Forums

Mazda 323 hold light blinking

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Litium
Riding on 13's

Mazda 323 hold light blinking

Postby Litium » March 6th, 2013, 5:35 pm

I have a Mazda 323, noticed one day the the car lost power saw the HOLD light blinking on the dash. Took it for a diagnostic and two messages came up:-

1. PO118 ECT SENSOR
2. PO755 SHIFT SOLENOID #2

Have no idea what those messages mean. I was told by the guy who did the diagnostic that my transmission needs to be rebuilt or to purchase a new one.

A lil help with this issue would be appreciated.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Re: Mazda 323 hold light blinking

Postby Strugglerzinc » March 6th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Or simply the obvious, shift solenoid #2 needs to be changed.

A shift solenoid is a little electro-mechanical component inside the tranny that the engine computer uses to regulate gear changes. You have 5 of them.

If the ECU detects an issue with the tranny, it will go into limp (safety mode?, failsafe mode?) mode which is what you are getting now.

These codes can also be caused by faulty wiring, slack connectors on the tranny so beware of this.

This can be done for relatively small money at a transmission repair person. Anyone who says change a tranny for a shift solenoid deserves a bullet in the head.

You should also get that ECT sensor looked at. Possibly not related to the tranny issue but can cause other issues. It's also an easy change.

Litium
Riding on 13's

Postby Litium » March 6th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Thanks a lot much appreciated.

ShaqThom
Sweet on this forum

Postby ShaqThom » March 13th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:Or simply the obvious, shift solenoid #2 needs to be changed.

A shift solenoid is a little electro-mechanical component inside the tranny that the engine computer uses to regulate gear changes. You have 5 of them.

If the ECU detects an issue with the tranny, it will go into limp (safety mode?, failsafe mode?) mode which is what you are getting now.

These codes can also be caused by faulty wiring, slack connectors on the tranny so beware of this.

This can be done for relatively small money at a transmission repair person. Anyone who says change a tranny for a shift solenoid deserves a bullet in the head.

You should also get that ECT sensor looked at. Possibly not related to the tranny issue but can cause other issues. It's also an easy change.

This man have alot of 323 knowledge boi

MoeZilla
Riding on 13's

Postby MoeZilla » April 19th, 2013, 8:02 am

Hey litium. Where did u have the scan done? I have a bj with the hold light blinking aswell. Im also curious to know what my problem is.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » May 29th, 2013, 9:58 pm

moezilla
lots of transmission places have scannars
if you from south there is Winston in dumfres

Grave
Riding on 13's

Postby Grave » March 1st, 2020, 7:52 pm

Hey guys I am having the same hold light issue . It only blinking an car stalling an it cuts off. When I start it back it works normal .when an did a scan it said tps an selinoid A in the transmission. What should I do from here?

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”