TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK euro aftermarket parts and accessories..

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

BRT
3NE 2NR for life

WTK euro aftermarket parts and accessories..

Postby BRT » July 1st, 2009, 3:47 pm

i would just like to know what you guys think abt a store that would supply accessories and aftermarket parts strickly for euro cars.? do you guys think enough ppl down here like tuning up there euros?

Gool
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Gool » July 1st, 2009, 4:27 pm

there are quite a few suppliers of oem and aftermarket euro parts down here already. but most operating on the road or from home as opening a store may not be feasible as sales turnover will be a bit slow. ( not many ppl in trini willing to spend money to mod and enhance thier euro cars) I for one import parts and whole sale to quite a few euro mechanics.

store means higher prices. and euro parts prices already high!

silver
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby silver » July 1st, 2009, 4:30 pm

will probably work if you seek out some of the owners and do by order only for a bit until it catches on..

TriniVdub
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TriniVdub » July 1st, 2009, 4:35 pm

hmmm don't know if it would be beneficial to u as the seller. Don't really think they have a lot of euro tuners who do anything more than change there wheels, basic ting na. Not saying they don't have the enthusiast who go all out, but they are very few and chances are they get there parts already from overseas at really good deals.
Perhaps instead of just focusing on euros only, it maybe best to branch off to other automakers as well, thereby increasing ur customers as well as your profits.

Its a risk,but you never know u might hit the jackpot.

BRT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BRT » July 1st, 2009, 4:54 pm

ummm, keep giving feed back ppl, i want to hear everyone's opinion. and im not talking abt mechanical parts really, more on the cosmetic side!

dregz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby dregz » July 1st, 2009, 6:44 pm

i think its ah good idea, buh like d above 2NERS said, it may not b economically feasible right now. i would however really appreciate a store that leans towards performance upgrades to euros, especially Peugeot.

Mazdout
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mazdout » July 2nd, 2009, 8:11 am

It's a great idea - if you can risk it and have the cash to burn. Someone always has to be the first.
However, the timing may be a bit early. I order like most 2ners, as a matter-of-fact just ordered some adjustable konisport kit for my VW. And we all know there are tons of upgrades for these cars.

silver
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby silver » July 2nd, 2009, 11:20 am

I still think the catalogue idea might work...atleast till you can gauge the appetite in terms of car brand then you might be able to specialize. Some of these Euro cars have alot of options that i'm sure tuners or not would be glad to have, once it is reasonable. The car phone accessory in the middle handrest for e.g ...or carbon fibre emblems or special pieces..then the obvious flare kits.side skirts etc...you could bring in the original brand name one, then make moulds and sell them cheaper ...

BRT
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BRT » July 3rd, 2009, 10:20 am

the catalogue thing is a good idea, but to make moulds for the flare kits i dont think that is a good idea, reason why euro things are expenisve is cause they are quality made items, yall never realise when u order euro parts or even accessories, they last much longer and dont look old fast. that is the advantage of having a euro, that is what sets euro cars apart from japanese cars, look at all the euros they have on the road for long that are well kept, they still have a modern new finish to them as compared to jap cars. This is my opinion, if yall disagree say so.

silver
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby silver » July 3rd, 2009, 11:01 am

i agree about the quality. I was suggesting the moulds as a budget option for those that might not want the premium item.
I personally would not buy the 'copy' but the wider potential customer base you can target even in a specific market like euro aftermarket accessories, the better.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » July 3rd, 2009, 2:03 pm

there are pros..and there are cons..

For the Renault Clios, performance and enhancement stuff coming out of Europe would seem expensive because of the fees attributed to shipping and handling. Check out k-tecracing.com. They have the works for Renault vehicles..

TriniVdub
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TriniVdub » July 3rd, 2009, 2:40 pm

silver wrote:i agree about the quality. I was suggesting the moulds as a budget option for those that might not want the premium item.
I personally would not buy the 'copy' but the wider potential customer base you can target even in a specific market like euro aftermarket accessories, the better.

so u would like to know u put down 25k or more for an original Brabus or Lorinser bodykit and a couple of weeks down the road every man jack with a Mercedes driving around with a replica of the same kit (made from ur original) for less than 3k ?

:roll: come na man, OG ftw

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”