TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

1kingmed
Street 2NR

Re: What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby 1kingmed » May 31st, 2022, 9:48 pm

Thank you.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » June 1st, 2022, 6:50 am

Blower wheel/evaporator coils could be dirty. If these are plugged with dirt, then there is not enough air flow to push air into and through the coils. As such, there is insufficient air to pull the cold through the system. Too much cold refrigerant remains in the system and the unit ices up.

This also happens to me nearly every time close to my unit needing servicing.

Rayden6
Sweet on this forum

Postby Rayden6 » June 1st, 2022, 10:47 pm

It could be dirty also

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 2nd, 2022, 12:30 pm

Recent units have the metering device in the condenser so the small line leaving is part of the EVAP.

It's small to maintain pressure and prevent expansion until it reaches the EVAP.

Ice on the line means refrigerant expansion ie not enough volume in the system to maintain pressure at the volumetric flow through the lines.

In other words, yuh system short on refrigerant somehow.

Ice / frost on the larger line (suction line) indicates inability to pick up heat load.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » June 2nd, 2022, 2:36 pm

carluva wrote:Blower wheel/evaporator coils could be dirty. If these are plugged with dirt, then there is not enough air flow to push air into and through the coils. As such, there is insufficient air to pull the cold through the system. Too much cold refrigerant remains in the system and the unit ices up.

This also happens to me nearly every time close to my unit needing servicing.

This is my experience with lines icing up as well. Once I clean the blower wheel, coils and filters it stops icing and resumes working without issues.

agent007
punchin NOS

What the Best Split level AC Units...Carrier LG, Panasonic?

Postby agent007 » June 3rd, 2022, 10:46 pm

I’ve been compiling a list of ductless split air-conditioning units brands. See below:

ADA
Air-Com
Air-o-Matic
Airway
Aeon
Amana
Americ Aire
American Standard
Armco
Atexxo
Aufit
Aux
Baxi
Beko
Black Star
Bluesonic
Bluestar
Bosch
Carisol
Carrier
Centek
Century
Chigo
Ciac
Classic America
Climate Right
Climaveneta
Cold Star
Coleman
Comfee
Comfort Air
Comfort Star
Condura
Cooling Direct
Cooper Hunter
Covac
Daewoo
Daikin
Daizuki
Danfoss
Della
Delta
Ductless Aire
Ecoair
Ecox
EGW
Electrolux
Electromax
Ex
Forbes
Frigidaire
Friedrich
Fujieco
Fujitsu
Gang Ling
Gazhal
General
General Electric (GE)
Gree
Green Energy
Haier
Haiser
Heiko
Hessaire
Hisense
Hitachi
Hyundai
Infiniti
Innovair
Intense Cool
K-Star
Kaden
Kanion
Katashi
KEG
Kelvinator
Kentatsu
Kenwood
Klimaire
Kinematic
KRG
Lennox
LG
Mabe
Mastertech
Matrix
MG
Midea
Milexus
Mirage
Misubesi
Mitsubishi Electric
Mr Cool
Nexus
Olmo
Omega
Onida
Panasonic
Peake
Perfect Aire
Pioneer
Premium
Ramsond
RE
Rheem
Rinnai
Rovsun
Samsung
Satori
Schneider Electric
Senville
Sharp
Skyrun
Solar Green
Speed
Star Air
Startec
Stream Line
Super General
TCL
Teco
Tempblue
Tempstar
Toshiba
Tosot
Turbo Air
Vestar
Voltas
Vista
YMGI
Yonan
York
Whirlpool
Windy
Wisnow
Zantia

(136)

Note: List periodically updated

The one that caught my eye is the explosion proof line from Atexxo. What’s your thoughts on explosion proof now nerve?
Last edited by agent007 on June 3rd, 2022, 10:46 pm, edited 22 times in total.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 3rd, 2022, 10:55 pm

Post specs.

Explosion proof probably means thicker lines designed to handle more pressure from dirty coils, extended service intervals or failed condenser fan motor.

Thinner lines allow better heat exchange across the walls.

It's a give and take.

With hydroscopic Poe oil in use, reactivity with moisture will still allow for degradation and decomposition while reducing copper from inside and break down of compressor motor coil winding insulation when linesets are not evacuated properly prior to commissioning.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » June 3rd, 2022, 11:32 pm

agent007 wrote:I’ve been compiling a list of ductless split air-conditioning units brands. See below:

The one that caught my eye is the explosion proof line from Atexxo. What’s your thoughts on explosion proof now nerve?

Explosion what now??!?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 3rd, 2022, 11:38 pm

I understand better now nerve, much thanks.

Frank, see below:
https://atexxo.com/

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 4th, 2022, 12:18 am

https://atexxo.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... -airco.jpg

I guess what you paying for is something that pass QA and QC up to a certain standard.

Most motors are already split phase induction, they comprise of only two parts. a rotor and stator, no brushes. Rotor on a shaft with two bearings on each end.

The rest are BLDC, from the looks of it, that's what these come with.

Relays probably replaced by solid state relays but as is they are sealed.

Epoxy coatings can be added to boards and components making them water proof as well. Action is the coating being used currently around here.

Their line of products:

https://actioncorrosion.com.au/

Wilog is the dealer.

http://wiloggroup.com/

but thank you for this link:

https://atexxo.com/products/ex-proof-smart-phones/

I was wondering if my phone made the cut.

side note: R32 in itself is flammable

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 4th, 2022, 1:34 am

Nerve,

So I take it the industrial complexes and estates in Trinidad would have explosion proof AC units in keeping with safety protocols?

R32 is still considered the newer and safer refrigerant than R410a despite being more flammable?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 4th, 2022, 2:15 am

agent007 wrote:Nerve,

So I take it the industrial complexes and estates in Trinidad would have explosion proof AC units in keeping with safety protocols?

R32 is still considered the newer and safer refrigerant than R410a despite being more flammable?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You setting me up to have it out with HSE :drinking:

Rightfully those in risky environments can have contactors relocated in explosion proof boxes but most come sealed to an extent in recent models. Unless someone removed the cover the contacts are sealed to a level that can be considered safe especially with the condensing unit being vented.

Smaller models like 1 and 1.5 tonne use relays inside on the boards.

Inverter types use soft start motors with soft starters. Not much of anything to pose a risk.

The evaporators located inside are as much of a risk as light switches, kitchen appliances, appliances and mobile devices if flammable fumes were to enter. Buildings are also fitted with gas detectors that are routinely checked and maintained.

Of course extra protection on systems can do no harm is budget permits.

Most of what you will find in environments that would be a risk have the internals inside a sealed explosion proof cabinet.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/A8neazwVQSU

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Ay-pwdwC9zU

seems shorts can be embedded

This is one that the local branch of multinational company use. Its found on platforms on marine vessels rented out to clients.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 4th, 2022, 2:23 am

R32 is safe in the essence that the charge volume is insufficient to create a flammable mix if it was vented into the respective room that it was sized for.

All of the new refrigerants are in fact hydrocarbon blends or pure hydrocarbon. Proper practice eliminates risk of explosion / fire.

Phase out of 410a is currently in effect. 410a is 50% R32 by weight anyways.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » June 4th, 2022, 11:05 am

Much thanks for your explanations bro. I actually understand more when you break it down like that vs reading a bunch of high level jargon on the web.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 21st, 2022, 9:09 pm

any AC men can tell me what is the issue with a lennox split ac giving an F2 error on the screen an nothing working. is it a sensor or just replace the entire board ?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » June 21st, 2022, 9:18 pm

Usually just the sensor. But I ain't an AC man

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 21st, 2022, 9:19 pm

https://lennoxglobal.com/en/PDF/Lennox_Mini%20split_11.5REE_Error_Codes(ENG).pdf

Malfunction Name
Indoor evaporator temperature sensor is open/shortcircuited

Display Method of Indoor Unit
(Error Code) F2

A/C Status
The unit will stop operation as it
reaches the temperature point.
During cooling and drying operation,
except IDU fan operates, other
loads stop operation; During heating
operation, the complete unit stops
operation.

Possible Causes(For specific maintenance method, please refer to the following procedure of troubleshooting)
1.The wiring terminal between indoor evaporator
temperature sensor and main board is loosened or poorly
contacted;
2.Theres short circuit due to the trip-over of the parts on
controller;
3.Indoor evaporator temperature sensor is damaged
(Please check it by referring to the resistance table for
temperature sensor)
4. Main board is broken

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 22nd, 2022, 2:00 am

daring dragoon wrote:any AC men can tell me what is the issue with a lennox split ac giving an F2 error on the screen an nothing working. is it a sensor or just replace the entire board ?

These things no longer fresh off the top of my head.

If its room temp sensor, unjack it and power up.

Pull plug, raise cover, press both hinges either to the left or right one at a time and pull forward gently. They should come out.

If yours has the display mounted to the cover remove the screws, they should come out with a size 1 phillip head. remove phillip head screw off cover to your right over the electrical panel and gently pull forward, it should come out.

If display mounted to the frame, no worries. remove screws still and remove, leave it attached top the cable. remove all screws from the frame in line with the condensate pan over the louver.

Pull louver open, it will reset itself on startup. There should be a plastic attachment at the center holding it in place with a pivot / guide on which it rotates. Shift it to the right to disengage the pivot and pull forward. Your swing motor should be on the right, its a female rectangular groove the rectangular rotor tip fits in. With the center forming a belly towards you hold the left half of the louver and pull it towards the center. it should come out the groove and then do the right side, it should come off the motor.

Has a rectangular tab covering one longer screw in the center at the bottom of the vent, remove.

There are 4 rectangular tabs at the top nearest the wall. Start from the left, get a very small flat head and fit it between the grey hook and white body. Nearest the back side of the rectangle hole. You want to either raise the white part a bit or press the grey part down. Push the body towards the wall while raising and pull it forward, it should come off. No do the rest.

Inspect to make sure everything free, some models have the thermostat in yellow passing out from under the electrical tab through a groove into the front under the filters. Fish it through and make sure your display etc can fish through it.

Might be wise to remove the filters. There are two plastic rods holding the face in place within two groves along the front where the condensate pan runs. Hold the entire white shell and yank it forward about a three inches. Saying "rahhh!" while doing so is optional.

You have access to your board now. Should have some size one phillip head screws and maybe a size two underneath somewhere. Remove and pay attention to the tabs on the cover, pop the cover and there in your board. Slide it forward, its in a groove. Look for your jack, un-jack.

If it was never molested before there should be a red piece of plastic on the jack preventing you from squeezing the tab. pry it out with a small screwdriver.

power up and see if you get the same error.

Your swing motor would have moved so it may be wise to fit back in your lover in it and get it to a position where it easy to put back in. if it reset the position will be set where it closed and you will need a birdbeak pliers to move it and risk damaging it.

Some lovers have a plastic thingamagij in the center that you can place a flat head under the flat part and pry off. it likes to pitch to beware.

Do the reverse for assembly.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 22nd, 2022, 2:05 am

Here are some hopefully helpful pics.

Yes my ac is scrapped out, yes I have a rag plugging the hole in the wall, no it has no screws and yes the display has been hanging there some time now.

Also, yes, it needs servicing....
IMG_20220622_021353.jpg
IMG_20220622_021311.jpg
IMG_20220622_021304.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 22nd, 2022, 2:44 am

And wrt question on contactors in classified environments, see pics.

Brand new Edison double pole in pic in plastic with cover on also shown.

The other two are parts.
IMG_20220622_025400.jpg
IMG_20220622_025321.jpg

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 22nd, 2022, 8:17 pm

Is this burnt or normal color? This was the sensor for the evap coil.
20220622_200052.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » June 22nd, 2022, 9:30 pm

Normel, if yo have a good digital multi-meter check the resistance value of it, its a 5 kilo ohm sensor, place average low 30's high 20's ambient now so you should get anywhere around 3500 ohm.

Thing like 500 ohm and shiz mean scrap iron man for it.

That's just oxidation on the copper surface.

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » August 6th, 2022, 12:38 am

Hey fellas just found this thread. Recently my lennox inverter 12k failed the technician said there are leaks and rust in the condensor. I was wondering if it's possible to source a condensor and match it with the functioning compressor.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 6th, 2022, 1:18 am

boxy wrote:Hey fellas just found this thread. Recently my lennox inverter 12k failed the technician said there are leaks and rust in the condensor. I was wondering if it's possible to source a condensor and match it with the functioning compressor.

nada, you wont get a condenser alone to buy. And its not mix and match, those match with the evaporator where there is a communications wire that relays info back and forth between both devices. Its not the standard on/ off unit.

Leaks are quite possible from improper install or environmental aspects. These units not standing up to the weather.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7D3XH26/re ... 8e4f1f17da

most of what everyone keep asking can be found in hurr, forgot to share it hurr.

Shouldn't have much of any questions after and should be far wiser.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 6th, 2022, 9:09 am

So he hadda buy a whole new unit? That is a big caveat people should know upfront for when purchasing those. Or is it any unit that happening to?

One technical thing in that video "Solids to liquids to gases" intermolecular attractive forces don't become weak enough as temperature increases, they actually don't change. The London Dispersion Forces between molecules which are caused at the quantum level of atoms' various unsymmetrical electrons orbitals around the nucleus (and this cannot change if you merely apply heat to a substance) and atoms constantly and spontaneously and randomly deforming (more like wobbling; there is no rigid, fixed in space structure of an atom) which cause dipole moments to form. Thus the molecules are held together by the collective sum of the attractive dipoles which are a weak force.

When temperature increases, what happens is that the molecules vibrate and gain enough kinetic energy to suddenly overcome those weak forces (the forces do not change) which causes the phase change. And this Kinetic Molecular Theory is also shown in a phase diagram for a substance where we see it still remains a liquid even if temperature changes, but pressure of the gas increases. The kinetic energy of the molecules are held in check by the pressure and are still held by the dipole forces in place. [This has so many implications and complications like 'electron degeneracy pressure' on massive scales like the gas in a star] If the pressure suddenly decreases, the molecules can now move, they have enough kinteic energy to overcome the bond forces between them.

I know this doesn't mean anything on the core topic what you're writing about, but I think that there should be no gaps in explaining a concept because theory builds upon theory in the real world.

whizzard
3NE 2NR for life

Postby whizzard » August 11th, 2022, 9:18 am

Have a Katashi cassette type inverter unit. It got an electrical spike and now it displays E1 and the condenser doesn't turn on when the unit it on. AC tech said we needed to replace the 2 boards in the condenser. We did, but it didn't fix the problem. Now they're saying we may need to change the board in the cassette unit. Looking at the original board from the condenser, only one capacitor looks blown on one board but they said it's because it's an inverter unit you can't change just one, but all the boards needed to be changed. Doesn't make sense to me as the boards are being sold separately.

Can anyone advise please?

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 11th, 2022, 9:32 am

whizzard wrote:Have a Katashi cassette type inverter unit. It got an electrical spike and now it displays E1 and the condenser doesn't turn on when the unit it on. AC tech said we needed to replace the 2 boards in the condenser. We did, but it didn't fix the problem. Now they're saying we may need to change the board in the cassette unit. Looking at the original board from the condenser, only one capacitor looks blown on one board but they said it's because it's an inverter unit you can't change just one, but all the boards needed to be changed. Doesn't make sense to me as the boards are being sold separately.

Currently experiencing similar issue with a Carrier mini-split inverter. Found breaker tripped and E1 after unit was turned for 5 minutes. Found a fried lizard inside condenser board compartment. Waiting to hear if the board can be repaired...

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 11th, 2022, 5:29 pm

whizzard wrote:Have a Katashi cassette type inverter unit. It got an electrical spike and now it displays E1 and the condenser doesn't turn on when the unit it on. AC tech said we needed to replace the 2 boards in the condenser. We did, but it didn't fix the problem. Now they're saying we may need to change the board in the cassette unit. Looking at the original board from the condenser, only one capacitor looks blown on one board but they said it's because it's an inverter unit you can't change just one, but all the boards needed to be changed. Doesn't make sense to me as the boards are being sold separately.

Change your techs, Contact Nervewrecker, he is the AC guru.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 11th, 2022, 8:02 pm

lol dem ac tech sound like dey eh know which way current does flow through a diode. Call on we resident ac expert here nervewrecker.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 11th, 2022, 8:29 pm

what is max working temp the compressor coudl sustain?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”