TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Re: RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby Pointman-IA » January 30th, 2013, 12:33 pm

Safeq wrote:Thinking about selling engine and transmission from a 1.4 16v clio. The second type with the round back lights.

PM if anyone is interested.

You selling the car as well?

Safeq
Sweet on this forum

Postby Safeq » January 30th, 2013, 12:49 pm

Thinking about selling everything or just the engine and transmission.

Still working out a price. Was checking if there was any interest

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » January 30th, 2013, 1:00 pm

How much you calling for it?

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » March 30th, 2013, 9:48 pm

What's going on in here?

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » April 5th, 2013, 10:03 pm

Anyone looking for specific OEM Renault parts?

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 12th, 2013, 10:05 pm

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » June 14th, 2013, 12:44 pm

Clio 2 Full Bulb Guide.
Attachments
PH2 Tailight.jpg
PY21W (581) ---Indicator

P21W (382) ----Fog

P21/5W (380) --Brake/Rear Light

P21W (382) ----Reverse Light
PH2 Tailight.jpg (25.6 KiB) Viewed 7131 times
PH 2 Sport Headlight.jpg
D2S HID ------Headlight Bulb

H7 (477) ------Dipped Beam

W5W (501) ----Side light

P21W (581) ----Indicator
PH 2 Sport Headlight.jpg (25.85 KiB) Viewed 7131 times
PH 2 Headlight.jpg
HB3/9005 ---------Full Beam

H7 (477) ----------Dipped Beam

W5W (501) --------Side light

P21W (581) --------Indicator
PH 2 Headlight.jpg (17.9 KiB) Viewed 7131 times
PH 1 Tailight.jpg
PY21W (581) ------Indicator

P21W (382) -------Fog

P21/5w (380) -----Brake/Rear Light

P21W (382) -------Reverse Light
PH 1 Tailight.jpg (15.29 KiB) Viewed 7131 times
PH1 Sport Headlight.jpg
HB3/9005 -----Dipped Beam

H7 (477) ------Full Beam

W5W (501) ----Side light

PY21W (581) --Indicator

H1 ------------Front Fog
PH1 Sport Headlight.jpg (23.97 KiB) Viewed 7131 times
PH1 Headlight.jpg
H4 (472) --------Full/Dipped Beam (Dual Filament Bulb)

W5W (501) ------Side light

PY21W (581) ----Indicator

H1 (448) --------Front Fog
PH1 Headlight.jpg (24.29 KiB) Viewed 7131 times

Belleblack868
Riding on 13's

Postby Belleblack868 » August 24th, 2013, 11:35 am

Hi everyone. I just bought my first car ever! It's a clio II and I um know virtually nothing about cars. So I was wondering what type of radiator coolant should I be putting in? Or would tap water work? Oh and how often should I be putting/checking the coolant? Thanks for all replies.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » August 24th, 2013, 12:20 pm

Belleblack868 wrote:Hi everyone. I just bought my first car ever! It's a clio II and I um know virtually nothing about cars. So I was wondering what type of radiator coolant should I be putting in? Or would tap water work? Oh and how often should I be putting/checking the coolant? Thanks for all replies.

If you notice in the engine bay, there is a coolant bottle that is attached on the firewall.
You need to ensure that coolant, diluted with water is in the system.

Ensure that the fluid is always clean. If there are signs of oil or mayonnaise looking crap in the bottle, you are having a gasket leak by the thermostat housing.

Did you get a owner's manual with the Clio?

Belleblack868
Riding on 13's

Postby Belleblack868 » August 24th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
Belleblack868 wrote:Hi everyone. I just bought my first car ever! It's a clio II and I um know virtually nothing about cars. So I was wondering what type of radiator coolant should I be putting in? Or would tap water work? Oh and how often should I be putting/checking the coolant? Thanks for all replies.

If you notice in the engine bay, there is a coolant bottle that is attached on the firewall.

Ensure that the fluid is always clean. If there are signs of oil or mayonnaise looking crap in the bottle, you are having a gasket leak by the thermostat housing.

Yup I got the owner's manual. I was reading it and it started mentioning antifreeze and whatnot. Since I know being the tropics and all we don't need antifreeze I just couldn't figure out if coolant meant some special type of substance or if it meant just plain tap water. I googled and some sites say that tap water is bad. So I'm wondering if there is like some special brand name or type of coolant I'm supposed to get? If I go into one of those auto parts/supplies places what do I ask for? I mean I don't want to sound like a complete idiot who has no clue what she's talking about (even if I am). I found the screw bottle thing that the coolant goes into under the hood and it's clean and clear and at max. I have no idea how long it will stay at that level and how often I'm supposed to check it. Yeah I'm gonna have a BIG learning curve with this car.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » August 24th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Belleblack868 wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:

Yup I got the owner's manual. I was reading it and it started mentioning antifreeze and whatnot. Since I know being the tropics and all we don't need antifreeze I just couldn't figure out if coolant meant some special type of substance or if it meant just plain tap water. I googled and some sites say that tap water is bad. So I'm wondering if there is like some special brand name or type of coolant I'm supposed to get? If I go into one of those auto parts/supplies places what do I ask for? I mean I don't want to sound like a complete idiot who has no clue what she's talking about (even if I am). I found the screw bottle thing that the coolant goes into under the hood and it's clean and clear and at max. I have no idea how long it will stay at that level and how often I'm supposed to check it. Yeah I'm gonna have a BIG learning curve with this car.

No need to worry if it is at max. Just note that the timing belt and water pump is recommended to be changed at every 120000km interval.
Once the coolant has ethylene glycol, yoy are goos to go. There is a Waxco coolant that retails at the gas stations that I use on my 2 vehicles.

Is the car automatic or manual?

Belleblack868
Riding on 13's

Postby Belleblack868 » August 24th, 2013, 5:39 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
Belleblack868 wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:

No need to worry if it is at max. Just note that the timing belt and water pump is recommended to be changed at every 120000km interval.
Once the coolant has ethylene glycol, yoy are goos to go. There is a Waxco coolant that retails at the gas stations that I use on my 2 vehicles.

Is the car automatic or manual?

It's a 2002 automatic with a little over 130,000km. The previous owners changed out the timing belt and water pump before selling it. Have only had it for a few days but so far it's handling really well.

Belleblack868
Riding on 13's

Postby Belleblack868 » October 8th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Hi everyone. So I need to get my clio II keys cut but ketching my royal to find anyone who has the blanks. So where can I cut keys for my Clio II?

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » October 8th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Belleblack868 wrote:Hi everyone. So I need to get my clio II keys cut but ketching my royal to find anyone who has the blanks. So where can I cut keys for my Clio II?

Amigo...
It is not that simple. Blade and transponder has to be sourced from Renault France.
If you are lucky to find someone down here to cut it, the system can only tolerate two keys. Attempting to use a third key may result in the system discarding one of the other keys or forcing the car to lock down.

GTi Guy
Sweet on this forum

Postby GTi Guy » October 8th, 2013, 7:34 pm

The place in Valpark can cut the key, only hitch is that they take a while.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » October 8th, 2013, 7:40 pm

GTi Guy wrote:The place in Valpark can cut the key, only hitch is that they take a while.

Have you done this before GTI?

Belleblack868
Riding on 13's

Postby Belleblack868 » October 8th, 2013, 7:58 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
Belleblack868 wrote:Hi everyone. So I need to get my clio II keys cut but ketching my royal to find anyone who has the blanks. So where can I cut keys for my Clio II?

Amigo...
It is not that simple. Blade and transponder has to be sourced from Renault France.
If you are lucky to find someone down here to cut it, the system can only tolerate two keys. Attempting to use a third key may result in the system discarding one of the other keys or forcing the car to lock down.

Oh I don't need the clicky thing (I'm assuming that's what the blade/transponder thing is?) cut too just the key to manually open the door if I accidentally lock the key in the car. I work in a very rural area so keeping a copy of key in my locker at work sounds like a good idea. Problem is actually finding anyone who can cut the stupid thing. So what's the name of the place in Valpark?

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » October 8th, 2013, 8:29 pm

Belleblack868 wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:

Amigo...

Oh I don't need the clicky thing (I'm assuming that's what the blade/transponder thing is?) cut too just the key to manually open the door if I accidentally lock the key in the car. I work in a very rural area so keeping a copy of key in my locker at work sounds like a good idea. Problem is actually finding anyone who can cut the stupid thing. So what's the name of the place in Valpark?

The car would not lock itself if the key is in the ignition or vice versa.

GTi Guy
Sweet on this forum

Postby GTi Guy » October 8th, 2013, 10:54 pm

once before. we got the key cut would open the doors (on a 307) but wouldnt start it initially... further tweaking by the guy got it to work (his reasoning was that the ignition barrel's fingers were more sensitive.

*as for programming the key or to get a transponder, it is always suggested that you get a virgin one and as its a renault u have to contact them or a authorised dealer and may need to use the renault equivilant of pp2000 to programme it.*

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » October 8th, 2013, 11:29 pm

GTi Guy wrote:once before. we got the key cut would open the doors (on a 307) but wouldnt start it initially... further tweaking by the guy got it to work (his reasoning was that the ignition barrel's fingers were more sensitive.

*as for programming the key or to get a transponder, it is always suggested that you get a virgin one and as its a renault u have to contact them or a authorised dealer and may need to use the renault equivilant of pp2000 to programme it.*

Pug equivalent is the Clip.
Im not sure if Lifestyle would assist in coding the new key for him. The car has to go in as well.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 15th, 2013, 7:03 pm

Anybody know where I could get a Megane steering rack?

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » October 15th, 2013, 10:54 pm

rspann wrote:Anybody know where I could get a Megane steering rack?

Electronic or Hydraulic?

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » November 20th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Renault Handle New Design.jpg
NEW DESIGN

Renault Handle.jpg
OLD DESIGN

Alot of folks, including myself, have had issues with the internal handles for the Renault Megane Classic and the Renault Clio 2 developing cracks where it is screwed unto the door.

It was just recently brought to my attention via my buddies in the UK that the new ones that are currently being offered, the area where the cracks developed have been reinforced during the manufacturing phase.

The new ones are on the car for a year now. No cracks thus far.

Riaad_Mohammed
Ricer

Postby Riaad_Mohammed » December 22nd, 2013, 12:22 am

megane classic sedan rolling shell for sale call 748-3682 for all info

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » December 22nd, 2013, 9:12 am

Riaad_Mohammed wrote:megane classic sedan rolling shell for sale call 748-3682 for all info

the SSSS--RRRR failed?

a_m123
Riding on 13's

Postby a_m123 » May 3rd, 2014, 4:29 pm

Renault scenic II for sale..PCD...call 746-1324 for details. Car serviced by Jonathan from St.Augustine.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » May 4th, 2014, 10:35 am

a_m123 wrote:Renault scenic II for sale..PCD...call 746-1324 for details. Car serviced by Jonathan from St.Augustine.

This is the same one doing 77000 km?

a_m123
Riding on 13's

Postby a_m123 » May 4th, 2014, 4:15 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:
a_m123 wrote:Renault scenic II for sale..PCD...call 746-1324 for details. Car serviced by Jonathan from St.Augustine.

No. The car is doing 98 173 km as of today. Looking to get $30,000

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » May 4th, 2014, 7:59 pm

a_m123 wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:

No. The car is doing 98 173 km as of today. Looking to get $30,000

I know Johnathan.

Maybe you can post some pics of the vehicle.

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » May 14th, 2014, 7:23 pm

I'm thinking about selling my Rockford Fosgate R152s from the old Megane 2. What do you guys think?

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”