June 12th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Bezman wrote:as far as iphone 4 prices :lol: forgot my mom's agency is in charge of advertising and marketing for bmobile :P lets just say, it will be competitive and comparable to other smartphones sold on contract (expensive and limited data contracts)

stueps! yuh holding out on we dan :|
:lol:

glad some info is out now!

shaq090
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby shaq090 » June 12th, 2011, 4:34 pm

stuepssss...all my phoqing hype about it being cheap and providing 3g gone down d drain....counts $$ to see if i could make the downpayment for the iyp device

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » June 12th, 2011, 6:02 pm

From the articles I read about BBM coming to other phones, their strategy is to make the non-BlackBerry versions of BBM less feature packed than the BlackBerry original so that people would get a sample of it & switch to a BlackBerry to get the full featured version.
Never thought it would work with things like WhatsApp, Kik, Ping! available that already is cross platform & gives all the bells & whistles already.
iMessages, would eventually take over BBM simply cause of the numbers of iOS devices going up vs BlackBerrys going down, but things like WhatsApp would still be number one because they are cross platform.
Its been said I think numerous times that beyond BBM there's not much a BlackBerry offers.

------

Chronic originally believed his sources were referring to new MacBook Air models but has since stated the original information was off — it’s for unlocked iPhones.
While countries like Canada and the UK have had SIM-unlocked models available since the iPhone 4 launched (and places like Hong Kong before that), the US has remained GSM-locked to AT&T even after Verizon launched a CDMA iPhone last February.
Before T-Mobile users get their hopes up, it’s unlikely these unlocked iPhones would support AWS frequencies, which means no 3G off AT&T in the US. But for travelers who’d prefer to swap SIM cards than pay extravagant roaming rates, it might be a compelling choice.
If this rumor pans out, expect the unlocked models to come with a hefty, unsubsidized price — like $600+ for 16GB and $700+ for 32GB.

roromelie
Street 2NR

W.t.k iphone 3g battery drain

Postby roromelie » June 12th, 2011, 6:49 pm

can anyone tell me how to fix iphone battery drain running on 4.2.1 baseband 06.15.00

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”