Forums

Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

Postby daring dragoon » August 16th, 2022, 5:11 am

S_2NR wrote:I really dont see the purpose of this grocerant thing. Curious to see how long before it closes down.

1% does build them thing all over. i sure its a laundry or a laundrant.

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » August 16th, 2022, 9:49 am

Maxpower and other Guyanese always seem to be in awe of large modern shopping establishments for some reason. I dunno what's up with that. Maybe Maxipad can explain when he returns from taking selfies at Truvalu.

Anyway back on topic. Food prices haven't been going up over the last few weeks as they were on an almost daily basis prior.
Let's hope that holds.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 16th, 2022, 10:31 am

dogg wrote:Maxpower and other Guyanese always seem to be in awe of large modern shopping establishments for some reason. I dunno what's up with that. Maybe Maxipad can explain when he returns from taking selfies at Truvalu.

Anyway back on topic. Food prices haven't been going up over the last few weeks as they were on an almost daily basis prior.
Let's hope that holds.

O dogg, i see you’re still the #1 Sufferer on Tuner. I guess you didn’t get a job paying enough so you can afford to shop at “large modern shopping establishments”.

I mean thas fine, nun wrong with not affording something. But it’s the macooing who shopping where and counting other people’s pocket is rather pathetic. I told you already to stop parking up outside Massy and steupsin up in the backseat of the PH car you in.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 16th, 2022, 10:59 am

dogg wrote:Maxpower and other Guyanese always seem to be in awe of large modern shopping establishments for some reason. I dunno what's up with that. Maybe Maxipad can explain when he returns from taking selfies at Truvalu.

Let's hope that holds.

Where exactly is the location of those large shopping establishments ? :D

Meanwhile Massy is the best place to shop since you can now get your eyes tested and office supplies etc.
And buy a fridge and a stove and premium meats and computers and then a bakery ! :D

The "boss" of Massy is a 1% business woman with lots lots experience in retail and wholesale etc., so very
soon the idea of an restaurant inside the grocery - we talking 1% styling - may soon be a reality .

Just because you buy a cheap donkey roti in Xtra does not make it's a Food Hall .

Food Hall is however in the wrong and or bad location . It should have been in the West - high income area.

It's close to Maloney and Piarco which are crime ridden and basically low income to ghetto :wink:

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 16th, 2022, 11:50 am

daring dragoon wrote:
S_2NR wrote:I really dont see the purpose of this grocerant thing. Curious to see how long before it closes down.

1% does build them thing all over. i sure its a laundry or a laundrant.

Does it really matter where the $$$ comes from to get the economy of TT robust ? :D

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 16th, 2022, 12:21 pm

how many of u willing to admit u ever heard or come across word 'grocerant' b4 in daily life ? ... which trini does use that word in a sentence like "eh i going down by d grocerant eh" , even if u google it is not much results

“Grocerant” is a new term that describes what smart grocery stores are becoming – a place for shoppers not only to stock up on essentials, but also to buy high quality prepared meals that can be taken home or eaten on site.

anyway, since that story posted most of d comments : "others had it 1st " , so i guess d owners or d story writer living in a bubble ...

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 16th, 2022, 12:38 pm

Rovin wrote:how many of u willing to admit u ever heard or come across word 'grocerant' b4 in daily life ? ... which trini does use that word in a sentence like "eh i going down by d grocerant eh" , even if u google it is not much results

“Grocerant” is a new term that describes what smart grocery stores are becoming – a place for shoppers not only to stock up on essentials, but also to buy high quality prepared meals that can be taken home or eaten on site.

anyway, since that story posted most of d comments : "others had it 1st " , so i guess d owners or d story writer living in a bubble ...

Never heard it or used it.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 16th, 2022, 7:18 pm

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 16th, 2022, 7:29 pm

grocery with a cafeteria is a new concept?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 16th, 2022, 7:38 pm

Woolworth on Frederick street had a cafeteria.
Juice and a pie!
pugboy wrote:grocery with a cafeteria is a new concept?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 16th, 2022, 7:48 pm

So Superpharm is Pharmarant?
And Medford is a Gasarant?
There are special kinds of idiots that would fall for this kind of gimmick

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » August 16th, 2022, 7:54 pm

Their marketing team is brilliant. Look how much interest a term is creating, good or bad you're creating buzz, it's akin to corner stores in NY calling themselves bodegas now. Good luck to the owners, what piqued my interest is that they claim to own the farms in the vicinity

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » August 16th, 2022, 7:55 pm

People getting on like it's their money invested in this idea. Let the investors spend and lose their money as they see fit. Yes, it's an idea that's been done already, but as they say, all publicity is good publicity. You all either jealous that you never thought about it before, or can't afford to shop and dine there.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 16th, 2022, 7:56 pm

Worse yet the area it opened up, sure it have the couple boujie house by the golf course but da area I ain’t going back, done doh feel safe to leave my vehicle in Bhagwansinghs or the airport self. That whole car park gonna be hot now, mark my words

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » August 16th, 2022, 8:05 pm

CORN-CHIPS.jpg
CORN-CHIPS.jpg (10.08 KiB) Viewed 1260 times

MC pack of corn chip last week was $5 and today is $6. s&S persad have a homemade potato chip recipe on their FB page so its homemade going forward.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 16th, 2022, 8:17 pm

apparently so

I watched the video and saw nothing that Massy isn't already doing.

Except for the chef with the big wooly beard giving free samples of beard hair.

:drinking:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 16th, 2022, 8:28 pm

johnson’s was better and one of first escalators

Dave wrote:Woolworth on Frederick street had a cafeteria.
Juice and a pie!

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 16th, 2022, 9:30 pm

How exactly you can be a chef with such a huge beard on your face and it isn't covered when serving food? People lose 100s of hairs on their bodies everyday, I won't be surprised if people get an extra surprise in their chef's table food.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 16th, 2022, 9:34 pm

^as we learned from covid, a lot of people just stink. Everybody involved in preparing food should have a mask and be hygienically covered, but we like people micro-spit in we food.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 16th, 2022, 9:36 pm

i tired find hair in food, bbq macaroni salad etc
you just eat around it
either you are observant or not and don’t know which don’t hurt

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 16th, 2022, 9:40 pm

Also looking at some of those people in this "gocerant", they should be the last people I would expect indulging in all that gluttony.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 17th, 2022, 12:00 am

wing wrote:People getting on like it's their money invested in this idea. Let the investors spend and lose their money as they see fit. Yes, it's an idea that's been done already, but as they say, all publicity is good publicity. You all either jealous that you never thought about it before, or can't afford to shop and dine there.

The People are sufferers :lol:

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 17th, 2022, 6:21 am

Rovin wrote:how many of u willing to admit u ever heard or come across word 'grocerant' b4 in daily life ? ... which trini does use that word in a sentence like "eh i going down by d grocerant eh" , even if u google it is not much results

If it can't be found in the dictionary, it's not a word.
They built it, they can call it whatever they want. grocerant, restery, food depot, mistake, gimmick, etc.
Fact still remains, the concept of being able to consume a meal while in a supermarket/grocery has been done by others before. Them trying to appear to be unique/different doesn't actually mean that they are unique/different.

Only thing different with this gimmick is the option to be able to see your meal while it's being made. Some may like that, some may not. Is your money, spend it wherever you want, on whatever you want.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 17th, 2022, 7:53 am

the blogger man in vid say he was so happy the samples was plenty

tuner sufferers could go and get a free meal

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 17th, 2022, 10:51 am

like we were saying in d davidsbeen here thread : food bloggers who get hired to do a job will always big up their employer , u ever hear any of them say well boi it coulda use a lil more seasoning or it salty or d curry eh all dat , is always yea it tasting good inno

& yes about d beard man , he hadda get a beard mask cause u trying to make a living cooking food for ppl to eat or simply cut it off ...

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 17th, 2022, 11:20 am

wait i now watching the video...... ent HiLo doing this since forever? Massy have relll food that they cook inhouse, plus the bakery.

I don't get it.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 17th, 2022, 11:26 am

it’s called marketing or remarketing
clearly it didn’t work on you

maj. tom wrote:
I don't get it.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 17th, 2022, 11:32 am

*shame* :oops: :cry:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 17th, 2022, 11:33 am

you doh like al dente pasta or large free samples or wha?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 17th, 2022, 11:45 am

d hilo by me doesnt have seats where u cud sit & eat though they been selling ready to carry cooked meals a few yrs going

food basket near fair n square did this over 10yrs ago when they had buffet style food by box & u could sit & eat , i used to go when they now opened but then an employee told a relative of mine that d meat were alleged freezer burned or what became opened & they used to cook with that , dunno if true or not but it turned me off & i never went back ... i think d prices kept going up too so i dont know if they still have it, that was yrs b4 it burnt down

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”