TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » September 27th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:Renault krew, what have you done lately to your car?


Pull out speakers and put in rockford fosgate P152's


You got them locally or overseas? I am looking for a set to put in my Megane.


Overseas, hard to find them locally.


Thanks...
How's the car running?


Good, battery died after I installed the speakers though I killed it lolz.
Have to repair the window regulators, ordering some repair kits off Ebay UK

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » November 6th, 2012, 4:17 pm

Anyone know where to get brake lights for megane 2 hatchback?

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » November 6th, 2012, 9:52 pm

brand new?

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » November 7th, 2012, 8:56 am

If I cud get one off a scrap at a good price I would consider.

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » November 8th, 2012, 12:10 am

see diagram
Attachments
Megane 2 Hatchback Lights.jpg

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » January 15th, 2013, 7:01 pm

1.6 16v Mk 2 1598 116 PS (85 kW) 195 km/h (121 mph) 10.8


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_M% ... .932008.29

This cannot be right, my brother's doesn't come near to this :/

Anyhow, looking for a left brake light cover and right side door mirror (entire mirror assembly) for the megane II hatch. My brother hit it, a few times :/

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » January 16th, 2013, 1:04 pm

DVSTT wrote:
1.6 16v Mk 2 1598 116 PS (85 kW) 195 km/h (121 mph) 10.8


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_M% ... .932008.29

This cannot be right, my brother's doesn't come near to this :/

Anyhow, looking for a left brake light cover and right side door mirror (entire mirror assembly) for the megane II hatch. My brother hit it, a few times :/



Allyuh removed the VVT or wha?

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » January 16th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
1.6 16v Mk 2 1598 116 PS (85 kW) 195 km/h (121 mph) 10.8


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_M% ... .932008.29

This cannot be right, my brother's doesn't come near to this :/

Anyhow, looking for a left brake light cover and right side door mirror (entire mirror assembly) for the megane II hatch. My brother hit it, a few times :/



Allyuh removed the VVT or wha?


No, car is bone stock except for the speakers

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » January 16th, 2013, 5:19 pm

DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
1.6 16v Mk 2 1598 116 PS (85 kW) 195 km/h (121 mph) 10.8


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_M% ... .932008.29

This cannot be right, my brother's doesn't come near to this :/

Anyhow, looking for a left brake light cover and right side door mirror (entire mirror assembly) for the megane II hatch. My brother hit it, a few times :/



Allyuh removed the VVT or wha?


No, car is bone stock except for the speakers


I doubt you will want to go have it dynoed to see what your engine is outputting..

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » January 16th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
1.6 16v Mk 2 1598 116 PS (85 kW) 195 km/h (121 mph) 10.8


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_M% ... .932008.29

This cannot be right, my brother's doesn't come near to this :/

Anyhow, looking for a left brake light cover and right side door mirror (entire mirror assembly) for the megane II hatch. My brother hit it, a few times :/



Allyuh removed the VVT or wha?


No, car is bone stock except for the speakers


I doubt you will want to go have it dynoed to see what your engine is outputting..


no, that would be embarassing :/. But what could cause such a huge drop in top speed?

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » January 16th, 2013, 6:54 pm

DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
1.6 16v Mk 2 1598 116 PS (85 kW) 195 km/h (121 mph) 10.8


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_M% ... .932008.29

This cannot be right, my brother's doesn't come near to this :/

Anyhow, looking for a left brake light cover and right side door mirror (entire mirror assembly) for the megane II hatch. My brother hit it, a few times :/



Allyuh removed the VVT or wha?


No, car is bone stock except for the speakers


I doubt you will want to go have it dynoed to see what your engine is outputting..


no, that would be embarassing :/. But what could cause such a huge drop in top speed?



Have you ever had it scanned?
You running super unleaded or premium?
What spark plugs are you using? What about the coil packs and the brand? Aif filter..
Many factors bro...

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » January 16th, 2013, 7:02 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
1.6 16v Mk 2 1598 116 PS (85 kW) 195 km/h (121 mph) 10.8


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_M% ... .932008.29

This cannot be right, my brother's doesn't come near to this :/

Anyhow, looking for a left brake light cover and right side door mirror (entire mirror assembly) for the megane II hatch. My brother hit it, a few times :/



Allyuh removed the VVT or wha?


No, car is bone stock except for the speakers


I doubt you will want to go have it dynoed to see what your engine is outputting..


no, that would be embarassing :/. But what could cause such a huge drop in top speed?



Have you ever had it scanned?
You running super unleaded or premium?
What spark plugs are you using? What about the coil packs and the brand? Aif filter..
Many factors bro...


Always on premium, beru coil packs, changed less than a year ago, air filter changed recently and cleaned regularly, yes it has been scanned around the time the coil packs were changed last year october. Spark plugs, I'm not sure which ones are being used, Khemraj always services it, so would be whatever spark plugs he uses I guess.

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » January 16th, 2013, 7:48 pm

DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
1.6 16v Mk 2 1598 116 PS (85 kW) 195 km/h (121 mph) 10.8


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_M% ... .932008.29

This cannot be right, my brother's doesn't come near to this :/

Anyhow, looking for a left brake light cover and right side door mirror (entire mirror assembly) for the megane II hatch. My brother hit it, a few times :/



Allyuh removed the VVT or wha?


No, car is bone stock except for the speakers


I doubt you will want to go have it dynoed to see what your engine is outputting..


no, that would be embarassing :/. But what could cause such a huge drop in top speed?



Have you ever had it scanned?
You running super unleaded or premium?
What spark plugs are you using? What about the coil packs and the brand? Aif filter..
Many factors bro...


Always on premium, beru coil packs, changed less than a year ago, air filter changed recently and cleaned regularly, yes it has been scanned around the time the coil packs were changed last year october. Spark plugs, I'm not sure which ones are being used, Khemraj always services it, so would be whatever spark plugs he uses I guess.


Well something is definitely affecting the performance on your K4M Engine bro. There are other factors that may affect your vehicle such as brand of tyres and size of wheels, etc.
Maybe your vehicle wasn't break in properly..

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » January 16th, 2013, 8:07 pm

Damn, you, 205 r16s on it. You ever ran your's to that speed?

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » January 16th, 2013, 8:55 pm

DVSTT wrote:Damn, you, 205 r16s on it. You ever ran your's to that speed?


With the Megane Classic, running on 195 60 15 Nitto Tyres, I used to reach the top speed comfortably with the K4M 701 engine. These does not have VVT.

I don't think 205s are recommended for the Megane 2s, as per manufacturer's recommendation.

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » January 16th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:Damn, you, 205 r16s on it. You ever ran your's to that speed?


With the Megane Classic, running on 195 60 15 Nitto Tyres, I used to reach the top speed comfortably with the K4M 701 engine. These does not have VVT.

I don't think 205s are recommended for the Megane 2s, as per manufacturer's recommendation.


This is the megane 2 hatch. I also run it at 31psi in the tires is that too low or too high?

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » January 16th, 2013, 9:11 pm

What brand of tyres?
You still running the original Renault rims?

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » January 16th, 2013, 9:21 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:What brand of tyres?
You still running the original Renault rims?


Durenza I think and yea originals.

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » January 16th, 2013, 9:27 pm

2.0 bars (29 psi)- FRONT
2.1 bars (30 psi)- REAR

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » January 16th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:2.0 bars (29 psi)- FRONT
2.1 bars (30 psi)- REAR


That's with the 195? What hp they put out originally? Around 113hp?

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » January 16th, 2013, 9:41 pm

DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:2.0 bars (29 psi)- FRONT
2.1 bars (30 psi)- REAR


That's with the 195? What hp they put out originally? Around 113hp?


I am not sure, especially with the Durenzas. If you check on your vehicle sticker that is located on the driver door pillar, you should see the required pressures and wheel sizes listed there.

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » January 16th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
DVSTT wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:2.0 bars (29 psi)- FRONT
2.1 bars (30 psi)- REAR


That's with the 195? What hp they put out originally? Around 113hp?


I am not sure, especially with the Durenzas. If you check on your vehicle sticker that is located on the driver door pillar, you should see the required pressures and wheel sizes listed there.


Kewl, I will check in the morning, going to give the car a detail.

el diablo
Ricer
Posts: 15
Joined: March 10th, 2009, 6:28 pm
Location: central

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby el diablo » January 25th, 2013, 10:37 pm

hello to all i am new to this forum recently acquired a renault scenic with a blown head gasket any advice on how to fix....thanks in advance

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » January 26th, 2013, 6:30 am

el diablo wrote:hello to all i am new to this forum recently acquired a renault scenic with a blown head gasket any advice on how to fix....thanks in advance


Is it the Megane Scenic 1 or 2?
Since the head gasket blown, the damage may or may not be extensive (bent valves, etc). The Megane 1 shares the K4M engine with the Megane Classic and a few of the Clio 2 Phase 2 that are 1.6.

Timing Belt and Water Pump would need checking.
Thermostat as well.

User avatar
DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6755
Joined: November 28th, 2011, 9:11 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby DVSTT » January 26th, 2013, 11:51 am

Hooked up an auxillary port to the stock deck. Sounds decent with the p152.

el diablo
Ricer
Posts: 15
Joined: March 10th, 2009, 6:28 pm
Location: central

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby el diablo » January 26th, 2013, 4:09 pm

thanks for replying pointman it is the scenic 1. the vehicle is still starting but not idling and the oil is milky.if you can tell me where to get an experienced mechanic and parts.i think i need a coil and used head

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2035
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » January 26th, 2013, 6:39 pm

el diablo wrote:thanks for replying pointman it is the scenic 1. the vehicle is still starting but not idling and the oil is milky.if you can tell me where to get an experienced mechanic and parts.i think i need a coil and used head


Depending on where you are, I could recommend someone for you.
Are there signs of oil/ oily substance in the coolant bottle?
When you say the vehicle starting and not idling, is it cutting off? - Best bet is to have this vehicle scanned. Hope it isn't the throttle body.
Was this the Scenic 1 that was for sale on here a little while ago?

el diablo
Ricer
Posts: 15
Joined: March 10th, 2009, 6:28 pm
Location: central

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby el diablo » January 27th, 2013, 9:12 pm

hello pointman thanks again.i am from couva. no it was not up for sale.water in coolant bottle is being completely used up and the engine oil is literally milky white,the vehicle is only cutting off when you put it in drive or reverse

Safeq
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 363
Joined: November 8th, 2005, 10:27 am
Location: Spitting fire
Contact:

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Safeq » January 29th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Thinking about selling engine and transmission from a 1.4 16v clio. The second type with the round back lights.

PM if anyone is interested.

User avatar
symplesam
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: September 7th, 2012, 2:49 pm

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby symplesam » January 29th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Price?

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest