Forums

MAzda 323 Automatic transmission thread

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Re: MAzda 323 Automatic transmission thread

Postby Strugglerzinc » December 1st, 2013, 2:26 pm

The Valvoline was recommended by my mech when i was seeing trouble with Castrol.

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » December 1st, 2013, 4:30 pm

i was really surprised by the performance of the valvoline atf. Good stuff

insanelunatic
3NE 2NR for life

Postby insanelunatic » March 11th, 2014, 12:52 am

yoooo!! don't no if this topic was talked about but here I go....... willing to do ah DIY auto transmission fluid change on my car after a very very very long time *ashamed* any how, learnt ah bit that its not to hard to drain and refill, but due to the length of time I waited to change was wondering if I should change filter also and should I get it flushed(guessing that's where d garage comes in) or jus drain and refill at home and no flush! thanks!! btw if self flushing can it be done home.... have ah millions tools at hand :D

Wildcard26
Riding on 16's

Postby Wildcard26 » March 11th, 2014, 8:38 am

Due to the length of time, if it is pas 100K km especially it would not hurt to change the transmission filter. Be sure to get your hands on some silicone to place on the Oil Sump pan. Clean off the magnet and any excess of sealant that may already be there so that it seats properly when you are mounting back up everything. The flush can be done with the car, just drain the fluid out first then when that is done, go start the car and shift it from P to D, just holding it for a few seconds at each shift to drain the torque converter. Do not let the car run for too long when doing this, this is just to let the hydraulic pressure from the car push out the fluid. When this is completed, you can refill...Another way some people do the same thing is to put in a cheaper; but of the same standard transmission fluid in the car while it is up on the jack stands and start it and let it push out the old fluid until you start to see the newer fluid come out of the car. Your car may need about 5-8 quarts to refill after, most times it is just 5 so I said 8 just o be safe.

insanelunatic
3NE 2NR for life

Postby insanelunatic » March 11th, 2014, 7:04 pm

Wildcard26 wrote:Due to the length of time, if it is pas 100K km especially it would not hurt to change the transmission filter. Be sure to get your hands on some silicone to place on the Oil Sump pan. Clean off the magnet and any excess of sealant that may already be there so that it seats properly when you are mounting back up everything. The flush can be done with the car, just drain the fluid out first then when that is done, go start the car and shift it from P to D, just holding it for a few seconds at each shift to drain the torque converter. Do not let the car run for too long when doing this, this is just to let the hydraulic pressure from the car push out the fluid. When this is completed, you can refill...Another way some people do the same thing is to put in a cheaper; but of the same standard transmission fluid in the car while it is up on the jack stands and start it and let it push out the old fluid until you start to see the newer fluid come out of the car. Your car may need about 5-8 quarts to refill after, most times it is just 5 so I said 8 just o be safe.

nice write up bro......btw.....where would I get a trans filter?

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » March 11th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Fullstop on the forum might have for you. Pm him.

dreadman
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby dreadman » March 17th, 2014, 9:38 pm

buh y silicone? i have a zl engine in my bj and i changed tranny filter 2 mths ago an i got a sump pan seal too when i got d filter. got it at maruds in marabella. no need for silicone.

Wildcard26
Riding on 16's

Postby Wildcard26 » March 18th, 2014, 9:32 am

The silicone tends to seal better than the seal they provide. I had a ZL-VE and the filter was never change and a sealant was used from the factory. Not saying that you woulnd't have luck using the gasket but the silicone binds the sump and tends to provide better sealing for a longer time. The gasket, especially if it is not a good material can break down and leak over time and tends to be more difficult to get seated right when you are putting back up everything.

aka
3NE 2NR for life

Postby aka » April 23rd, 2014, 10:29 am

Problems fellas, sigh. jus replaced the tranny and the problem is it seems stuck in 3rd gear (safe mode). pull of is very very weak and the gear does not change, it jus runs up to 120kmph at about 4,000 rpm or so. did a scan, came up as ECT circuit high input. changed the temp sensor unit and problem still persists. no hold light blinkin or anything. anyone have any ideas?

also i need a neutral switch; the grooves on the inside of mine are worn.

rideordie2448
Riding on 13's

Postby rideordie2448 » July 8th, 2014, 11:09 am

Ok folks its about that time for my yearly change in transmission fluid. I have a sport20 FS-ZE tiptronic tranny thinking about changing to Valvoline tranny fluid currently using Castrol activematic.Is there any procedure to be used in changing brands.

rayrayray
Street 2NR

Postby rayrayray » September 7th, 2014, 12:31 am

What's the cost of a rebuild kit ?

codymoore1017
Riding on 13's

Postby codymoore1017 » February 11th, 2015, 11:13 am

mazda 323 GEARBOX for sale. $2500

my number 2862143

jovz88
Riding on 13's

Postby jovz88 » April 19th, 2015, 7:11 pm

Looking for an automatic transmission to buy for a BH model.
Can anyone suggest some good sources? The Bamboo is dried out.

KraziiKris
Riding on 13's

Postby KraziiKris » October 15th, 2019, 9:49 am

Does anyone rebuild gearbox for the ZL engine?

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”