TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

New Cruze

Daihatsu, Isuzu, Daewoo, Chevy, Holden etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

New Cruze

Postby Capleton » July 10th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Got a chance to test drive the new Cruze at the launch over the weekend. All i got to say is DAMN!!!!!! That 1.4L Turbo have some serious toes. 153bhp may not seem like much on paper, but the power delivery was excellent!!! Actually makes driving the car, fun and enjoyable!!! For a small engine/turbo you can actually feel when the boost hits and then the party starts!!! The interior was pretty nice and the Chevy MyLink is flawless for iPhone. Def not bad looking either!!!

The LTZ was priced at $229,950 and the LT at $209,950, with both coming with a $20,000 GM cash back. Which kinda puts this in the Elantra and Cerato territory, so the competition better take note.

Anyone else got a chance to get behind the wheel of one? What are your thoughts?

mars
3NE 2NR for life

Re: New Cruze

Postby mars » July 15th, 2017, 7:02 pm

Yeah - took a test drive today - on point! Handles very well, interior features very cool. Not much difference between LT and LTZ beside leather seats, sunroof and some automatic features. May definitely go for an LT...

Draq
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Draq » August 14th, 2017, 6:13 pm

anybody bought the new 2017 cruze yet ? how is the drive going so far?

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » August 20th, 2017, 3:23 am

Hey, yea i bought one have it for almost a month now, an LTZ in the dark blue, i must say that colour grew on me, i really wanted a black or grey but they were sold out, amazingly the red was sold out also.

Exterior:-
So my favorite exterior feature is prob the headlights and fogs, both projectors, they light up the road really well, initially i was thinking about changing out the LED bulbs or an HID kit but when i saw how bright the lights were i decided I'd keep them stock, the trunk and doors all have a nice quality, solid feel when closing them, very VW-ish, break dust isn't as much as i thought it would have been, wheels are moderately easy to clean.

Interior:-
Absolutely love the interior, the leather seats are tremendously comfortable, got more than one comment on that from some friends, i like the quality feel of everything, from the chrome door handles to the piano black trim, only thing is they attract a lot of dust and finger prints, i have to remember not to feel up the dashboard too much, sound system is good, they keep saying it's 6 speakers but the sales guy told me they're getting them with 7, it's loud ( for me ) the highs and mids are good, the bass isn't bad for factory speakers, one of the better factory systems i heard.

It's very easy to see out of, visibility is good, reverse camera and sensors help a lot, the interior has a lot of lighting which is good, from the rear, to the front to even the sun visor mirrors.

Ac works really well, i think it can go as low as 14 degrees Celsius which is freezing to me.

The Drive:-
Ah yes, the part everyone loves, so like you said, that engine is a hell of a piece of work, the car is quick, it has more torque than the Jetta and Civic i think 177 ftlbs, i don't think it's as fast as the Civic, on par with the Jetta however, but the car can pull, when the boost kicks in it just goes and pulls and pulls, i hit 140 in a matter of seconds then i realize I'm speeding and have to slow down.

Gas Mileage:-
Right, so most of my driving is done on the east west corridor, Arima to Barataria is my work commute, currently on three days I've used about quarter tank of gas, thats Arima to Barataria and back for 3 days straight, started on a full tank, so all in the gas mileage is ok, I'm hoping it improves as the engine breaks in more, the manual says as the engine gains more mileage the economy will get better, so I'm waiting to see if it's true.

Brakes are the best I've used in any vehicle, compared to an Impreza, Focus and Mazda 6, they haul down really hard.

Suspension is very good, the car drives really smoothly and soaks up our bad roads really well, no rattles or noises, just a nice solid feel with good handling, I haven't noticed a difference with TC on or off in terms of it making a difference in handling, either that or I'm not pushing the car hard enough.

To sum it up, the car is pretty amazing for the price point, I really really don't see why anyone would want to go back to a normal 1.5 pr 1.6 after experiencing that turbo power, everyone else just seems slow in comparison.

Oh on a side note, the trunk has the turbo badge, to me a lot of people seems to want to race me now :lol: :lol:

Draq wrote:anybody bought the new 2017 cruze yet ? how is the drive going so far?

mars
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mars » August 20th, 2017, 2:26 pm

Draq wrote:anybody bought the new 2017 cruze yet ? how is the drive going so far?

Have an LTZ Turbo for about a month now as well - excellent.

Engine - very, very fast; great acceleration. Previous Kia Cerato Coupe 1.6 is a snail compared to this.

Suspension - real smooth, no complaints here.

Interior - leather and comfort factor very good, but door pockets and centre console oddly placed - kinda have to twist your hand to get anything into and out of them.

Best feature for me is Apple CarPlay support. Stereo sound is pretty poor though - especially compared to the one in the Colorados.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 20th, 2017, 9:52 pm

The LTZ turbo comes with 7 speakers. You will get better performance by disabling the traction and stability control systems. Simple hold down the tcs button for more than 5s and both the TCS and ESC lights will indicate that driving aids are off. Brake boost on a stop light and mash out and you'll chirp tyres and get some slight torque steer. Saw a little wildness between a black one and a Teana 250 which is a 2.5V6 car and that Nissan didn't stand a chance. Deceptive little cars, those new cruze's! Drive safely guys, make sure and maintain your cars with the company and enjoy.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » August 21st, 2017, 3:24 pm

agent007 wrote:The LTZ turbo comes with 7 speakers. You will get better performance by disabling the traction and stability control systems. Simple hold down the tcs button for more than 5s and both the TCS and ESC lights will indicate that driving aids are off. Brake boost on a stop light and mash out and you'll chirp tyres and get some slight torque steer. Saw a little wildness between a black one and a Teana 250 which is a 2.5V6 car and that Nissan didn't stand a chance. Deceptive little cars, those new cruze's! Drive safely guys, make sure and maintain your cars with the company and enjoy.

Laddd, u gonna get me in trouble you know lol I'm tempted to try it.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » August 21st, 2017, 5:26 pm

zando wrote:
agent007 wrote:The LTZ turbo comes with 7 speakers. You will get better performance by disabling the traction and stability control systems. Simple hold down the tcs button for more than 5s and both the TCS and ESC lights will indicate that driving aids are off. Brake boost on a stop light and mash out and you'll chirp tyres and get some slight torque steer. Saw a little wildness between a black one and a Teana 250 which is a 2.5V6 car and that Nissan didn't stand a chance. Deceptive little cars, those new cruze's! Drive safely guys, make sure and maintain your cars with the company and enjoy.

Laddd, u gonna get me in trouble you know lol I'm tempted to try it.

Out of curiosity, what is special abt a Cruze chirping tyres under those conditions?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » August 21st, 2017, 5:35 pm

There is absolutely nothing special about it racedrive! It's just an indication of how the TCS and ESC limits full power to the wheels when "OFF" so if a driver is desirous of an aggressive launch, the slight tyre chirp is what to expect. When those driving assist aids are ON, however, you will not get that. I would say, it only becomes absolutely necessary to do that if doing a timed run on an approved drag strip to get the best possible acceleration and quarter mile times. Under regular conditions though, its absolutely unnecessary. In fact I would go as far as saying, don't even do any madness with that car especially a new one as the new 6T35 transmission is yet to prove itself in terms of improved strength and reliability which ultimately results in longevity.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » August 22nd, 2017, 12:02 am

agent007 wrote:There is absolutely nothing special about it racedrive! It's just an indication of how the TCS and ESC limits full power to the wheels when "OFF" so if a driver is desirous of an aggressive launch, the slight tyre chirp is what to expect. When those driving assist aids are ON, however, you will not get that. I would say, it only becomes absolutely necessary to do that if doing a timed run on an approved drag strip to get the best possible acceleration and quarter mile times. Under regular conditions though, its absolutely unnecessary. In fact I would go as far as saying, don't even do any madness with that car especially a new one as the new 6T35 transmission is yet to prove itself in terms of improved strength and reliability which ultimately results in longevity.

Ok..scn

mars
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mars » August 22nd, 2017, 2:33 pm

agent007 wrote:Brake boost on a stop light and mash out and you'll chirp tyres and get some slight torque steer.

What do you mean by "brake boost"? I know about double-tapping the accelerator to get a faster take off...

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » August 22nd, 2017, 2:57 pm

mars wrote:
agent007 wrote:Brake boost on a stop light and mash out and you'll chirp tyres and get some slight torque steer.

What do you mean by "brake boost"? I know about double-tapping the accelerator to get a faster take off...

Hold the brake and accelerator simultaneously to spool the turbo a bit then letting off the brake. Can be done while moving or from standstill.

mars
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mars » August 22nd, 2017, 3:01 pm

Thanks. Thought so but wasn't sure...

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » August 22nd, 2017, 3:12 pm

racedriverpro wrote:
mars wrote:

Hold the brake and accelerator simultaneously to spool the turbo a bit then letting off the brake. Can be done while moving or from standstill.

The muricans call that brake torquing.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » August 22nd, 2017, 3:48 pm

I would assume that the difference between torquing and boost depends on presence of a turbo

Draq
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Draq » August 22nd, 2017, 4:47 pm

zando wrote:Hey, yea i bought one have it for almost a month now, an LTZ in the dark blue, i must say that colour grew on me, i really wanted a black or grey but they were sold out, amazingly the red was sold out also.

So my favorite exterior feature is prob the headlights and fogs, both projectors, they light up the road really well, initially i was thinking about changing out the LED bulbs or an HID kit but when i saw how bright the lights were i decided I'd keep them stock, the trunk and doors all have a nice quality, solid feel when closing them, very VW-ish, break dust isn't as much as i thought it would have been, wheels are moderately easy to clean.

Absolutely love the interior, the leather seats are tremendously comfortable, got more than one comment on that from some friends, i like the quality feel of everything, from the chrome door handles to the piano black trim, only thing is they attract a lot of dust and finger prints, i have to remember not to feel up the dashboard too much, sound system is good, they keep saying it's 6 speakers but the sales guy told me they're getting them with 7, it's loud ( for me ) the highs and mids are good, the bass isn't bad for factory speakers, one of the better factory systems i heard.

It's very easy to see out of, visibility is good, reverse camera and sensors help a lot, the interior has a lot of lighting which is good, from the rear, to the front to even the sun visor mirrors.

Ac works really well, i think it can go as low as 14 degrees Celsius which is freezing to me.

Ah yes, the part everyone loves, so like you said, that engine is a hell of a piece of work, the car is quick, it has more torque than the Jetta and Civic i think 177 ftlbs, i don't think it's as fast as the Civic, on par with the Jetta however, but the car can pull, when the boost kicks in it just goes and pulls and pulls, i hit 140 in a matter of seconds then i realize I'm speeding and have to slow down.

Right, so most of my driving is done on the east west corridor, Arima to Barataria is my work commute, currently on three days I've used about quarter tank of gas, thats Arima to Barataria and back for 3 days straight, started on a full tank, so all in the gas mileage is ok, I'm hoping it improves as the engine breaks in more, the manual says as the engine gains more mileage the economy will get better, so I'm waiting to see if it's true.

Brakes are the best I've used in any vehicle, compared to an Impreza, Focus and Mazda 6, they haul down really hard.

Suspension is very good, the car drives really smoothly and soaks up our bad roads really well, no rattles or noises, just a nice solid feel with good handling, I haven't noticed a difference with TC on or off in terms of it making a difference in handling, either that or I'm not pushing the car hard enough.

To sum it up, the car is pretty amazing for the price point, I really really don't see why anyone would want to go back to a normal 1.5 pr 1.6 after experiencing that turbo power, everyone else just seems slow in comparison.

Oh on a side note, the trunk has the turbo badge, to me a lot of people seems to want to race me now :lol: :lol:

Great!! I am getting the red ltz thursday :D i hope it meets my expectations !

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » August 22nd, 2017, 6:11 pm

Draq wrote:
zando wrote:Hey, yea i bought one have it for almost a month now, an LTZ in the dark blue, i must say that colour grew on me, i really wanted a black or grey but they were sold out, amazingly the red was sold out also.

Oh on a side note, the trunk has the turbo badge, to me a lot of people seems to want to race me now

Yea man, congrats! We might bounce up in the service Bay lol

mars
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mars » August 23rd, 2017, 12:08 am

Draq wrote:Great!! I am getting the red ltz thursday :D i hope it meets my expectations !

Hmmm - how you manage to get red and they keep telling me it sold out right through??? :shock:

Draq
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Draq » August 23rd, 2017, 7:41 am

mars wrote:
Draq wrote:Great!! I am getting the red ltz thursday :D i hope it meets my expectations !

Hmmm - how you manage to get red and they keep telling me it sold out right through??? :shock:

no idea... when i went the to the sale when they released the new cruze I said I was interested in the red ltz, maybe he kept if for me :lol: just lucky I guess :mrgreen:

Draq
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Draq » August 23rd, 2017, 7:45 am

zando wrote:
Draq wrote:

Oh on a side note, the trunk has the turbo badge, to me a lot of people seems to want to race me now

Yea man, congrats! We might bounce up in the service Bay lol

yea that's possible well see you there 8)

Draq
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Draq » August 28th, 2017, 10:17 pm

how much km u guys gettin on a full tank.. mines sucking... i getting approx. 90km on a 1/4 tank with a little spirited driving with ac on an some traffic....... so in total like 360km on full tank and mines hasnt even crossed 500km yet

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » August 28th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Draq wrote:how much km u guys gettin on a full tank.. mines sucking... i getting approx. 90km on a 1/4 tank with a little spirited driving with ac on an some traffic....... so in total like 360km on full tank and mines hasnt even crossed 500km yet

My commute to work and back is Barataria to arima, 4 days of that used almost half tank for me.

Draq
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Draq » August 29th, 2017, 4:39 pm

zando wrote:
Draq wrote:how much km u guys gettin on a full tank.. mines sucking... i getting approx. 90km on a 1/4 tank with a little spirited driving with ac on an some traffic....... so in total like 360km on full tank and mines hasnt even crossed 500km yet

My commute to work and back is Barataria to arima, 4 days of that used almost half tank for me.

yea thats about the same. today i used a lil more than a half tank and i got 219 km . d the nze i had sipped gas i used to get like 480-580 on a full tank but i guess the turbo and the lil pace burning tru it quicker

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » August 29th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Draq wrote:
zando wrote:

yea thats about the same. today i used a lil more than a half tank and i got 219 km . d the nze i had sipped gas i used to get like 480-580 on a full tank but i guess the turbo and the lil pace burning tru it quicker

Do you have the lt or ltz? I'm getting an issue with mine, it's randomly not starting sometimes, I have to open the driver door and close it back for t recognize the key properly for it to start, second time I'm back by lifestyle for this issue, also the wiper blades suck lol I told them bout that also, if they change them and I'm still getting the issue then I'll just buy some bosch or somn, the blades work like real shyte, noisy and chattery.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » September 10th, 2017, 1:21 pm

Hmm wonder if it was u Friday...

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » September 10th, 2017, 1:53 pm

racedriverpro wrote:

Lol I was doing the night shift, so would have been on the road between 9 to 10 pm.

Draq
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Draq » September 12th, 2017, 8:11 pm

racedriverpro wrote:

that was u in kfc morvant drive thru? i beep u ur d black ltz? :lol:

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » September 12th, 2017, 8:36 pm

Draq wrote:
racedriverpro wrote:

that was u in kfc morvant drive thru? i beep u ur d black ltz?

Hahahahaha nah mine is blue, n nah wasn't me.

Draq
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Draq » September 12th, 2017, 8:42 pm

zando wrote:
Draq wrote:
racedriverpro wrote:

I know it wasnt u bai loll i was talking to [quote="racedriverpro"] loll

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » September 12th, 2017, 10:00 pm

Draq wrote:
zando wrote:
Draq wrote:
racedriverpro wrote:

I know it wasnt u bai loll i was talking to
racedriverpro wrote: loll
Nah I don't drive a Cruze.

Advertisement

Return to “OTHER Manufacturers”