Forums

Any MX6 Owners out there?

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SiRMX
3NE 2NR for life

Any MX6 Owners out there?

Postby SiRMX » February 28th, 2012, 9:34 am

Greetings all, I'm brand new to the Trini-Tuner family but I've been a quiet visitor for quite a while.

I'm the proud owner of a Mazda MX6 for coming on 8 years now, and also recently purchased a Civic SiR to be my daily driver as I was tired of not being able to allot the necessary time with the MX whenever I had mechanical issues.

So I'm just reaching out to any fellow MX6 owners so that we could share some knowledge and our ownership experiences.

Thank you!

SiRMX.

zacxs
Street 2NR

Re: Any MX6 Owners out there?

Postby zacxs » March 5th, 2012, 10:46 pm

yep i have 2, a manual one from japan bought it down in 2004 , and a local pay model..the jspec one has the manual with the klze engine rear wheel steering , heated passenger mirrors digital climate control, its fast as hell.. the local its in mint condition as well, just a paint job it needs.. the interior is mint the shocks ebgine trany everything is great ..great cars never had major issues with them , i know these cars from inside out any problem just ask,,

SiRMX
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SiRMX » March 7th, 2012, 8:57 pm

Thanks brother! I was beginning to think that all the MX6 owners on TT had moved on. My car is not as mint as it used to be, I too could do with a paint job, and my driver's seat now has a hole in it due to the wear and tear. I bought the car from one of my best friends and he wasn't into speed but music, so he put a lot in it, sadly, due to age, one of the amps and head unit have blown too many times for me to bother again right now to bring that aspect back to its original glory!

I on the other hand really appreciate a fsat car, and even though I was told I was trying to make a race horse out of a donkey, I plodded along with some mods. The first thing I did was install an after market auxilliary transmission oil cooler, then I put in Pace Setter headers, had a custom built free flow 2 1/2 inch exhaust system installed, Eibach performance springs, EBC slotted and dimpled front rotors (no longer on), EBC solid rear rotors, K&N FIPK for the MX6, Arospeed Ground Wire Control Kit, and I also changed out most of the suspension to poly-urethane.

In retrospect though maybe I should of listened to my friend, because most of the time, it was only cut-arse ah was getting!

Since I bought the car, and after doing alot of research, I have been looking for a front cut to get my hands on a KLZE engine and transmission WITH the harness and ECU, but to no avail! Sadly, when I did find a KLZE, it was without the harness and ECU and the clowns selling it actually told me that my ECU would have worked well.

Zacks when you get a chance you must post a few pics, I would love to see them. I think the MX6 is and would always be a beautiful car! I just wish the models sold here weren't all show and no go!

zacxs
Street 2NR

Postby zacxs » March 10th, 2012, 1:03 am

so true..but to ease your mind these cars is not a donkey as ppl say..the problem is that we got the de tuned version from ss..using the kf engine a 2.0l engine.. the jspec came with the klze like mines it has the klze with the kl31ecu stamped on it rated at 200hp at the wheels..o and its manual too.. i race mines alot i have a centreforce stage 3 disc and pressure plate .. fuel reg cold air intake headers and more..let me tell u not even the turbo civic can keep up it runs like a devil ..

SiRMX
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SiRMX » March 16th, 2012, 10:42 am

Some pics of my 6!

When I bought it in 2004, my good friend who owned it had put chrome fender arches on it which I eventually removed. (never cared for them). The paint is a bit faded now and the rims have lost some of their lustre! Not sure if they can be brought back to life.
Attachments
cars1.1.JPG
The car as it is now.
In Tobago 2007.jpg
Down a bit from the Espinade in Scarborough
MX 2007.jpg
CAR 2004.2.JPG
Original MOMOs
CAR 2004.1.JPG
When I first bought her!

krisjoseph_2000
3NE 2NR for life

Postby krisjoseph_2000 » April 18th, 2012, 4:05 pm

A few of us would be meeting Sunday morning near north side and maybe a drive to Arima. Interested persons pm me.

brenthousian
Riding on 13's

Postby brenthousian » May 17th, 2012, 12:53 am

you're not alone..... i have a '97 model with the KLZE 2.5 V6.... left hand drive fwd manual... now getting into some research also... not too sure if i wanna go full performance due to the availability (or lack there of) of parts

brenthousian
Riding on 13's

Postby brenthousian » May 17th, 2012, 12:58 am

there they are
Attachments
IMG_1598.JPG
my sexy ladies.....

brenthousian
Riding on 13's

Postby brenthousian » May 17th, 2012, 1:00 am

where locally can you source parts?
(other than aranguez)

SiRMX
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SiRMX » May 21st, 2012, 7:33 am

Believe it or not, I still at times source parts through the dealership. On rarer occasions now though as their prices are ridiculously high! Aside from that, I have a few pardnahs who travel and on occasion I've burdened them with getting me a few items.

Right now I'm actually trying to see if I could have my four cradle arm bushings redone in polyurethane, as they're gone now and as a result the car can't be aligned (so no long runs for me!)

You can do a search on tuner for mx6, and see what you can find, as I seem to recall a few tuners mentioning some places where parts could be found.

Good luck brother and thanks for posting! Kris sorry but I only just saw your invitation, but as I was telling Brent, I'm trying to get the car in better shape before taking it on any long runs. Thanks for the invitation.

Cheers!

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » May 22nd, 2012, 8:49 pm

correct me if i'm wrong but local mx6 are pay and paz only, all came with automatic 2.0 v6 and all had fabric seats, 15" rims, fogs, moonroof, spoiler, mud guards, 14" 5-lug rims, 4-wheel disc brakes etc....did any come with dual airbags, abs, leather seats, cruise control and 2.5 v6?

zacxs
Street 2NR

Postby zacxs » May 22nd, 2012, 10:14 pm

not all came only those series, it had pbl pbm i have a pbm jspec model came with rear wheel steering 4wdb 2.5l klze manual stock.. digital a/c 180mph tach fogs with indicators in them full front lights

SiRMX
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SiRMX » May 23rd, 2012, 8:51 am

Hey Zacxs, acesinghit was asking about locally sold MX6s. In that case, the majority were 2.0v6s and had fabric seats, 15 inch rims, ABS and 4-wheel disc brakes, sunroof, fog lights etc as you stated above. There were none with dual air-bags and cruise control as far as I know. However I was told that they're were three that did come with the 2.5 V6 engine, in fact I've seen two of them; a silver and a burgundy, (both PAY series). These cars didn't have leather either and what distinguished them externally, were GT stickers on the front fenders just after the doors, and a petal style rim. Those same rims and GT stickers were also on the GT 626 which was equipped with the 2.5V6, and leather seats. I hope this is helpful.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » May 23rd, 2012, 9:04 am

^^^indeed you both were helpful. What is the status of PAY 500 and PAY 501? I was told PAY 500 is infact the GT model which shares the same engine/transmission/rims as the 626 GT. So the GT 626/MX6 did come with ABS then? I know they came with leather seats but those are KL-DE not KL-ZE right?

SiRMX
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SiRMX » May 23rd, 2012, 12:30 pm

You're correct, PAY 500 was the silver I spoke about, it belonged to a gentleman named Tim Ali who is now deceased I believe, I think he sold the car, but haven't seen it around for a while. PAY 501 was and I think still is red, the last time I saw it it had the MAZDASPEED body kit on it complete with the rear wing and JDM headlights. The last time I saw that on the road was maybe over a year ago.

It should follow that the 626 GT came with ABS, but who knows with our car dealers, and yes, the engine would be the KL-DE and not KL-ZE which is highly sought after, in fact, I've been looking for one for years, complete with the ecu of course!

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » May 23rd, 2012, 5:20 pm

PAY 500 AFAIK came red (Bhagwansingh's) and PAY 501 came originally black (Pillai's) were the original owners???

SiRMX
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SiRMX » May 24th, 2012, 9:11 am

Oh yes, you're right! I was thinking of PAY 600, my bad. 600 was silver and owned by Mr. Ali.

capstar
Street 2NR

Postby capstar » June 27th, 2012, 10:05 pm

PAZ ***
Attachments
paz.jpg
Last edited by capstar on September 11th, 2012, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SiRMX
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SiRMX » June 28th, 2012, 7:19 am

Looking great Capstar! A pity you're selling. Two years ago I reached a low point with mine and I put her up for sale, I decided to keep her however after I kept getting low-balled and strung along by promised buyers. I'm on a second wind now however and am trying to source some suspension parts and other bits to bring her back up to how I would like. I noticed what looks like a JDM pr North American Market rear bumper on the car, have you done a lot of work on the car? How's she running?

capstar
Street 2NR

Postby capstar » June 28th, 2012, 9:18 am

SiRMX wrote:Looking great Capstar! A pity you're selling. Two years ago I reached a low point with mine and I put her up for sale, I decided to keep her however after I kept getting low-balled and strung along by promised buyers. I'm on a second wind now however and am trying to source some suspension parts and other bits to bring her back up to how I would like. I noticed what looks like a JDM pr North American Market rear bumper on the car, have you done a lot of work on the car? How's she running?

My car is in excellent working condition(original)...I buy most of my parts at the firm...this year i did shocks/mounts/seals/gaskets/fluids/bearings/belts/plugs/rotors/pads and many more..... spent $10K> but its a great car...
I am migrating in a few weeks hence the reason its up for sale.

Good luck with yours!

SiRMX
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SiRMX » June 28th, 2012, 1:58 pm

Thanks brother! I must say your car is really looking good! Right now I'm trying to source the cradle arm bushings, but first I'm checking to see if they can be done in polyurethane. Also going to change the left rear shock mount and rear shocks as well as re-do my engine mounts in poly as well! Fed up pay through the nose for the parts locally, and importing them is a pain as many times I find that they don't understand what you want or have the correct item. How much are you looking for by the way?

capstar
Street 2NR

Postby capstar » July 4th, 2012, 9:53 pm

SiRMX wrote:Thanks brother! I must say your car is really looking good! Right now I'm trying to source the cradle arm bushings, but first I'm checking to see if they can be done in polyurethane. Also going to change the left rear shock mount and rear shocks as well as re-do my engine mounts in poly as well! Fed up pay through the nose for the parts locally, and importing them is a pain as many times I find that they don't understand what you want or have the correct item. How much are you looking for by the way?

I forgot to mention..REPUAUTO(653-5896) in Marabella also sells parts for these cars

SiRMX
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SiRMX » July 5th, 2012, 7:08 am

Thanks Capstar! I have to tell you good luck with the sale, and your new life off of these shores! If I had the cash, I would have certainly taken it off your hands. I've goten knocked down many times over the years with mine, having to deal with shit-hound mechanics and the unavailability of parts. However, when ever my friends start to pound me about minding 'old car' et cetera, I take comfort in the fact that for the money, there is still nothing that looks like it on the road today and if I wanted a new sports car or GT, it's hundreds of thousands of dollars you have to pelt out! So, bit by bit, I will bring my 6 back!

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » July 5th, 2012, 9:21 am

well my friend, a youth was looking for his first car and asked me what to buy, I recommended capstar's car since all the guy knows about is primeras, a31's and box lancers(the car culture of backward central). He told me capstar's might be sold, and he is really interested in the mx6 the more he sees it. Any of you guys know of any other well maintained mx6's for sale?

SiRMX
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SiRMX » July 5th, 2012, 10:57 am

Hello. Yes, on www.trinicarsforsale.com there are three, including capstar's own. One of them was also up on Tuner for sale, a two-tone one with 20 inch rims. So let him start there. Hope he has cash though, yuh know how these banks move!

capstar
Street 2NR

Postby capstar » July 5th, 2012, 11:34 am

SiRMX wrote:Thanks Capstar! I have to tell you good luck with the sale, and your new life off of these shores! If I had the cash, I would have certainly taken it off your hands. I've goten knocked down many times over the years with mine, having to deal with shit-hound mechanics and the unavailability of parts. However, when ever my friends start to pound me about minding 'old car' et cetera, I take comfort in the fact that for the money, there is still nothing that looks like it on the road today and if I wanted a new sports car or GT, it's hundreds of thousands of dollars you have to pelt out! So, bit by bit, I will bring my 6 back!

Thanks...and trust me i know...the amount of jokers called me :? however the first person that saw it bought it...i would not recommend you or any1 sell your MX6 for pennies....lots of people dont know how much these cars cost when they came out :roll: & like i said i only sold mine because i am migrating. Parts are available locally plus in the USA & UK have lots of parts ,from carbon fibre bonnets to performance parts! My uncle who is a car dealer in the USA told me he can get an MX6 in top condition there for $1500-$2000USD so again parts should not be an issue......Best of luck to all MX6 owners 8-)

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » July 5th, 2012, 4:59 pm

those cars on trinicarsforsale, aside from capstar's one look poorly maintained, so I really cant recommend them to him. Parts importation is no biggie, i import most parts for my 323 as is, and i save money over buying parts locally.I can get new parts landed for the cost of used parts in the bamboo.

krisjoseph_2000
3NE 2NR for life

Postby krisjoseph_2000 » July 11th, 2012, 3:44 pm

This is mine for the moment and im sure this does not look poorly maintained.......but you must have another car so it wont get beat up too much.

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » July 11th, 2012, 4:57 pm

krisjoseph_2000 wrote:Image
This is mine for the moment and im sure this does not look poorly maintained.......but you must have another car so it wont get beat up too much.

i wouldnt buy somn like that, nor would i recommend it...big rims=transmission strain. local paintjob, stickers everywhere...

krisjoseph_2000
3NE 2NR for life

Postby krisjoseph_2000 » July 11th, 2012, 6:23 pm

Well I learnt something new, 3 stickers and $10,000 rims devalue a car. I wasn't aware that the rims were welded to the chasis- and that they couldn't change. The carbon fiber look is paint not stickers.

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”