TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Advice needed

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rodney117
Street 2NR

Advice needed

Postby rodney117 » September 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Good day just wanted to get some info
I’m currently thinking about buying a forester sg5 model that’s have a ej20 naturally aspirated engine in it
My question is how easy is Parts to get for this model forester and a lot of individuals keep telling me that these vehicles gas consumption is high and engine gives a lot of trouble uses premium and can’t use lower octane fuel I don’t know but I really like these foresters and want to get one
Thanks

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Advice needed

Postby TheBoostLord » September 25th, 2018, 2:23 pm

parts are ver easy to get for sg forester, gas consumption isnt bad but not a great as a 2wd vehicle. n/a engines run forever with proper care.

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » September 27th, 2018, 4:29 pm

Just remember, when the government closes the refinery and has to import gasoline at International prices, ship, store and distribute it, then have no "subsidy", the price at the pump will more than double.
Don't say I did not warn you !
Peace.
RR.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 27th, 2018, 6:25 pm

What if fuel is imported from Venezuela? Fuel there sells for $0.07/liter.

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » September 27th, 2018, 6:52 pm

Good news

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » September 28th, 2018, 7:23 am

Read in yesterday's Express what Franklin Khan said.
Just remember there is this government official who is bent on removing the "subsidy" on gasoline, though throughout the history of budget presentations in T&T, no one ever volunteered to say what is subsidy, and what is real price.
Venezuela is a country in crisis. I have been there 42 times in my life. Can we be assured that we will get a lower price than International prices ? If we use 25,000 barrels a day, that is 1,100,000 gallons of fuel. Work that out in US$. Can Trinidad do big business with them without feeling the "big-stick" of the USA ?
A Subaru Forester has a healthy appetite for gas..........as was mentioned, Premium.
Maintaining the mechanical aspect of the car will pale, compared to buying gasoline.

Peace.
RR.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 10th, 2018, 8:46 pm

Chances are its an EJ205, open deck motor. Parts fairly easy to get, have a few guys I deal with here and there for tid bits. Just about every part you can get online and parts are built to last.

A lot of info online for DIY mods and repair. In vest in one of those bluetooth scanner one time, paid like USD $10.00 for mine. You might need to clear a code occasionally like dirty MAF.

Fuel consumption, it will drink depending on how you drive. I use just over 1/4 tank from Fyzabad to Arima and back. This weekend I use more than half tank for the same run. $100.00 premium last me awhile since I live close to work. I use premium and meth, had a tune done by R-tune for the mod.

Engine only gives trouble if its mistreated and jackass mechanics work on it. I never had an issue (knock on wood) and neither does my boss (forester) or his wife (legacy) and my boss boss (legacy).

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » October 10th, 2018, 11:03 pm

he's looking at a non turbo forester, good info nonetheless.

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”